Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I really hope Chelsea have the title wrapped up by the time we play them.

That will make no difference to how they approach the game. They had nothing to play for at anfield last season and they still beat us.

rob316 wrote: »
    That will make no difference to how they approach the game. They had nothing to play for at anfield last season and they still beat us.

:confused:

They were 2 points behind us in 2nd when they beat us

rarnes1 wrote: »

Apologies yes I keep making that mistake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

rob316 wrote: »

Mathematically they could still have won the league when they came to Anfield last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shhh don't let facts get in the way of good story telling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

In that Times interview with Sterling he say he wants his own song from the Kop.

"Of course, when the crowd is with you, there is nothing better,"

"My ambition is to have my own song from the Kop," he confessed.
    "Last season I loved the song for Luis Suarez - Steven Gerrard and Philippe Coutinho have good ones too."

"Money for nothing, kids for free"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

noodler wrote: »
    I think I read their best case is that they'd win it Vs us at the Bridge sadly.

They can't wrap it before that.

If Chelsea win their next 3 then they are champions, they don't play us until 2 games after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I'm sure he'll have plenty of songs on the kop next season when he runs off to the highest offer in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

If Chelsea win their next 3 then they are champions, they don't play us until 2 games after that.

Mourinho wont give a monkeys, He will want to spank Liverpool even if he has already won the league. It about how many Points they can finish with.

• Advertisement

You wouldn't be surprised if city or indeed Liverpool dropped a fair lash of points from now to the end, Hull, Burnley & crystal palace have taken points from city recently. To be fair we've lost to utd & arsenal and drawn with Everton in that spell. We've beaten city too, they might well continue in this form but you would expect an improvement.

They are 14 points from the last 30, extrapulate to seasons end and that leaves them on 70 points :)

We are 21 points from the last 10 games, extrapulated to the end of season would leave us on 69 points.

Did I ever mention Sturridge factor :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Augeo wrote: »

Is that a new talent show?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »

If what he's shown in the last couple of months is the Sturridge factor then we can do without it really.

Is that a new talent show?

See who can pick up the most injuries in 60 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Finishing 5th would be a disaster. Europa League is a complete f*ck up

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Shanee. wrote: »

Well after our poor champs league effort, Rodgers could do with learning how to handle two games a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Winning that gives you a trophy that will stand on the club's Roll of Honour forever as well as a CL spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

very unlikely we will catch city win tomorrow puts a small bit of pressure on but they have west ham and villa at home next 2 so should be 2 wins for them. They do look vulnerable for top 4 next year though with an ageing squad and FFP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Well after our poor champs league effort, Rodgers could do with learning how to handle two games a week.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Winning that gives you a trophy that will stand on the club's Roll of Honour forever as well as a CL spot.

Game Thursday probably in eastern europe somewhere. Game again Saturday/Sunday. Wouldnt be ideal IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If the EL is the booby prize I wouldn't expect it to be taken seriously as in obvious first 11 - lots of squad players and some of the top rated kids will be named in the list and will probably play most of the group stage minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Booby

• Advertisement

Rodgers needs all the European experience he can get tbh

Booby

enhanced-buzz-4020-1347304203-8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Like Lloyd said, if we cannot hack the games in the Europa League, then we are won't be able to hack the games in the Champions League. After the embarrassing display in Europe this season, we need the practice tbh.

I'd say FSG will be expecting the Premier League to be the only important target next season and with City possibly in a state of transition next season its vital to get back in the top 4.

Rodgers needs all the European experience he can get tbh

In an age where so many EPL players are foreign and the EPL is reasonably strong, do we mean European experience in terms of the teams we play or more the travelling/scheduling?

I guess I am saying we already play strong teams in the EPL. The extra scheduling difficulties seems like something we could do without given the general recognition that we are hindered vis-a-vis our top four rivals due to location and finances as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I'd say FSG will be expecting the Premier League to be the only important target next season and with City possibly in a state of transition next season its vital to get back in the top 4.

Transition me arse, City can have no excuses.

brevity wrote: »
    Like Lloyd said, if we cannot hack the games in the Europa League, then we are won't be able to hack the games in the Champions League. After the embarrassing display in Europe this season, we need the practice tbh.

I don't subscribe to that. Consistent UCL qualification leads to increased finances and better players. Arsenal have signed players like ozil and Sanchez genuine top class. We need to be arsenal for a few years to really become a top club again and unfortunately that means struggling in the cl.

Sakho out for up to a month :(

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blow-liverpool-fc-scan-shows-9028370?
    sidelined for three to four weeks with a hamstring injury.

The French centre-back limped out of last Wednesday’s FA Cup quarter-final replay win over Blackburn and scan results have now revealed the full extent of the damage.

It means Sakho will miss Monday night’s home clash with Newcastle, the FA Cup semi-final with Aston Villa at Wembley and the following league games against West Brom, Hull and QPR. Liverpool hope he will be back available for the trip to Chelsea on May 10.

Ibe to sign contract :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3036056/Jordon-Ibe-verge-signing-new-Liverpool-contract-return-injury-against-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
    Jordon Ibe is on the verge of signing a new long-term contract as Brendan Rodgers prepares to re-launch the exciting teenager’s season.

Liverpool offered Ibe fresh terms in February after he had a deep impression in a sequence of games, particularly against Everton and Tottenham, that coincided with an improvement in the club’s fortunes.

A deal has now been agreed and it is simply a case of the highly-regarded Ibe, who has been absent since damaging knee ligaments against Besiktas on February 26, putting pen to paper.

In an age where so many EPL players are foreign and the EPL is reasonably strong, do we mean European experience in terms of the teams we play or more the travelling/scheduling?

I guess I am saying we already play strong teams in the EPL. The extra scheduling difficulties seems like something we could do without given the general recognition that we are hindered vis-a-vis our top four rivals due to location and finances as it is.

No, I meant experience playing against European opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So you don't want us to win the FA Cup either then? If Arsenal win the cup then 7th will get a Europa League qualifier spot too so we are extremely likely to be in the EL next season. If neither us or Arsenal win the cup then 7th is the only place we can finish where we won't be in Europe next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Man city lost 4 out of their last 6,losing to the likes of Burnley and Palace in the run. We can catch them if we do what we need to do.

No, I meant experience playing against European opposition.

It's a popular motivation but I'm not so sure.

Was Rodgers setting the EPL alight while we were in the CL? Was it not just the poor form of the team in general?

The idea that European opposition is some homogeneous thing is also a bit questionable fore, what did games against Ludogrets tell us that playing City or Chelsea didn't? I mean weren't Ludogrets filled with South Americans?

I'm not saying that there is nothing to be learned from European teams I just wonder if we over egg the benefits of playing opposition abroad because we want to beat Brodge with the "needs more European experience" stick.

Earning a hard earned draw in Moscow might (might!) put us in better stead for a subsequent CL campaign, I'd fear that being tired for the trip to say, Stoke, the following Sunday might impact negatively on our chances of actually getting there.

Sterling wants a song.
    We need to give him one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sterling wants a song.
    We need to give him one

"Its all about the money, money, money!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sterling wants a song.
    We need to give him one

Song for a shaggy boy.

"Its all about the money, money, money!"

He's throwing away money by not signing. I think he'll sign. He's feeling a lil under appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Sterling wants a song.
    We need to give him one

‘Last season I loved the song for Luis Suarez – Steven Gerrard and Philippe Coutinho have good ones too,’ he said.

‘My ambition is to have my own song from the Kop.

‘Of course, when the crowd is with you, there is nothing better.’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Sterling wants a song.
    We need to give him one
    To the tune of dolly partons Jolene
    Raheem raheem rahem sterling
    something something something

He's clearly feeling the discontent from the fans, it's not helping him.

Sterling wants a song.
    We need to give him one

With or without you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Just give him the £350k and his song and tie him down

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Just give him the £350k and his song and tie him down

If it was only that simple, he wants £380k now.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    To the tune of dolly partons Jolene
    Raheem raheem rahem sterling
    something something something

To the tune of Gabriels, Dreams can come true.

We Know you like some Dope.

We know ya got a big bong.

Raheem dont sniff glue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Sterling wants a song.
    We need to give him one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He's clearly feeling the discontent from the fans, it's not helping him.

mL43JI9.jpg

He needs to give Rainier Wolfcastle a ring and get advice on how to cope with life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dreading next season already. Chelsea will still be favorites, United are back, Arsenal will be right up there challenging for the title and City will spend big and probably get in a world class manager. There will be no chance of LFC getting into the top 4 unless a new manager is brought in who can ship out the dross and given a big transfer budget, and hopefully he can sort out this clusterf#ck we are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dreading next season already. Chelsea will still be favorites, United are back, Arsenal will be right up there challenging for the title and City will spend big and probably get in a world class manager. There will be no chance of LFC getting into the top 4 unless a new manager is brought in who can ship out the dross and given a big transfer budget, and hopefully he can sort out this clusterf#ck we are in.

Said it before saying it again: if you think a new manager will change anything, you're deluded.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We may as well quit the league. Focus on the cups.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement