Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Someones had a shandy or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Last season was a freak year and the sooner you and your ilk realise that the better.

Your just a little keyboard warrior dishing out insults. The day you start speaking like the way you are to someone's face you'll get yourself a nice little surprise. Remember attack the post not the poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Why did we do so well last season? Suarez and no EL distractions.

But mostly Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"EL distraction" my árse, the players are inexperienced and clueless in European competition, playing in the EL next season will give them much needed experience. What's the point of qualifying for the CL only to get knocked out immediately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If the players and the manager want to get Liverpool back to being one of the top teams in Europe they need to get used to playing two games a week.

If the manager or the players are using playing in the EL as excuse for not doing well in the league they need to move on the club needs winners not excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Its probably not to bad if you drop into it after being in the Champions League but if you're in it at the start you have to play a load of qualifiers really early in the season.

The top 2 Europa League qualifiers (FA Cup winners + best league place, or best 2 league places if FA Cup winner in CL) go straight into the Europa Group stage from now on.
    Only the 'third' team will have to play two rounds of qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chit chat from the papers

Lucas tells the kids to wise up (guardian/observer)
    Skrtel has offer from Wolfsburg (mirror)
    Ings will only join if he gets playing time (pah!) (telegraph)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Only the 'third' team will have to play two rounds of qualifiers.

Even then they just replace a couple of pre season friendlies anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

garra wrote: »
    Well that's it confirmed lads. Definitely out of the running for the league title this year.

Now a quarter of a century since we've won the f**cking thing. Christ, that's depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Chit chat from the papers

Ings will only join if he gets playing time (pah!) (telegraph)

Probably guaranteed that with Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Love the bickering chums.

On a different note, who pissed on LVG'sLVG's cocopops. His bbc sport post match interview is lol, his jimmies are rustled.

Can't link, phone is being a cunce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tipsy's attitude is proper 21st century Sky Sports football. I mean, writing off the FA Cup is ridiculous. Unless Brendan Rodgers wins the league, he's a failure!!

It's also the attitude of the internet. Somebody who doesn't go to matches, doesn't get the excitement of Wembley. We're all obsessed about fourth place in the league.

I want to win a bloody trophy. It's what I expect Liverpool to do. Liverpool are about winning.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    So the FA Cup is shíte and so is the Europa. I presume the League cup too.

We won't be in the CL nest season and most likely won't be challengers for the league.

The club should be wound down tbh

It's actually unbelievable the attitude of some fans. I don't understand what they get out of football. Rodgers has no chance when it comes to that type of attitude.

It made me laugh (or despair) when the anti Rafa brigade were in force. To want a man who won us a European Cup, got us to another final, won us the FA Cup and had us playing Champions League football every season whilst picking up some unbelievable results and memories, to be sacked is just bizarre.

I just don't understand what some fans want from Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Your just a little keyboard warrior dishing out insults. The day you start speaking like the way you are to someone's face you'll get yourself a nice little surprise. Remember attack the post not the poster.

I'm far from a keyboard warrior and I fail to see where I've attacked you, I've commented on your posts and told you how ridiculous they are.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Tipsy's attitude is proper 21st century Sky Sports football. I mean, writing off the FA Cup is ridiculous. Unless Brendan Rodgers wins the league, he's a failure!!

It's also the attitude of the internet. Somebody who doesn't go to matches, doesn't get the excitement of Wembley. We're all obsessed about fourth place in the league.

I want to win a bloody trophy. It's what I expect Liverpool to do. Liverpool are about winning.

Excellent post and describes a lot of people posting in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Looks to be a little rattled.

I wish Rafa Benitez the best but his time has passed and now we should focus on The Rodgers.

Hopefully Brendan gets us to cup final and we get a win, so he gets the applauds that he actually deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

and lads slate rodgers interviews,thats embarrasing

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I wish Rafa Benitez the best but his time has passed and now we should focus on The Rodgers.

Hopefully Brendan gets us to cup final and we get a win, so he gets the applauds that he actually deserves.

Yeah I don't mean to start another Rafa debate, I only brought him up because I don't understand what Liverpool fans want. Last year for example seemed to almost annoy some fans just because Rodgers was in charge and he was proving them wrong.

Some fans want to be proven right over their team winning. It's internet forum football.

and lads slate rodgers interviews,thats embarrasing

Nothing wrong with that in fairness. He's frustrated with Chelsea's tactics and he's got a Sky Sports arsehole interviewing him.

Yeah I don't mean to start another Rafa debate, I only brought him up because I don't understand what Liverpool fans want. Last year for example seemed to almost annoy some fans just because Rodgers was in charge and he was proving them wrong.

Some fans want to be proven right over their team winning. It's internet forum football.

You're dead right, Its hard to please everyone.

You're dead right, Its hard to please everyone.

It's impossible to please people with unrealistic expectations who would also rather not be pleased so they can say they were right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Spot on. Thing is, if sky had coverage of the FA Cup, it'd be the greatest cup ever and more important than winning old big ears for a 6th time.
    For me, if we can't win the league, I want the next best thing. Win a cup.
    Kinda miss the days when only the champions went to Europe. It meant a lot more than oh, here's a reward for finishing fourth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Man, i like van gaal. he cuts through the bull****. Big thick head on the ****er. The sky after match questions are always idiotic.

• Advertisement

See you have jumped in and started to talk nonsense. I have been to plenty of matches, done the day trip on the ferry with IK, seen us lose to Chelsea to hand them the league, get beaten 1-3 by Villa twice and beat City last year amongst a load of other games (Man City last April was my last game) but the days of cheap flights & hotels are gone so it's too expensive to go these days. So don't presume I don't go to matches.

I never said I thought we should have won the league this season and I never thought we would. I expected a decent season with CL qualification the number 1 priority, a good showing in Europe, and finally a good run in the FA Cup would be a nice bonus.

I expected progress. That doesn't mean winning the league or winning anything in Europe. I would happily settle for 4th place as long as the manager and team were going in the right direction, and I would settle for it again next season.

But this season has been a complete disaster overseen by a manager clearly out of his depth, and coming 5th if we are lucky and winning the FA Cup doesn't change the fact the season has been a massive disappointment.

Those are my opinions. I realise I'm in the minority every time I post and know I face a backlash, but I don't care to be honest. I'd rather give my honest opinion than hide away.

Ridiculous long post full of nonsense

So if something happened and results fell our way and we somehow manage to catch and overtake City you would admit that you were wrong and the manager who guided us to 2nd last season isn't in fact "out of his depth"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Man, i like van gaal. he cuts through the bull****. Big thick head on the ****er. The sky after match questions are always idiotic.

That part would get me if I was a manager, same questions week in, week out, eventually your gonna not be in the humour of it....

Especially after losing 1-0 to Chelsea.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

See you have jumped in and started to talk nonsense. I have been to plenty of matches, done the day trip on the ferry with IK, seen us lose to Chelsea to hand them the league, get beaten 1-3 by Villa twice and beat City last year amongst a load of other games (Man City last April was my last game) but the days of cheap flights & hotels are gone so it's too expensive to go these days. So don't presume I don't go to matches.

I never said I thought we should have won the league this season and I never thought we would. I expected a decent season with CL qualification the number 1 priority, a good showing in Europe, and finally a good run in the FA Cup would be a nice bonus.

I expected progress. That doesn't mean winning the league or winning anything in Europe. I would happily settle for 4th place as long as the manager and team were going in the right direction, and I would settle for it again next season.

But this season has been a complete disaster overseen by a manager clearly out of his depth, and coming 5th if we are lucky and winning the FA Cup doesn't change the fact the season has been a massive disappointment.

Those are my opinions. I realise I'm in the minority every time I post and know I face a backlash, but I don't care to be honest. I'd rather give my honest opinion than hide away.

Last season was freakish and Liverpool almost got the ultimate reward. Chelsea were not as strong as this year, ditto utd. Both of these allowed Liverpool finish higher.

Imo Liverpool over achieved last season. Therefore progress was going to be no easy feat.
    A cup would be a great fillup, for an inexperienced manager and a lot of young players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

There's loads of ways at looking at this. I like Rodgers so I'm going to say it this way:

Take the 3rd best player in the world out of the squad in the summer and one of the greatest players in the clubs history pretty much 6 months later and leave mostly young or new players in the squad. Throw on top of that unwanted players forced on the manager from a committee and I'm saying he's done good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is Doughboy back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Right on brother. I feel Tipsy's soul on a couple of points, certainly it's been a disappointing season. But an FA Cup would elevate it.

Remember that if we don't win a cup Rodgers will be the first Liverpool manager to last three initial seasons without silverware. Something we'd all prefer was avoided I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Do winning cups equate to attracting a higher quality player?

Over focusing on 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is Doughboy back?

Maybe.

Let's be sarcastic to him and see if his head explodes.:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that in fairness. He's frustrated with Chelsea's tactics and he's got a Sky Sports arsehole interviewing him.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    That part would get me if I was a manager, same questions week in, week out, eventually your gonna not be in the humour of it....

Especially after losing 1-0 to Chelsea.... :)

People pay hard earned money to watch sky, interviews are part of the deal.
    He's frustrated not over Chelseas tactics but over his inability to better them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »
    Do winning cups equate to attracting a higher quality player?

Over focusing on 4th.

We've a much better chance of winning a cup than we have of getting 4th so we should be doing everything in our power to win the FA cup.

This mentality I've been seeing round here of not being arsed about winning things reminds me of a few Spurs fans I know irl and nobody wants that ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

At this point we've already put 90% of the effort into winning the FA cup - having a difficult fixture list while we still had other cup commitments probably hurt us at the time, but now we've got nothing to lose.

Going for the FA cup all guns blazing in no way reduces our chance of getting 4th.

If anything, with City's form being very ropey, having a bit of positivity could tip things in our favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I want a bloody trophy!

4th is great but it's all but gone now so a trophy matters, so we go all out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

It's going to be a very tough game, villa very dangerous on the brake. A afternoon behind the couch is on the card's. 2-1 pool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gbear wrote: »
    At this point we've already put 90% of the effort into winning the FA cup - having a difficult fixture list while we still had other cup commitments probably hurt us at the time, but now we've got nothing to lose.

Going for the FA cup all guns blazing in no way reduces our chance of getting 4th.

If anything, with City's form being very ropey, having a bit of positivity could tip things in our favour.

Exactly win today and it will be a positive run in till the end of the season were you never know what could happen. Lose today because we are favourites and things will get ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lucas injured again ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

"EL distraction" my árse, the players are inexperienced and clueless in European competition, playing in the EL next season will give them much needed experience. What's the point of qualifying for the CL only to get knocked out immediately?

Has there been any team in the past few years who've had EL and pushed on in the league?? To my mind teams who play in EL, especially away games, struggle in the league the following weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Why can Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd & City play in the CL year in year and challenge for the title & top 4 yet teams who play in the EL use that as excuse for not doing well in the league?

Liverpool & Spurs have as big a squad and have spent as much money as the above teams over the last ten years yet the EL is blamed because you have to play Thursday/Sunday instead of Wednesday/Saturday.

If we want to get back to being a top team again we need to be able to play twice a week it's that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Doesn't seem rattled to me. Not in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lille v Bordeaux 1 PM

Origi sub, Ilori starts but as the left centre back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has there been any team in the past few years who've had EL and pushed on in the league?? To my mind teams who play in EL, especially away games, struggle in the league the following weekend.

Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

As an outsider looking in, I think Europa League would be great for Liverpool next season. Having such a young squad and manager means that it can be used to gain a lot of European experience.

Also, it would be great for bringing on the talented youngsters; the likes of Ibe, Wisdom, Origi, Markovic, Ilori etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Re the LVG video, I think it's actually a BBC commentator that's asking the questions if that makes any difference to anyone.

BTW I'm not sure why the vid is being posted in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Does anyone know of any deals with BT,can't get to a pub today and don't fancy paying €21 a month with the season nearly over.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Isn't it just great the amount of disrespect Gerrard is getting in the FA Cup thread from so called LFC fans? I hope he has a stormer today and sickens so many people in that thread. Gerrard is a legend that only has a few games left to play for us, the man should be treated like a king.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement