Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Charlie19 wrote: »
    So you're not a fan of Gerrard, I can see that but he's nowhere the level of Shyte You're making him out to be.

You'll find it hard pressed to find a bigger fan of what he has done for the club but those days are long gone. He should not be starting for us again, a great option off the bench though if we need a goal with half an hour left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Wolfsburg 0-2 Napoli. Happy Birthday Rafa :) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You'll find it hard pressed to find a bigger fan of what he has done for the club but those days are long gone. He should not be starting for us again, a great option off the bench though if we need a goal with half an hour left.

It looked like you're more a fan of Pirlos ear than Gerrard and I think you over exaggerated just a little with the 10/15 hollywood ball a game.

Rafa is some man for Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Your previous post compared him to Pirlos left ear, Don't think it would be too much of a struggle to find a bigger fan to be honest.

• Advertisement

Your previous post compared him to Pirlos left ear, Don't think it would be too much of a struggle to find a bigger fan to be honest.

No I didn't, I said Pirlos left ear has more vision, there is no comparison. I'm a Liverpool fan, not a Steven Gerrard fan. His time is up, we move on.

No I didn't, I said Pirlos left ear has more vision, there is no comparison. I'm a Liverpool fan, not a Steven Gerrard fan. His time is up, we move on.

And you feel that's a fair statement, past it or not he deserves allot more respect considering what he has done for us.

And you feel that's a fair statement, past it or not he deserves allot more respect considering what he has done for us.

Would you let Kenny play up front because of what he did in the past? Alan Hansen? Sounness? Molby? It doesn't take away from their achievements as players to say they are past it, just like Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

klose wrote: »
    Wembley is a big pitch, playing gerrard would be a poor decioson imo.

That would be exactly the reason I would play Gerrard at Wembley, has the range of passing to exploit the spaces in behind defence. Would play him with 20 mins left, he could cause havoc with Sterling running in behind.

Would you let Kenny play up front because of what he did in the past? Alan Hansen? Sounness? Molby? It doesn't take away from their achievements as players to say they are past it, just like Gerrard.

Saying hes past it is fine, just not so gleefully, well I'm off to astro to pretend I'm Steve g for an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ridiculous comparisons tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

mav79 wrote: »
    If you play Gerrard in front of the back three you might as well play with ten men. He comes too deep to collect the ball off the toes of the defenders meaning you are losing a player to receive a pass. One forward can mark the three defenders and Gerrard because the ball is always going to Gerrard. I'd leave Lucas, Henderson and Allen as the midfield for Sunday.

It works for carrick, Gerard should not start but not because he comes too deep.

If the CBS are in the full back positions with Gerard in the middle, I'd love to see the man who can mark all 3.

Gerard is not the answer but that system is not the problem.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Ridiculous comparisons tbh.

They offer about as much to a Liverpool starting 11 as Gerrard currently does.

They offer about as much to a Liverpool starting 11 as Gerrard currently does.

You're embarrassing yourself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

:confused::eek::rolleyes::D

You're embarrassing yourself now.

Thank you for your concern but it's my opinion and hopefully the opinion of our manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Jesus Christ Caoyvn lineh has some moronic views and is one of the worst posters I have seen in s long time. Actually reminds me of a former poster but cant put my finger on it

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Caoyvn lineh has some moronic views and is one of the worst posters I have seen in s long time. Actually reminds me of a former poster but cant put my finger on it

How does that add to the discussion whatsoever? It's ok to actually talk to people with differing views to your own, the world would be a fairly boring place if we all agreed on everything wouldn't it?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Gerrard is a great man to have to come off the bench in a big game.

No better player in that situation at the club still

Worked out well the last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

How does that add to the discussion whatsoever? It's ok to actually talk to people with differing views to your own, the world would be a fairly boring place if we all agreed on everything wouldn't it?

Absolutely no problem with differing views but I find 90% of your post tenious or cringeworthy

I am more tolerant of opposition fans with idiotic views but it annoys me do much more when it Liverpool fan

• Advertisement

We all love a discussion, but when someone compares playing a player who only retired from international football during the summer, to playing players who retired in the 80's, well as all my ex girlfriends have told me, its not us, its you.

Absolutely no problem with deferring views but I find 90% of your post tenious or cringeworthy

I am more tolerant of opposition fans with idiotic views but it annoys me do much more when it Liverpool fan

I feel that Gerrard isn't good enough to start for Liverpool, that's hardly cringeworthy now. It's a fairly common opinion that a lot of people told.

If you think he is good enough to start then fair enough, I think you're wrong but it's your opinion.

We all love a discussion, but when someone compares playing a player who only retired from international football during the summer, to playing players who retired in the 80's, well as all my ex girlfriends have told me, its not us, its you.

OK, if the players I mentioned were a problem. What about Carragher? Would you start him at the weekend? Gerrard simply isn't good enough anymore and shouldn't get a pass because of his past performance.

OK, if the players I mentioned were a problem. What about Carragher? Would you start him at the weekend? Gerrard simply isn't good enough anymore and shouldn't get a pass because of his past performance.

No Carragher wouldn't be good enough to start at the weekend but he would be a decent option off the bench if our backs were really against the wall if he was still at the club and fit.

I wouldn't have Gerrard start either, but i do think he would be a more than capable impact sub if it was 0-0 at 70 mins. He is still the best set piece taker we have by quite a distance, and has a passing range that a lot of our first team can only dream of.

No Carragher wouldn't be good enough to start at the weekend but he would be a decent option off the bench if our backs were really against the wall if he was still at the club and fit.

I wouldn't have Gerrard start either, but i do think he would be a more than capable impact sub if it was 0-0 at 70 mins. He is still the best set piece taker we have by quite a distance, and has a passing range that a lot of our first team can only dream of.

Which is exactly what I said, bar the passing range bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

While Caovyn's comparison is bordering on the extreme he is correct. Gerrard should not be getting a pass into the team. Even when you talk about his long range passing, Hendo is getting better at pull them off. He doesn't bring anything that other's can't anymore ( except for who he is ). Bringing him on around 70 minutes will lift the team ( unless he gets an instant red card).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Whose idea was it to let Henderson take the free kicks?

Every time I see him stand over a direct free kick within striking distance I die a little inside.

Love the lad but he cannot take free kicks.

Whose idea was it to let Henderson take the free kicks?

Every time I see him stand over a direct free kick within striking distance I die a little inside.

Love the lad but he cannot take free kicks.

He has a great delivery from out wide though, I've just realised now, once Gerrard does leave I don't think we have anyone who can regularly score free kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rafa getting it done in Europe, brilliant performance from Napoli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

He has a great delivery from out wide though, I've just realised now, once Gerrard does leave I don't think we have anyone who can regularly score free kicks.

does Gerrard regulary score free kicks??

Dreadful posts with consistent slavish defending of the current club status quo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

does Gerrard regulary score free kicks??

Not so much any more but he's still the best at the club at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Dreadful posts with consistent slavish defending of the current club status quo.

I'm not sure what these posts are trying to achieve? Seems a bit ott to be saying someones post are dreadful or moronic just because you don't agree with them, your own posts aren't exactly prime examples of good posting.

Personally I think Caovyn is being a bit dismissive of Gerrard but it's nothing to be getting overly upset about and start throwing around insults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Christ on a bike. What's wrong with people tonight. Petty BS about what? Nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not so much any more but he's still the best at the club at them.

At least while Balotelli is on the bench at any rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Depressing article on abuse of players on social media. Balotelli received over 8000 messages of abuse up to March of this season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/16/social-media-hate-players-football-authorities-police-internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

brevity wrote: »
    Depressing article on abuse of players on social media. Balotelli received over 8000 messages of abuse up to March of this season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/16/social-media-hate-players-football-authorities-police-internet

He really shouldn't be allowed a twitter account while he is a professional footballer.

So many Gerrard...... Apologists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

noodler wrote: »
    So many Gerrard...... Apologists!

Bearded weirdos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

brevity wrote: »
    Bearded weirdos.

Well I can't be called 50% of those adjectives;)

As for Mario, he should know the jinx rule.
    I suppose that's subject to who he thinks we have better chance of catching.

https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status/587271518410973184

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gnite chums

your own posts aren't exactly prime examples of good posting.

My posts are elite baby! Runner up Forum Poster of the Year 2014tm :)

Defending the club on what exactly? In my time posting here I think I have defended the club on 2 new signings in Lovren and Moreno.

Just like the PFA award, it must have been a poor year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

That's loser talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

noodler wrote: »
    He really shouldn't be allowed a twitter account while he is a professional footballer.

Why not? It's not his fault that there's so many clowns out there who like to talk tough on social media.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Why not? It's not his fault that there's so many clowns out there who like to talk tough on social media.

Geez , I thought it was painfully obvious but he posts stupid things that get him in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

"Reports" on twitter that Sturridge will miss the semi final with another injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

"Reports" on twitter that Sturridge will miss the semi final with another injury

I really hope last year isn't the height of his career, when all is said and done, but if he doesn't sort out his injuries issues, that will unfortunately be the case.

I've been absolutely delighted with Sturridge since he joined, and he looks to have all the tools to be one of the better strikers in Europe, but these injuries are really setting both the Club and himself back.

That's loser talk

OurMy Year

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement