Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rodgers on a similar level to Klopp? Good lord....

Charlie19 wrote: »
    We probably should've stuck with Hodgson so.

I'm guessing you're not being serious, so carry on.

Latest rag reports.. sterlings agent is now looking for £290k a week.

We should have stayed with Hodgson? That makes no sense.

Rodgers is a good manager and has potential. Comparing him to Klopp is embarrassing.

If he wins a league or two then that argument could be valid.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I still don't understand why pool fans hate Hodgson so much, he was giving no money not even 1 cent, turned over a decent profit and has a similar point ratio to Kenny and Rodgers.

Oh Oranage, you're a gas man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hodgson was on course for less than 50 points that season playing mind numbingly ****e football. So not a similar points ratio at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I was genuinely fearful of a relegation battle under Roy, horrendous period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RasTa wrote: »

Don't forget to go back and tell everyone that all Liverpool fans think this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

RasTa wrote: »

I laughed too.

Kloop is not going to the PL for years.

He will be taking over from Joachim Löw as German Coach . When thats finished you may see him in PL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Why is it always fans of other clubs that are amazed we don't all love cuddly Roy? Funny that.

Would ye lads be happy if he was manager of the clubs ye follow? You'll say otherwise because you're predictable but of course you wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I honestly dont think klopp could do anything with liverpool that rodgers isnt doing, as someone said earlier all dortmund have to worry about is munich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why is it always fans of other clubs that are amazed we don't all love cuddly Roy? Funny that.

Would ye lads be happy if he was manager of the clubs ye follow? You'll say otherwise because you're predictable but of course you wouldn't.

You think they would of learned after experiencing Moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Liam O wrote: »
    It's horrible not "getting" Liverpool alright. Still struggling the odd time myself.

Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

WealthyB wrote: »
    Good god. Klopp has won back to back titles for a start including a domestic double. The idea that a proven winner like Klopp might fare worse than a rookie manager who's sole triumph is a play off promotion from the championship, well it's staggering.

Not sure you're taking into account that the league is a two horse race, much like in Scotland when Rangers were about. I watch quite a bit of the German league and Dortmund have been very poor this season against crap teams. Even when they do dominate it's like they are unsure of themselves. But at least at Dortmund, the fans get right behind the team and the manager and show them the support to turn things around that I'd love to see from some Liverpool supporters.

To think that Klopp could come in and instantly make the team compete for the top 4 against much stronger teams, well, you must know something I don't. This rookie manager Rodgers took a Liverpool team that many here had wrote off from the start of last season, never mind christmas, and challenged for the title right up until the end. Even this season top 4 has been within sight and still is if a few results go our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rob316 wrote: »
    You think they would of learned after experiencing Moyes.

It's a similar situation alright, the difference being that the vast majority of United fans don't despise Moyes.
    Would I want him back as manager? Of course not but I wish him well in everything he does.

He accepted a job that he wasn't cut out for, same as Hodgson, to look on someone with absolute disgust for that is just not right.

It's a similar situation alright, the difference being that the vast majority of United fans don't despise Moyes.
    Would I want him back as manager? Of course not but I wish him well in everything he does.

He accepted a job that he wasn't cut out for, same as Hodgson, too look on someone with absolute disgust for that is just not right.

Craig Bellamy?

Similar in that both Moyes and Hodgson were out of their depth, and the big stage seemed to get to them.

But at least Moyes wasn't saying quite the idiotic suff that Hodgson was, alienating the fans, the players, etc. He blamed everyone but himself, including even Rafa, and was a pompous git about it all.

Doubt many actually despise him, but like the man? Nah. Good riddance. Don't care what he does, or where he goes, as long as its not at Liverpool again.

Regardless, you all know this as you're not dumb, but I suppose the constant "our fans our better than yours" is to be expected.

He accepted a job that he wasn't cut out for, same as Hodgson, to look on someone with absolute disgust for that is just not right.

The vast majority of Liverpool fans dont despise Hodgson either so this means your point is null and void. I think people just make stuff up sometimes.

He was just a poor poor manager and out of his depth in every aspect.

Knex. wrote: »
    Craig Bellamy?

Similar in that both Moyes and Hodgson were out of their depth, and the big stage seemed to get to them.

But at least Moyes wasn't saying quit the idiotic suff that Hodgson was, alienating the fans, the players, etc. He blamed everyone but himself, including even Rafa, and was a pompous git about it all.

Good riddance.

I think you'll find he was.

The last line you edited in is just whining, self pitying nonsense.

I think you'll find he was.

He started blaming the players, blaming Ferguson, bigging up his own CV, and absolutely going out of his way to avoid any blame for the situation, did he?

Fair enough.

He started blaming the players, blaming Ferguson, bigging up his own CV, and absolutely going out of his way to avoid any blame for the situation, did he?

Fair enough.

I didn't say he said the exact same things Hodgson said :rolleyes:
    His comments and interviews were not befitting of a manager of such a big club, trying to make out it was "plucky little United" all the time.

I didn't say he said the exact same things Hodgson said :rolleyes:
    His comments and interviews were not befitting of a manager of such a big club, trying to make out it was "plucky little United" all the time.

Thanks again or the condescending tone. You have it mastered.

As has been stated, that wasn't the main reasoning behind fans dislike to Hodgson. He went further than that, such as the stuff I mentioned.

Jesus, you say it is the same, then you say it isn't. There's literally not talking to you.

Thanks again or the condescending tone. You have it mastered.

As has been stated, that wasn't the main reasoning behind fans dislike to Hodgson. He went further than that, such as the stuff I mentioned.

Jesus, you say it is the same, then you say it isn't. There's literally not talking to you.

I said it was similar, not a carbon copy of everything Hodgson did. They both alienated the fans with their comments, they didn't say the exact same things, what's so hard to understand about that?

• Advertisement

I said it was similar, not a carbon copy of everything Hodgson did. They both alienated the fans with their comments, they didn't say the exact same things, what's so hard to understand about that?

Why do you care so much about Hodgson?

Wouldn't have anything to do with you knowing he winds up Liverpool fans,would it?

Nah,I doubt it would be that.

Why do you care so much about Hodgson?

Wouldn't have anything to do with you knowing he winds up Liverpool fans,would it?

Nah,I doubt it would be that.

Wah, wah, wah.
    Gimme a break. I read rob316's post comparing Hodgson and Moyes, I made a simple innocuous post about that comparison, someone moaned and here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

we really are the worst fans ever we even hate our bad managers more than other clubs fans do.

I'm gonna stop posting now or he'll get what he wants.

Moyes had an impossible act to follow I always said whoever took over Ferguson was going to fail.

I always actually liked Moyes I felt Roy was very hard to like though. He was afraid to upset his friends and just never fought for the club. I could almost excuse bad results and **** football in his first few months but his defeatist cowardly attitude was too much.

He was hired to steady the ship but he almost sunk it only for an SOS to Kenny he thankfully answered.

Roy is out of his depth at England just like Liverpool. But hey he will tell you he won a league title in Sweden 20,years ago to show you different.

Clown of the highest order.

It's not hard to post without name calling. You could always just argue the point I made, tell me why I'm wrong or whatever.

rob316 wrote: »
    Moyes had an impossible act to follow I always said whoever took over Ferguson was going to fail.

I always actually liked Moyes I felt Roy was very hard to like though. He was afraid to upset his friends and just never fought for the club. I could almost excuse bad results and **** football in his first few months but his defeatist cowardly attitude was too much.

He was hired to steady the ship but he almost sunk it only for an SOS to Kenny he thankfully answered.

Roy is out of his depth at England just like Liverpool. But hey he will tell you he won a league title in Sweden 20,years ago to show you different.

Clown of the highest order.

Thanks Rob. That's the kind of reply that would have sufficed in the first place. I still don't get why he's so hard to like though. When he got the job I was actually thinking, damn, I like the Liverpool manager now.

Moving swiftly on.

The semi final replay has been done away with it hasn't it?

Thanks Rob. That's the kind of reply that would have sufficed in the first place. I still don't get why he's so hard to like though. When he got the job I was actually thinking, damn, I like the Liverpool manager now.

Funny I felt the same when Moyes was appointed at united. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I still don't get why he's so hard to like though. When he got the job I was actually thinking, damn, I like the Liverpool manager now.

You know when you just can't put your finger on something but then somebody nails it?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    You know when you just can't put your finger on something but then somebody nails it?

What? He's a nice man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Either have Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson, none of them were anyway decent but they still attract top players because of money and the managers constantly securing Champions League football for their team.
    If we want big name players we need Champions League consistently, perform in it and more importantly PAY up the cash.
    In 2010 Manchester City finished 5th behind spurs. That summer Mancini went out and spent £118 Million on Y.Toure, Boateng, Silva, Kolarov, Balotelli and Milner. They had no Champions League football, but stumped up the wages to pay the players. They finished 3rd and won the FA cup that season. In the summer of 2011, before there first season of champions league football, they bought Aguero, and Nasri, they were unproven in the champions league but had the money. If FSG wanted to support the manager and build a good team, they should of stumped up the money for Brendans Targets - Costa. Mkhitaryan. Willian. Salah. Konoplyanka. Remy. Valdes, and Sanchez. If we really wanted them, we could of got them, we just had to show them the money, and stop acting like idiots of a few million in transfer fees and fussing over a player wanting another 20/30K a week. Pay the money, sign the top players and prove that you want to win things.

An earlier post highlighted how much we have spent on players in the last few years.. spending is most definitely not the issue.
    Take Sanchez for instance, he didn't join because we didn't offer him enough money - he wanted London.
    Throwing out names like that is a lazy analysis of Liverpool's situation, seems there is always someone quick to point the fingers at the owners when they don't offer "oil money" deals to players.
    If you really want to support a club with no tangible fiscal restraints, just switch allegiance to CFC or MCFC and save your bluster.

It's not hard to post without name calling. You could always just argue the point I made, tell me why I'm wrong or whatever.

Name calling?

When? You're making stuff up now.

EDIT: I dislike Hodgson for pretty much the exact same reasons Knex posted earlier.

Name calling?

When? You're making stuff up now.

I never said you were name calling.
    This gave me the impression that you wanted to...

I didn't want anything btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FFS.

Moving on if that's remotely possible - Rodgers says Ibe is ready go. Which is good news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Honestly, would it matter in any way, shape or form if we told you why you were wrong?

Again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

FFS.

Moving on if that's remotely possible - Rodgers says Ibe is ready go. Which is good news.

Fantastic news, such a shame he got injured on the cusp of making a solid claim for a regular starting place. Will add some fire and pace up the right hand side and free up Sterling too.

FFS.

That's great but I think we should discuss sterling some more :)

Honestly, would it matter in any way, shape or form if we told you why you were wrong?

Again?

Well I'd prefer that over just having a go is all I was saying there.

Ah lads, take it to PM :(

Harry, you know if semi final is a replay or not in the event of a draw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ah lads, take it to PM :(

Harry, you know if semi final is a replay or not in the event of a draw?

No Arsenal beat Wigan on pens in last season's semi.

greendom wrote: »
    No Arsenal beat Wigan on pens in last season's semi.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The point of the 3-4-3 seemed to be finding a way to play all your attacking players at once.
    We just don't have many genuine wide players. Ibe is a big help for that.

Markovic has more of a gliding sort of pace that relies on the defence being already off balance. He's not particularly explosive and doesn't seem to have a trick. He looks like a counter-attacker's dream - not a winger to get behind set defences.

Lallana mostly plays in between the lines. So does Coutinho.

Moreno isn't a good enough attacker - he can do a job because he's a whippet and he's solid enough technically.
    The thing is, we should be aiming to be on the attack for the majority of our time on the pitch and Moreno's pace means he's actually a pretty good defender in transition. You just don't want him facing up the Sanchez' and Hazards of this world. If you want to defend, use someone else.

If we're keeping the 3-4-3 for next season I'd like to see it only used in games against teams that we should be battering, with 2 workhorses in the center (Allen, Lucas, Hendo), two direct threats on the wings (Ibe, Sterling, someone new), and 2 actual goalscorers up front to play in front of Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Afternoon everyone roll on Monday vs Newcastle.

Oh **** sorry I though this was the Liverpool thread but then saw the united posters :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Afternoon everyone roll on Monday vs Newcastle.

Oh **** sorry I though this was the Liverpool thread but then saw all the united posters :(

The obsession is stronger then usual today :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On Hodgson, he is one of those nice old men that seems lovely, but when he starts going out with a close relation you realise that under the veneer he's not that nice actually but everyone else still insists that he's great, but you know the truth.

5starpool wrote: »
    On Hodgson, he is one of those nice old men that seems lovely, but when he starts going out with a close relation you realise that under the veneer he's not that nice actually but everyone else still insists that he's great, but you know the truth.

That pretty much sums it up , he seems like a bloke that you want as your manager but when you do get him as manager all you can think is yeah he is a bad manager !

The obsession is stronger then usual today :)

You've just posted in the United thread 5 minutes ago. Kind of makes a mockery of your post...

You've just posted in the United thread 5 minutes ago. Kind of makes a mockery of your post...

Yeah read my post , I put down something decent unlike you dragging up a discussion on Roy because most people should know LFC fans didn't enjoy his time as manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

why do ye bother lads,ye know the score by now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement