Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Charlie19 wrote: »

Looks to be a little rattled.

Least his team played well this weekend. You almost asked for that result today posting LVG's post match interview in this thread for the Lolz

That oul voodoo tinternet job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suso makes his debut for Milan in the derby tonight.

Looks a great talent, don't think Liverpool should have let him go but not sure of the politics behind it.

He wouldnt sign a new deal so we sold him before he left on a free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well I'll to back to Harry and Bale then, was it down to Harry finding a system for Bale to play in that made Bale a great player? Or was he a great player who grew into his role??

I think you may be missing my point completely here.

This is going to be my last point on it. And I'll be clear.

BR did not make Suarez a star.
    He picked a system that got the best out of him.
    He picked tactics and a game approach that blew teams away last season.
    He picked the roles for those players.
    The players did not just go out and win games in spite of the manager.
    Suarez was the main reason for a great season.
    BR and the other players contributed heavily in that success also.

In short, I'm not saying BR is the finished article or he made Suarez a star, but to give him no credit last season is unfair.
    Rodgers is a limited manager, that's not going to change. He's out of his depth at Liverpool and Suarez was his life vest for a while, without him, Rodgers is just another average manager who lucked upon a big job.

The jury is out. Next season is make or break but I've seen enough of him to be confident of him being a success. Time will tell.

I loved last season what fan wouldn't but I was just a critical about him with points below as I am this season.

Ok forget Suarez and Rodgers who made who for a minute.

Since Brendan became manager it's been obvious we have needed a defensive coach, This season he hasn't played a striker when there are fit one's on the bench he has played so many players out of position that we the fans slaughter them.

Henderson, Markovic, Moreno, Sterling all as wing backs these things don't show his coaching in a good light to be honest,

He has regressed as a coach along with the players this season his tactic's and in game management are terrible.

He hasn't addressed or tried to fix his faults from what I can see and I don't think he will.

I can accept people criticism of the manager. I wasn't debating that he is good/bad. Just that he deserves credit for last season. Absolutely the last time I'm going to post that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I heard the match on the radio and Rickie Lambert was brought on once again in the 90th minute.

Stroke of genius BR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

klose wrote: »
    He wouldnt sign a new deal so we sold him before he left on a free

Do you know was it because he wanted more playing time or a wage issue?

Could turn out to be a Pogba-esque mistake.

Mind you, I'm not sure Milan is the right place to get the very best out of any young player at the moment, but he was still an absolute bargain for €1m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

mikeym wrote: »
    I heard the match on the radio and Rickie Lambert was brought on once again in the 90th minute.

Stroke of genius BR.

Think it was about 89.30. Bit insulting to the guy to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Firstly, I think BR is actually really good.

The signings are hit and miss because you're focused on the 5-20 million bracket just like Spurs' hit and miss signings.

You are behind teams that outspent you hugely, not in terms of cash spent in the last 12 months, but in terms of meaningful acquisitions. They got far more value because when you can afford and attract Fabregas, you know exactly what you're getting. A bird in the hand and all that. Buying Balo, Lambert and Markovic is NOT the same as buying Costa. But I think the fans saying 'buy world class' are a bit was in the clouds. No-one world class would sign for Liverpool right now.

The one place I'd question Rodger's is his game management. Heard on an Arsenal blog the comment that he can never turn a game around when it's not going his way. That was about a year ago and I've noticed it since. Would be curious to see some comparative stats for points from a losing position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

NukaCola wrote: »
    I can accept people criticism of the manager. I wasn't debating that he is good/bad. Just that he deserves credit for last season. Absolutely the last time I'm going to post that :p

Last season is last season, this season is everything, ask Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

To be honest, I'm just very disappointed at how the season has turned out. Like everyone else I got carried away last year at how wonderful it all was up to the death. However, we've been sliding backwards very consistently with repeated missteps since we took the field against Chelsea at Anfield just needing a draw.
    Hmmmm.

Gerrard was disappointing. The last year has been a shame and shows how fine the line is for elite players. Echoes of O'Gara's last Irish performance in his recent efforts - i.e. time has so obviously caught up with him.

But the efforts to make this about him, and not the overall picture is pure deflection. Gerrard being poor can't excuse the fact that:

- Rodgers has lost a decent majority of the crunch games we've had over three years;
    - Rodgers has been backed in the transfer market and the squad has huge deficiencies;
    - There are elements wrong in today's defeat that were wrong in late 2012. There are question marks over the tactical progression the manager has demonstrated;
    5starpool wrote: »
    The worst thing is almost that there is no real reason to be optimistic for next season at all.

Totally agree. The holes in the squad are too big when the appetite to be aggressive in the transfer market is seemingly so low. We're not a couple of quick fixes away, and Gerrard (irrespective of his form this season) leaves a huge experience / quality hole in the squad that didn't exist when Rodgers took the job.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Another season of transition ahead I suspect.

I think that if Rodgers is retained he will probably be sacked at some point during the next year. And I agree with the logic of the below:
    Another season, another failure. I'm not going to hop on the 'Rodgers out' bandwagon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Henry sacks him in June and goes all out for Klopp, though I doubt he'd be mad enough to take the job.

It's no secret that we've regressed from last season, and I'm just not convinced that Rodgers can take us further. Aside from Sturridge and Coutinho, he hasn't lit up the transfer market, and if I were Henry, I'd be worried with him spending another £50m+ of my own money, this summer.

I would let Rodgers go at the end of the year. Three years into his reign he has created a squad that needs a lot of work and has a number of players that are set to leave / aren't good enough. This summer is setting up to be a big summer of managerial musical chairs in Europe. I think it's a good time to start over again and I don't think Rodgers will take us forward next year so it's probably good to get out infront of it.

If I was in FSG's shoes I simply couldn't back his judgement in the transfer market, which probably means he has to go. A similar analysis to that around Dalglish in 2012.

People will say 'oh well, we're still not out of the race for fourth'. But honestly? I think more defeats out of our last six games are due which will paint a very grim picture when the summer begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Looks a great talent, don't think Liverpool should have let him go but not sure of the politics behind it.
    Last summer he was told he was going to be sent out on loan for the season. Suso thought he deserved to stay and was willing to fight for a place in the squad, Rodgers didn't. The player was never going to sign a contract in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Trilla wrote: »
    Least his team played well this weekend. You almost asked for that result today posting LVG's post match interview in this thread for the Lolz

What stands out for me was Rodgers yapping about how long City being nowhere near as big a club as Liverpool.

United these past few weeks scare us Liverpool fans as it looks like LVG is on the brink of getting it right. Wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lots of supporters have now realised after that debacle just how out of his depth Rodgers is. He's a mid table team manager at best who got a massive chance to manage a great club like LFC and has blown it big time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Lots of supporters have now realised after that debacle just how out of his depth Rodgers is. He's a mid table team manager at best who got a massive chance to manage a great club like LFC and has blown it big time.

Before he signed, Liverpool were a mid table team, stop thinking otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Who's the alternative?

Who's the alternative?

Klopp if some are to believed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Before he signed, Liverpool were a mid table team, stop thinking otherwise.

With the budget of a top 4 team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Who's the alternative?
    Maybe go back to plan A - Louis van Gaal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

You must have bookmarked that post! At least you're matching the sad caseness of the post you quoted.

With the budget of a top 4 team.

5th in wages paid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Was he ever a mid table manager? His stints at Reading and Watford don't suggest so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Suso makes his debut for Milan in the derby tonight.

Agree 100 %, this is one sale that might come back to haunt us

Was he ever a mid table manager? His stints at Reading and Watford don't suggest so.

I never said the premiership:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

de Boer is the man FSG would go for would be my guess if the fire Rodgers.

I would like Klopp.

But what Liverpool need right now before the transfer window opens is a name value person at the club who can attract players.

de Boer & Klopp fit that profile they can go to big clubs and open doors to talk about transfers with just there name alone players will listen to them.

No one at Liverpool can do that anymore.

Who's the alternative?

Gary Monk, done a better job at Swansea that Rodgers.

Villa Boas, has actually won things in his career.

Pellegrini, looks to be on his way out of City.

Klopp, depending on what clubs come in for him.

Rijkaard, he did well at Barca.

Loads of managers out there. It's about finding the right fit and right philosophy for the club. Rodgers' David Brentesque middle management style is embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Suso should do well in the Serie A retirement home. Would fancy my own chances there.

Loads of managers out there. It's about finding the right fit and right philosophy for the club. Rodgers' David Brentesque middle management style is embarrassing.

AVB and Rijkaard, ****ing hell hahahaha.

AVB and Rijkaard, ****ing hell hahahaha.

I'm not sure what's funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Suso should do well in the Serie A retirement home. Would fancy my own chances there.

Looking likely to take the Premierships 4th CL place in the next 2/3 years, I guess that would make the Premiership like a really rich morgue? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

AVB? He was a roaring success in England alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Poster suggests Monk and Rijkaard as possible replacements for Rodgers.
    Then compares Rodgers to David Brent.
    Irony.

Your football knowledge or complete lack thereof.

Rijkaard who was sacked by Saudi Arabia and was last heard of at a school in Florida is now ok to manage Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I thought Weldoninho supported united? His posts certainly don't suggest otherwise.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    AVB? He was a roaring success in England alright.

Spurs finished on 72 points under him and missed out on 4th to Arsenal by 1 point. He wouldn't be my pick but he would do a better job than Rodgers.

The fact that some people actually take you seriously.

• Advertisement

Spurs finished on 72 points under him and missed out on 4th to Arsenal by 1 point. He wouldn't be my pick but he would do a better job than Rodgers.

Liverpool finished 2nd under Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People might disagree with LL and Alan but at least in general their posts have some substance to them. The two boys on here today would give Dunphy and Giles a run for their money in the ludicrous stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

i would like br to have one more year but for the love of **** get him the players he wants. if we are not in the champions league after that then he can tip on
    Milner , song and ings , pancake from roma and a top drawer proven stirker
    bring back tex ilori and wisdom for the squad and uefa ( if we get it)
    I think klopp is sick of slumming it with low budget so is cities or arseanl the year after next

The need to gerard to play gerard will be gone next year and i can't in good conscience judge the man until stevie has gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

gosplan wrote: »
    Firstly, I think BR is actually really good.

The signings are hit and miss because you're focused on the 5-20 million bracket just like Spurs' hit and miss signings.

That's incredibly generous praise with almost zero foundation. lallnana 25m, louvren 20m, Markovic 20m and a combined 30m for moreno and ballotelli is a world class mismanagement of funds.

We somehow sold our best player to Barcelona who funded the deal selling Sanchez to arsenal and cesc to Chelsea Hugely strengthening each while we lost out hugely. The one exciting signing in Remy we looked to have secured ended up at Chelsea as well. How things have being allowed to play out to the extend our top scorer has about 6 goals and we have borini and Lambert as saviours from the bench is incredibly poor management in my book

AVBs time in the EPL wasn't a success leaving big question marks of his ability.
    Rijkaard hasn't done anything of note in 7/8 years.

• Advertisement

Liverpool finished 2nd under Rodgers.

After Villas-Boas finished 5th he was sacked the following season at Christmas with Spurs in 7th, same thing should happen to Rodgers.

I thought Weldoninho supported united? His posts certainly don't suggest otherwise.

Nah, he has been saying 'we' all day, definite Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yup, Its all my fault.
    Jon Stark wrote: »
    You must have bookmarked that post! At least you're matching the sad caseness of the post you quoted.

Really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Ah, to hell with it but I'm going there. Can you imagine Anfield for the first game of the season if this man was in the dugout. Inside Anfield he never really lost the match going fan. Already videos of Liverpool fans coming home from the semi on the tube out signing the Rafa song. I honestly think it would be one of the greatest sporting moments I ever witness, to see Rafa coming home.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    People might disagree with LL and Alan but at least in general their posts have some substance to them. The two boys on here today would give Dunphy and Giles a run for their money in the ludicrous stakes.

I thought you were gone to stick your head in the sand for a while.

After Villas-Boas finished 5th he was sacked the following season at Christmas with Spurs in 7th, same thing should happen to Rodgers.

Sorry but you're talking ****.
    Avb is good enough to manage Liverpool because he finished 5th while Rodgers isn't good enough because he finished 2nd and now looks like finishing 5th. You appear to be full of **** or a very confused little boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp leaving his job could start the biggest manager merry go round in years to be honest.

Again if Brendan was to get the sack I would love to see us try for Ancelotti he will get sacked more than likely this season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We're likely to finish fifth and be disappointed in it, but that's finishing in the exact same position is the proof that another manager is the right call... You're gas craic.

It probably will. Few could have complaints if this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ancelloti come to Liverpool? Lay off the crack lad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement