Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yeah read my post , I put down something decent unlike you dragging up a discussion on Roy because most people should know LFC fans didn't enjoy his time as manager.

I didn't drag up anything. I joined an ongoing discussion. We'll park it here anyway, it's only going to drag on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I still don't understand why pool fans hate Hodgson so much, he was giving no money not even 1 cent, turned over a decent profit and has a similar point ratio to Kenny and Rodgers.
    I know this BS doesn't merit a response but ... Your assertion that he didn't spend any money is untrue. And as for a similar point ratio to those that came after ... what a moronic comment to make.

To give you some insight as to why fans don't like him here are a list of some of the crimes he committed against Liverpool FC:

He released Diego Cavaleri and signed Brad Jones for £2.5M as a replacement. Since then Cavaleri became the first choice keeper for Fluminese where he has won a league title and also became a Brazilian international.

Despite Emiliano Insua being the only left back in the squad, Hodgson's first action as manager was to try to off-load the player. Paul Konchesky was signed as a replacement in a deal that valued the 29 year old at over £5M.

Christian Poulsen was signed for £4.5M from Juventus, to play in a position where he already had Javier Mascherano, Lucas Leiva, Steven Gerrard, Raul Meireles and Jay Spearing.

He criticised the fans for protesting against what the American owners were doing to the club and suggested they were conspiring against him.

He didn't stand up for the club in the media. When Ferguson accused Torres of being a cheat, Hodgson refused to comment. After a backlash from the fans and the local media he came up with something about how he knew Ferguson and thought it was obvious to anyone with some intelligence that the comment was just to deflect attention away from Nani. The implication being that the fans were stupid.

He made out that Benitez had barred Dalglish from the club when it was in fact Benitez who had brought Dalglish back into the setup.

He publicly criticised the players and questioned how they could be considered international players. The following day he said he hadn't criticised them.

In early October he gave up on the league campaign and told the fans they should accept the fact that the club was in a relegation battle.

The 2-0 defeat away to Everton after FSG bought the club was described as the best performance of the season and getting a result in the game would have been Utopia.

He wanted to sign Bobby Zamora instead of Luis Suarez.

You'll notice I didn't mention the football played, that in itself was a crime against the sport. Daniel Agger was dropped from the first team because he didn't "Just launch it!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice to see benteke remembering how to score just in time to play us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

FFS.

Moving on if that's remotely possible - Rodgers says Ibe is ready go. Which is good news.

Ah Jesus!

Madrid or Barcelona?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What time is the FA Cup final likely to kick off at this year? I can't remember what time it kicked off at last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Villa do us a favour today. Sunday week is gonna be interesting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Attracting top talent, especially when we aren't in London is goibg to be harder than keeping pur top talent.
    We should give Sterling his 325k and focus on Martin's contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

5starpool wrote: »
    What time is the FA Cup final likely to kick off at this year? I can't remember what time it kicked off at last year.

Was 5pm last year i think, moved from 3pm for better viewing figures from tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

villa picked up a few injuries today and had a man sent off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

5.15. No time confirmed for this year yet it seems.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2015/FA-Cup-Final/FA-Cup-Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

B17G wrote: »
    Villa do us a favour today. Sunday week is gonna be interesting though.

Their team are being decimated today, Clarke, Agbonlahor crocked knees and now a red card for Sanchez. They brought on Joe Cole :eek: We might have a chance lads, but let's not talk ourselves up - they have Benteke.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

B17G wrote: »
    5.15. No time confirmed for this year yet it seems.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2015/FA-Cup-Final/FA-Cup-Final

Hmm, I'm thinking of arranging stuff for that weekend (drinking based) and 5pm or so would be better rather than starting stupidly early.

Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Marca are saying Illarramendi would love a move to Liverpool.

It wasn't too long ago that Xabi Alonso was quoted as saying Liverpool were the perfect club for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why was Hodgson not popular?

Paul Konchesky

Playing terrible football.

Paul Konchesky.

Smiling with David Moyes and Alex Ferguson after defeats.

Christian Poulsen

Paul Konchesky

Walking out on pitch with Ferguson before a game.

Claiming a draw against Trabzonspor as historic

Paul Konchesky

Headlines like this should never come from a Liverpool Manager.
    AZhpufy.jpg

Finally did I mention Paul Konchesky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Illarrmendi?

https://vine.co/v/OtXUiZgH72D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was sceptical when Danny Ings was first linked to Liverpool but the more I see of him, the more he really looks like a proper player. In a team like Barnsley he stands out a mile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Was sceptical when Danny Ings was first linked to Liverpool but the more I see of him, the more he really looks like a proper player. In a team like Barnsley he stands out a mile.

Even more so with Burnley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah the old Barnsley/Burnley confusion - done it myself plenty of times.

Liverpool being "linked" with Sergi Samper 20 year old Barca B and sometime A defensive/central midfielder - the Barca forums are not buying it

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/5964-Sergi-Samper/page54

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why was Hodgson not popular?

Paul Konchesky

Playing terrible football.

Paul Konchesky.

Smiling with David Moyes and Alex Ferguson after defeats.

Christian Poulsen

Paul Konchesky

Walking out on pitch with Ferguson before a game.

Claiming a draw against Trabzonspor as historic

Paul Konchesky

Headlines like this should never come from a Liverpool Manager.
    AZhpufy.jpg

Finally did I mention Paul Konchesky?
    I can't believe you forgot to mention Paul Konchesky:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Talisman wrote: »
    I know this BS doesn't merit a response but ... Your assertion that he didn't spend any money is untrue. And as for a similar point ratio to those that came after ... what a moronic comment to make.

To give you some insight as to why fans don't like him here are a list of some of the crimes he committed against Liverpool FC:

He released Diego Cavaleri and signed Brad Jones for £2.5M as a replacement. Since then Cavaleri became the first choice keeper for Fluminese where he has won a league title and also became a Brazilian international.

Despite Emiliano Insua being the only left back in the squad, Hodgson's first action as manager was to try to off-load the player. Paul Konchesky was signed as a replacement in a deal that valued the 29 year old at over £5M.

Christian Poulsen was signed for £4.5M from Juventus, to play in a position where he already had Javier Mascherano, Lucas Leiva, Steven Gerrard, Raul Meireles and Jay Spearing.

He criticised the fans for protesting against what the American owners were doing to the club and suggested they were conspiring against him.

He didn't stand up for the club in the media. When Ferguson accused Torres of being a cheat, Hodgson refused to comment. After a backlash from the fans and the local media he came up with something about how he knew Ferguson and thought it was obvious to anyone with some intelligence that the comment was just to deflect attention away from Nani. The implication being that the fans were stupid.

He made out that Benitez had barred Dalglish from the club when it was in fact Benitez who had brought Dalglish back into the setup.

He publicly criticised the players and questioned how they could be considered international players. The following day he said he hadn't criticised them.

In early October he gave up on the league campaign and told the fans they should accept the fact that the club was in a relegation battle.

The 2-0 defeat away to Everton after FSG bought the club was described as the best performance of the season and getting a result in the game would have been Utopia.

He wanted to sign Bobby Zamora instead of Luis Suarez.

You'll notice I didn't mention the football played, that in itself was a crime against the sport. Daniel Agger was dropped from the first team because he didn't "Just launch it!".

I'd agree with every part of this bar Insua - if I recall correctly Insua was let go and the Joe Cole deal were done during the vacuum between Rafa and Hodgson, and the self-styled "Fernando Torres of Finance" Cecil Purslow started trying his hand at football management..

WealthyB wrote: »
    I'd agree with every part of this bar Insua - if I recall correctly Insua was let go and the Joe Cole deal were done during the vacuum between Rafa and Hodgson, and the self-styled "Fernando Torres of Finance" Cecil Purslow started trying his hand at football management..
    Insua went to Galatasaray on the transfer dead-line, August 31st. The same day that Konchesky was signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

New away jersey looks nice enough. Simple white and red.
    On my phone too much hassle to linky linky

New away jersey looks nice enough. Simple white and red.
    On my phone too much hassle to linky linky

This is the one I have seen doing the rounds.

DGKUtPZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

That's actually not that bad.... Nice, even

Liverpool's Jordan Henderson set to sign new contract worth £100,000 a week... Mirror.co.uk 22:44

Liverpool FC's Raheem Sterling pictured smoking shisha pipe as strong as 200...Mirror.co.uk 22:44
    Jordan Henderson is ready to commit his long-term future to Liverpool by signing a new £100,000-a-week deal.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands the deadlock over a new contract for the man set to succeed Steven Gerrard as the Kop captain has been broken in the last few days.

Midfielder Henderson, who has just over a year left on his current deal, turned down an £80,000-a-week offer as he wanted a package that reflected his growing influence at the club.

It now seems likely he will seal the four-year deal by the end of the season.

He will fit in well with the other smokers at Arsenal.

Raheem-Sterling.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He will fit in well with the other smokers at Arsenal.

Raheem-Sterling.jpg
    John Henry will finally know what there smoking over there at the Emirates.

You can take the boy out of Jamaica...

But u cant get Will I Amnt out of the LFC thread.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    But u cant get Will I Amnt out of the LFC thread.

How else would I get to talk to you lads these days, you've stopped visiting us ;)

How else would I get to talk to you lads these days, you've stopped visiting us ;)
    635515964280865297-8886480_michaelscott10.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Good thing no United players were ever caught having a fag - oh wait.

rooney_smoking_900x_234008a.jpg

BerbSmoke.jpeg

20090705_162836_kiko.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Who cares.

Good thing no United players were ever caught having a fag - oh wait.

And? I don't care if Sterling is smoking crack. I'm not having a go at him, just joking about where he's from. Sure it's only dried fruit he's smoking anyway. Lighten up ffs.

This thread is gone to the dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

rarnes1 wrote: »

Or rather up in smoke.

..... I know where the exit is, I'll see my way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Talisman wrote: »

He released Diego Cavaleri and signed Brad Jones for £2.5M as a replacement. Since then Cavaleri became the first choice keeper for Fluminese where he has won a league title and also became a Brazilian international..

Cavaleri went to Cesena first where he played 2nd fiddle to a 41 year old and then moved to Fluminese without having played a league game. Just so all the facts are out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

And? I don't care if Sterling is smoking crack. I'm not having a go at him, just joking about where he's from. Sure it's only dried fruit he's smoking anyway. Lighten up ffs.

Just to dispel a myth, those 'shishas' have a reputation as being a harmless alternative to cigarettes but the opposite is the complete truth.

Info

Footballers really shouldn't be going near them.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just to dispel a myth, those 'shishas' have a reputation as being a harmless alternative to cigarettes but the opposite is the complete truth.

Info

Footballers really shouldn't be going near them.

I smoked one with a few Indian lads on holiday before. They told me it was just dried fruit, didn't think there was tobacco in it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

rarnes1 wrote: »

Absolute scutter.

What we need is a good transfer rumour - Ashley Williams is today's so its as you were then! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

What we need is a good transfer rumour - Ashley Williams is today's so its as you were then! :pac:

Would be a grand signing at the right price, 5milliom or thereabouts. Obviously as a backup and not first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Watching villa yesterday and again I'm very impressed with benteke again he's in fantastic form.

If we could ship Mario out this summer and bring in benteke it would be great business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Anyone here get The Sunday Times? There is a brief day-in-the-life type interview with Sterling in one of the magazines.

Apart from name dropping the type of car he drives, he comes across quite well IMO and certainly not this money grabbing mercenary that seems to be doing the rounds.

Talks about his family (didn't know his father was murdered in Jamaica) and mum a quite a bit and also mentions his host family when he was first living in Liverpool.

Worth a read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Here people just a thought , Hernandez seems to be only used as a squad player at Real Madrid and Man Utd. Would anyone think signing him would be a good idea. I think it's a move that if it was to happen could be a good one for LFC. The bloke will get goals and well LFC need goals.

Nope nope nope - he is tap in merchant and as such wrong for Liverpools approach to the game which really requires a bit more - namely the ability to carry the ball into the dangerous areas rather than wait about for a ball.

Messi-tackle.gif

This is why I would like to see us go for Krychowiak since Nainngolan would be unlikely without CL football.
    Been superb for Sevilla this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Nope nope nope - he is tap in merchant and as such wrong for Liverpools approach to the game which really requires a bit more - namely the ability to carry the ball into the dangerous areas rather than wait about for a ball.
    Don't know, Harry. It's not going to happen but it could open up new options to get a similar type player who would always be in around the box ready to shoot.

And i can't count how many times i have seen a wide player get to the end line and have to pull the ball back outside the box from the lack of some predator type in the box to tap it in from a pass across goals.

If the side is built on pacey transitional football an 18 yard prowler feels counter to that.

Mignolet is bigging up Origi in a few papers, looking at the Lille side they are 4 wins from their last 5 they play Evian TG at 4 pm for anyone not interested in the Manchester derby.

Origi starts centrally for Lille in three man attack

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement