Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gbear wrote: »
    An expensive experiment.

I'd take Falcao over being tortured to death but hopefully such a constraint won't be placed on our transfer committee.

It's a certain no no but Hopefully we can offload Mario though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Or realists. Both are garbage and won't be at the club for long, especially (and hopefully) if a new manager comes in.

You're a special sort of fan aren't you?

Funny how people who presumably have eyes in their head actually think mediocre sometimes terrible players would be a good buy. How much would anyone realistically spend on a busted flush like Falcoa even if his wages were acceptable? 15m? 20m? 25m? 30m?

Madness.

10m and less wages than Sterling and Sturridge. Anything else would be unaccompanied.

We experimented with Balotelli and it didn't work that's enough experimenting for me.

I wouldn't touch Falcao now.

I'm not saying sign Falcao, I'm saying i'd rather try something different than Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

You're a special sort of fan aren't you?

You still blaming Gerrard for how shyte Lovren is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'm not saying sign Falcao, I'm saying i'd rather try something different than Mario.

So we agree - buy Messi! :pac:

You still blaming Gerrard for how shyte Lovren is?

You're hoping for a new manager yet 5th place and an FA Cup win is still a very strong possible, forgive me if I think your opinion is worth as much as the **** my dog just left in my back yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think most of agree then to not signing Falcao :)

I will say I don't think Balotelli is the answer at all but just when it looked like he had come into sort of form and was working hard for the team he gets dropped.

That Balotelli is one I could live with at the club he worked harder and offered more of a threat than Sturridge has over the last dozen matches either have played in.

So we agree - buy Messi! :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPCuRKkjTrw_p7-EYjrm5rFMmqJSdJ3i619FyZj78YfQFR8FFhWQ

• Advertisement

You're hoping for a new manager yet 5th place and an FA Cup win is still a very strong possible, forgive me if I think your opinion is worth as much as the **** my dog just left in my back yard.

Ye that's great progress from last season, 5th place if we are lucky and a cup that stopped being relevant 10 years ago.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPCuRKkjTrw_p7-EYjrm5rFMmqJSdJ3i619FyZj78YfQFR8FFhWQ

Just to clear things up.

You'd prefer balotelli over Sturridge.

Just to clear things up.

You'd prefer balotelli over Sturridge.

Neither right now I'd take Sterling as our out and out striker till the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ye that's great progress from last season, 5th place if we are lucky and a cup that stopped being relevant 10 years ago.

Give over will ya ffs. Trophy winning seasons are always good.

Neither right now I'd take Sterling as our out and out striker till the end of the season.

Oh right, that clears it up.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Give over will ya ffs. Trophy winning seasons are always good.

Tell that to the Wigan fans.

• Advertisement

What do actually want as a football club fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I tell you who'd I'd have on the bench for the rest of the season - Samed Yesil. Since he came back a few weeks ago he has scored 4 goals I think.

They were relegated.....just like Liverpool eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They still had the memory of one of their best days in football. You can never take that away from them.

niallo27 wrote: »
    They still had the memory of one of their best days in football. You can never take that away from them.

Happy days with Blackpool in league 1.

I tell you who'd I'd have on the bench for the rest of the season - Samed Yesil. Since he came back a few weeks ago he has scored 4 goals I think.

If he can keep fit between now and the start of next season he could be the one to step up into the 4th striker role.

If he can put those injuries behind him mentally as well and not be afraid to go full on in every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Well that's it confirmed lads. Definitely out of the running for the league title this year.

The state of Falcao.

300k a week for that, not a hope. He's past his peak. He'll do well to get those wages anywhere else

The self entitlement is strong in this one.

If we beat Villa tomorrow, get Michael Owen back and training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Right lads,

Realistically can we get 4th this year. All we need is a city loss and draw to catch them. But I'm not sure we can catch them before seasons end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Or realists. Both are garbage and won't be at the club for long, especially (and hopefully) if a new manager comes in.

Garbage is harsh but the rest of the post is a distinct possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Vicxas wrote: »
    Right lads,

Realistically can we get 4th this year. All we need is a city loss and draw to catch them. But I'm not sure we can catch them before seasons end.

It's actually more like we need them to lose 3.

We're not going to win every game.

Catching them won't be the hard part. It'll be catching them and not falling behind again.

That was the problem last season. We didn't just need city to drop 12 pts or whatever the gap was - we needed to get something like 52 pts from 57 in the 2nd half of the season to make sure they stayed caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Stopped being relevant... tell that to the Arsenal side that won it last year. No one gives a crap about the side getting the 4th place "trophy" but win a cup and you're on the roll call for eternity.

We still go on about our treble in 2001 or Gerrard's 2006 final...trophies matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The self entitlement is strong in this one.

Stop accusing everyone you disagree with if being self entitled.

noodler wrote: »

A Liverpool fan who says 5th and an FA Cup win is a poor season is pathetic and self entitled and please don't tell me how to post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

noodler wrote: »

In fairness calling the cup irrelevant when we have won so little in the last few years is kind of that whole "we are Liverpool we deserve to win everything" attitude that at this stage is amazingly counter productive.

If we did manage to win the cup it would be massive for the mental development of our younger players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

who's injured and suspended for tomorrow match?

Stopped being relevant... tell that to the Arsenal side that won it last year. No one gives a crap about the side getting the 4th place "trophy" but win a cup and you're on the roll call for eternity.

We still go on about our treble in 2001 or Gerrard's 2006 final...trophies matter.

CL qualification matters a lot more than winning the FA Cup, moneywise and attracting the best players. Premiership survival means a lot more than winning the FA Cup, just ask any Wigan fan, who's team will be playing League 1 football next season. The FA Cup is grand to win but it's not a big thing anymore. As for the Gerrard final we had finished third that season so that and an FA Cup win is a good season IMO.

CL qualification matters a lot more than winning the FA Cup, moneywise and attracting the best players. Premiership survival means a lot more than winning the FA Cup, just ask any Wigan fan, who's team will be playing League 1 football next season. The FA Cup is grand to win but it's not a big thing anymore.

The FA Cup guarantees Europa League football which then in turn gives the opportunity to qualify for the champions league. Fans like you drive me ****ing insane, expecting top 4 every year despite the fact that it has happened once in 6 years. Expecting a title challenge every year despite the fact we have had 3 in 25 years.

The FA Cup guarantees Europa League football which then in turn gives the opportunity to qualify for the champions league. Fans like you drive me ****ing insane, expecting top 4 every year despite the fact that it has happened once in 6 years. Expecting a title challenge every year despite the fact we have had 3 in 25 years.

Nobody in this thread wants us to play in the EL next season except you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I do and anyone else with half a brain.

Well that's incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

You're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

TBH I've no problem with playing in the EL next season. It's another route to the CL and is a very valid cup in itself to compete for.

I'm not sure where the chip on the shoulder comes from towards it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Jon Stark wrote: »
    TBH I've no problem with playing in the EL next season. It's another route to the CL and is a very valid cup in itself to compete for.

Its probably not to bad if you drop into it after being in the Champions League but if you're in it at the start you have to play a load of qualifiers really early in the season.

So the FA Cup is shíte and so is the Europa. I presume the League cup too.

We won't be in the CL nest season and most likely won't be challengers for the league.

The club should be wound down tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The EL brought Sterling and Hendo along a lot. The were the right games at the right time. There's still a lot of young players there and a few more to come hopefully. If we don't get CL then EL has it's place, provided we have the rest of the squad right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

So....If we can't get 4th logically you'd rather we finish 7th /8th and win nothing.

Winning a trophy this season for a young team is a big leap. Success breeds success, Chelsea, Utd , City all did it.. why is it not good enough for us?

Liverpool FC exists to win trophies...All silverware counts. At the end of that squads careers no one is going to ask them show us your CL qualifications. ..its show us your medals.

Because we've won 1 European Cup in 31 years maybe? Because we used to be a huge deal in Europe?

I genuinely don't know so I'll just resort back to calling him a clueless, self entitled, something that would probably get me banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Because we've won 1 European Cup in 31 years maybe? Because we used to be a huge deal in Europe?

I genuinely don't know so I'll just resort back to calling him a clueless, self entitled, something that would probably get me banned.

Wait, who are we talking about? :confused: :P

• Advertisement

Wait, who are we talking about? :confused: :P

Tipsy McSwagger

And by the way, the thoughts of Thursday night football in outer Russia is horrible but if it helps our squad along while focusing our better and more important players on the league then I'm all for it.

I still think we'll push City very close for top 4 though.

Why did we do so well last season? Suarez and no EL distractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

We've had some great contests over the years arguably the best first half of football in villa's history 5 - 1 up at half time against the best team in England by a mile and perhaps in world football a match I was privileged to witness.

Villa have had some torrid times in the last 5 years so the semi for us is some much needed respite. I think the odds are in liverpools favour by about 60 / 40 so let's hope for a good game whatever the outcome.

As the man says:

'Pressure is working down the pit. Pressure is having no work at all. Pressure is trying to escape relegation on 50 shillings a week. Pressure is not the European Cup or the Championship or the Cup Final. That’s the reward.'

Why did we do so well last season? Suarez and no EL distractions.

Last season was a freak year and the sooner you and your ilk realise that the better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement