Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What's up with Studge by the way? Balls where pinging off him all night.

He did have two near misses, the curler from outside the box and the dinker over the keeper that just went over. He's missing a proper foil, like he had with Suarez. He's trying to be both the target man, and the link-up man, and the 6 yard box man.

Will be fine with playing with Lacazette and Origi next season. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Rust. He's only been back for 3 months.
    A quick shot of WD40 should sort it out so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What's up with Studge by the way? Balls where pinging off him all night.
    Id be more worried by his lack of pace since returning. Im hoping all the muscle injuries haven't caught up with him & he hasn't permantley lost his pace like what happened to Owen & Torres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool have to change the formation to help Sturridge, last night with both the most likely assist providers starting from the flanks he was too isolated too often, the diamond with Sterling alongside him makes by far and away the most of what little Liverpool have in front of goal. Its annoying that Rodgers can't see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dickerty wrote: »
    He did have two near misses, the curler from outside the box and the dinker over the keeper that just went over. He's missing a proper foil, like he had with Suarez. He's trying to be both the target man, and the link-up man, and the 6 yard box man.

Will be fine with playing with Lacazette and Origi next season. :cool:

I also felt like this.

I'd almost, almost like to see somethng like.

Sterling----Lambert
    Sturridge

for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

noodler wrote: »
    I also felt like this.

I'd almost, almost like to see somethng like.

Sterling----Lambert
    Sturridge

for a game.

What about ballotelli in there instead , I would give that a shot from now until the season ends to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hull game moved to tues Apr 28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

What about ballotelli in there instead , I would give that a shot from now until the season ends to see what happens.

Yes, I wonder if a run of starts wouldn't do Balo a lot of good. Would get him into the team spirit, work ethic, get used to how the other players link up. I don't doubt he'd get and make chances. What have we got to lose?

I won't get into another round of Mario bashing but I guess, from a strategic POV. I would want someone staying closer to the box and I'd worry no one will with a Sterling/Mario/Sturridge combo.

Its only spitballing anyway but Sturridge definitely needs a foil from somewhere.

Produce immediate results or get out, yet again. Did you want Sterling playing every week at 15? What about Rossiter at 8?

Lol.

You just read what you want to read it seems.

Fantastic hyperbole nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yes, I wonder if a run of starts wouldn't do Balo a lot of good. Would get him into the team spirit, work ethic, get used to how the other players link up. I don't doubt he'd get and make chances. What have we got to lose?

I think I'm more of the opinion balo would do better with the ball on the deck and that's why I would have him over lambert. If you could just get something out of balo it would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anybody have an idea of what the face value for a FA Cup final ticket will be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

With Ibe back soon I would like to see a team like
    Mignolet
    Manquillo
    Skrtel
    Sakho---Moreno
    Can

Henderson
    Coutinho----
    Ibe

Sturridge
    Sterling----

Lovren in for Sakho if he is out for a few weeks. Would have great pace in that team to press too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Lol.

You just read what you want to read it seems.

Fantastic hyperbole nonetheless.

You are saying a young defender isn't good enough for the team despite the fact you haven't seen him play for Liverpool.

You are saying a young defender isn't good enough for the team despite the fact you haven't seen him play for Liverpool.

I am saying we paid 7m for him two years ago and have no idea if he will ever feature in the club's plans.

Do you see the subtle difference?

I am saying we paid 7m for him two years ago and have no idea if he will ever feature in the club's plans.

Do you see the subtle difference?

We paid a substantial fee for a 15yr old Raheem Sterling a few years ago, we had no idea if he would feature in the first team. How about giving the lad a chance to mature and actually play for the team before writing him off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anybody have an idea of what the face value for a FA Cup final ticket will be ?

These are semi final prices

Within the allocation of tickets received, approximately 12 per cent of the tickets are priced at £63, 41 per cent are priced at £53, 31 per cent are priced at £43 and 16 per cent are priced at £33.

Can't see them being much more than that

We paid a substantial fee for a 15yr old Raheem Sterling a few years ago, we had no idea if he would feature in the first team. How about giving the lad a chance to mature and actually play for the team before writing him off?

You just did it again.

Are you doing it on purpose now?

You just did it again.

Are you doing it on purpose now?

Doing what exactly?

Liverpool paid 7m for a young defender who wasn't ready for our first team but by all accounts looks to be a more than capable defender now. Who cares how much he cost if he turns out to be half the player that people expected when he signed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I think I'm more of the opinion balo would do better with the ball on the deck and that's why I would have him over lambert. If you could just get something out of balo it would be great.

Balo would do better back in Italy if ya ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

:D is there usually this much arguing in here??

Doing what exactly?

Liverpool paid 7m for a young defender who wasn't ready for our first team but by all accounts looks to be a more than capable defender now. Who cares how much he cost if he turns out to be half the player that people expected when he signed?

If, exactly.

What you were doing was deliberately implying I was judging him as a bad signing when what I was doing is pointing out we have no idea, two years on, if he will ever come good for the club.

Bottom line is, if he is sold in the summer at a loss, he will have been a signing that didn't come good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Liverpool have to change the formation to help Sturridge, last night with both the most likely assist providers starting from the flanks he was too isolated too often, the diamond with Sterling alongside him makes by far and away the most of what little Liverpool have in front of goal. Its annoying that Rodgers can't see it

Sturridge looks injured to me, I can see why he started but we should have subbed him once we scored the goal.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr.H wrote: »

This is a calm day.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

T-K-O wrote: »
    Sturridge looks injured to me, I can see why he started but we should have subbed him once we scored the goal.
    Rodgers said that he felt some tightness and that is why he was taken off for Lambert, so you could be right.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    This is a calm day.

lol cool. I thought it would be happier in here after our win last night.

Not a great performance but a win is a win. Especially after a bad patchy we just needed to grind something out to get a bit of confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I thought you were lurking? You bastard

More paper talk but apparently Arsenal are looking to offer Wilshere 150k a week

Got me to thinking. Is Sterling worth as much to us (as an actual player. Not financially) than Wilshere is to Arsenal? Maybe its a sign that we should offer Sterling 150k regardless of his age

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I thought you were lurking? You bastard

All about timing :D

More paper talk but apparently Arsenal are looking to offer Wilshere 150k a week

Got me to thinking. Is Sterling worth as much to us (as an actual player. Not financially) than Wilshere is to Arsenal? Maybe its a sign that we should offer Sterling 150k regardless of his age

Well I don't really know if Wilshire is actually worth 150k a week to Arsenal truth be told - they have such an array of ball-playing midfilders right now. If I were Wenger I'd probably muse with the idea of selling him to City and buying a better class of DM.

Equally with Liverpool if I was told you could either keep Sterling on 150k+ a week or have a Grade A- striker of your choice (ie below the superstar bracket) I'd have the striker every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Any update on the Sahko injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Well I don't really know if Wilshire is actually worth 150k a week to Arsenal truth be told - they have such an array of ball-playing midfilders right now. If I were Wenger I'd probably muse with the idea of selling him to City and buying a better class of DM.

Equally with Liverpool if I was told you could either keep Sterling on 150k+ a week or have a Grade A- striker of your choice (ie below the superstar bracket) I'd have the striker every time.

Or you could do what a really top club with aspirations would do and have both Sterling and add that grade A striker on top. Its always one or the other with Liverpool.

Top sides just go out and spend on quality in areas that they are weak, Liverpool do this but under FSG we usually have one eye on who to sell in order to fund it.

I suspect Sterling simply wants to move back to London in the near future and getting to move home, play in the champions league (Chelsea or Arsenal) and get paid more money is simply too good to refuse and good luck to him.

Top players want to play in the big competitions and unless we strike it lucky then he won't be doing that with Liverpool who seemingly want to achieve this target on the cheap.

Well if Sterling is determined to push his luck and hope to be sold then he'd going about it the right way. No club should try to hang on to a player who really wants out if the price is right.

Wait till the net spend debates return, blood-on-the-keyboards stuff right there;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Connavar wrote: »
    Rodgers said that he felt some tightness and that is why he was taken off for Lambert, so you could be right.

He almost looked too scared to run fast and his touch was horrible. Hopefully he recovers for the semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Wait till the net spend debates return, blood-on-the-keyboards stuff right there;)

Or the summer transfer market opens.
    with the twitter ITK's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm in like with football again after last night. Win the FA Cup and I might consider allowing football to leave a toothbrush in my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'm in like with football again after last night. Win the FA Cup and I might consider allowing football to leave a toothbrush in my house.

No kissing on the mouth though :mad:

Ste- wrote: »
    Or the summer transfer market opens.
    with the twitter ITK's.
    :(

Can we just cancel summer and go straight to August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

brevity wrote: »
    No kissing on the mouth though :mad:

Disgusting

• Advertisement

Sakho out for the FA cup semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sakho out for the FA cup semi final

Not surprised considering how quickly he felt it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

:(

Can we just cancel summer and go straight to August?

No way, I'm on holiday for 3 weeks in July. We can skip until July though once we are finished in the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I forget who it was exactly but it was posted that Liverpool could do well in the new world to emulate Arsenal ,consistent top 4 while building a new stadium.

Well if the BBC is to be believed and City are in to sign Hendo ,Sterling and Coutinho in the summer that would be one step in that direction of becoming the new Arsenal .

We also have only beaten one of the top side this year too which is very Arsenal like , I wonder if we can snatch 4th last minute like they do every year too.

5starpool wrote: »
    No way, I'm on holiday for 3 weeks in July. We can skip until July though once we are finished in the cup.
    Not a hope.

My young lad has a soccer tournament in Barca at the end of June so we can cancel may and the first 3 weeks of June, unless a cup final beckons again(terms and conditions apply, may affect your no-claims bonus, see website for t&cs)?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I forget who it was exactly but it was posted that Liverpool could do well in the new world to emulate Arsenal ,consistent top 4 while building a new stadium.

Well if the BBC is to be believed and City are in to sign Hendo ,Sterling and Coutinho in the summer that would be one step in that direction of becoming the new Arsenal .

We also have only beaten one of the top side this year too which is very Arsenal like , I wonder if we can snatch 4th last minute like they do every year too.

Sounds more like you're aspiring to be the old Arsenal than the new one tbh, the new Arsenal is doing just fine at the moment thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds more like you're aspiring to be the old Arsenal than the new one tbh, the new Arsenal is doing just fine at the moment thank you very much.

true, but to emulate new Arsenal you have to go through the trials and tribulations of old Arsenal first

Just be yourself lads. I mean ourself/ourselves..

Lets all be house elves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

in fairness,the pitch was very bad,bobbling about the place,if he scored that chip nobody would mention his off touches, also...worst camera work ive ever seen for a match,could barley make out the ball when it was on the far touchline at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Be careful, if football was a woman it would be a nymphomaniac,pyschopathic, stalker ex-girlfriend who you're slightly afraid of but don't want to let go of either.....the lows are very low but the good times are almost worth it :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement