Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What better managers would join Liverpool?

Klopp? Has enjoyed an even worse season than Rodgers this year.

Rafa? Had the job once, champions league performance papered over some very big cracks in the league, one very good season, finished 7th in his final season.

Those are the 2 realistic candidates in your mind no doubt.

Klopp's record at BD,

2 Bundesliga's (2010–11, 2011–12)
    Runner up in 2012–13, 2013–14

Won German Cup in 2012
    Runner Up in 2014

2 Supercups

Champion League finalists

Hasn't worked out this season so he has resigned his post. He brought a team that finished 13th the season before he was appointed to staggering success in Germany and Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Klopp's record at BD,

Won German Cup in 2012
    Runner Up in 2014

2 Supercups

Hasn't worked out this season so he has resigned his post. He brought a team that finished 13th the season before he was appointed to staggering success in Germany and Europe..

Sorry but you're writing off Rodgers despite what was achieved last season therefore using Klopps past performance is surely pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Klopp's record at BD,

Won German Cup in 2012
    Runner Up in 2014

2 Supercups

Hasn't worked out this season so he has resigned his post. He brought a team that finished 13th the season before he was appointed to staggering success in Germany and Europe.

Yeah, well Brendan has a Championship playoff win!! Don't see that on Jurgens CV!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sorry but you're writing off Rodgers despite what was achieved last season therefore using Klopps past performance is surely pointless.

What was achieved last season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

You are sugarcoating Rogers.... Sack him and move on

Your fans deserve more

Klopp made progress year in year out until this season when he did the right thing and resigned. Rodgers has regressed this season to the point where last season seems like a dream.

What was achieved last season?

In the league? More than any Liverpool manager has managed in 26 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You know he didn't win it right?

Klopp made progress year in year out until this season when he did the right thing and resigned. Rodgers has regressed this season to the point where last season seems like a dream.

Do yourself a favour and look at our positions in the league since 2010, 5th place is better than average. You are making yourself look more and more clueless as the days go by.

You know he didn't win it right?

I'm not even entertaining your **** right now.

• Advertisement

We also finished runner up under Rafa & Houllier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If Klopp is available and willing to take the Liverpool job I would think its a no brainer for the board.Sack BR and get Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Houllier and Benitez did the same.

Where is the trophy?

We also finished runner up under Rafa & Houllier.

4 points behind the eventual winners under Rafa and 7 under Houllier. 2 under Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Calm down

kibice.jpg

4 points behind the eventual winners under Rafa and 7 under Houllier. 2 under Rodgers.

It doesn't matter if it was 1 point winning is everything.

You're right. Show me Rafas premier league medals.

I believe as long as Rogers is there, Liverpool will just be another team.

You can get much better then Rogers in Leagues all over the world.

• Advertisement

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I believe as long as Rogers is there, Liverpool will just be another team.

You can get much better then Rogers in Leagues all over the world.

Liverpool have been just another team for 20+ years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Meh I've had enough and would have no problem seeing BR exit. Nice guy but he's limited and we won't win the league under him. No chance in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thats clearly not true...the world is full of grey, not black and white.

Liverpool have been just another team for 20+ years.

But we came 2nd last season that's a great achievement isn't it.

?

He has 2 La Liga medals if that helps? And averages a trophy a season. He's certainly not perfect but in our situation he'd be a safer bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone else think that, sometime in the Spring 2018, we'll be having a dsicussion on whether or not to sack Klopp or give him another year?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think that, sometime in the Spring 2018, we'll be having a dsicussion on whether or not to sack Klopp or give him another year?

That is the world of football now managers like Ferguson & Wenger don't exist anymore.

Managers go into clubs do a job for 3-5 years burn out and move on.

But we came 2nd last season that's a great achievement isn't it.

Im not sure you get a medal for that.

Its all great for cash flow to the club.

Yay top 4

Yay Take part in Champions league

But in fairness none of it matters unless your going to win it

Liverpool should scour other leagues for league winning managers and build from there. Someone who knows how to win a league

Its pointless saying give Rogers another season. for what?

After coming close last season he blew his chance for years to come

brevity wrote: »
    ?

He has 2 La Liga medals if that helps? And averages a trophy a season. He's certainly not perfect but in our situation he'd be a safer bet.

frank-rijkaard_1393838a.jpg

The 2 Don Balons were given to him for the craic too, eh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Tbh, I don't think that's what's on FSGs plan, though i agree fully with the rest.

They seem to be building up the clubs income hugely in the last few years. It may well be with a view to selling up but i think the more likely outcome is to reinvest the funds left, after repaying the loans on the stadium, on building up the squad in quality and wages spent.

They have stated that the club has to survive on its own resources so by increasing the income it will allow increased spending on the squad to generate more income, if all goes to plan.

Some time in the late 80's my old man and a bunch of his friends bought a race horse.

They were reasonably successful businessmen, liked the horses, so for a bit of craic they decided to dip their hand into it.

A millionaire might buy a stud farm.

Billionaires buy sports teams.
    What else are you going to do at the weekend?

I don't necessarily think they're in it to make a few quid, but the likelihood that they could if they needed to made what would have been a whimsical financial insanity some good clean fun.

They will continue to buy potential, though, but i expect they will also buy more established players once the income is there to allow it. Expect to see a lot of Kellogs Kop, Anfield Emirates and such in the next few years.

I'm not sure about us ever really being in the market for established stars.

Not when there's so many other clubs that are either massively and permanently more independently wealthy than us and plenty of others with sugar-daddies.

I hope to see fewer Lallanas and Lovrens - I think they'll both turn out a lot better than this season has shown, but at best it's unlikely they're going to give great value for money.

Whereas, a signing like Markovic, even if it's a lot up front, has, IMO, even in a nearly worst case scenario, much better value associated with it, given the length of time to fulfill potential, the lack of immediate pressure to perform, the higher likelihood of a good sell on price and so forth.

And I don't think we'll see FSG taking too much of the piss with traditional stuff. I'm not arsed about how they name stands other than the Kop but I doubt they'd rename Anfield as a whole or replace the Shankly Gates with McDonalds' golden arches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thread is gone......

Ya, Frank Rijkaard won trophies as well. Im not sure what point you are trying to make.

Brendan Rodgers has won nothing. Nothing. It doesn't necessarily mean is a bad manager or that he should be sacked but lauding him about like our saviour because he came second is embarrassing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Im not sure you get a medal for that.

Its all great for cash flow to the club.

Yay top 4

Yay Take part in Champions league

But in fairness none of it matters unless your going to win it

Liverpool should scour other leagues for league winning managers and build from there. Someone who knows how to win a league

Its pointless saying give Rogers another season. for what?

After coming close last season he blew his chance for years to come

Martinez and Brendan were the 2 front runners for the job when it became available. Just as a reminder, Arsenal went and appointed Wenger as their manager when he wouldn't have been known to many. If that was us - or most clubs with our type aspirations - we'd have sacked him after a shaky start.

Liverpool FC is seen as a week by week running commentary - Win and everyone thinks you are deadly - lose and it's the end of the world. It's a rollercoaster.

Football is dominated by the Top clubs in every league. Every now and then 1 Club manages to go against the green and make a surge for the league but RARELY do they hold on for longer than a year or two. Valencia/Dortmund are good examples ... it is hard to dislodge the likes of Chelsea/City when they basically name their transfers and get their man 19/20 times.

With our players, our wages and even this season our location we've no chance of getting the Sanchez type players of this world. 5th place is where we are for a reason. In a few years with proper development we could well mirror that of Arsenal ... but we'll never be a City/United/Chelsea as we do not have the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

our saviour because he came second

Are you trying to say Brendan is Jesus? The second coming? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Do people honestly believe if Rodgers goes it will be a replacement manager the likes of Klopp or another world class manager that will come in?

Where have yet been while FSG have been here?

World class managers of that ilk demand more power than the likes of FSG are willing to cede.

Mark my words, if Rodgers goes then the highest profile manager we will look at it will be the likes of De Boer and that's at a push. That's the problem with the club. Everything from manager to the players has the same template, young and upcoming with potential to be world class or someone cheap or on a free.

I would love to see a world manager with proper backing come in, it just isn't going to happen under FSG in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lol

I think you've lost the plot.

the kelt wrote: »
    Do people honestly believe if Rodgers goes it will be a replacement manager the likes of Klopp or another world class manager that will come in?

World class managers of that ilk demand more power than the likes of FSG are willing to cede.

Mark my words, if Rodgers goes then the highest profile manager we will look at it will be the likes of De Boer and that's at a push. That's the problem with the club. Everything from manager to the players has the same template, young and upcoming with potential to be world class or someone cheap or on a free.

I would love to see a wild class manager with proper backing come in, it just isn't going to happen under FSG in my opinion.

Maybe FSG should hire a bear?

I would love to see a wild class manager with proper backing come in, it just isn't going to happen under FSG in my opinion.

If Rodgers goes, who is likely to snap him up? West Ham? Newcastle? Derby if McLaren leaves? That's his level .

Chelsea have Mourinho, United have Van Gaal, Arsenal have Wenger, City have Pellegrini or a new world class coach to come in. We need Klopp to come in if we are to compete with those guys every season.

• Advertisement

Chelsea have Mourinho, United have Van Gaal, Arsenal have Wenger, City have Pellegrini or a new world class coach to come in. We need Klopp to come in if we are to compete with those guys every season.

Will you just shut the **** up about Klopp, you couldn't be anymore obvious that you do not watch German football. You're basing all this on what he did a few years ago, typical of a new age football fan really.

Will you just shut the **** up about Klopp, you couldn't be anymore obvious that you do not watch German football. You're basing all this on what he did a few years ago, typical of a new age football fan really.

Hahahaha, like last year?? The year you keep going on about Rodgers doing brilliantly???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

If Rodgers goes, who is likely to snap him up? West Ham? Newcastle? Derby if McLaren leaves? That's his level .

So what! What's your point? What's that got to do with the point of who comes in to manage Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I don't know how people can people can really just be so obnoxious towards the manager. Is BR a good manager yes he is , I do think he is a good manager but some people really are being so negative towards him it's unreal.
    I do think something is up at the club the performance was fairly diabolical and I wonder has he lost the dressing room ? That could be a thing that has happened but nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes at LFC.
    I do think fsg have a big choice to make now stick with BR and give him time or go in a new direction. I have a feeling they will give him time. At the end of the day klopp is a great manager but I'm not sure he could do a better job then BR right now.
    The way the transfer strategy is set up and the likes I would imagine a lot of managers would find it hard. Right I do think the team really needs experience but LFC won't sign those players. The young players at the club under the age of 24 are some of the best in England. They need time to mature as players too but I can see fsg sticking with BR this summer.

I think you are right here. They have to realise at some point to be successful experience is required.Hopefully that is this summer.

I think he would do well at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nonsense. He did great work building Liverpool from the Hodgson/Dalglish mediocrity finishes to within an inch (or slip) of the league title.

Credit Suarez as much as one wants, but no one player ever comes close to winning the title by himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Klopp played his entire senior career for Mainz 05 from 1989 to 2001. He originally played as a striker, before switching to play as a defender in 1995. He scored 52 league goals.

Who says we have to sign him as manager eh? I'll have him up front all day long, we keep Rodgers, everyone is a winner.

I think you are right here. They have to realise at some point to be successful experience is required.Hopefully that is this summer.

I think he would do well at Spurs.

i don't think Spurs would touch him.

Well my curiosity got the better of me and im sorry Tipsy but i had to go through your posts to see just what you've always thought of our manager and you posted this on December 1st 2013.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87785717&postcount=824
    Suarez will be gone in January, hopefully Rodgers will be too.

Yes, 5 months before he almost won us the league title you wanted our manager out. That just confirms how full of **** you are and forgive me but i will never take anything you say seriously again.

And also saying this to another poster on May 31st 2013.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84870534&postcount=6831
    You refuse to back Rodgers and secretly hope he fails, so what does that make you?

What does that make you nowadays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I doubt you even believe this yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement