Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

You can take the boy out of Jamaica...

Do they smoke much dried fruit in Jamaica?

Surely smoking fruit would leave a bitter taste in the mouth

Who wants to smoke fruit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Maybe, I wouldn't know.

Maybe, I wouldn't know.

But "you can take the boy out of Jamaica". What did that mean if you later said that some Indian lads told you it was only dried fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

So what result are we funking for today?

The unpalatable Utd win or draw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Always love to see utd lose to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Lookin for City win, United's run in is a lot tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess best result if we think there still is a chance at 4th would be a utd win followed by a draw.

If City win there is no hope of 4th at all.

There is no hope at 4th though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

But "you can take the boy out of Jamaica". What did that mean if you later said that some Indian lads told you it was only dried fruit?

I'm not even getting into it again, it seems you want to drag it back up, don't take everything you read literally is all I'll say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lookin for City win, United's run in is a lot tougher.

I prefer to look at the form of the teams rather than who on paper is supposedly easier to beat. City have lost 5 of their last 7 in all comps, they are lacking a stomach for the fight and seem in danger of just coasting to a halt, whereas Utd have a spring in their step with two important wins over top 6 sides (at the time) back to back. City have to play a renewed Villa, Spurs away (they are also a bit rubbish but will probably raise their game for City), away to Swansea and at home to Soton on the last day - Southampton will be tough as I think they would love to be in the EL next season.

Obviously today could be a kick up the arse they need and if they win maybe they'll click into gear but I'd not bet on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A city loss and 3 points tomorrow will put us 4 behind (5 with goal difference) with just 6 to go. Its not impossible to finish ahead of them given City's form I'd be more concerned about whether we can win atleast 5 of our remaining games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can't get over UTD's fixtures. I just think they would be more likely than city to drop the requisite points.

Altho neither will actually happen. UTD's form is too good and city's malaise won't last until the end of the season.

noodler wrote: »
    Can't get over UTD's fixtures. I just think they would be more likely than city to drop the requisite points.

Altho neither will actually happen. UTD's form is too good and city's malaise won't last until the end of the season.

United wont falter, they have hit form at exactly the right time, while we collapsed at exactly the wrong time. That the crux of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Be nice if someone passed a bong around this thread tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jesus christ. It is as clear as day what he meant. This bull**** of jumping on posts from posters that aren't liked is destroying this place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Be nice if someone passed a bong around this thread tbh!

We need a bong barren of some sort !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Would have thouggt it's a no-brainer to want a city win today.

United have Chelsea away after this so if we could do the business against Newcastle we'd be looking at a 5 point gap with a game in hand after the Chelsea game.

That's certainly a scenario in which you can say game on again.

I'd be hugely shocked if we managed to overtake City whereas overtaking United, while unlikely, is not something I've quite given up all hope on

Is Kess still away in China?

Been an age since he's been on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yeah he is still on his panda breeding mission !

• Advertisement

A city win, 100%.

Chelsea to do us and themselves a favour next week and hopefully we get the job done tomorrow night, 5 points behind with a game in hand against Hull isn't a bad scenario considering the fixtures left for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yes he muttered something about blue-tits and shuffled away, never to be heard of again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hope City batter that shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jesus christ. It is as clear as day what he meant. This bull**** of jumping on posts from posters that aren't liked is destroying this place.

I get why people are thanking this, as a lot of the content in this thread over the last while has been absolute shit, and people are getting frustrated reading the same swiping, petty posts over and over again. But the post you quoted isn't the core issue, and certainly not the reason for the thread being a cesspit full of antagonised people, so jumping down his throat is just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm in marbella drinking beer watching the football if anyone cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm in marbella drinking beer watching the football if anyone cares.

What beer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'll be disappointed if we don't go for Milner in the summer.

I prefer to look at the form of the teams rather than who on paper is supposedly easier to beat. City have lost 5 of their last 7 in all comps, they are lacking a stomach for the fight and seem in danger of just coasting to a halt, whereas Utd have a spring in their step with two important wins over top 6 sides (at the time) back to back. City have to play a renewed Villa, Spurs away (they are also a bit rubbish but will probably raise their game for City), away to Swansea and at home to Soton on the last day - Southampton will be tough as I think they would love to be in the EL next season.

Obviously today could be a kick up the arse they need and if they win maybe they'll click into gear but I'd not bet on it.

brevity wrote: »
    What beer?

San Miguel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

San Miguel

Jaysus.

My condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rob316 wrote: »
    United wont falter, they have hit form at exactly the right time, while we collapsed at exactly the wrong time. That the crux of it.

United hit form when needed but its unfair to say we collapsed. Losing away to Arsenal and beaten by a goal at home to United aren't our worst results this season. We've lost 3 games in 19 so our form is still excellent.

Our start of the season killed us long ago, and left us with no real margin for error. 22 points from the first 17 games was a stretch too far for top 4. That run of games gave us hope but it was always a big ask after a terrible start.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Jaysus.

My condolences.

I'd drink petrol out here I don't give a Fuvk

Anyone watching Lille game?

Origi is too good for them, despite missing a "sitter" (the pitch is a right bobbler)

I'd drink petrol out here I don't give a Fuvk

Diesel is cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I'll be disappointed if we don't go for Milner in the summer.

I genuinely don't get the Milner love. Maybe if we had a great squad and needed someone with a Dirk type work ethic but we don't. We need first 11 players who will make the team better week in week out.

I also think if he was Spanish nobody would care about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Looking at the manchester derby and it doesn't really matter what the result is. All that matters is liverpool manage a win tomorrow night and we'll gain ground on someone.

A few suspensions would be nice though.

I genuinely don't get the Milner love. Maybe if we had a great squad and needed someone with a Dirk type work ethic but we don't. We need first 11 players who will make the team better week in week out.

Milner would make our first 11

Play him in a central midfield role and signing him is a no brainer. He would immediately be our best option in that position.

Along with a striker, I have him as top of my realistic summer shopping list.

Milner would definitely get into our first team, much better option than Joe Allen in central midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Milner would definitely get into our first team, much better option than Joe Allen in central midfield

Would love to see him in red, always thought of him as decent....

Milner would be a great free signing. Would bring a lot of winning experience with him too. A model player by all accounts too.

• Advertisement

Milner-Milner-Milner-Milner
    Milner-Milner

Milner-Milner

Who's in goals?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Who's in goals?

Minger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That's our already minute chance of fourth gone imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why? Isn't a Utd result better for us and we can chase City?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

City are rubbish atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Win tomorrow and all of a sudden 4 points off 4th. After some dreadful results the fact we even had that shot would be great.

Tiny odds we would pip city but still saying any chance of fourth gone after today is not the case

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why? Isn't a Utd result better for us and we can chase City?

United have the tougher fixtures on the run in but City have been playing very poorly. Not much of a chance but I wouldn't count it out just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:confused: City are in a state of collapse. More chance of catching them than Man U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

O IT'S ON .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement