Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Anyone who thinks the Palace result had any bearing whatsoever on the title last season is an idiot, plain and simple.

I'm glad we only drew it because losing the title on goal difference would have been ****ing awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

MD1990 wrote: »

"Rodgers wants a slight change in the recruitment policy which has placed a strong emphasis on young players with potential, by bringing more established stars better placed to go straight into the first team"

Step in the right direction, but its only the mirror though so baseless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Kirby wrote: »
    It's true that West Ham had nothing to play for and QPR did. That has to factor into it of course.

I still think being 3-0 up and losing three goals in 12 minutes shows a shocking grasp of game management and is a black mark against Rodgers. That's amateur stuff to be honest.

It was a shocking result but it doesn't make me think any less of Rodgers. Same way with any other manager. I don't think worse of Wenger because Newcastle came back and won 4-3.

It's true that West Ham had nothing to play for and QPR did. That has to factor into it of course.

I still think being 3-0 up and losing three goals in 12 minutes shows a shocking grasp of game management and is a black mark against Rodgers. That's amateur stuff to be honest.

So you think Carlo Ancelloti is amateur?

Ya it was horrible, but it happens the best of managers.....there were far worse before and since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So you think Carlo Ancelloti is amateur?

I'm the one who brought Instanbul up as a reference or have you forgotten? And there is a difference in losing the lead over 45 minutes and losing it in 12.
    Anyone who thinks the Palace result had any bearing whatsoever on the title last season is an idiot, plain and simple.

I'm glad we only drew it

Anybody who wants their team to draw when they can win, is an idiot plain and simple.

I'm the one who brought Instanbul up as a reference or have you forgotten? And there is a difference in losing the lead over 45 minutes and losing it in 12.

His Milan team lost it in 6 minutes, not 45 and not 12.

Milan lost the lead in 6 mins from our first goal? 15 mins from HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

I'm not sure what's been worse - Lovern to Liverpool or Lineah to this thread.

• Advertisement

DaveSuarez wrote: »

A wonderful input.

A wonderful input.

Because calling people who disagree with you "idiots" is the height of intellect and debate. Perhaps contemplate your own input before criticising his? :rolleyes:

Because calling people who disagree with you "idiots" is the height of intellect and debate. Perhaps contemplate your own input before criticising his? :rolleyes:

I didn't specifically call anyone an idiot, don't misquote me.

If anyone thinks a draw against Palace cost us the title last year then they fall into that category in my eyes, deal with it.

And could you also explain how an Ancelloti team losing a lead in 6 minutes isn't as bad as the 12 minutes against Palace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Chelsea have Mourinho, United have Van Gaal, Arsenal have Wenger, City have Pellegrini or a new world class coach to come in. We need Klopp to come in if we are to compete with those guys every season.

Go home, you're drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

that is quite the comparison you have there and I am struggling to decide, just shows you how pathetic Lovren has been this year:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

CDEJFwaWIAAnld2.jpg:large

I find it hard to believe fsg will give rodgers a huge pot of money if they even have the quickest of looks at the list of players hes brought in, i mean the squad needs another overhaul. Assuming toure,jones & johnsons contracts arent renewed we have a "senior" squad of...

-mignolet
    -enrique (90% gone one way or another but ill leave him in)
    -sakho
    -skrtel
    -lovren (who could not have had a worser season if he tried)
    -moreno
    -flanno (whom i assume will renew his deal but its hard to know what way he wilo return from his lay off)
    -lucas
    -hendo
    -allen
    -can
    -coutinho
    -sterling
    -ibe
    -markovic
    -lallana
    -sturridge

-borini/lambert and balos futures all have massive question marks above their heads

The squad can be supplimented with the likes or origi/illori/teixiera/wisdom/manquillo (if hes still here)
    So what do we have as of june the first, we wll have a keeper whos had some contrasting form in his time here.
    Two left backs, one whos form tanked around february and another whos more interested in fifa and hanging out of his bird. Another left back who is traditionally a right back whos missed a season of his career with a poor injury record. So far we need a back up gk/upgrade on mig if we are really pushing the boat out and at minimum one starting quality right back.
    In the centre of defence sakho can and skrtel played well as a 3 for a period of time but can is ideally a centre mid and im still not convinced of skrtel in a back 4. I would say we need atleast another central defender (preferably a partner for sakho)
    Defensive mid, again another definite signing we need to make, lucas (like sturridge who i will come onto) cannot be relied upon fitness wise, i think signing a quality dm with lucas as back up and allen/hendo/can coutinho plying in front of said player would be a good idea.
    Attacking mids, fine here tbh. Cou will continue to imorove you would imagine and i think lallana will improve also(needa a drastic upturn in numbers) other plays can fill in here too.
    Wingers are fine also
    Strikers sturridge cant be relied upon, quality signing one more needed, possiblly 2 depending on who else gets sold.

I count 4 definitely needed signings, 5 if you include centre backs, sad enough predicement to see us still needing another big influx in the summer. Would i trust rodgers/transfer committee to get the right players in? Certainly not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NukaCola wrote: »
    "Rodgers wants a slight change in the recruitment policy which has placed a strong emphasis on young players with potential, by bringing more established stars better placed to go straight into the first team"

At least its by David Maddock, who has contacts at the club.

At least its by David Maddock, who has contacts at the club.

Yeah but unfortunately if Rodgers signed Depay, Carvalho and Messi he would still be slated by some if they flopped.

Henderson contract news expected to be announced this week, over 100k a week. Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Henderson contract news expected to be announced this week, over 100k a week. Great news.

Someone has to buy the second child's college placement, and I doubt it's the missus for some reason...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

K-9 wrote: »
    Rodgers will get another season simply because he has earned it the last 3 Seasons.
    Or because FSG won't pay top money to replace him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Whenever the senior side lets us down the best tonic is to watch the the kids playing some sublime attacking football, so here are 10 mins of Spurs u21 v LFC u21 which ended 1-3 to LFC, check out Samed Yesils turn on a sixpence striking and a couple of cracking moves that didn't quite result in a goal (the Spurs scorer is about 5 foot nothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Would hope the club give Rodgers another year personally. I'm sick of the instability. Also the players are getting off lightly. Disgraceful by most yesterday. Rodgers didn't help by chopping and changing constantly but formation doesn't matter a f*ck with the attitude some of the players showed. And whoever says Rodgers has lost the dressing room.... Even if he has that's no excuse for the players to perform like they did. They are professionals paid a fortune and should put in a shift. A lot of them were walking around the pitch. This team badly needs someone who plays week in week out who will absolutely bollock a player out of it for switching off or not putting in a shift. It was sad watching them versus villa. Some of them should be ashamed having been out fought. That should never ever ever happen in a semi final. Depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Yesil is such a talent, if only he could stay clear of injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Go home, you're drunk.

But he's right???

Mourinho, Van Gaal, Wenger and Pellegrini are all better coaches than B-Rog.

We could do with someone of that stature in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

MD1990 wrote: »

Can't see it either. He looks nailed on for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He's not wrong. City won the league by a mere two points. Win the Palace game, and the City players are under pressure to perform. Sure they nearly blew it against QPR on the last day before and it took a last minute Aguero goal to save them. They don't handle pressure well. Drawing with Palace threw it away.

City had West Ham as their last game and they won comfortably because the pressure was off.

You really do not like Liverpool do you. Every post is a dig off some sort. Saying they dont handle pressure well or they are nearly bottlers means **** all because they got the job done.

Meh I've had enough and would have no problem seeing BR exit. Nice guy but he's limited and we won't win the league under him. No chance in hell.

Liverpool wont win the league with anyone anytime soon, look at utd with their tactical genuis in charge and 200 million spent and a title winning team 2 seasons ago and they are a million miles away from winning the league.

niallo27 wrote: »
    You really do not like Liverpool do you. Every post is a dig off some sort. Saying they dont handle pressure well or they are nearly bottlers means **** all because they got the job done.

You see what you want to see.

You see what you want to see.

Yes a lot of bitter bitter posts.

Yes a lot of bitter bitter posts.
    look at utd with their tactical genuis in charge and 200 million spent and a title winning team 2 seasons ago and they are a million miles away from winning the league.

Complains about bitter posts. Writes a bitter post himself.

You order your drinks with a twist? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So did everyone make it through meltdown Monday, no account closures.

It be interesting to see how the players react ťo such a disappointment, hopefully Lucas regains fitness as he was clearly missed.

Away to both west brom and hull in the next week, I can't wait:)

Complains about bitter posts. Writes a bitter post himself.

You order your drinks with a twist? :P

My post is factual not bitter. It just seems every post lately seems to be a negative about Liverpool. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about something.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about something.

Maybe with your bitter lemons and my shoulder chips everyone can be happy?

saying_chip-on-shoulder.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I'll tell you what's worse, a United fan coming into this thread giving a lecture about how the team "bottled it" last season. It's been a while since I've had to defend the run in last season so I forget the stats, but of the last 15 games, how many did we win? 13?

Games that included very tight wins against the likes of City and last minute victories against the likes of Fulham, but all that nerve means nothing because the lads came up just short in one game (a night to forget yes).

If that makes them bottlers in some books then grand, but in my book I'm not going to take you too seriously. It's kind of like a knob head parent who ignores their child when they do well but are all over them with a bollicking when they make a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »

Wasn't the same thing said last Summer? I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

But he's right???

Mourinho, Van Gaal, Wenger and Pellegrini are all better coaches than B-Rog.

We could do with someone of that stature in charge.

If Van Gaal went to Spurs like he originally planned there's no way there would have been the collective w@nkfest in the media and amongst United fans over his "greatness". Wenger hasn't produced a top quality, consistent team in years and Mourinho has had a limitless budgets to play with at two of his most successful clubs (still never won a CL with either though). Pelligrini I like a lot but isn't suited to the task of trying to motivate the egos at City.

All of them have won more than BR but that's what happens when you intentionally hire a young, up and coming manager. There is zero guarantee that we would be in a better position with any of them in charge instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Liverpool wont win the league with anyone anytime soon, look at utd with their tactical genuis in charge and 200 million spent and a title winning team 2 seasons ago and they are a million miles away from winning the league.

Although united were pure garbage for most of the season they're not a million miles away. They can and will spend heavily again, they've got some very strong players and they get results while not playing the best. They'll be challenging next season I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If Van Gaal went to Spurs like he originally planned there's no way there would have been the collective w@nkfest in the media and amongst United fans over his "greatness". Wenger hasn't produced a top quality, consistent team in years and Mourinho has had a limitless budgets to play with at two of his most successful clubs (still never won a CL with either though). Pelligrini I like a lot but isn't suited to the task of trying to motivate the egos at City.

All of them have won more than BR but that's what happens when you intentionally hire a young, up and coming manager. There is zero guarantee that we would be in a better position with any of them in charge instead.

When Mourinhio was a promising young manager, he was winning things.

When Wenger was a promising young manager, he was winning things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A change of parameters? It will be 26 years, do you want me to draw you a picture to help you understand?

Draw the picture or gtfo m8.
    Love pictures me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Although united were pure garbage for most of the season they're not a million miles away. They can and will spend heavily again, they've got some very strong players and they get results while not playing the best. They'll be challenging next season I think.

What happens if de gea leaves ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What happens if de gea leaves ?

In fairness, they have Valdes as backup. He's no Brad Jones, but he's a very decent keeper.

In fairness, they have Valdes as backup. He's no Brad Jones, but he's a very decent keeper.

Haha Valdes is woeful , he is one of the worst players to have won so much in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Haha Valdes is woeful , he is one of the worst players to have won so much in his career.

Brad Jones is woeful, Valdes is not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

kfallon wrote: »

Brad Jones is no Doni, but he is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well Scooby Doo can doodoo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter...

• Advertisement

Look back at his time at barca during their period of winning everything most of the goals conceeded where his fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Look back at his time at barca during their period of winning everything most of the goals conceeded where his fault

Then why did Liverpool want to sign him?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Then why did Liverpool want to sign him?

So a few silly red tops say LFC where in for him and everyone believes it. Fact of the matter is he a lot better then jones but he is still a shocking keeper and I'm glad LFC didn't touch him.

When Mourinhio was a promising young manager, he was winning things.

When Wenger was a promising young manager, he was winning things.

Wengers first few years were quiet poor. He then won a league in a poor French league comparable to what Rodgers did last year. He failed to challenge the next few years. He is quiet comparable to Rodgers in the early years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

if Mourinho was in charge we would never had fcuked it away.

The funny thing is Chelsea should have won the league last year, but because Mourhino said they wouldn't, nobody talks about it. As already mentioned, Mourhino bottled it just as much as Rodgers, if not more. And he had a better squad available to him too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement