Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is anyone buying the 'we'?

+£1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Honestly today it looked like the team didn't give a f*** at all no hunger or passion at all on display. The next few weeks will be big for BR if he wants to keep his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Klopp is most likely off to City, would be a change to see the owners actually go for a big name for once though.
    City turned down Klopp in 2013 apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Even this interview is flat.. going on and on about how Villa were better but no answers

A normal interview with a manager then. Don't read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Honestly today it looked like the team didn't give a f*** at all no hunger or passion at all on display. The next few weeks will be big for BR if he wants to keep his job.

Don't really think a few games with nothing left to play for will change many opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

NukaCola wrote: »
    Are people being serious with Klopp coming in?

As in sacking Rodgers oh him coming to Liverpool.

MD1990 wrote: »
    City turned down Klopp in 2013 apparently.

He'll have a pick of top teams to choose from. Why would he choose LFC? We have a lot to offer sure but there are a host of reasons to avoid the job.

niallo27 wrote: »
    As in sacking Rodgers oh him coming to Liverpool.

I understand people wanting the manager out but I dont agree with them. What i meant though, was why would Klopp come here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He'll have a pick of top teams to choose from. Why would he choose LFC? We have a lot to offer sure but there are a host of reasons to avoid the job.

Club like Liverpool would suit his ego though. What other options would he have in England besides liverpool.

• Advertisement

Last season when we had one of the most in-form strikers in the world??

And Rodgers had nothing to do with that? Did Sturridge also not contribute to that season?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

klose wrote: »
    I think klopp being available on a free (well think dortmund will be due compensation i heard but anyways..) will make fsg reevaluate things sooner this season. Are they happy to give rodgers more money? I cant imagine they will want to be giving him much money when they look at the list of players hes brought in, certainly wont be attracting any big names this summer either, think the possibility of klopp coming in will appeal to em big time.

Even if they decide to stick with Rodgers you'd like to think FSG will have been savvy enough to sound out Klopp as to whether he'd have any interest. As you say it may just make them think a bit more on a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

murpho999 wrote: »
    And Rodgers had nothing to do with that? Did Sturridge also not contribute to that season?

No, it was Dalglish who signed him. Sturridge got a ton more space when defenders had to deal with Suarez plus him. Also Sturridge seems to have turnt to glass.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Even this interview is flat.. going on and on about how Villa were better but no answers
    Could this be the writing on the wall for him. Doesn't sound too good at all.

Perfectly fine interview with no bull......like 95% of all managers post match interviews. What do you expect him to do after losing another SemiFinal this season?

On the other side of it, what clubs will be coming for Klopp? He's a great manager but he's had an awful season and not many big clubs look like losing their managers anyway.

No, it was Dalglish who signed him. Sturridge got a ton more space when defenders had to deal with Suarez plus him. Also Sturridge seems to have turnt to glass.

Banging them in under Kenny was he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I understand people wanting the manager out but I dont agree with them. What i meant though, was why would Klopp come here.

Does he really have the pick of clubs after this season? Even if he does, who beyond City is looking for a manager in the clubs you would consider he would go to before Liverpool? PSG maybe. I don't think the managermerrygoround will be in full swing this summer.

On the other side of it, what clubs will be coming for Klopp? He's a great manager but he's had an awful season and not many big clubs look like losing their managers anyway.

I would bet a lot of teams would make space for him if needed.

Don't understand how people want Klopp based on his past performances whilst ignoring Rodgers'. This season Klopp's Dortmund are in 9th place on 36 points after 29 games. If that happened to Rodgers there would be uproar even if he had won the league last season.

Banging them in under Kenny was he?

Doesn't it take a season to get used to the pace etc of the prem? Or is that just reserved for players who are flopping this season??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lets be honest most of us fans new what Villa's game plan was going to be before the game you have to ask why the manager of the club we support couldn't see it and why changing the formation 5 times during the game he couldn't come up with one to counter Villa.

I have said it before his in game tactics are terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Johnson has been injured for large parts of the season. I would hazard a guess that he has started well over 80% of games in which he has been fit. Even when he was stinking the place out week after week he only came out of the team earlier in the season when injured and it was forced on Rodgers. At least in my eyes Gerrard still cares, he just doesn't have the ability or football attributes any longer. ****ing Glen Johnson hasnt cared about playing for this club for a couple of seasons and it is a disgrace that he still getting a game here.

Gerrard probably cares more than anyone in the world.

I don't give a ****. I want to win football matches and for all his will to win Gerrard cannot function at this level.

Johnson may or may not give a **** but 1) you're "hazarding a guess" - why don't you actually find out for a fact instead before trying to make the point and 2) he's had a few half-decent games anyway - not relative to a good RB maybe but relative to the other options we have that aren't wing backs.

Gerrard is a bad option in all circumstances. Glen Johnson is sometimes the least worst option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Who could he go to in the PL? City apparently don't want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

All this nonsense about Rodgers not being able to get the players up for big games. Are the players absolute ****ing idiots who don't realise how big the games are themselves? They are being made out to be a bunch of 7 year old kids who don't know what they do for a living.

It's not Rodgers fault that Gerrard let Delph run off him for the 2nd goal *1, it's not Rodgers fault that the defence couldn't handle Benteke *2, it's not Rodgers fault that Villa completely dominated midfield *3. Blaming him is the easy way out being taken by idiots.*4

*1 - Who made the decision to start Gerrard?
    *2 - Who signs and coaches our defenders?
    *3 - Who signs and coaches our midfielders, and see *1?
    *4 - Who is the idiot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Also Sturridge seems to have turnt to glass.

Physically impossible.

And you think that Rodgers had nothing to do with playing the correct system to get the best out of Suarez or something in trainig to imporve his game?

Also you we doing Sturridge some serious disservice as he created some great goals for himself last year. Even when Suarez wasn't playing.

Physically impossible.

It's physically impossible for someone to SEEM to have turned to glass??

Doesn't it take a season to get used to the pace etc of the prem? Or is that just reserved for players who are flopping this season??

He was at LFC for 18 months before he started hitting some kind of form. It took BR another season on top of that to get the best out of him so 2 and a half seasons?

Its post like yours that are so unfair. BR takes all the blame but cant take any credit.

And you think that Rodgers had nothing to do with playing the correct system to get the best out of Suarez or something in trainig to imporve his game?

Also you we doing Sturridge some serious disservice as he created some great goals for himself last year. Even when Suarez wasn't playing.

How's he done this season without Suarez??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Physically impossible.

Not true. He's been in enough pane this season for it to be a possibility.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Who could he go to in the PL? City apparently don't want him.

Who said he'd even come to the EPL?

• Advertisement

He was at LFC for 18 months before he started hitting some kind of form. It took BR another season on top of that to get the best out of him so 2 and a half seasons?

Its post like yours that are so unfair. BR takes all the blame but cant take any credit.

BR only takes credit!!! Have you ever seen him interviewed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    Not true. He's been in enough pane this season for it to be a possibility.

Get your coat.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's physically impossible for someone to SEEM to have turned to glass??

No it's physically impossible to turn to glass. If someone thinks it seems like they have, that's just stupidity on their part because it's not physically possible.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

garra wrote: »
    *1 - Who made the decision to start Gerrard?
    *2 - Who signs and coaches our defenders?
    *3 - Who signs and coaches our midfielders, and see *1?
    *4 - Who is the idiot?
    This. Rodgers paid the price today for getting emotional and leaving Gerrard graze on the grass of Wembley today for 90 minutes. Today wasn't a day for that kind of rubbish, it was a day to win a game and get to the next game where he stood to win his first trophy for Liverpool. He paid the price for that.

He should know at this stage that if he wants to win games against good counter attacking sides he should not play Gerrard in midfield. He should also know at this stage of the season that playing a) either Johnson or Lovren is a recipe for disaster and b) playing both at the same time results in a terrible defensive performance. Johnson not only cannot defend but also doesn't care and this has been proven time and time again.

While I have had faith in Rodgers and was delighted with some of his work, his decision making, and his inability to get his team to perform in big games, is placing big question marks over his head. It'd be great to say that next year he won't even be able to start Johnson & Gerrard but he should know better at this stage

Like when we got Suarez under the radar due to very few clubs that window being the market for a striker and his questionabke temperament. It could be a summer when Kloop is gettable due to his poor recent season and a lack of other opportunities available.

I would still prefer Rafa :P but I would live with Kloop. I won't be massively disappointed to give Rodgers another season as long as the wait and see approach isn't adopted because it is pointless keeping him without the funds to bolster the striking options.

BR only takes credit!!! Have you ever seen him interviewed??

Stop trying to shift the conversation. I'm talking about your post.

You give him no credit for last season. You have given Sturridge no credit. You are saying Suarez is the only reason we had a great season last season which is so simplistic its a typical "barstooler" comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Delph showed today that he could do a job in our midfield, don't think Villa will consider selling him in the summer now.

Are you talking about Suarez? He was animal from day one. It took him a long while to find his finishing boots but to say it took him 18 months to find some kind of form is a gross mistelling of the truth.

Talisman wrote: »
    Delph showed today that he could do a job in our midfield, don't think Villa will consider selling him in the summer now.

Our midfield is ****e, anyone half decent would look good in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need a R B not a B R .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I won't be massively disappointed to give Rodgers another season as long as the wait and see approach isn't adopted because it is pointless keeping him without the funds to bolster the striking options.

if you were fsg would you trust a guy who has spent millions on borini, lambert, balotelli, alberto and aspas as striking options this past 3 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Don't understand how people want Klopp based on his past performances whilst ignoring Rodgers'. This season Klopp's Dortmund are in 9th place on 36 points after 29 games. If that happened to Rodgers there would be uproar even if he had won the league last season.

You know what, I don't think that fans are basing everything on this season.

Have a look at what Dortmund have won in the past 6/7 years under Klopp.

Are you talking about Suarez? He was animal from day one. It took him a long while to find his finishing boots but to say it took him 18 months to find some kind of form is a gross mistelling of the truth.

I thought it was obvious i was talking about goal scoring form but maybe not. I was of course talking about going from 21 goals in 52 under Kenny to 61 goals from 81 games under BR.

Not saying BR made him, just that there should be absolutely no question that BR set the team up to his strengths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

klose wrote: »

God dammit,I was hoping I'd never have to see that "shot" again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We did score to level it
    It was onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if you were fsg would you trust a guy who has spent millions on borini, lambert, balotelli, alberto and aspas as striking options this past 3 years...

Alberto is a midfielder and didn't really get a chance, there was rumours that the player was homesick.

rossie1977 wrote: »

I was in the middle of replying with a case for the defense but stopped and realised the simple answer is No.

If FSG don't trust Rodgers then they should sack him, not just shorten his funds.

The signings we made under BR is my biggest concern. Just cant really comprehend the waste of funds. I know transfers are tricky, some will come good later than others, every transfer is a risk etc etc but our success rate if there is such a thing, is absolutely brutal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement