Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

We should just pay Sterling the 850k a week and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Ibe starts because Markovic is pure useless

Cant argue with that.

Song for Sterling contributions anyone? One I robbed from BBC:
    "He signs when he wants! He signs when he wants! Raheem Sterling, he signs when he wants!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

If you think your opinion on who Mourinho or Guardiola would have signed is anything more than mindless speculation then I'm not gonna waste my time.

:D I guess they wouldn't have had the kind of pull and inside scoop on the likes of Borini and Allen to bring them to Merseyside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For the money spent on players since FSG took over that really is a weak squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought Flanagan would be back in the squad at this stage.

He had a cameo in the charity match. Anyone know why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :confused:

lol what? He's the manager and had a good record before City. What the tactical standard is or isn't in the Premiership is irrelevant to an assessment of what he was expected to do with City in European competition and how he has stacked up against same. He has had a very good squad with an excellent spine and struggled in Europe with City. And that failure to live up to his prior European performances with City is a big part of why his imminent dismissal will be justified.

I don't know what your lolling at or why you are suggesting I don't know who Pelligrini was before City hired him?
    Pellegrini is an excellent European manager. Not his fault the signings he isn't involved with have been poor. Yes the Pl is way behind the top leagues tactically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Our best defender in tonight's back four is a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The striking position has been our biggest problem all season. Sturridge never fit and Ballotelli a turkey. Has completely banjaxed us this season. Badly need two good strikers in and to clear out the deadwood up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Chatting with a mate at the weekend and he put something interesting to me when talking about Rodgers. How highly do people rate Garry Monk as a manager? If we did get rid of Rodgers, I would guess absolute uproar would ensue if we hired him? He is currently having an incredible season with Swansea. They are eighth in the table while having lost their best player to City in January. Swansea in general have coped very well since Rodgers departure, indicating the structures within the club are very good.

Why though is Monk not being seen it the same light as Rodgers? Is it the the lack of self promotion? His inability to build a mystic around a certain footballing philosophy he wants to play as a manager like Rodgers did even though Rodgers failed and abandoned his to a large degree shorty after arriving at Liverpool. Sorry if it looks like I'm taking shots at Rodgers as I'm not but during the conversation I found it hard to argue with the idea of Rodgers as a manager of Liverpool was to a large degree sold around many intangible football reasons. The idea of someone we are sold is often far more important in what we think than the reality. Ha, bit heavy maybe for a Monday afternoon.

Rodgers did go very close to winning the title in his second season at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Our best defender in tonight's back four is a midfielder.

Loving your positivity tonight.

• Advertisement

Can't see it catching on in the Kop, courtesy of Bright Eyes..

This is the first day of our lives
    I swear I was born right in the doorway
    I went out in the rain suddenly everything changed
    They're spreading banners in the Kop

Yours is the first face that I saw
    When Roy took a chance on you in Germany
    Now we don't got champions league
    and we know the europa's gash
    But we sure know the way to go

And so we thought we'd let you know
    That these songs take forever
    We especially are slow
    But we realize that we need you
    And we wondered if you could come home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wonder is Sturridge's injury to game ratio as good as his goal to game ratio since he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If Sturridge is on 150k is it any wonder Sterling wants 620k a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

NukaCola wrote: »
    If Sturridge is on 150k is it any wonder Sterling wants 620k a week.

I thought it was 850k:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The Sterling gag gets better everytime someone raises the number, top bantz.

I thought it was 850k:confused:

Thats with the add ons

MD1990 wrote: »
    Loving your positivity tonight.

Have you seen the squad?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Thats with the add ons

Bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I joked with a Villa fan today that Danny wouldn't get injured tonight because he'd get injured before it instead. :(
    You're a witch!!!

BURN THE WITCH!!!!

Yeah, it's looking almost guaranteed that his injury rate of every 4.6 games will be getting worse:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

You're a witch!!!

BURN THE WITCH!!!!

Yeah, it's looking almost guaranteed that his injury rate of every 4.6 games will be getting worse:(

it gets worse with every increase in sterlings demands ,im certain of it

Sterling wow, pay him what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's another 10K a week on the wages.

Pay the lad ffs and play him where he wants to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Definitely more than fruit in that pipe :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Can't understand why we're not giving him his 925k and personalised song

• Advertisement

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Can't understand why we're not giving him his 925k and personalised song

950k if some are to be believed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pay the lad ffs and play him where he wants to play.

The kid is special but he's been offered £100,000 a week. I wouldnt pay him more than £120,000, particularly after he refused to sign and tried the media thing.

It would mean that Liverpool would have to pay Hendo commensurate and renegotiate a whole pile of contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hendo racking up the assists this year

J Mysterio wrote: »

It would mean that Liverpool would have to pay Hendo commensurate and renegotiate a whole pile of contracts.

Henderson is going to be our captain and should be paid for such.

When the rest of the players play to the same levels Sterling is capable of, let them knock on the managers door looking for a raise.

No on was going to stop him there though, he was possessed! When he does it right, he stands out massively.

Something Michael Oweny about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The kid is special but he's been offered £100,000 a week. I wouldnt pay him more than £120,000, particularly after he refused to sign and tried the media thing.

Sterling is right in seeking parity with our best paid players. Because he is arguably our best player-certainly up there. Sturridge, who contributes far less is on £150k per week.

If we don't give it to him, we'll lose him. Which would ****ing horrendous news. It's all very simple.

Yeah. Whoever decided to give Sturridge 150k ****ed up. At least Gerrard will free the wages up so maybe no big deal in that respect.

Basically the wage structure has to be totally reassessed given the change to the profile of the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Just pay him the £1 million and be done with it.

Sterling and Henderson have combined for 9 goals this season, Sturridge and Suarez combined for 10 last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah. Whoever decided to give Sturridge 150k ****ed up. At least Gerrard will free the wages up so maybe no big deal in that respect.

Basically the wage structure has to be totally reassessed given the change to the profile of the squad.

Sturridge has a ridiculous goals ratio for us, he is deserving of the deal he got.

I have said it before Henderson, Sterling & Couthino all should be on comparable wages and those wages should be at the top end of the wage scale where Sturridge is now.

They are the future of the team and it should be built around them.

Coutinhio, should have shot !!

Some tackle by Lucas btw

That was a penno all day. Lovren.... ****ing hopeless!

Blatant peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Blatant peno

Big time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He really is a poor defender

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He really is a poor defender

No he isnt, he played poorly at the start of the season when he had Gerrard sitting in front of him, just like all our other defenders.

No he isnt, he played poorly at the start of the season when he had Gerrard sitting in front of him, just like all our other defenders.

Rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Oh, this is a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You don't need to play well every week to win, even against the best. But you need players up front to smooth out the bumps in team performances.

You also need them for games like tonight when you're thrashing a team that's utter ****. You can see a few examples where goalscorers would've made a much better go of it in front of goal.

Rubbish

No its not.
    Sakho and Skrtel also looked Sunday league at the start of this season and once Gerrard was injured/dropped their form turned around.

Now Glen Johnson, theres your poor defender.

Should be 3 at least. Risky

3 central defenders and they nearly score from a header from ball played up through the middle. Dodgy.

• Advertisement

No its not.
    Sakho and Skrtel also looked Sunday league at the start of this season and once Gerrard was injured/dropped their form turned around.

That makes no sense at all. If Gerrard or any other midfielder is playing bad then the defense needs to be on top of their game. It's like blaming Mignolet for playing crap because Lovren is playing crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement