Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Another season, another failure. I'm not going to hop on the 'Rodgers out' bandwagon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Henry sacks him in June and goes all out for Klopp, though I doubt he'd be mad enough to take the job.

It's no secret that we've regressed from last season, and I'm just not convinced that Rodgers can take us further. Aside from Sturridge and Coutinho, he hasn't lit up the transfer market, and if I were Henry, I'd be worried with him spending another £50m+ of my own money, this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jenno86 wrote: »
    Klopp in? :pac:

We can't get him.

But if we could, it's be a no brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yes please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Brilliant to see Gerrard start.

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well deserved by Villa to be fair. Pool always go to pieces in games like this. Lack of leadership, no determination, and no direction from the bench.

You have to wonder how long Rodgers has left.. the slide from last season has been shocking. I know Suarez is a truly amazing player but there's 10 other lads out there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Terrible performance. Disjointed and just cant create decent chances. Midfielders playing in defence, midfielders playing upfront and yet the midfielders playing in the centre of the park are getting dominated every match we play almost.

Its just truly shocking we spent 20+ plus on markovic who is so bad he continually gets subbed at half time. Almost 85m on the likes of markovic, Louvren Moreno, and Balotelli is very hard to take.Another few years of clearing deadwood ahead.

Rodgers team selections and bizzare subs are making it worse to boot. Why wait on 90th minute to bring on lambert. The drop in form since the united match is very worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

such a let down,zero to take from that,thank fcuk it wasnt on yesterday is the only positive i can think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Unacceptable from Rodgers. Hard to know where to go from here.

He'd be crazy to take the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Klopp out

Klopp all about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Terrible, terrible performance, but the over-riding problems were trying to accommodate Gerrard and not having a decent striker (no, Balotelli doesn't count). The good thing is that when we lose Gerrard and Balotelli and sign a proper striker we might actually be able to put out a functional team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Morzadec wrote: »
    In work so I didn't get to see the game and I'm not sure how it went, but to me the decision to bring on a wildcard, unpredictable player who can often make you feel as if you are playing with 10 men when we are 1-1 at half-time against a team we should have the beating of seems like a bizarre and unnecessary risk.

As I said, didn't see the game - maybe Balotelli did okay, but I stand by my appraisal that at the time the decision is a crazy and unnecessary one, and I would like to know what on earth Rodgers' thought-process behind it was

We were being mullered all over the pitch and had absolutely nothing playing in an attacking role, it was a decent decision to put pressure and occupy Villas centre halves, Mario did fine, the least of our worries in that 90 minutes of squalor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Starting with 10 was always going to be a problem, hopefully that's the end of Gerrards career, a truly pathetic performance from the man who was supposed to stand up and lead the rest of the team.

To be fair I couldn't tell you one player who had a good game today for Liverpool. We all have our favourites that we like to blame but the whole team was very, very poor today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That was nothing short of a disgrace.

Villa should've won by at least 3.

No balls in that team whatsoever. Villa put it to them, and they failed.

I'm not at all convinced by Henderson as our next captain either. Went hiding.

And Balotelli was fine. Yes he was offside a bit, but he was making runs. When he got it to feet he made things happen. He just had zero going on behind him.

A lot of tough questions that Rodgers will have to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Unacceptable from Rodgers. Hard to know where to go from here.

Probably get train back to Liverpool/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'll bow out of this thread for a while. People calling for the managers head can only be discribed as idiots. We did the same thing with Rafa, fans turning on him because of some ludicrous sense of entitlement and not realising than in general the manager is over performing.

Those who want him gone will be very disappointed in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Rodgers out is fairly premature also. Has at least one more season with LFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

kfallon wrote: »
    Perfectly put

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 1m1 minute ago Liverpool lose big games because they don't have the mentality or the ruthless to deal with them. It's that simple.

1 league and 2 cup semi finals bottled in 12 months :(

CL exit, Europa exit, United/Arsenal games. We just haven't for the most part performed in the crunch games at all this season.

Hmmmm.

We've had plenty of performances as poor as that when Gerrard has been out of the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Officially a poor season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He'd be crazy to take the job.

Perfect job for him. Huge club that can only improve really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rossie1977 wrote: »
    first liverpool manager since the 1950s to go his first 3 seasons at the club without a trophy, incredible when you think the amount of money he has blown in the meantime.

Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Perfect end to a gutless season.

I like Rodgers, but he just can not get the players inspired for big games, we're coming up short all the time. There's no will to win in the team.

I'm not calling for him to be sacked, but i wouldn't expect there to be many complaints if he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Beat me to it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

kfallon wrote: »
    Perfectly put

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 1m1 minute ago Liverpool lose big games because they don't have the mentality or the ruthless to deal with them. It's that simple.

1 league and 2 cup semi finals bottled in 12 months :(

They don't have the tactics, the players, the quality or the balance to deal with them.

Absolute braindead garbage from Barrett.

The only deficiency in our mentality is Rodgers thinking that Liverpool should be subservient to the whims of an over-the-hill legend at the expense of the club as a whole.
    Belief isn't going to conjour a striker out of thin air or turn Henderson and Allen into supermen who can do the job of 3.

One thing I would agree with about Rodgers not having the profile is that maybe a bigger name with more clout wouldn't have had to pander to Gerrard to the same degree.
    He should barely have featured this season. He's a complete liability.

He'll play when it's asked of him. It's up to the manager to do what's best for the club and he's failed at that and tarnished Gerrard's reputation in the process.

That's the biggest crime of Rodgers' reign so far.

That's about principles though. It's not why we're 5th. It's maybe a factor why we're out of the FA cup but we wern't going to beat Arsenal in a month of Sundays anyway so I don't think it makes a huge difference.

• Advertisement

Not fair to just blame Gerrard tho....Rodger's had a shocker today. Kept chopping and changing in an effort to keep Gerrard on the pitch. Shocking lack of balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

We just seem to (and have for quite some time) be lacking players that play with their heart on their sleeves. What id give to have Carragher and Kuyt back.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Rodgers out is fairly premature also. Has at least one more season with LFC.

I think he has till Christmas next year max. If it looked like we weren't getting CL, he'd be gone.

Wouldn't be surprised if FSG pull the trigger before the summer though. This season has been an absolute shocker.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Hodgson

No, it only felt like Hodgson spent three years at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gbear wrote: »
    They don't have the tactics, the players, the quality or the balance to deal with them

and villa do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I can accept been beaten but not in that gutless, spinless and passionless way. An attitude that was exemplified by the manager leaving that has been Gerrard on the pitch for 90 mins.

If someone wants to spend £40m on sterling in the summer take it and run.
    Allen is half the player delph is.
    Moreno brutal.
    Skrtel and lovren were given the run around by benteke.
    Markovic has a long way to go to justify that price tag.
    Can tried and had a bit of passion at least but he has ran his course playing at the back.
    Henderson was poor but he always is when Gerrard plays.

I'm just so angry and disgusted after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Other that the Klopp in comment, there isn't exactly a bunch here calling for his head? Saying that you would like a superior and proven manager onboard over Rodgers isn't exactly irrational or baying for bloody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Bizarre starting 11 choice by Rodgers .

Mr Alan wrote: »
    We've had plenty of performances as poor as that when Gerrard has been out of the side.

For sure. See my next post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I think he has till Christmas next year max. If it looked like we weren't getting CL, he'd be gone.

Wouldn't be surprised if FSG pull the trigger before the summer though. This season has been an absolute shocker.

If they are going to pull the trigger do it asap to give a new manager a chance to get to know the players and his presence felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Probably get train back to Liverpool/

Some of them should be getting the train to somewhere far, far away from Liverpool.

Other that the Klopp in comment, there isn't exactly a bunch here calling for his head? Saying that you would like a superior and proven manager onboard over Rodgers isn't exactly irrational or baying for bloody.

I wouldn't call for his head, because I don't think there are many good managers out there who would take the job, should it arise. I honestly can't see Klopp signing for us. He'd have a lot of work to do and I think he deserves a job like the Germany manager, rather than another long-term project like us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Balotelli was the one who shun, even though he only played second half.
    We never put together any decent moves, it all broke down to often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

For sure. See my next post.

Posting for the future..... :eek: :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

All this nonsense about Rodgers not being able to get the players up for big games. Are the players absolute ****ing idiots who don't realise how big the games are themselves? They are being made out to be a bunch of 7 year old kids who don't know what they do for a living.

It's not Rodgers fault that Gerrard let Delph run off him for the 2nd goal, it's not Rodgers fault that the defence couldn't handle Benteke, it's not Rodgers fault that Villa completely dominated midfield. Blaming him is the easy way out being taken by idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

So it begins and Meltdown Monday not here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Hodgson

He barely got 3 months! thankfully!

Awful performance. No one stood up to be counted. Lot of blame to be attached to the manager. It's ok to say he is reacting quickly by changing formation, but how about trying to start with the right f***ing one! That's Swansea, Utd, Arsenal and Villa who have had 3 at the back sorted out.

Gerrard a passenger, I'd be curious to know if he'd have started ahead of Allen if Lucas had been fit.

Mario was as good as any player in yellow (a very appropriate colour for that performance).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I'll bow out of this thread for a while. People calling for the managers head can only be discribed as idiots. We did the same thing with Rafa, fans turning on him because of some ludicrous sense of entitlement and not realising than in general the manager is over performing.

Those who want him gone will be very disappointed in the summer.

Ah the superfan mentality doesnt take long to turn up after games like this either. You are burying your head in the sand if you are anything but not concerned about the alarming regression we have made this season vs last.

Not many calling for rodgers head but rightly expressing bitter disappointment expensive signings getting outplayed by relegation threatened teams yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Grayditch wrote: »
    Now we finally can concentrate on the race for 5th.

Yip. City winning earlier & Spurs drawing at the moment. The race for 5th is what we deserve at this moment in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Balotelli was our best attacker today. Should just give him a run of games now.

Kirby wrote: »
    Posting for the future..... :eek: :P

I meant the post after the one Alan quoted but before the one you quoted. Oh my head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

All this nonsense about Rodgers not being able to get the players up for big games. Are the players absolute ****ing idiots who don't realise how big the games are themselves? They are being made out to be a bunch of 7 year old kids who don't know what they do for a living.

It's not Rodgers fault that Gerrard let Delph run off him for the 2nd goal, it's not Rodgers fault that the defence couldn't handle Benteke, it's not Rodgers fault that Villa completely dominated midfield. Blaming him is the easy way out being taken by idiots.

It pretty much was today actually - not two but three tactical changes, none of which worked. Players playing out of position, nothing up front. I'd say he needs to take this one on the chin himself and not bemoan individual performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Gbear you have gone from me reading your post thinking they were fairly balanced, rational and grounded to absolute looney bin stuff. Now its conspiracy theory stuff about Gerrard despite Rodgers knowing he is leaving next season he still picks him because of his stature, wtf. How far are you willing to bend things to always defend Rodgers? Is Johnson's profile also the reason Rodgers keeps picking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That was bad really bad. Never looked like scoring after going a goal down. Not that Lambert is the answer but at least give him 10 minutes to try and make an impact. I wouldn't usually be too bothered about the fa cup but I think it was far more important this year the way things have gone. Villa deserved the win.

• Advertisement

When it gets to the stage where people are criticising the performance of nearly every player, it has to fall on the manager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement