Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

Depressing performance. The squad is pretty **** but Rodgers has to take a large portion of the blame here, for somehow actually getting them to underperform relative to their mediocre ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Alberto is a midfielder and didn't really get a chance, there was rumours that the player was homesick.

Great for a lift on a night out though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Since FSG have come in they have'nt appointed any world class managers and they have'nt signed any world class players*, they have shown no desire on multiple occasions to pay over the odds to get either of the above and have stated that going forward we are to be a 'development club', buying 'cheap' and then developing that potential.

And yet there are people here almost expecting us to go after Klopp?

I'll put it this way, i'd be shocked beyond belief if we were to sack BR and appoint Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Alberto is a midfielder and didn't really get a chance, there was rumours that the player was homesick.

You can go through them individually making excuses for most of them. Aside from the fact Alberto is a midfielder it is still a disgraceful list of strikers to have bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

NukaCola wrote: »
    The signings we made under BR is my biggest concern. Just cant really comprehend the waste of funds. I know transfers are tricky, some will come good later than others, every transfer is a risk etc etc but our success rate if there is such a thing, is absolutely brutal.

Yep-it's incredible the amount of money we've squandered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great for a lift on a night out though

So is mdma.

Since FSG have come in they have'nt appointed any world class managers and they have'nt signed any world class players*, they have shown no desire on multiple occasions to pay over the odds to get either of the above and have stated that going forward we are to be a 'development club', buying 'cheap' and then developing that potential.

And yet there are people here almost expecting us to go after Klopp?

I'll put it this way, i'd be shocked beyond belief if we were to sack BR and appoint Klopp.

Lovren 20m. No potential.
    Lallana 23m. Hard to say if he'll get better.
    Mario. 16m. Write off.
    Markovic 20m. Might have a promising future.

Nothing cheap about the above 4. We could have possibly saved 80m for all they contributed this season if i was being harsh. We overpaid for all and with the exception of Markovic, not much more potential there.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Yep-it's incredible the amount of money we've squandered.

You would wonder how long we can afford that kind of waste before it seriously jeopardises our long term ambitions of competing at the top.

You can go through them individually making excuses for most of them. Aside from the fact Alberto is a midfielder it is still a disgraceful list of strikers to have bought.

I wouldn't disagree that Rodgers has bought poor strikers but he has also brought Sturridge in.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't disagree that Rodgers has bought poor strikers but he has also brought Sturridge in.

By all accounts and I'm going going back to find this, he didn't want Sturridge.

By all accounts and I'm going going back to find this, he didn't want Sturridge.

I'd like to see that also.

Would have been great to have an FA cup final to look forward to, not sure has Gerrard played in the cup games to date when fit but regardless playing him today at Wembley didn't seem a woeful idea a few hours ago. Pity for his last season to pan out like this for him.

The last handful of PL games to come.... Than the summer transfer window... I'm more than a bit deflated tbh after today's match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Augeo wrote: »
    Would have been great to have an FA cup final to look forward to, not sure has Gerrard played in the cup games to date when fit but regardless playing him today at Wembley didn't seem a woeful idea a few hours ago. Pity for his last season to pan out like this for him.

The last handful of PL games to come.... Than the summer transfer window... I'm more than a bit deflated tbh after today's match.

Yeah. Feeling very lethargic now. Nothing to look forward to till August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I don't think that stuff should be taken in account. Besides the fact it is conjecture from an that idiot Tony whateveryoucallhim. If you start going down that road you need to give him a pass on Balo. No matter how we have ended up with these players through the manager and committee they are the players signed while he has been manager and he needs to be judged on them as a collective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Gutted...by the result and performance

Don't think I can say much more

I'd like to see that also.

Borini/Lambert/Mario have 8 goals combined this season. 30m spent there. BR bought every one and with our main striker basically missing the entire season, he did not give them regular games.

They were not good enough. Are any of us surprised that they weren't good enough? I would say apart from hoping they would work out very few are actually surprised.

IIRC he didn't want to pay too much for him. Also IIRC folks on here were p1ssing and moaning sturridge was another poorly scouted option that Rodgers worked with before.
    He played him a lot for someone he didn't want... From him landing, unlike many others who never got a look in.

Whichever way the wind blows there's p1ssing and moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Stop trying to shift the conversation. I'm talking about your post.

You give him no credit for last season. You have given Sturridge no credit. You are saying Suarez is the only reason we had a great season last season which is so simplistic its a typical "barstooler" comment.

Suarez was the main reason that Liverpool finished 2nd last year. Nothing else. With Suarez this year Liverpool also would have gotten Champs Lge football too, without Sturridge.

Is Tony Evans privvy to what happens in LFC?

I read reports that BR wanted him on loan and Chelsea wanted a permanent transfer.

Sound. That really confirms it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I read reports that BR wanted him on loan and Chelsea wanted a permanent transfer.

He used to be one of the most reliable sources until he moved papers. His input on the subject would still hold weight for me. Interesting if true.

Suarez was the main reason that Liverpool finished 2nd last year. Nothing else. With Suarez this year Liverpool also would have gotten Champs Lge football too, without Sturridge.

You are wrong.

I agree he was the main reason but not the only one. BR set the team up in a system that played to his strengths while accommodating Sturridge also. Young players like Coutinho, Henderson and Sterling also made big contributions.

You are wrong.

I agree he was the main reason but not the only one. BR set the team up in a system that played to his strengths while accommodating Sturridge also. Young players like Coutinho, Henderson and Sterling also made big contributions.

He had the best player in the league to set a team up for only a foolish manager wouldn't do that.

When he has a bunch of average players he has struggled to set a team up in any consistent way.

• Advertisement

A lot more than any of us. He might be on the out now but I say he still has plenty of contacts at the club.

He had the best player in the league to set a team up for only a foolish manager wouldn't do that.

When he has a bunch of average players he has struggled to set a team up in any consistent way.

Did he have the best player in the league when he took charge of LFC?

A lot more than any of us. He might be on the out now but I say he still has plenty of contacts at the club.

Not knocking your evidence its just all from a guy I heard of but know nothing about.

By that logic, Gareth Bales rise is all down to Harry Redknapp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was any of the lads from here at the match today?

Did Rarnes say he was going?

Must be well sickened.

• Advertisement

Look where Rodgers played him in his first season as manager it took him nearly a season to work out Suarez was the star man and he needed to move everyone else around him not the other way round.

Suarez has shown in Holland, England and now Spain he needed a bit of time to get up to the speed of he league and then he just plays to the level of being one of the best players in the world.

By that logic, Gareth Bales rise is all down to Harry Redknapp.

I dont think you know what logic means. By your logic we dont need football managers.

My point, which you obviously missed, is he built a system that helped Suarez go from 21 in 50 games to 61 goals in 81 games. Some here think Suarez picked the team and tactics and just got better all on his own.

I dont think you know what logic means. By your logic we dont need football managers.

My point, which you obviously missed, is he built a system that helped Suarez go from 21 in 50 games to 61 goals in 81 games. Some here think Suarez picked the team and tactics and just got better all on his own.

Head in the sand brigade.

Look where Rodgers played him in his first season as manager it took him nearly a season to work out Suarez was the star man and he needed to move everyone else around him not the other way round.

Suarez has shown in Holland, England and now Spain he needed a bit of time to get up to the speed of he league and then he just plays to the level of being one of the best players in the world.

Suarez scored 30 goals for LFC in BRs first season.

Head in the sand brigade.

Listen, if your going to start that you can stop quoting me. If you cant debate a point dont bother posting that ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rodgers gets one more season for me and FSG will give it to him as well. A huge transfer window coming up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We were ****e

Suarez scored 30 goals for LFC in BRs first season.

And he scored 20 in Kenny's first full season so who made him the star or who found a system that suited him best.

Neither improved him he is a star one just found system to let him be that star that doesn't make him a genius manager.

Listen, if your going to start that you can stop quoting me. If you cant debate a point dont bother posting that ****e.

Sorry, from now on if I disagree with you I won't bother posting, ok??

Neither improved him he is a star one just found system to let him be that star that doesn't make him a genius manager.

Did i say it did? Did i say it makes him a great manager? Did i say he's a better manager than other managers?

Suarez scored 30 goals in BR's first season with us. 23 EPL goals. We finished 7th.
    He scored 31 EPL goals and we finished 2nd.

Ya its not all about goals, but if you seriously think he was the only reason for last years success you must be biased and/or unwilling to see that BR contributed heavily to that success, as well as the other players. Thats my only point and last one ever on the subject.

*And by you, I dont mean you personally as I dont know your stance on last season but judging by your comments you might agree that BR deserves no credit for last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Suso makes his debut for Milan in the derby tonight.

Looks a great talent, don't think Liverpool should have let him go but not sure of the politics behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Liverpool would have top four with an average Suarez playing in that team.

Jesus it's heartbreaking to watch them at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Suso makes his debut for Milan in the derby tonight.

Looks a great talent, don't think Liverpool should have let him go but not sure of the politics behind it.

Did he not play last Sunday??

Sorry, from now on if I disagree with you I won't bother posting, ok??

No, your perfectly entitled to post or argue your point, as am I. To say my head is in the sand while I'm putting forward perfectly reasonable points is bad form IMO. Pick my points apart but leave the petty stuff out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

kfallon wrote: »
    Did he not play last Sunday??

Only came on, making his first start tonight.

No, your perfectly entitled to post or argue your point, as am I. To say my head is in the sand while I'm putting forward perfectly reasonable points is bad form IMO. Pick my points apart but leave the petty stuff out.

Well I'll to back to Harry and Bale then, was it down to Harry finding a system for Bale to play in that made Bale a great player? Or was he a great player who grew into his role?? Rodgers is a limited manager, that's not going to change. He's out of his depth at Liverpool and Suarez was his life vest for a while, without him, Rodgers is just another average manager who lucked upon a big job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Rodgers gets one more season for me and FSG will give it to him as well. A huge transfer window coming up though.

He'll only deserve it if he proves he still has the dressing room in the remainder of this season. The rumoured blow out after the Arsenal game seems to have more weight now given they were playing in a semi final and were absolutely shocking. Usually a team finding themselves 2-1 down in such a situation are able to galvanise. We didn't, and were actually toothless tbh. I don't think they're playing for him.

Did i say it did? Did i say it makes him a great manager? Did i say he's a better manager than other managers?

Suarez scored 30 goals in BR's first season with us. 23 EPL goals. We finished 7th.
    He scored 31 EPL goals and we finished 2nd.

Ya its not all about goals, but if you seriously think he was the only reason for last years success you must be biased and/or unwilling to see that BR contributed heavily to that success, as well as the other players. Thats my only point and last one ever on the subject.

*And by you, I dont mean you personally as I dont know your stance on last season but judging by your comments you might agree that BR deserves no credit for last season.

I loved last season what fan wouldn't but I was just a critical about him with points below as I am this season.

Ok forget Suarez and Rodgers who made who for a minute.

Since Brendan became manager it's been obvious we have needed a defensive coach, This season he hasn't played a striker when there are fit one's on the bench he has played so many players out of position that we the fans slaughter them.

Henderson, Markovic, Moreno, Sterling all as wing backs these things don't show his coaching in a good light to be honest,

He has regressed as a coach along with the players this season his tactic's and in game management are terrible.

He hasn't addressed or tried to fix his faults from what I can see and I don't think he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

He used to be one of the most reliable sources until he moved papers. His input on the subject would still hold weight for me. Interesting if true.
    Ian McGarry also spoke about Rodgers not wanting to sign Sturridge at the time and he's a mouth piece for Rodgers. McGarry said that Rodgers only wanted to loan the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

The claims that last season was entirely down to suarez are foolish and lazy. If it was all suarez why did we finish 7th 7th and 8th in his other seasons at the club?

Rodgers gets one more season and if he fails to obtain top four or a trophy next season then i could understand fsg looking elsewhere. The claims for rodgers to get sacked right now are a bit ridiculous in my opinion, though i must confess id be quite excited if there was any chance of rafa coming back. Unfortunately i cant see that happening.

This summers transfer window is huge. Our recruitment since rodgers' appointment has been really poor, though im not sure whos fault that is. I dont usually cry out for marquee signings, but this summer we absolutely must buy an accomplished striker of the highest standard possible. The squad is desperately lacking goals and experience and these issues have to be addressed or else our young talent will be leaving for greener pastures, and our young talent is just about all we have going for ourselves at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement