Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Between ourselves, my Uncle is part of the staff at Anfield which makes him a bit of an ITK. I can't say what he does for obvious reasons but he was at the game today in the company of some of the higher ups at the club and let's just say that when Liverpool scored they were happy. When Liverpool then conceeded two goals and lost the game, they were upset.

I'm either missing something or this is a really well played joke.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Any watching Suso, how is he getting on?

That's a bit random - he has a few splinters in his arse I believe. He's played 131 minutes in 14 match day squad appearances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

That's a bit random - he has a few splinters in his arse I believe. He's played 131 minutes in 11 appearances

Someone posted on the last page that he was starting in the derby tonight (First start) which is why I asked. First half is just over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'm either missing something or this is a really well played joke.....

Sorry, that's all I can say for now I'm afraid. Don't want to risk putting my ITK in hot water.

Someone posted on the last page that he was starting in the derby tonight (First start) which is why I asked. First half is just over.

Yep he has started and is still playing. Right side of the front three.

Just watching the game for a bit - Suso has no speed at all and as such is not really suited for his role even allowing for Serie A often being played at a more deliberate pace. He is tidy but toothless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Saw the point being made on twitter, if Rodgers was out of work in the summer, what's the best job he could get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Saw the point being made on twitter, if Rodgers was out of work in the summer, what's the best job he could get?

Newcastle

The Office Season 3.

I can't see FSG getting rid of Rodgers for the following reasons

- he has three years left on a contract that was signed last May

- there is no large transfer budget for the summer window so the fact x,y,z managers are available and the timing is good (deemed good by folks on here) for a squad overhaul is immaterial as there is no upcoming overhaul

- FSG are business folk, they can so the sums on losing out on CL qualification this year is largely compensated for by qualifying last year (a year early)

- as business folk they have committed to the stadium investment, they have also funded players (Lallana, Lovren, Can, Moreno, Marković) that will have completed their first year at Anfield, FSG will expect these to improve just how Henderson, Sakho & Coutinho improved after settling in.

- it's sport, these things happen, last season Chelsea finished third, Man City won the league, this season Man City will be 4th most likely and Chelsea will almost certainly win the League.

- the sport factor accepted the figures are looking quite impressive, again that's important, FSG are business folk, if the balance sheet isn't right what happens on the pitch doesn't compensate no matter how good it is.

- FSG I imagine have no appetite whatsoever for dealing with Rafa B

Depends how parochial one is - Newcastle, West Ham, Málaga, Lille, not to mention Southampton or er Swansea if they happened to be looking for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm not sure if posted before but I heard on radio that Rodgers is the 1st LFC manager in 50 years not to win anything in his 1st 3 seasons :(

As much as I like BR I think he needs to be questioned now, FSG wont keep pumping money in with no returns. Like with any job if you don't deliver you get replaced.

I'd love to see Klopp and I'm sure he would relish the challange at LFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Got what we deserved today, to be fair we've been running empty since the Swansea game, then lost to United and the good run was well and truly over. We've been found out a little as well to be honest. 3 at the back has been picked apart by a few teams by exploiting the space between left or right sided defender and the attacking wingbacks. Moreno is being targetted and even more so is Can who has found his level.

In reality, with our squad, we are exactly where we should be with one exception - you get to a Semi Final of the FA Cup and out of all other competitions - by jaysus you should be absolutely breaking your bollox to deliver an "All or nothing" display that is worthy of anyone that put on the Liverpool shirt. That today did NOT feel like a Cup Semi Final. Very worrying that BR only managed to get that from his players and more so that so many players went into hiding during it. We can call them all out individually but collectively we were beaten by a team of hasbeens and wasters that only 2 months ago were relegation cannon fodder - but they outfought us in every department today and made a mockery of some of our overpaid stars. Hendo needs to learn it is one thing getting the Captains armband and other EARNING it ... Fabian Delph owned the middle of the field today. Sad but true.

We are paying the price right now for a truly unforgettable start to the season, then great credit must be given for the recovery and some of the displays that we had in that run, but it was all too much in the end and now the season will be a horror show.

Fact is we are toothless up front and we all know by losing the worlds best centre forward the priority should have been and STILL IS finding a replacement for 100 goals a season, or however many he scored last year.

This season is over, judging by that we are already half way into our summer holidays and we may as well promote some youth and give them a chance to shine. Hey, maybe even try 2 up front? Different formation and try our luck.

BR will be given another year ... all his signings will be more the wiser etc ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Celtic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The New Fan culture. Football as we know it is dying.

11146290_887244854655097_7836398840469071231_n.jpg?oh=ef8c406470070521145d7e7d4ad918dc&oe=55A0BF5C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

DVDM93 wrote:
    let's just say that when Liverpool scored they were happy. When Liverpool then conceeded two goals and lost the game, they were upset.

So when they were up they were up. When they were down they were down and when they were only halfway up they were neither up nor down?

jaykay74 wrote: »
    So when they were up they were up. When they were down they were down and when they were only halfway up they were neither up nor down?

Tune!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Only trophy rodgers has got since becoming Liverpool manager is the one on his arm.
    He is a man screaming of a middle age crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Got what we deserved today, to be fair we've been running empty since the Swansea game, then lost to United and the good run was well and truly over. We've been found out a little as well to be honest. 3 at the back has been picked apart by a few teams by exploiting the space between left or right sided defender and the attacking wingbacks. Moreno is being targetted and even more so is Can who has found his level.

In reality, with our squad, we are exactly where we should be with one exception - you get to a Semi Final of the FA Cup and out of all other competitions - by jaysus you should be absolutely breaking your bollox to deliver an "All or nothing" display that is worthy of anyone that put on the Liverpool shirt. That today did NOT feel like a Cup Semi Final. Very worrying that BR only managed to get that from his players and more so that so many players went into hiding during it. We can call them all out individually but collectively we were beaten by a team of hasbeens and wasters that only 2 months ago were relegation cannon fodder - but they outfought us in every department today and made a mockery of some of our overpaid stars. Hendo needs to learn it is one thing getting the Captains armband and other EARNING it ... Fabian Delph owned the middle of the field today. Sad but true.

We are paying the price right now for a truly unforgettable start to the season, then great credit must be given for the recovery and some of the displays that we had in that run, but it was all too much in the end and now the season will be a horror show.

Fact is we are toothless up front and we all know by losing the worlds best centre forward the priority should have been and STILL IS finding a replacement for 100 goals a season, or however many he scored last year.

This season is over, judging by that we are already half way into our summer holidays and we may as well promote some youth and give them a chance to shine. Hey, maybe even try 2 up front? Different formation and try our luck.

BR will be given another year ... all his signings will be more the wiser etc ...
    Don't agree with that. Benteke would beat anyone in the air. Can was one of our better players today. Certaintly at only 20 he hasn't found his level & I think he will be a very good player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Between ourselves, my Uncle is part of the staff at Anfield which makes him a bit of an ITK. I can't say what he does for obvious reasons but he was at the game today in the company of some of the higher ups at the club and let's just say that when Liverpool scored they were happy. When Liverpool then conceeded two goals and lost the game, they were upset.

lol, such bullsh!t, they had a drink, very Happy, they finished their drink, very upset.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    lol, such bullsh!t, they had a drink, very Happy, they finished their drink, very upset.

Stop trying to get me to spill more of my inside info, reverse psychology doesn't work on me pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

From twitter - I can now hear the clock ticking for Rodgers, it sounds something like , "clop-clop-clop-clop-clop"

To much emphasis on systems
    To much info to players
    Let them play
    Let them make decisions
    Moreno held position based on info
    Never threw body in front of shot
    1-1

Don't think we would go for Rafa. He has taken Napoli backwards. They were challenging Juve 2 years & well ahead as the 2nd best team in Italy. This season they are 4th & unlikely to make CL unless they win the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would be shocked if Rodgers is sacked.

Don't think he should be either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    We just seem to (and have for quite some time) be lacking players that play with their heart on their sleeves. What id give to have Carragher and Kuyt back.

Oh yeah, two world beaters right there. Glad you're not the manager!

• Advertisement

I would like us to buy two players in summer
    One proven striker one proven midfielder
    I would not like to see 7 players with potential
    Two for the price of 7
    Bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ardent wrote: »
    Oh yeah, two world beaters right there. Glad you're not the manager!

Both of whom in their prime would walk into our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The obsession with Gerrard is incredible. The Internet has nearly melted with jokes about him. Why is the man so hated and ridiculed. Has there ever been a player to get so much attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

niallo27 wrote: »
    The obsession with Gerrard is incredible. The Internet has nearly melted with jokes about him. Why is the man so hated and ridiculed. Has there ever been a player to get so much attention.

He's Mr Liverpool, that's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't think we would go for Rafa. He has taken Napoli backwards. They were challenging Juve 2 years & well ahead as the 2nd best team in Italy. This season they are 4th & unlikely to make CL unless they win the EL.

Couldn't have that.
    Napoli did well under Mazzari for his 4 seasons in charge finishing 6th, 3rd, 5th and 2nd in Serie A.

The points tallies for those seasons were 59, 70, 61 and 78.
    They also won a Coppa Italia in 2012.

This was a team with Cavani and Lavezzi.

Rafa took control in 13-14 when Mazzari went to Inter and Cavani and Lavezzi were sold. In fairness he did get to spend most of the proceeds.

Napoli went on to finish 3rd on 78 points equaling the previous season's (and Mazzari's highest) tally. They also won the Coppa Italia.

This season they lie 4th on 53 pts with 7 games to play with a projected total of 65 which probably won't be enough for Champions league qualification.
    The Europa league campaign looks much better however with a place in the semis looking assured after dismantling Wolfsburg last week.

• Advertisement

He's Mr Liverpool, that's why.

It's on a level I have never seen before. He is actually quiet enough really compared to other top players from other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I see people are using a parody twitter account thinking its the official Liverpool account in the humour thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Rodgers will have another year to make some progress. I think it would be foolish to think otherwise.

If sturridge was back at his best and we had someone worthy to play beside him things could look a lot better next season. Obviously there needs to be a bit of a clearout in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gerrard garners so much hate and attention because he was so good in his prime and was the driving force for a club that has many committed opposing fans. The people who hated his best moments are the ones loving his worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Gerrard garners so much hate and attention because he was so good in his prime and was the driving force for a club that has many committed opposing fans. The people who hated his best moments are the ones loving his worst.

When the jokes are about another clubs player, it's harmless fun. When it's about yours, its "hate".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dub13 wrote: »
    The New Fan culture. Football as we know it is dying.

11146290_887244854655097_7836398840469071231_n.jpg?oh=ef8c406470070521145d7e7d4ad918dc&oe=55A0BF5C

No it isn't.

Slimity wrote: »
    Couldn't have that.
    Napoli did well under Mazzari for his 4 seasons in charge finishing 6th, 3rd, 5th and 2nd in Serie A.

Rafa took control in 13-14 when Mazzari went to Inter and Cavani and Lavezzi were sold. In fairness he did get to spend most of the proceeds.

Napoli went on to finish 3rd on 78 points equaling the previous season's (and Mazzari's highest) tally. They also won the Coppa Italia.

This season they lie 4th on 53 pts with 7 games to play with a projected total of 65 which probably won't be enough for Champions league qualification.
    The Europa league campaign looks much better however with a place in the semis looking assured after dismantling Wolfsburg last week.

The task to keep them as competitive when losing Lavezzi and Cavani was never going to be easy. Last season was decent and he was very unlucky to get barely squeezed out in the CL group. They may yet salvage a second decent season. A huge success would have been winning the league and a bad failure would have been struggling in midtable. He's done fine. Just as he did in his stint at Chelsea when he secured 3rd and the EL.

Overall he's proven himself a safe pair of hands who has some particular aspects he does brilliantly and some repeated blind spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I see people are using a parody twitter account thinking its the official Liverpool account in the humour thread :)

In other news, that's not Stevie G's official birthday invitation.

Kirby wrote: »
    When the jokes are about another clubs player, it's harmless fun. When it's about yours, its "hate".

:confused:

John Terry is hated. People hated Giggs / Keane / Cantona

I don't think I ever said otherwise or claimed that everyone cares to the same degree or in the same way about this stuff.

Slimity wrote: »
    Couldn't have that.

Lavezzi went in 2012. Higuain replaced Cavani. They spent more money than anyone else in Serie A since Rafa too over. He hasn't done well in the league at Napoli. He is a great tactician & a great cup coach but his league record since his Valencia days is poor.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

It is hate. I have seen it live and online and believe me son it's hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

There is no stability In these jobs. We need a manager to get us into the top four and build from there. Once everyone see's progress then everyone is happy. There has been progress and regress far too much the last three seasons and that wont change when you have a manager with no clear idea of how to play on a consistent level, Chelsea is the benchmark they can play beautiful football and the most dour football but what doesn't change is their ability to defend and gather points. Defence has always been atrocious and that has not changed just last year we had a superb attacking ability so we got away with it, not so much this year.

That's exactly it. Even Utd played like crap for most of the year, but Van Gaal still racked up the points until they found some form.

The worrying thing about us is that we don't have that solid and resilient foundation in place after 3 years of BR.

:confused:

John Terry is hated. People hated Giggs / Keane / Cantona

I don't think I ever said otherwise or claimed that everyone cares to the same degree or in the same way about this stuff.

You claimed he was hated and intimated that's what the gifs are about.

Birthday gifs about Gerrard aren't demonstrating hate. When United were struggling and we were seeing funny gifs about them from Liverpool fans, that wasn't hate either. See it as the ribbing that makes football what it is.
    Nobody worth talking to "hates" any football player.

Pellegrini
    Benitez
    Klopp
    Ancelotti

Are all likely to be available. Let Rodgers go and he adds to the mix. There may be clubs ahead of us, but with so much flux there's never going to be a better time to secure an upgrade.

Benitez still makes the most sense in my mind, however unpopular an opinion that might be. I'll admit to some tingles watching Napoli deconstruct Wolfsburg on Thursday night.

I agree with that but I would be worried that if we let BR go and then didn't get any of the above, then we would end up gambling on another subpar manager.

I think it's vital that we line up a successor before letting BR go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If you're searching Twitter for Gerrard hashtags then don't be too surprised.
    You'll find hate for any well known player if you look for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Boll0x

People rip the piss out of Gerrard because it gets to all Liverpool supporters

Its was easiest way to wind you all up.

Not so much anymore because :

A. hes leaving

B. Half your fans dont even want him in the starting 11 anymore

Opposite fans will move on to Rogers next

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Boll0x

A. hes leaving

Half of them want him gone too.

That's exactly it. Even Utd played like crap for most of the year, but Van Gaal still racked up the points until they found some form.

The worrying thing about us is that we don't have that solid and resilient foundation in place after 3 years of BR.

Utd can afford to keep ****ing money at it until it works. They have a 60 million player on the bench and paying a player 300 grand a week to play reserve football. It's very hard for that strategy not to work.

A lot of it is probably from Utd fans. Some of our fans absolutely lost the run of themselves when it came to taunting Utd fans last yr. It was as if they would never be competitive again. The Gerrard thing is a perfect chance for them to return the ''banter'' in spades.

• Advertisement

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Boll0x

A. hes leaving

Well if it's not so much anymore why is it all over the Internet. Your post makes no sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement