Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Every striker we have needs to be sold in the summer, including Sturridge.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    My posts are elite baby! Runner up Forum Poster of the Year 2014tm :)

I hope you can distinguish yourself next season in the posters Champions League Lloyd. It's been a few years since you were on that stage, you wouldn't want to get embarassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Every striker we have needs to be sold in the summer, including Sturridge.

And replaced with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

And replaced with?

David N'Gog. More than capable of replacing all 4.

djPSB wrote: »
    David N'Gog. More than capable of replacing all 4.

What's Voronin at these days?

And replaced with?

Someone who isn't eternally injured would be a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

What's Voronin at these days?
    Hairdressing but it's only a cover for his hitman business last time I heard

D'Agger wrote: »
    Hairdressing but it's only a cover for his hitman business last time I heard

He's also in a Whitesnake tribute band 3 evenings a week.

5starpool wrote: »
    Someone who isn't eternally injured would be a start.

Yeah,it really is beyond a joke at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

"Here I go again on my own"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool: Raheem Sterling/Jordon Ibe warned by Brendan Rodgers
    Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling has been reminded of his responsibilities as a role model following recent images of him in the national newspapers.
    The 20-year-old England international was pictured inhaling laughing gas and smoking a shisha pipe.
    He met with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers on Thursday and the club insist the matter is now closed.
    Rodgers also spoke with winger Jordon Ibe, 19, who was seen alongside Sterling smoking a shisha pipe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32348727

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

My posts are elite baby! Runner up Forum Poster of the Year 2014tm :)
    Lucky Lloyd Boards own version of Eamon Dunphy:p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

redzerdrog wrote: »
    . Actually reminds me of a former poster but cant put my finger on it

Put your finger on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

noodler wrote: »
    Put your finger on it.

Put the spoon back in the drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Liverpool: Raheem Sterling/Jordon Ibe warned by Brendan Rodgers

I have to say I'm getting sick of people being offended by anything. I'd be a bit annoyed with Rodgers too if he actually did warn them over this.

Why didn't he warn them about drinking Fanta? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

tok9 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm getting sick of people being offended by anything. I'd be a bit annoyed with Rodgers too if he actually did warn them over this.

Why didn't he warn them about drinking Fanta? :P

The club could and should not ignore this sort of thing esp as Sterling does have previous. He is an asset until he is sold - then he can do whatever he likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

brevity wrote: »
    "Here I go again on my own"

Luis Suarez 2014

I'd take the word 'warning' with a pinch of salt anyway. He probably told them to stop hanging around with w@nkers most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The club could and should not ignore this sort of thing esp as Sterling does have previous. He is an asset until he is sold - then he can do whatever he likes.

He has previous what? Doing legal things?

I hope he doesn't play games.. I hear those things make you violent. Hopefully Rodgers let's him know about all the things that are okay for people to do.. but not him.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Put the spoon back in the drawer.

Put the Mouse back in the House.

• Advertisement

Put the Mouse back in the House.
    Put the house back on the market

D'Agger wrote: »
    Put the house back on the market

I'm not entirely sure whats going on here but I'm not stopping until it gets me laid.

tok9 wrote: »
    He has previous what? Doing legal things?

I hope he doesn't play games.. I hear those things make you violent. Hopefully Rodgers let's him know about all the things that are okay for people to do.. but not him.

Sterling is a bit of a lad and they are the sort that need a tight reign or they end up in trouble - which he has been in a few times since he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Morning chums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pep has gone nuts at his physios, causing the pretty damn famous, Müller-Wohlfahrt, and his team to leave Bayern.

This guy has players from all over the world going to see him about injuries, that's how highly regarded he is.

Maybe he could help Sturridge out :pac:

Saw a video of Pep sarcastically applauding Müller-Wohlfahrt and his team on the bench the other night as Bayern lost to Leverkusen, and pretty much blamed the loss on them. Fair enough, Bayern have a shed load of injuries at the moment, but damn is Pep coming off in a bad light over all of this.

Regardless, I'm interested to see where Müller-Wohlfahrt and his team end up, tbh. Although with the man himself being in his early 70's, he may well decide to just hang up magic sponge at this stage.

Edit: Not that it particularly matters, but apparently the clapping situation, MW wasn't in the stadium at the time, but his staff/team were. Rumours saying he fell out with Rummenigge after the Porto game, so perhaps harsh on Pep above. Still, if someone clapped at me like that at work, I'd be furious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Guardiola obviously struggling to comprehend injuries - wasn't an issue when the IV bags of 'vitamins' were being administered by the Barcelona medical staff.

Jesus, what a pr1ck.

Rodgers should adopt that defence - look over at Sturridge's physio, Sterling's tabacco supplier and Gerrard's boots manufacturer and do a nice big condescending clap.

Video of the clap is here, if anyone is interested.

Don't know how they stayed so restrained, tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He only had 14 fit players for the game against PSG I think, 2 keepers on the bench.
    He has a right to be annoyed about injuries, but blaming the medical staff is not a good approach.
    There was some club in England a few years ago (was it us?) that made huge changes to the training ground as they got sports science nerds in to find out the source of all injuries.
    They found out it was somethign in the soil that was used or something like that.....memory is a bit hazy on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jesus, what a pr1ck.

Rodgers should adopt that defence - look over at Sturridge's physio, Sterling's tabacco supplier and Gerrard's boots manufacturer and do a nice big condescending clap.

:D:pac::pac: Great post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Some performance from Napoli last night. Rafa really is the master in European competition. I really hope he doesn't end up at City next year. I think again it will be a similar situation to Inter where he'll be walking into a team in decline without any kind of backing in terms of time to transition them. All he will be is a placeholder for the clearout for the next manager.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He only had 14 fit players for the game against PSG I think, 2 keepers on the bench.

He has a right to be annoyed about injuries, but blaming the medical staff is not a good approach.

There was some club in England a few years ago (was it us?) that made huge changes to the training ground as they got sports science nerds in to find out the source of all injuries.
    They found out it was somethign in the soil that was used or something like that.....memory is a bit hazy on that.

Not Arsenal then?

Some performance from Napoli last night. Rafa really is the master in European competition. I really hope he doesn't end up at City next year. I think again it will be a similar situation to Inter where he'll be walking into a team in decline without any kind of backing in terms of time to transition instead being a placeholder for the clear out for the next manager.

I think he'd be delighted with City. He'd love to ship out the likes of Toure, generate money + using City's already considerable wealth, and build a squad to his liking.

Would be like Christmas for him, if he felt he was going to be given a few years backing.

However, sacking Pellegrini, a clearly successful manager who also won the league for City last year, wouldn't inspire you with confidence that any manager going into City this summer will be afforded time and patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rafa in.

Guardiola obviously struggling to comprehend injuries - wasn't an issue when the IV bags of 'vitamins' were being administered by the Barcelona medical staff.

While I have no major issue with Barcelona as a club or the way they play the game, you do get the feeling that in a few years, when some of the stars have retired, the stories will start to appear about their medical team.

Hopefully not though as IMO it would be disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Knex. wrote: »
    I think he'd be delighted with City. He'd love to ship out the likes of Toure, generate money + using City's already considerable wealth, and build a squad to his liking.

Would be like Christmas for him, if he felt he was going to be given a few years backing.

However, sacking Pellegrini, a clearly successful manager who also won the league for City last year, wouldn't inspire you with confidence that any manager going into City this summer will be afforded time and patience.

If he was going to get time then obviosusly it would probably be seen as his best option after a return to Liverpool if he is in the running for the job. I can though only see a situation where he oversees a big clear out in his first year, brings in some players and they have a relatively disappointing season by their new standards. That bigger picture is never taken into a account and if one of the managers that dont seem available this summer comes available he would be moved on.

I think it is especially hard for Rafa to form a bound with another fan base in England because of his known love for Liverpool. That faith from the fans can often keep a manager in a job beyond a disappointing first year if they are still behind him. While I think City fans will give him much more of a chance than the Chelsea ones did. I still think he would need to hit the ground running and win something early for them to really get behind him.

Rafa in.

Rafa out.
    Rafa shake it all about.

Video of the clap is here, if anyone is interested.

Don't know how they stayed so restrained, tbh.

Jesus. I'd have laid him out tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

brevity wrote: »
    While I have no major issue with Barcelona as a club or the way they play the game, you do get the feeling that in a few years, when some of the stars have retired, the stories will start to appear about their medical team.

Hopefully not though as IMO it would be disappointing.

Meh, it's elite sport.

• Advertisement

We have spent as much money or more on worse players.
    Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has told Liverpool he they would have to pay £20million to buy winger Yannick Bolasie.
    The DR Congo international is reported to be a target for Brendan Rodgers in the summer after impressing with Palace this season.
    A possible bid of £10million has been floated, but Pardew insists that is half the amount Bolasie is worth.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11544680/Liverpool-transfer-news-Yannick-Bolasie-given-20m-price-tag.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

And replaced with?

Better strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd rather play Ibe and Sinclair.

A big massive no to that one for me.

Markovic, Lallana, Sterling, Coutinho, Ibe. Even youth like Ojo coming through.

Then you add Origi to that, and potentially Ings. And we better sign a starting quality, not just potential, striker this summer too.

Bolasie just gets in the way. In the way of putting money towards quality to improve our 1st team. In the way of youth such as Ibe and Markovic. In the way of my bloody sanity.

£20m? Think of what €28m would get us on the continent.

Bolasie can just fuck right off.

Better strikers

Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Then you add Origi to that, and potentially Ings. And we better sign a starting quality, not just potential, striker this summer too.

Bolasie just gets in the way. In the way of putting money towards quality to improve our 1st team. In the way of youth such as Ibe and Markovic. In the way of my bloody sanity.

Why don't you just come out and tell us what your opinion of Bolasie is, instead of beating round the bushes all the time?:pac:

A starting quality striker would be top of the list for this summer. If nobody else was bought in, that striker would have to be the one brought in!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't sign him either and I do think £20m is about the right going price for him or a player like him

What it shows me if true is that once again the club goes in with a low ball offer for a player.

I wouldn't trust whoever buys the players with £28 let alone £28m at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Enner Valencia is a striker we should go for. Suits our style perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

MD1990 wrote: »
    Enner Valencia is a striker we should go for. Suits our style perfectly.

He'd cost a few bob too, he's not long into a 5 year contract.

Has he not only scored something like 5 goals this season too?

Meh, it's elite sport.

True.

Although the good doctor has his own controversies as well...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7324261/germany-dr-hans-wilhelm-muller-wohlfahrta-great-healer-quack-hyperactive-syringe

Injecting patients with loaded syringes of Actovegin (pronounced: act-o-VEE-gin) is viewed suspiciously in many global outposts and, while not banned, the substance remains on the radar of sports anti-doping bodies. Actovegin is not approved for use in either the United States or Canada. Of late, it's been in the news as central to the U.S. criminal case against Toronto-based sports doctor Anthony Galea, who has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of bringing unapproved substances, specifically Actovegin and human growth hormone, into the United States. Galea faces up 12 to 18 months' imprisonment at sentencing on Friday.

None of Muller-Wohlfahrt'swork in Munich has been peer-reviewed. Nor has he published any studies related to his use of Actovegin in any major medical journals. And that leaves people like Travis Tygart, the United States Anti-Doping Agency boss, calling Muller-Wohlfahrt's heavy dose of injections a "Frankenstein-type experiment." He is simply unable to accept that athletes dabble in substances not approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

"If you are truly motivated by the health of your populations, why wouldn't you want to spread that?" asks Tygart, referring to the lack of documented research. "I mean if you had a cure for cancer, you are too busy not to let the rest of the world have it? Come on. You're too busy making a profit off it to let the rest of the world have it. And you might have serious questions whether it would pass the smell test of the rest of the world.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement