Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah. Made it as hard as possible but should give them all a boost following the disappointment of the last two games.

Aye. Thought Sterling was a lot more involved back in his more natural wide attacking position, and Lovren showed he can be more than solid in a back four.

Obviously its not the greatest standard, no disrespect to Blackburn, but they're are some positives to take into the next run of games.

Still the general theme of not really looking like scoring, though. That's been going on for months now, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Carvajal with a great run and assist for Madrid just there, with them signing Danilo, Id love to see us make a move for him. Suits us perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Carvajal with a great run and assist for Madrid just there, with them signing Danilo, Id love to see us make a move for him. Suits us perfect

Danilo in means arbeloa out, carvajal will stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Fcuk it, it looks like its a trip to the passport office on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ynwa_17 wrote: »

It's Real Madrid, they'll keep both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

next season, instead of buying players for £10m to "add squad depth", we should just promote and use Ibe and Teixeira at least.

brevity wrote: »
    Rodgers needs to learn when to use 3 at the back and when to use 4 at the back. Using three at the back against 2 very experienced managers probably wasn't the best idea in retrospect.

Sometimes I think he has trouble when to use a specific method and not be afraid to revert to something that might not have worked previously.

agree... I think Rodgers sometimes stumbles on a formation/method and uses it too much that other opposition managers can study it and then nullify it.. he needs to mix it up and keep them guessing..

Sterling is wasted out wide (either flank)

He really needs to start playing like a proper winger if he is being played on the wing.. bomb on and beat the defender and then should use his pace to get away and then make a chance or shoot.. dont know why he doesn't ?

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Was offered tickets to the Semi Final earlier.

Fcukin passport is out of date.

if your in ireland, you can get the fast track passport thingy..if you are quick!!

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I reckon/hope its fitness (lack of) with sturridge. His injuries weren't on the very serious side so its not like Torres with carryover from the injury effecting him. Worst case scenario sturridge can perform fox in box striker role if the pace is lost. Reckon he will be seen back to his best though.

Shearer & Fowler would have been proud of coutinho's goal, the power of a Shearer shot placed like a Fowler shot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

mada999 wrote: »
    He really needs to start playing like a proper winger if he is being played on the wing.. bomb on and beat the defender and then should use his pace to get away and then make a chance or shoot.. dont know why he doesn't ?

Good question, you just know Ibe wouldn't need asking twice, knock it past and run on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Explains his performance tonight. He was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

According to the LFC website it's his second child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

City after Coutinho for 35M now if you believe the Mirror.

Sounds like scutter to be honest.

City after Coutinho for 35M now if you believe the Mirror.

Sounds like scutter to be honest.

35? Pah! If he is worth that then Sterling is worth 30 at most. Oh wait, hang on I'm doing that wrong aren't I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Phew.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Explains his performance tonight. He was poor.

Our two best plays came from quick one twos and he was involved in both.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Our two best plays came from quick one twos and he was involved in both.

I know but I still think he was poor. Don't get me wrong though...I love the fella. Just thought he had an off night.

• Advertisement

Did Mario have Hendo's baby? It all makes sense now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did Mario have Hendo's baby? It all makes sense now...

Pregnancy test?

https://instagram.com/p/1OpRllLj6B/

CCGmA2mW0AAeUkX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I know but I still think he was poor. Don't get me wrong though...I love the fella. Just thought he had an off night.

There was no real standouts but he was apart of the moment that mattered.

Sterling looked dangerous but his final ball seemed only to result in a corner.

I was more worried about Moreno going to ground to easily and of course Sturridges heavy first touch.

End of the day, thank **** we're through.

Oh and the makeshift defence looked ok, big +s with Johnson, Loveren and Kolo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

How long could Sakho be out? Big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Thought Lovren looked like a cb for us for the first time. Although that's tempered by the fact that Johnson also was grand. Moreno lunges into everything. At one stage they broke down moreno's side in the second half. I was like 'where the hell is Moreno?' Cue him entering the picture sprinting from miles back. In his defence he got the block in but his decisions of when to go forward are way off. Should only be done when you have Lucas back to slot in so the cb can go cover. Relieved to hear the final whistle tbh. Zero movement up top. Allen was the furthest forward of our midfielders. I think Can would be super in the role Allen played tonight. Anyway still alive thank f*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lovren did well but wouldn't get carried away as Blackburn just played high balls.
    He tends to struggle more against fast forwards.

Coutinho is easily our POTY. Sterling played very well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

MD1990 wrote: »
    He tends to struggle more against fast forwards.

fast_forward.png?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mario is a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Was offered tickets to the Semi Final earlier.

Fcukin passport is out of date.

You dont need a passport to go to England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

mada999 wrote: »
    agree... I think Rodgers sometimes stumbles on a formation/method and uses it too much that other opposition managers can study it and then nullify it.. he needs to mix it up and keep them guessing..
    Careful now - there are some that consider such an assertion to be the greatest blasphemy against the manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

aw Thats nice. Jordan Henderson has called his new baby daughter Countinhella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

aw Thats nice. Jordan Henderson has called his new baby daughter Countinhella.

Thought it would have been Brenda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was anyone else's favourite moment of the game when Moreno was been attacked from the wing towards the box, and he stood there arms outstretched (in the exact opposite movement to putting them behind his back) and then block the cross with his foot?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You dont need a passport to go to England?

No but airlines insist on one for id. Not sure about ferries though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

cjmc wrote: »
    No but airlines insist on one for id. Not sure about ferries though

Just Ryanair.

Aer Lingus do not.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Baldy, don't post in this thread again until you've ditched that sig. Everyone else, any other off topic posts will be deleted. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would a couple of spoons of Calpol not sorted Mario out last night :confused:

Really disappointed how that signing has worked out....knew he was risky but thought he might settle down and be an asset for us. The £20M we wasted on him and Lambert could surely have been better wasted on players in other areas of the pitch instead.

Anyway, good result last night...hopefully it might reinflate confidence and spark a strong finish to the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Would a couple of spoons of Calpol not sorted Mario out last night :confused:

Really disappointed how that signing has worked out....knew he was risky but thought he might settle down and be an asset for us. The £20M we wasted on him and Lambert could surely have been better wasted on players in other areas of the pitch instead.

Anyway, good result last night...hopefully it might reinflate confidence and spark a strong finish to the season

Wasn't it 16 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Thought it would have been Brenda

Its philokneena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Kirby wrote:
    Wasn't it 16 million?

Combined with lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Its Robbie Fowlers 40th Birthday Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXLZPwfnPM

Here's something to cheer us up after the weekend

:D
    Manchester City eye audacious £90m TRIPLE swoop for Sterling, Henderson AND Coutinho Daily and Sunday Express 09:39

Man City Eye Audacious Move For £35m Liverpool Star As Part Of Triple Anfield Swoop Football-Talk 09:02

I'd nearly like this story to be true - show how desperate they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

FitzShane wrote: »
    Was anyone else's favourite moment of the game when Moreno was been attacked from the wing towards the box, and he stood there arms outstretched (in the exact opposite movement to putting them behind his back) and then block the cross with his foot?!
    Don't think so . I think everyone's favourite moments was u know the goal :P

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't think so . I think everyone's favourite moments was u know the goal :P

The goal was good but I think my favourite moment was the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I loved the bit where the thing happened and it was great because it made me forget about the other event that wasn't so enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What's up with Studge by the way? Balls where pinging off him all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Rust. He's only been back for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He badly needs the pre season by the looks of things. Just seems off at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Was impressed with Sako & Lovren except for when Sako left one ball thinking Migs would come for it adn he didn't and resulting in Blackburn nearly nicking one in. Scarey biscuits that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Its Robbie Fowlers 40th Birthday Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXLZPwfnPM

Here's something to cheer us up after the weekend

Great memories there, but I hate that 'fake commentary' where they get someone to record commentary years later, as if it was live...

J.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement