Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lucas... Dark horse for the captaincy!

**** sake - leg breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I hope Coutinho is going to tell Sterling how he improved his finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Sterlings technique leaves him down far too often. Something I hope he is working on. I know consistency comes with age but it isn't have frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Some clever set pieces tonight. Sterling is lfcs Andy Cole!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Lucas... Dark horse for the captaincy!

Our longest serving player once Gerrard leaves, id have no problem with him getting the armband.

Our longest serving player once Gerrard leaves, id have no problem with him getting the armband.

Has to stay fit though. That wad a disgraceful tackle on him, hope hes ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love for Rickie to get his goal in front of the Kop.

Sterling in tomorrows paper for sniffing nitrous oxide (laughing gas).

It's legal so not sure what will happen. Slap on the wrists.

I'll give you a guess what paper obtained the video

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No love for the match thread?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He's not getting away with murder imo. His ineptitude has been called out on here. Some people just don't want to hear it because they're resolved to defending certain signings to the death for whatever reason.

Yeah, I've never been overly convinced.

He's been very average overall

All these things being leaked to the press are an attempt to get out of the club would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

First league win since the back to back defeats?

Sissoko really ought to have been straight red, shocking. I'd buy him though. Stick him in a better disciplined side (*cough* Skrtel, Can, Gerrard *cough*) and I think he'd thrive. Could be a cut price alternative to a few names being bandied about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

For someone who is demanding 654,399 a week, 61% shareholding of the club and a palace on the summit of K2, you'd expect him to have a better left peg.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Sissoko really ought to have been straight red, shocking. I'd buy him though. Stick him in a better disciplined side (*cough* Skrtel, Can, Gerrard *cough*) and I think he'd thrive. Could be a cut price alternative to a few names being bandied about.

I would love to see him signed along with/instead of Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice handy win ahead of the villa game, clean sheet too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Comfortable win in the end, played some lovely stuff in patches.

A recurring theme with Sterlings performance a lot of snap and crackle but very little pop, he can't seem to execute that final pass or shot regularly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Good guy Joe.

• Advertisement

Parp Parp Parp!

Allen became the 18th different player to score for Liverpool, equalling the club record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Moreno is in a bad run of form. Im convinced he will come good he is a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mignolet is now in the lead for the Golden Glove with 12 clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

West Ham have drawn 3 out of last 6 away.
    But they have nothing to play for
    Like a busker on an empty street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Moreno hasn't been great defensively but did people expect much more? It takes experience for a fullback to get there. His pace gives us great options going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No wonder Sterling is pissed about wages when he sees players like Lovren, Balotelli, Lallana, Borini, Lambert, Enrique & Johnson all on double or more than him some are sick notes some never get picked some are just crap.

He plays week in week out and even if he wasn't as good as he is he deserves to be better paid then all of the above.

This...doesn't make any sense. The only reason he's not getting paid more than the above is because he actively choose not to sign a contract giving him much more than all of them (with the possible exception of Johnson, who we're not really sure about, but who will also be gone asap).

I've always been a fan of Sterling, but since the wage demands i've started looking at him with the same expectation I would have of someone on those wages - a Suarez, a Sanchez, a Hazard (prior to 2 months ago).
    He's just not on that level yet. Someone on that money needs to do almost everything right, almost all of the time. He's exciting, and direct, but still quite rough. We saw both sides of him very clearly today, and he's had plenty far worse performances.

Coutinho imo is far far closer to the finished article. And Sturridge got his deal on the back of 18 months of doing what I said above - doing the right things at the right times far more often than not, with a frankly incredible goalscoring record.

This year, with a little more pressure and impetus on Sterling to shoulder the burden of attacking, he's well short of anything Sturridge or Suarez have achieved. He needs to score more, and he needs to assist more before he can be talked about as a 150 to 200k a week player. Thats a deal he should be looking for when he's 23 on the back of 2 or 3 more seasons of getting 15 goals and 10 assists per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mignolet is now in the lead for the Golden Glove with 12 clean sheets.

#BetterThanDeGea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The turnaround in mignolet is just amazing. He's so commanding and confident now.

Lovren is a disaster. We stand to loose so much on him if we sold him I'm almost certain he will still be here next season so maybe he can have a future yet.

I pray the club go out and buy 2 decent strikers in the summer that game could of been over in 20 minutes tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lovren will come good
    Just needs a run in team
    A run where he is commanding
    Confidence will return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So Allen wasn't plan b after spurs got Sigurson, Carragher said when he first spoke to Rodgers, that Allen was first on his shopping list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

West Ham have drawn 3 out of last 6 away.
    But they have nothing to play for
    Like a busker on an empty street

I dunno you'd get away with stripping off and jamming out One Night In Bangkok, and that's dangerous in its own way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only realised 5 of the last 7 league games are away.

One moment really summed up Lovern tonight, and it was When he made that sliding interception. Instead of jumping up and pushing the other 3 forward to squeeze the pitch he just gets up and puts his hands on his hips still looking guilty... He's supposed to be our leader back there. Very tough to see him turning it around.

rob316 wrote: »
    The turnaround in mignolet is just amazing. He's so commanding and confident now.

Lovren is a disaster. We stand to loose so much on him if we sold him I'm almost certain he will still be here next season so maybe he can have a future yet.

I pray the club go out and buy 2 decent strikers in the summer that game could of been over in 20 minutes tonight.

I dunno about anyone else but when a shot is fired at Mig I always expect him to save it. Even when he doesn't.

Obviously hindsight is easy but Liverpool should have just paid Lille enough to release Origi last summer,sure there would be some learning on the job but we could really do with his goals and I'm sure he'd have a dozen in this team without any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

uor yrae

I'll let you work that anagram out.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    One moment really summed up Lovern tonight, and it was When he made that sliding interception. Instead of jumping up and pushing the other 3 forward to squeeze the pitch he just gets up and puts his hands on his hips still looking guilty... He's supposed to be our leader back there. Very tough to see him turning it around.

Ya he is so nervous and timid. That's confidence its got nothing to do with who protects him in midfield as was alluded to earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

noodler wrote: »
    Only realised 5 of the last 7 league games are away.

Only 6 games left with 4 away.

Coutinho is our best player. What a joy to watch.

Makes Sterling look horribly overpaid ;)

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho is our best player. What a joy to watch.

He's a proper Brazilian. Such a humble lad too and recognises he has so much potential to fill still at Liverpool.

uor yrae

I'll let you work that anagram out.

You rear

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You rear

Close... It's your ear.

Tho I did find out that Kanye west is an anagram of sweaty ken recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You rear

Rkt it m9

Makes Sterling look horribly overpaid ;)
    Its gas how much Sterling is looking for:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

so fa cup semi final and 4 pts behind city. Things not quite as bleak as they were after the arsenal game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fair play to Neville for his comments about Sterling, you could feel Carra's eyes boring into his shivering Manky soul as he added "Sterling is at the right club to get his feet back on the ground". topbantzanall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

rob316 wrote: »
    He's a proper Brazilian. Such a humble lad too and recognises he has so much potential to fill still at Liverpool.

Yeah he has the right blend of skill and stubborn work ethic to be a bright star for us. Looks so confident in every moment of possession, sometimes needs to give the obvious ball but a real gem and scoring too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Please tell me the semi final us not on BT sport ?

Ok it's not on BT Sport.

It really is thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

No, it's on BT Sport 1. BBC are showing the the Arsenal v Reading game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement