Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Check out the ribbed sleeves on the keeper kit(visible on migs close up pic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jersey looks a lot better than those ones posted with collars, that are nowclearly fakes or trial ones.

Anyhow what's more important is who's wearing then and how they are performing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dunno, I quite like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

"It'll be nice on"

Incompetence by the club letting Sturridge sit on a stool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

brevity wrote: »
    "It'll be nice on"
    "It's very slimming..."

Just looking at that photo makes me think.

The club needs a star player.

Years gone by ;

Suarez
    Torres
    Gerrard

Now it's a at player who is unfortunately ausicknote. No disrespect to Sturridge but he'll never be up there as a great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Just looking at that photo makes me think.

The club needs a star player.

Years gone by ;

Suarez
    Torres
    Gerrard

Now it's a at player who is unfortunately ausicknote. No disrespect to Sturridge but he'll never be up there as a great.

We need a big signing in the summer.

We didn't get a single one in the summer gone even witht he Suarez cash and CL football (big price tags maybe).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We need a big name behind the scenes either as a DoF or Scout who can open doors around Europe with just there name.

This isn't Brendan Rodgers fault but he really isn't a big enough name to attract "Star" players to the club and right now there is no one who is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A **** shirt for the worst fans. Its all we deserve lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

What?

Im great. You take that back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

the kelt wrote: »
    Maybe im crazy but i still think we can catch up and make the top 4.

Last week i was thinking no chance, after watching us against Blackburn i was thinking the same to be honest between suspensions and injuries.

We should beat Newcastle (he says hopefully) so with City and Utd playing each other we should close the gap to some degree on one or both of them.

After City Utd then go away to Chelsea and Everton, prior to the game at Anfield Utd are only ok away from home. There is a chance they may take only 3 points from their next 3 games, if we can string a few wins together then we are right back up there. Of course it could end up with Everton bending over and taking a spanking from UTD in a bid from Everton to not help out their neighbours. After that they have away games at Hull and Palace along with Arsenal at home.

City on the other hand are something of an enigma. They seem to be dropping like a stone, lose on Sunday and we win on Monday and we go 4 points behind. They have an easier run in but its hard to know what way they will go.

The killing thing is we have zero margin for error now with a number of tricky away games coming up but away from home we are actually a top 4 team, points dropped at home have us 7th in the table.

Its funy to look at the City v Utd game and think which is the best result for us, a draw maybe would be good.

I admire your optimism, could do with more of it on the thread imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sterling heckled at unveiling - someone didn't like the shirt.

two championship games with Liverpool interest tonight

Brighton & Hov… 19 : 45 AFC Bournemouth
    Fulham 20 : 00 Wigan Athletic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We need a big name behind the scenes either as a DoF or Scout who can open doors around Europe with just there name.

This isn't Brendan Rodgers fault but he really isn't a big enough name to attract "Star" players to the club and right now there is no one who is.

There won't be too many kids getting scout or dof printed on their new Jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Koeman would be a good fit IMO and would bring a "brand name" to the job.

Of course I don't see Rodgers getting the boot though so it's moot.

Dortmund are still 15 points from a CL place..if Liverpools season kinda limped to 7th and no Cup I wonder if a certain Jurgen Klopp would be tempted to manage another fallen giant ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Dortmund are still 15 points from a CL place..if Liverpools season kinda limped to 7th and no Cup I wonder if a certain Jurgen Klopp would be tempted to manage another fallen giant ;)

Would do nothing better than Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

What?

Im great. You take that back

And you're modest as well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Do you have any reason at all to believe it would make the slightest bit of difference?

You can have the loveliest waiter in the world but if they hand you a turd sandwich you're not going to eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gbear wrote: »
    Do you have any reason at all to believe it would make the slightest bit of difference?

You can have the loveliest waiter in the world but if they hand you a turd sandwich you're not going to eat it.

Not a DoF or Scout, really, but I do think the likes of Mourinho would attract more players to Liverpool than Rodgers would, if, hypothetically, he was here.

Its a moot point regardless though, as he would never join a club in Liverpool's position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

the kelt wrote: »
    Maybe im crazy but i still think we can catch up and make the top 4.

Last week i was thinking no chance, after watching us against Blackburn i was thinking the same to be honest between suspensions and injuries.

We should beat Newcastle (he says hopefully) so with City and Utd playing each other we should close the gap to some degree on one or both of them.

After City Utd then go away to Chelsea and Everton, prior to the game at Anfield Utd are only ok away from home. There is a chance they may take only 3 points from their next 3 games, if we can string a few wins together then we are right back up there. Of course it could end up with Everton bending over and taking a spanking from UTD in a bid from Everton to not help out their neighbours. After that they have away games at Hull and Palace along with Arsenal at home.

City on the other hand are something of an enigma. They seem to be dropping like a stone, lose on Sunday and we win on Monday and we go 4 points behind. They have an easier run in but its hard to know what way they will go.

The killing thing is we have zero margin for error now with a number of tricky away games coming up but away from home we are actually a top 4 team, points dropped at home have us 7th in the table.

Its funy to look at the City v Utd game and think which is the best result for us, a draw maybe would be good.

There just aint enough goals in us,
    To give the loyal fans a bonus,
    Of a CL place..

We'll just have to take solace
    At the end of this painful race,
    In the flourishes of youth and perhaps signings
    Of steel and guile, fire and pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

garra wrote: »
    There just aint enough goals in us,
    To give the loyal fans a bonus,
    Of a CL place..

We'll just have to take solace
    At the end of this painful race,
    In the flourishes of youth and perhaps signings
    Of steel and guile, fire and pace.

BornMorrisseyWilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

(klopp) Would do nothing better than Rodgers.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

I suspect that Brendan's ego wouldn't entertain the idea - He put the kabosh on LVG becoming the Director of Football when he joined the club.

My personal opinion is that Rodgers doesn't want anybody on the staff that could potentially undermine him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

WealthyB wrote: »
    Lol

What's so funny?

• Advertisement

What's so funny?

Nothing actually, and I retract what I said.

The idea that Klopp would do nothing better than Rodgers is *beyond* laughable in fact.

Talisman wrote: »
    I suspect that Brendan's ego wouldn't entertain the idea - He put the kabosh on LVG becoming the Director of Football when he joined the club.

My personal opinion is that Rodgers doesn't want anybody on the staff that could potentially undermine him.

I have no problem with Brendan having an ego like every manager should.

For me thought the club comes before the managers ego.

Brendan doesn't have the playing career or managerial record to attract top players to the club imo in fact top players have leaving the club over the last 5 seasons.

Right now we are a top 6-8 team for all but 1 of the last 5 seasons this season could be the same we don't pay wages for top players Liverpool seems to be a City top players don't want to live in.

I am not saying a Klopp or de Boer would change any of the above but they do have name value the Brendan Rodgers doesn't have right now and I do think a name value is needed to help attract top players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Rodgers has done nothing to warrant the ego or smugness that he currently has (or displays) and that's what bugs me the most. I know i've said it before and, while I don't think he should be sacked or anything like that, he is desperately annoying.

brevity wrote: »
    Rodgers has done nothing to warrant the ego or smugness that he currently has (or displays) and that's what bugs me the most. I know i've said it before and, while I don't think he should be sacked or anything like that, he is desperately annoying.

I couldn't care less if he's annoying once he's getting results.

In fact I welcome really annoying managers, ones that rivals despise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I have no problem with rodgers other than he needs to shut his fcuking cake-hole!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Would do nothing better than Rodgers.

Nice soundbyte, if only he wasn't an actual league winner and CL finalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Nothing actually, and I retract what I said.

The idea that Klopp would do nothing better than Rodgers is *beyond* laughable in fact.

Yes, because he done wonders this season in a league where bayern and dortmund have far better teams than the rest. What makes you think Klopp would come into the premier league and be better than Rodgers?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Bus from stansted to Wembley.

**Feel free to tag or share this if you know anybody who may be intrested**

For the semi final, the Cork flight landing about 8 am, I intend to have the van, mini bus, coach leaving about 930 to cater for the Dublin & Shannon flights and leaving Wembley sometime around 1815 to connect with the the 2030 flights back to Eire.
    Can you please put your names down if interested please.
    Merci
    x

For more info see
    http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25229

Steven Gerrard getting name check from Kim Katrall on The Graham Norton Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I have no problem with Brendan having an ego like every manager should.

For me thought the club comes before the managers ego.

Brendan doesn't have the playing career or managerial record to attract top players to the club imo in fact top players have leaving the club over the last 5 seasons.

Right now we are a top 6-8 team for all but 1 of the last 5 seasons this season could be the same we don't pay wages for top players Liverpool seems to be a City top players don't want to live in.

I am not saying a Klopp or de Boer would change any of the above but they do have name value the Brendan Rodgers doesn't have right now and I do think a name value is needed to help attract top players.

Either have Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson, none of them were anyway decent but they still attract top players because of money and the managers constantly securing Champions League football for their team.
    If we want big name players we need Champions League consistently, perform in it and more importantly PAY up the cash.
    In 2010 Manchester City finished 5th behind spurs. That summer Mancini went out and spent £118 Million on Y.Toure, Boateng, Silva, Kolarov, Balotelli and Milner. They had no Champions League football, but stumped up the wages to pay the players. They finished 3rd and won the FA cup that season. In the summer of 2011, before there first season of champions league football, they bought Aguero, and Nasri, they were unproven in the champions league but had the money. If FSG wanted to support the manager and build a good team, they should of stumped up the money for Brendans Targets - Costa. Mkhitaryan. Willian. Salah. Konoplyanka. Remy. Valdes, and Sanchez. If we really wanted them, we could of got them, we just had to show them the money, and stop acting like idiots of a few million in transfer fees and fussing over a player wanting another 20/30K a week. Pay the money, sign the top players and prove that you want to win things.

Yes, because he done wonders this season in a league where bayern and dortmund have far better teams than the rest. What makes you think Klopp would come into the premier league and be better than Rodgers?

Good god. Klopp has won back to back titles for a start including a domestic double. The idea that a proven winner like Klopp might fare worse than a rookie manager who's sole triumph is a play off promotion from the championship, well it's staggering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good god. Klopp has won back to back titles for a start including a domestic double. The idea that a proven winner like Klopp might fare worse than a rookie manager who's sole triumph is a play off promotion from the championship, well it's staggering.

Ah here, to not count finishing second in the league, ahead of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea in his second season as a triumph is ridiculous.

Things aren't binary - its not win or nothing, there are degrees of success.

Might Klopp be better? Totally. Might he be worse? Absolutely.

I like Klopp a lot, but he was given time to develop with Mainz, relegating them in the process. It was his 3rd season that he gained success at Dortmund, with a host of incredible young players that came through there. Their success was a similar 'clicking' situation that we had last year with Suarez and Sturridge. In both cases it was a scenario of having the perfect combination of squad and manager at the peak of their powers. He's clearly a terrific manager, but I think he can sometimes get blown up a little bit by the fact he's in another league and less scrutinized.

Everyone is all about instant gratification, but I don't think there's an instant solution for us. I'd like to see Rodgers get at least another season regardless of how this year turns out. If we were to change managers, I'd be very happy with Klopp, but I'm not sure he's the silver bullet some people think he us.

He is definitely going soft in his footballing dotage! :pac:

ps I wish I hadn't mentioned Herr Klopp. I only did it to distract from Sterling .........doh!

He is definitely going soft in his footballing dotage! :pac:

ps I wish I hadn't mentioned Herr Klopp. I only did it to distract from Sterling .........doh!

Sterling has been very poor of late and doesn't deserve 250k a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

To be fair Rodgers has to deal with four clubs that have higher revenues and wages than Liverpool do. Klopp has to deal with one. That is a massive difference no matter how it is sliced. If Munich slip up he's in a great position to do well. If Chelsea slip up Rodgers still has to deal with City, United and Arsenal.

I actually thought that would be fairly obvious and I love Klopp.

Rodgers isn't fit to lace Klopps shoes.

One is a proven winner and the other has won nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We should pony up and give Sterling the 280k a week he is asking.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Rodgers isn't fit to lace Klopps shoes.

One is a proven winner and the other has won nothing

We probably should've stuck with Hodgson so.

I'm guessing you're not being serious, so carry on.

Latest rag reports.. sterlings agent is now looking for £290k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I still don't understand why pool fans hate Hodgson so much, he was giving no money not even 1 cent, turned over a decent profit and has a similar point ratio to Kenny and Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I still don't understand why pool fans hate Hodgson so much, he was giving no money not even 1 cent, turned over a decent profit and has a similar point ratio to Kenny and Rodgers.

His style of football is mind numbingly boring.

He won 7/20 PL Games, lost 9, scored 24 and conceded 27. During his tenure we were knocked out of the league cup to Northampton, he had us in the relegation zone at one point, and last but not least he signed Paul Konchesky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Oranage2 wrote: »

He was a fergie loving London boy, he didn't get the club for a second. He practically invited Chelsea and united to come and buy our best players. All his interviews were just facepalm.

That before you think of the worst football I ever saw us play.
    If the club had persisted with him I honestly believe we would have been relegated, he brought the level of moral so low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If he wants 290k, we may as well round to an even 300k and out the matter to rest.

Paying Sterling 300k will be the best signing we make this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I love the way everyone talks up Klopp over Rodgers and totally ignores the nightmare of a season Klopp has had

Klopp is a big fish in a very very very small puddle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

rob316 wrote: »
    He was a fergie loving London boy, he didn't get the club for a second. He practically invited Chelsea and united to come and buy our best players. All his interviews were just facepalm.

That before you think of the worst football I ever saw us play.
    If the club had persisted with him I honestly believe we would have been relegated, he brought the level of moral so low.

It's horrible not "getting" Liverpool alright. Still struggling the odd time myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement