Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

garra wrote: »
    Fair play to Neville for his comments about Sterling, you could feel Carra's eyes boring into his shivering Manky soul as he added "Sterling is at the right club to get his feet back on the ground". topbantzanall

Funny as I didn't get that vibe at all. They respect each other and Neville has always been fair about his comments about Liverpool.
    Also seen Utd fans on Boards claiming Carra is only good when not taking about Liverpool but I don't see that either.
    Players and pundits have a different mentality than fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mignolet is now in the lead for the Golden Glove with 12 clean sheets.

13 clean sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

NukaCola wrote: »
    13 clean sheets

Linda is smiling somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We'll win the clean sheets award which is really the main accolade there is. We were way ofc it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Please tell me the semi final us not on BT sport ?

Europsport showed the Liverpool matches in the earlier rounds (at least in Germany, not sure if they have the same schedules in all reghions)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Europsport showed the Liverpool matches in the earlier rounds (at least in Germany, not sure if they have the same schedules in all reghions)

Eurosport wont have it in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lovren will come good
    Just needs a run in team
    A run where he is commanding
    Confidence will return

For sale:
    Baby shoes,
    Never worn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sterling in tomorrows paper for sniffing nitrous oxide (laughing gas).

It's legal so not sure what will happen. Slap on the wrists.

I'll give you a guess what paper obtained the video

Guardian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

noodler wrote: »
    Guardian?

The ***

Seriously, if you're gonna do these things, why allow the people you're with to take pictures!? Just a tiny bit of cop on like...

so fa cup semi final and 4 pts behind city. Things not quite as bleak as they were after the arsenal game.

Pessimistic hat activate :

Four of last six away with one being a bankable loss at the bridge. Struggle for fifth in all honesty.

Then a nice whooping to Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The ***

Seriously, if you're gonna do these things, why allow the people you're with to take pictures!? Just a tiny bit of cop on like...

Ah here Rebel, I thought you knew a joke when you say one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I don't read these trash stories so I am slightly at a loss as to how these pictures end up in the rags. Is Sterling down with the hobos or at a private house/club? Is he completely naive or is he stirring it deliberately?

I don't read these trash stories so I am slightly at a loss as to how these pictures end up in the rags. Is Sterling down with the hobos or at a private house/club? Is he completely naive or is he stirring it deliberately?

I'm guessing he can't bring himself to bite someone in order to force a move so this is the best he can think of..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

murpho999 wrote: »
    Funny as I didn't get that vibe at all. They respect each other and Neville has always been fair about his comments about Liverpool.
    Also seen Utd fans on Boards claiming Carra is only good when not taking about Liverpool but I don't see that either.
    Players and pundits have a different mentality than fans.

Yeah in fairness he is usually spot on and seems to go to excruciating lengths to be seen to fair, can get a bit ponderous but I'd sooner have them 2 over our looney bin commentators on rte.

Not Liverpool related but....

Has anyone noticed /thought the media treatment of John Carver compared to Pellegrini in the last few days has been noticeable?

OK, probably overly using sky as a reference point but columns today, and indeed commentary during the Liverpool game, are very much poor Carver and he hasn't been given money etc - no mention of the sack or even contemplating that he won't be there next season.

Meanwhile the talk about Pellegrini is all about him being sacked, some deadwood talk as well, but I was wondering was it an English thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Has anyone noticed /thought the media treatment of John Carver compared to Pellegrini in the last few days has been noticeable?

OK, probably overly using sky as a reference point but columns today, and indeed commentary during the Liverpool game, are very much poor Carver and he hasn't been given money etc - no mention of the sack or even contemplating that he won't be there next season.

Meanwhile the talk about Pellegrini is all about him being sacked, some deadwood talk as well, but I was wondering was it an English thing.

The two scenarios are no way comparable. One manages the pl champions the other is a caretaker manager for a pretty irrelevant team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah here Rebel, I thought you knew a joke when you say one.

ha, figured i'd answer anyway, to err on the side of caution just in the off-chance yourself or anyone didn't know :p

It might be as simple as him having a laugh, letting off steam, playing to the crowd... The transfer stuff is perhaps less than fun for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

While Sterling's goal was fantastic, his wastefulness proves Liverpool will be still paying dearly for potential. He is far from being a finished article and not worth what he's reportedly asking BUT we also can't afford to let him go. Also I haven't a huge amount of faith in the signings that his fee would allow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Lol, are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

First half hour Liverpool were excellent, loads of movement off the ball and some great passes to create chances, should have really been game over by half time but poor finishing let us down, there were no goalscorers on that pitch at all tonight. Beginning of the second half Liverpool looked rattled, Newcastle got in our face and everyone looked very shaky for about 20 mins or so, once the second goal went in it was game over. Lovren is brutal, sickens me that we paid £20m for him because the way he's played this season we would be lucky to get a quarter of that back for him, he should have been a very important signing but he looks like a complete waste of money at the moment, our worst signing since Andy Carroll. Moreno has been dodgy at times but at least he has shown signs of being good, thought he done okay tonight apart from about 20 mins or so where he looked like a nervous wreck, only a young lad and has played a lot of games this season so don't think we should be too harsh on him. I will be happy to see the back of Johnson, once upon a time I thought he was a very good player for us but every time I see him play now he gets worse and worse.

Mignolets turn around has been sensational, clearly a psychological thing but I don't think I've ever seen such an extreme turnaround (and back again) in such a short space of time. Glad he has got it back together and would be great to see him win the golden glove this year. Coutinho is a magician, has always shown glimpses of genius but the glimpses are becoming more frequent now and he is quickly becoming the star of the show whenever we play well. Henderson also played well tonight I thought.

As for Raheem Sterling, should have had a hat trick tonight but looked our most threatening player on the pitch and caused a lot of problems for Newcastle. I think we should just pay him the money and get it over with. If we end up selling him I would almost guarantee that we will not sign a player of his quality to replace him, our track record in the transfer market is terrible and I'd rather pay him an extra few grand a week than take a gamble on some other player who probably won't turn out as good, at least we know Sterling is good, fair enough he is not in the same bracket as the likes of Sanchez, Hazard, Suarez etc yet but we're not going to sign someone in that bracket, I genuinely think Sterling is the best we can hope for.

5th place and an FA cup final would be a success in my books considering how bad we were before christmas. A big summer at Liverpool this year but I've been saying that for probably the past five summers, a forward, a centre midfielder and a right back all on the priority list, with the way transfers have gone in the past few years I'd say the exact same three positions will still be priority signings the following summer again, I have absolutely no faith in this club to sign the correct players anymore.

Grayditch wrote: »
    While Sterling's goal was fantastic, his wastefulness proves Liverpool will be still paying dearly for potential. He is far from being a finished article and not worth what he's reportedly asking BUT we also can't afford to let him go. Also I haven't a huge amount of faith in the signings that his fee would allow.

The chance he put wide actually made me giggle a small bit. He had so much time, that he was probably thinking about how much a second goal would benefit Mr. Sterling.

He didn't celebrate his goal naturally with his teammates, he was more concerned about running towards the crowd and showing them who's boss.

He's young and hopefuly this blows over and he becomes a Liverpool great, because he definitely has the potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sterling got his KOP song

Mods please remove if not appropriate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You think his agent would advise him not to inhale substances on camera. Let's get back to basics here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

monkey9 wrote: »
    You think his agent would advise him not to inhale substances on camera. Let's get back to basics here.

Rumour is his agent's a kn*b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

8-10 wrote: »

That's the word on the street alright.

Swap Glenjo and Sterling's salaries..And add half a mill a week.

rob316 wrote: »
    The two scenarios are no way comparable. One manages the pl champions the other is a caretaker manager for a pretty irrelevant team.

There just seems to be alot of sympathy for Carver from the old pros in the media depsite the massive discrepancies in the managerial skills of the two men as you say.
    Lol, are you serious?

Serious? Well I asked seriously if anyone had noticed it or thought it?

Is that what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Which one of Sterling's friends blew him up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sold him out for a few hundred quid I'd say.

I know Sterling needs to be smarter. He should stop stupid stuff and then surround himself with better people. I obviously dont know who his mates are or if they actually leaked the vid so I might be wronging them but seems highly likely.

The Media have a horn for him lately and everything he does will be scrutinised on and off the field.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sold him out for a few hundred quid I'd say.

I know Sterling needs to be smarter. He should stop stupid stuff and then surround himself with better people. I obviously dont know who his mates are or if they actually leaked the vid so I might be wronging them but seems highly likely.

The Media have a horn for him lately and everything he does will be scrutinised on and off the field.

If you are even an acquaintance of Sterling, I'd be shocked if you would risk all the other indirect benefits (parties, womenz, free booze, tickets etc) for a couple of hundred quid!

I'd say one of them stupidly shared it on whatsapp or something in a group..but thats an awful lot of speculation on my part based on practically nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Definitely his agent, he's an unsavory character from what I've been hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

D'Agger wrote: »
    Definitely his agent, he's an unsavory character from what I've been hearing

Why would his agent sell on a vid of him to be used in a negative fashion? What purpose does that serve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Why would his agent sell on a vid of him to be used in a negative fashion? What purpose does that serve?

Because he's a knob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Selling it to a certain newspaper would have pissed off lots of Liverpool fans

Sterling got his KOP song

8-10 wrote: »
    monkey9 wrote: »
    That's the word on the street alright.

I was joining in on the 'agent is a knob' angle for the laugh

An agent wouldn't release that obviously, it's unprofessional, that said it could strain relations between his client and the club, which could mean a pay day for him i.e. Sterling on the move - this isn't the worst news for his agent. On the flip side, Sterling goes nowhere and he's shot himself in the foot regarding wage negotiations so he could be livid.

Get more money. Holding out for 750 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Rumours are that it was Raheems eldest son DeAngelo that stitched him up.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rumours are that it was Raheems eldest son DeAngelo that stitched him up.

That'll teach him for not giving D'Angelo one of the high rises to look after.

• Advertisement

Tru dat

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Now that D'Angelo is 21 and kicked out of the house, he has to suppliment his income somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm glad I don't get these pop-cultural references.

What pop-cultural references?

I pity the fool who does Mike....is that better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Only thing sterling is doing is driving down the price we could get for him..not surprised the owners won't stump up for him,would be a huge investment for a player who has a lot to learn yet..them Americans would have hired people to check up on him long ago I'd say,and perhaps its those who are leaking the stuff in order to weaken sterlings position contract wise...

If he gets injured and looses that pace he is just another decent young player ..value halved

Edit. Obviously based on the club wanting to sign him up long term.

Did you appreciate my throwback to the 80's last night with the John Carver/Bob Carrolgees comparison? Hopefully that wasn't too pop culture for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

D'Agger wrote: »
    I pity the fool who does Mike....is that better?

Me too, it's a dark, dark place. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

tmE6UPx.jpg

Harry "Abe" Palmr :P

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    tmE6UPx.jpg

Harry "Abe" Palmr :P

I, er, believe that 'Harry' is 50 this year, so in Simpsons terms a senior.

Happy landmark birthday (sometime this year).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement