Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

New Kit is being revealed tomorrow,

I hope its the nice one we've seen floating about.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    New Kit is being revealed tomorrow,

I hope its the nice one we've seen floating about.

It won't be. It'll look better than most of the shots released but it'll be the one widely reported that most people have said 'yuck' to.

No inside information obviously, but that's how these things usually turn out. I presume it's only the home kit being revealed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I forget who it was exactly but it was posted that Liverpool could do well in the new world to emulate Arsenal ,consistent top 4 while building a new stadium.

Well if the BBC is to be believed and City are in to sign Hendo ,Sterling and Coutinho in the summer that would be one step in that direction of becoming the new Arsenal .

We also have only beaten one of the top side this year too which is very Arsenal like , I wonder if we can snatch 4th last minute like they do every year too.

That's the BBC reporting the paper gossip and the story comes from The Star so nothing to worry about.

Out of those three I reckon that Sterling is the only one who will go in the summer but I would expect him to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

murpho999 wrote: »

Out of those three I reckon that Sterling is the only one who will go in the summer but I would expect him to stay.

Hmmmmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Don't think Sterling will be going anywhere this summer but Henderson might. City will be looking to replace Milner. I could see it happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

jonny666 wrote: »
    Don't think Sterling will be going anywhere this summer but Henderson might. City will be looking to replace Milner. I could see it happening

Don't see it happening that Hendo leaves, he likes the club, 2nd child, settled and looking to be named captain, captains wages on a new contract and he'll pen a 4 year deal I imagine...

Watch now I'll get it horrendously wrong :(

Hmmmmm.....

Liverpool are under no obligation to sell, also I don't think he really wants to go just got badly advised about the interview.

If anything he should look for new advisors/handlers.

On the FA Cup this season, isn't it the case now that the runner up doesn't get the spot if the winner has already qualified for Europe (so if Arsenal won it and we lost the final but finished 8th - I know we can't collapse that badly - surely, just illustrating the point)?

I think I read somewhere that it's changed this season as opposed to previous years and goes back to the league, meaning that 7th would get a EL if Arsenal win the cup and finish top 4, or we win it and finish 4th-6th. I presume the FA cup winners spot is still the best EL one though i.e. the one that goes straight through to the group stages rather than having to go through poxy qualifiers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have to factor homegrown restrictions into the value of Henderson and sterling, both to Liverpool and to the likes of city. Although sterling is worth more to us as he was at the club during that period from 15-20, or whatever it is.

5starpool wrote: »
    On the FA Cup this season, isn't it the case now that the runner up doesn't get the spot if the winner has already qualified for Europe (so if Arsenal won it and we lost the final but finished 8th - I know we can't collapse that badly - surely, just illustrating the point)?

I think I read somewhere that it's changed this season as opposed to previous years and goes back to the league, meaning that 7th would get a EL if Arsenal win the cup and finish top 4, or we win it and finish 4th-6th. I presume the FA cup winners spot is still the best EL one though i.e. the one that goes straight through to the group stages rather than having to go through poxy qualifiers?

You lost me between the first and last sentence! :p

Its explained at great length here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_UEFA_Europa_League

• Advertisement

You lost me between the first and last sentence! :p

Last season (and previous) the cup runners up got the european spot if the winners had already qualified for the CL.

This season the cup runners up do not.

I believe the above to be true. Is that the case?

(simple enough for you Harry?) :pac:

Edit: sneaky edit by you with the link.

Best stand for semi final for atmosphere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »

League and FA cup spot now go into groups LC spot has 2 rounds of qualification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

in fairness,the pitch was very bad,bobbling about the place,if he scored that chip nobody would mention his off touches, also...worst camera work ive ever seen for a match,could barley make out the ball when it was on the far touchline at times

Not so sure about that, his performance was as poor as I have seen from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

D'Agger wrote: »
    Don't see it happening that Hendo leaves, he likes the club, 2nd child, settled and looking to be named captain, captains wages on a new contract and he'll pen a 4 year deal I imagine...

Watch now I'll get it horrendously wrong :(

cant see him leaving the captaincy at lfc to squad player in the teams linked myself

T-K-O wrote: »
    Not so sure about that, his performance was as poor as I have seen from him.

he has a few of those games,glosses over it by scoring .. he does not look right though..afraid to push himself it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

brevity wrote: »
    No kissing on the mouth though :mad:

Cooties!
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Be careful, if football was a woman it would be a nymphomaniac,pyschopathic, stalker ex-girlfriend who you're slightly afraid of but don't want to let go of either.....the lows are very low but the good times are almost worth it :cool:

The best kind

say no more, say no more, know whatahmean, nudge nudge Follow me. Follow me. That's good, that's good! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

New shirt for those of you that like to get hot and bothered about these things...personally I couldn't care less what they look like as long as we're winning games. It does look a bit like a table cloth tho...

CCLZl3VW4AI6ZSY.jpg

CCLZl3TXIAE7DGD.jpg

CCLZl3VW4AEimY_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I don't buy or wear jerseys these days but **** me that's an ugly looking thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I don't buy or wear jerseys these days but **** me that's an ugly looking thing!

Didn't Man Utd have something pretty similar a few years ago? Am I imagining that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hideous

Ya that's the one that I was expecting, the one that looks like the horrible utd kit of a few years ago. I won't be buying it either way, but I hope it looks better up close anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Atleast the away and third kits haven't been designed by some hipster this time round...

344637.jpg

Ill wait to see what the home kit looks like at the actual reveal, those photos rarely do em any justice, the small gold piping doesn't look good imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The New Balance logo is just terrible.

Konami must be behind this somehow.

It looks cheap and shiny, tbh. Garish. Don't like it.

Truly awful looking jerseys but it pays the bills.

Perhaps the logo stands for No Brendan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I don't think its that bad, Will reserve judgment until I see it in the shops, I think it could be one of those that gets better the more ya see it.

Edit: just noticed the gold trim dis a bit dodgy alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

New shirt for those of you that like to get hot and bothered about these things...personally I couldn't care less what they look like as long as we're winning games. It does look a bit like a table cloth tho...

CCLZl3VW4AI6ZSY.jpg

CCLZl3TXIAE7DGD.jpg

CCLZl3VW4AEimY_.jpg

thats muck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Knex. wrote: »

Pes this year > this years Fifa imo..... game play deffo and possibly the music too..

• Advertisement

Dirky to resign with Feyenoord this summer.

Walcott/Sterling swap in two of the trash papers tonight - Express and the Star

This from google translate
    Liverpool emissaries attended the Lyon win against Guingamp (3-1) on Saturday to oversee the international French striker Alexandre Lacazette.

Saturday at the victory of the OL against Guingamp (3-1), Alexandre Lacazette scored his 27th goal of the season, the 24th in 27 league matches 1. A match attended by envoys from some of the Europe's top clubs, including Liverpool, which the Daily Mail , closely
    following the performance of the French international, who scored his first goal for the Blues during the friendly match against Denmark on 29 March.

EXCLUSIVE - Mercato - PSG: Paris ready to put € 30 million on Lacazette?

ARSENAL, TOTTENHAM, PSG NEWCASTLE AND ON ROWS

But competition will be tough for the Reds Brendan Rodgers with Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle, PSG and AC Milan regularly cited among the clubs interested in striker OL. Worse, Lacazette recently spoke of his desire to play in the Champions League next season and Liverpool's only fifth in the Premier League to seven points of Manchester City in fourth.

"I WANT TO PLAY THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE"

"Right now, I'm Lyonnais and contract. If the club needs to transfer me, I will leave. It's just reality, if we want to push me out, I'll have to get out. We must qualify for the Champions League and then we'll see for sure that next season I want to play the Champions League, "he confided to micro OL TV in March.

mada999 wrote: »
    Pes this year > this years Fifa imo..... game play deffo and possibly the music too..

Played it at a mates and enjoyed it actually. I wouldn't bet against that assertion at all, that's for sure.

Dirky to resign with Feyenoord this summer.

They're all going back. Agger, Torres, Maxi, Kuyt.

Alonso to team up with Moyes soon? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New pitch to be laid during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Jordan Ibe posted on Instagram he is back in training tomorrow. Great news.

Jordon to you Sir!

• Advertisement

New pitch to be laid during the summer.

Lucky pitch, I'm hoping so myself!

Not a Rooney reference then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

the time to buy Lacazette was last summer - now the whole world is after him. You'd have to wonder what our scouts/transfer committee are up to at all - always late to the party unless it's some overpriced premier league player in which case they're there with bells on and blank cheque in hand.

Of the last 25 major signings about 3 could be classed successful - sturridge, coutinho and can, absolutely horrible hit rate yet we proceed with the same peope making the same bad decisions signing the same wrong players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Walcott and £20m for Sterling in the Star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »

mada999 wrote: »

Showing my age but Pes is not the game that came into my head when konami was mentioned and I didnt get the reference.

I thought of Castlevania, Contra and Turtles in Time. All great game so didnt know what knex was on about.

Horrible teatowel of a jersey, not that it really mattered. I liked the mad designs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

That new shirt is absolute pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That new shirt is absolute pony.

Don't worry this one,is the official release.

https://twitter.com/lfc_oliver/status/586276402950995968

That new shirt is rotten.

The one right above is pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

A quiz about Liverpool strips in the PL era,I got a fairly average 8/12.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/04/quiz-liverpool-home-kits-in-the-premier-league-era/

You would think at this stage the Jersey designs could be decided on by the fans via online polls..throw up a final selection of 5 maybe..winner gets made and the others special order or something..banana's not asking the people u expect to buy it

Adidas have the only decent Liverpool jerseys. Warrior and New Balance are hideous.

As long as they pay the cash that's the main thing that matters I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Yeah, swap deals happen all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Adidas have the only decent Liverpool jerseys. Warrior and New Balance are hideous.

As long as they pay the cash that's the main thing that matters I imagine.

Potential problem is that if they keep releasing jerseys that are horrible, less people are likely to buy them meaning when the renewals / tendering come around the commercial heads sales are down so it reduces bargaining power.

Jerseys are a non issue for me personally, I haven't bought one in at least 12 or 13 years and will never buy one again but the way football is at the moment in terms of off field activities, aesthetics are massively important.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Potential problem is that if they keep releasing jerseys that are horrible, less people are likely to buy them meaning when the renewals / tendering come around the commercial heads sales are down so it reduces bargaining power.

Jerseys are a non issue for me personally, I haven't bought one in at least 12 or 13 years and will never buy one again but the way football is at the moment in terms of off field activities, aesthetics are massively important.

I've bought one for myself since the special European one was released in 2005. People like me and you don't matter though, it's the kids and the Asian markets that are important for shirt sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I hate collars on jerseys, and whats with the gold around the neck and sleaves, and dont get me started on the checkered look, i wont be buying it thats for sure

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement