Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

For the reasons I mentioned above?
    You seem as though you want to just slate every signing for some reason.

Because the majority of the signings have been poor?

How did I miss the Suarez thread today.

Classic.

Some things never change in the SF

_70729954_185345951.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

noodler wrote: »
    Because the majority of the signings have been poor?

Someone above me said Skrtel and Sakho get a pass of sorts because they were new to the league and didn't speak English. Why do Moreno and Markovic not get the same treatment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Lovren still looked like a liability against an absolutely toothless side last night. It genuinely terrifies to think of what even just competent opposition will do to him.

Still can't get my head around how he's fared tbh, it's a fcuking mystery to me.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Lovren still looked like a liability against an absolutely toothless side last night. It genuinely terrifies to think of what even just competent opposition will do to him.

Still can't get my head around how he's fared tbh, it's a fcuking mystery to me.

No he didn't, he made one error which should have been a penalty and one poor header. He did nothing else wrong, I was watching his performance in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm a lot more concerned about our ability to score goals than I am about our defenders atm.

I'm a lot more concerned about our ability to score goals than I am about our defenders atm.

This is my exact feeling too. We've been fairly solid at the back since Christmas barring 2 games, scoring goals is a huge issue though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No he didn't, he made one error which should have been a penalty and one poor header. He did nothing else wrong, I was watching his performance in particular.

Would you start him against Villa?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Would you start him against Villa?

Depending on formation. In a 3, yes. In a 2,depends on Skrtels fitness.

It makes no difference who plays anyway because none of our centre halves will be able to handle Benteke.

Someone above me said Skrtel and Sakho get a pass of sorts because they were new to the league and didn't speak English. Why do Moreno and Markovic not get the same treatment?

Defensive howlers in Moreno's case, lack of end product in Markovic's and of course price tag for both.

More importantly, perhaps, is the argument they have potential for improvement. Lovren is older, more expensive for his position and should have been an instant improvement for the first XI.

Lots of hairsplitting there, I've seen something in Markovic but have massive Moreno doubts. The goals he has directly been responsible for were criminal.

• Advertisement

Well obviously I'm fighting a losing battle here, let's just meet at this time next season and see who was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Don't forget nearly injuring a team mate.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Don't forget nearly injuring a team mate.

You could just as easily blame Can for putting his foot where it was, neither of them called for the ball. If you are being serious, have a word with yourself.

Yeah, same. Defense while not fantastic has been pretty pk the past 3/4 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Well obviously I'm fighting a losing battle here, let's just meet at this time next season and see who was right.

You can be safe in the knowledge that we'll all be delighted if you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

For a while last night, I thought Johnsons first name was 'Poor control by'.

First half he started brightly enough, then got a bit tired and sloppy, then perked up again, etc. His second touch was a tackle for much of second half

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

We could buy Agger back six times and pay Kolo Toure's wages for a little over half a year given he was a free transfer for what we spent on Lovren. Let's do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

noodler wrote: »
    Defensive howlers in Moreno's case, lack of end product in Markovic's and of course price tag for both.

More importantly, perhaps, is the argument they have potential for improvement. Lovren is older, more expensive for his position and should have been an instant improvement for the first XI.

Lots of hairsplitting there, I've seen something in Markovic but have massive Moreno doubts. The goals he has directly been responsible for were criminal.

Yeah they are both young and both have made mistakes but for me, Moreno is the one I can see holding a place in the side, has a bit of spark but needs work on his defending for sure. Markovic has to become more dynamic, a steeper ask than learning how to play the defensive side of a wing back role, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

raheem's hand :eek::eek:surprised ibe hasnt become pregnant after that pic was takin:pac:

Cant believe they're drinking Fanta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Not sure what game you were watching to be honest. He looked very jittery for 60mins at least. I lost count of the amount of aimless long balls he played over both halves when under zero pressure. Im talking rightly 20-30 yards off the intended attacking player he was aiming for a couple times. He gave away possession alot.

The peno call and bad header, either in isolation is bad enough but i am really shocked at how poor a signing he has being for us. I hope though when settled abit better next season we can depend on him more.

garra wrote: »
    Yeah they are both young and both have made mistakes but for me, Moreno is the one I can see holding a place in the side, has a bit of spark but needs work on his defending for sure. Markovic has to become more dynamic, a steeper ask than learning how to play the defensive side of a wing back role, imo

I don't see Markovic as a wing back.

It was OK for this season but I can't see it long term, square peg - round hole for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

For some players it doesn't rain it pours

Teixeira caught his studs in the turf and left the field with a leg in a temporary cast tonight :( Looks like ligament damage.

CClP1XyVEAAyKP6.jpg

Obviously the prognosis isn't known yet but it could mess up his pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

****. It was all sunshine and lollipops with Teixera the other day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sounds really bad about Teixeira's injury. Its a shame he's done well this season & certaintly is a better prospect than Luis Alberto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't see how people can defend Lovren.

Was supposed to be the missing link in our defence that would tighten it up and improve our title hopes this season.

He's been a disaster and a very disappointing signing.

Can't understand how he has declined unless the pressure has just got to him.

People using language as an excuse is very poor. Plenty of players have played with little English and done well. Suarez and Torres spring to mind.

If you have the ability then you'll thrive . Learning English won't improve your game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I suppose in a slight defence of Lovern, at Southampton he had two decent defensive midfielders in Schneiderln and Wanyama in front of him and decent full backs beside him. Fonte and Boruc had a good seasons as well. It seemed to be quite a well oiled machine.

He gets dropped into our defence which was leaking goals to begin with. Behind him was a keeper who wasn't very confident, in front of him Gerrard and Lucas or Gerrard and Allen were running into each other and Glen Johnson was....god only knows what he was up to. The only thing oiled was Enrique...

On top of that he had a manager in Rodgers who didn't spend enough time on defence because he had Suarez and Sturridge banging in the goals the previous season. Baptism of fire comes to mind.

Obviously he has made his mistakes (that attempted tackle against Newcastle that should have been a penalty looked like something i would do in 5 a side) and his decision making is erratic, he should be a lot better but the environment has to be accounted for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't see how people can defend Lovren.

Was supposed to be the missing link in our defence that would tighten it up and improve our title hopes this season.

He's been a disaster and a very disappointing signing.

Can't understand how he has declined unless the pressure has just got to him.

People using language as an excuse is very poor. Plenty of players have played with little English and done well. Suarez and Torres spring to mind.

If you have the ability then you'll thrive . Learning English won't improve your game.

In fairness it's different for a cb than a forward. A defense is all about being a unit and being vocal is a huge part of it, especially a guy being bought to be a leader. For Nando (lifelong swoon) and luis it was more about just being amazing on your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is enricky alive?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Is enricky alive?

Playing FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Playing FIFA.

Whilst smothered in oil and wearing a face mask.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

As is now the norm I have turned off Irishkop for the day, today is not a day to be talking about contract negotiations, tactics etc. JFT96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

"Justice for the 96"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Lovren has overall being a terrible signing.

The issue for me was that he never actually done what he was signed to do. He was signed to be a Carra replacement. He was to be the organiser, the one pulling players into position and barking out orders. Great defenders can defend as well by what they say as what they do.

The issue with Lovren is not once did he show that attribute, I dont know whether the pressure of doing it a bigger Club got to him or he isnt a big enough character at a club like Liverpool and in that dressing room.

To be fair he had shown a bit of improvement in the recent Blackburn game where he was very good but bear in mind the opposition.

I think he will get another season, not all signings even those that know the lingo and the league come good straight away, to rule him out just because he had the advantage of knowing the league and the language is a bit short sighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dub13 wrote: »
    As is now the norm I have turned off Irishkop for the day, today is not a day to be talking about contract negotiations, tactics etc. JFT96

Might be an idea to get the thread closed again for a day? Not only as a sign of respect, but the recent spats between posters and so on, last thing we need is this place turning into a pointscoring place again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Knex. wrote: »
    Might be an idea to get the thread closed again for a day? Not only as a sign of respect, but the recent spats between posters and so on, last thing we need is this place turning into a pointscoring place again.

Ridiculous idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

8624__5690__hills-2015-1000x600_517X310.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

2011_10_17_20_59.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I know we have our differences but not today.

CCmHWm_WIAArSD2.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Ridiculous idea!

Was good last year as it was 25 years but today would be too much in my opinion.

Maybe just close it while ceremony is on if posters insist on it.

Hillsborough was a massive tragedy but public grieving on the internet does bother me to be honest and posting about the club today is in no way disrespectful to the victims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Knex. wrote: »

It would be nice if everyone just refused to get into spats today and just kept it pg for the sake of the day thats in it. Friendly banter is grand but we can surely do without silly childishness for one day.

Its good to talk about and remember these tragedies. Be it Hillsborough, Hysel, Munich or the Ibrox disaster.

RIP 96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

For some players it doesn't rain it pours

Teixeira caught his studs in the turf and left the field with a leg in a temporary cast tonight :( Looks like ligament damage.

CClP1XyVEAAyKP6.jpg

Obviously the prognosis isn't known yet but it could mess up his pre-season.

https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/588287903417110528

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Both clubs have had their tragedies. Today we remember the 96.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/588257976965804032

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

MerseysideUnited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

T-K-O wrote: »

I'm a huge Klopp fan. But I really think he will take his year off to get ready for the German job after next years Euro's.

I think his intensity is suited for International management to be honest he won't burn out as soon at that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'm a huge Klopp fan. But I really think he will take his year off to get ready for the German job after next years Euro's.

I think his intensity is suited for International management to be honest he won't burn out as soon at that level.
    Already said he won't be taking a year off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MD1990 wrote: »
    Already said he won't be taking a year off.

Brendan better hope we don't lose on Sunday then or the speculation will go into over drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Speculators Gonna Speculate late late!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

IF you all had the a vote, Would you replace Rogers with Klopp for the new season?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement