Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No more Italian players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jordon Ibe signing a new deal this week by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

5starpool wrote: »
    The sense of frustration was palpable from the players and the crowd with the time wasting tactics from the off. It obviously proved the right way to go about frustrating the hell out of us to get the 3 points, but Lloyd is correct when he says the composure was not there that day.

To be expected probably. Biggest game most of those players had ever played. There was always going to be tension.

It is difficult for even the very best teams to get frustrated when even the most mediocre defensive sides park the bus and waste time. When a Mourinho side does it against you, any team will struggle, as witnessed by Inter v Barcelona.

Team didn't play well, but it's the comments that the team / manager bottled it that are hard to take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

FitzShane wrote: »
    Jordon Ibe signing a new deal this week by the sounds of it.

He'll be a big star if he can keep fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

FSG deal in a January to December
    Financial year, we had £20m to spend last January
    which wasnt spent and spent £38m net in the summer,
    so in reality a whole £18m.

lol, how 120m was only actually 18m :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Vicxas wrote: »
    He'll be a big star if he can keep fit.

and lay off the fanta/sheesha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

JB81 wrote: »
    I have been reading the thread over the last few days following a very disappointing day on Sunday. Some of the stuff being spouted in ridiculous. We are not like Liverpool of old, but i do genuinely believe the owners are in it for the long haul and are intent in using their model to not only make money but also to win trophies.

Its early to say if it will work but it is a model that needs time ( young players growing together as a team, with some additions each year ). Now last year was different there was a large turnover of players, but i don't see that this year. I see a good foundation for a good team. Obviously need recruitment with Gerrard, johnson, and anything up to 3 strikers possibly/hopefully leaving ( and maybe sterling, however i think he will stay ).

I am quietly optimistic about next year even though i am very disappointed about this season, but i do think Rodgers should and will be given next year and i think it is the correct decision. I believe we need competition for Mignolet, not sure who we can get that is established but i think Cech would be great for a year or two and i think he is gettable and probably should be number one. It would only help Mignolet having him there. In defence sakho, skrtel, lovren/toure ( as back-up only ), and wisdom and llori should get their chance and the option of Can is enough with one quality addition.

At right back i think we should go for trippier from burnley, have been really impressed with him this year and i think he would suit as an wing back, not too expensive and relatively young ( FSG type ). I also think moreno will only get better with another year under his belt, and do see similar signs to riise in him when riise first came to anfield. In midfield i think we should go all out for another FSG type in Klaassen of ajax, again i think he is gettable and i think he is gonna be one hell of a player. with lucas, allen, henderson, can + academy and other attacking midfield options we should be ok. Up front is the problem and needs investment.

Hopefully borini, balo and lambert go. We have origi, sturridge as main strikers. Really believe benteke is mobile enough to suit our style of play, and would be a great addition. And maybe ings as back up and hopefully sinclair and yesil can come through. and with sterling, coutinho, lallana, markovic, ibe i think we can look forward to next year with some hope, although any possibility of getting in a top quality/world class player for any position should be chased intensively.

Sorry for the long post but i dont think it is all doom and gloom. I will keep believing we are on the right track.
    Liverpool 2015/16

Cech

Llori/Can---skrtel
    sakho
    Tripper
    Can/Lucas
    Moreno
    Klaassen
    Henderson

Coutinho/Sterling/Lallana

Benteke/Sturridge

Other Options - Ibe, Enrique, toure, Lovren, Allen, sinclair, Teixeira, yesil, + academy break throughs

FYP :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Honestly...I'd fckin love a sugar daddy...oil baron to take us over at this stage..sick of being a nearly club,we have been one or worse for quarter of a century, for me trying to do things the responsible way only works if those around you do the same..

We all know its wages that bring in the big players..I don't mean one or two..but ten or 11 high earners of quality is what we need..

There are ways around ffp..or just pay the fines...

All IMO of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Malaga got banned from Europe for their fiscal shortcomings, they will get you sooner or later. The era of financial doping is drawing to a close unless its through "legit" means like sponsorship and outrageous TV deals.

Joao Carlos Teixeira voted Brighton's Young Player of the Season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Malaga got banned from Europe for their fiscal shortcomings, they will get you sooner or later. The era of financial doping is drawing to a close unless its through "legit" means like sponsorship and outrageous TV deals.

Malaga got banned simply because they are not money makers for UEFA like Barca and Real are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is quite interesting, imo.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2015/04/21/liverpool-fc-posts-2014-profit-2015-will-be-even-better-then-comes-the-bad-news/

Talks about our much improved financial position, but then also how hard it is for us to gain any ground on those ahead in the PL - City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal. They even say the following:
    Unless one of Manchester City, Manchester United and Arsenal fold down the stretch there seems very little chance that Liverpool will make consecutive appearances in the UEFA Champions League and will miss out for the 2015/16 season.

Liverpool’s absence will lead to a drop of around $35M in TV revenue from 2014/15 to 2015/16 but more importantly the club is going to miss out on a big increase in prize money from UEFA.

2015/16 marks a new cycle of TV deals and a combination of Europe-wide deals and BTs huge bid to acquire UK rights means that Premier League clubs can look forward to payments of $50M and upwards.

Someone said it the other day, but team the spends the 5th most comes 5th, shocker. And that's exactly what it looks like it will be, unless we keep the likes of Sterling and Coutinho and they turn into those 40m+ type players for us.

The financial knock on effect of missing out this year is quite significant, let alone looking at potential players being missed out upon, and joining our rivals - strengthening them even more, and going in hand with the extra money they receive.

Not only that, we lag massively behind in terms of annual revenue:
    Arsenal generated $65M more than Liverpool; Chelsea $100M more; Manchester City $133M more; Manchester United a massive $260M more

This is what we are up against. There is no quick fix, magic wand, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Oranage2 wrote: »

That isn't his point. Our spending power on the back of selling Suarez, plus the normal funds you would expect to receive over the course of two windows should have seen a much higher net spend than 18m. I'm not advocating spending money just for the sake of it but the reality is that we needed to spend big on one quality addition to replace the loss of Suarez. Others will argue that we needed to pad out the squad so this was done at the expense of spending big on that one player. I agree the squad needed players but the reality is we should have had the funds to do both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Hasn't Immobile had a poor season?
    Moneyball signing so.

Looking at his career so far, prolific at the highest level isn't something you would accuse him of.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/ciro-immobile/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/105521

Knex. wrote: »

Not only that, we lag massively behind in terms of annual revenue:
    Arsenal generated $65M more than Liverpool; Chelsea $100M more; Manchester City $133M more; Manchester United a massive $260M more

This is what we are up against. There is no quick fix, magic wand, unfortunately.

Which is why the stadium redevelopment is vital and being carried out. The additional 8,500 seats are worth around £20 million a year. Or about 4 Hendersons!

Meanwhile http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/real-madrid-star-has-great-offer-from-liverpool-and-plans-to-make
    A bit of positive news comes from Spain where Marca on Tuesday covered Liverpool interest in Asier Illarramendi. The Real Madrid star hasn't fulfilled the expectation attached to his transfer fee and it was widely thought Lucas Silva's arrival during the January transfer window was to replace him. Marca state that Illarramendi still has 'plans' to leave Madrid this summer regardless of whether he's used more between now and the end of the season, and has a 'great offer' from Liverpool. Illarramendi plans to complete the Liverpool option, or one from Arsenal, should they be concrete when the window opens and is keen on a Premier League move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Oranage2 wrote: »

Its simple math!

We took in £79m roughly in transfer fees in 2015, in the summer we spent £117m so that gives you a figure of £38m net spend.

However £20m had been set aside in january which was never spent and went back into the kitty. Widely reported at the time that this was the case after the fiasco with Konoplyanka and Salah to appease the fans. So effectively, yes £18m.

I can do in the style of the Ann and Barry books if it makes it easier for ye.

To out it into perspective in 2015 alone Man Utd responded to a disastrous season by hiring a world class manager and pumping £141m net (plus the loan fee for Falcao) into their team.

In 2015 we pumped £38m net and sold our best player and main source of goals to fund that. And people wonder why we struggle

But ive no doubt if FSG do get rid of Rodgers they will cite the figure of £120m etc etc and people will go oh yeah £120m spent etc etc without actually engaging themselves to look at the big picture.

Like i said, controlling expectations since 2010.

FSG are never going to do enough for us as a Club for us to challenges at the top on a consistent basis no matter how many mangers we change. Look at Utd, Champions only 2 seasons ago so already at a higher level than us pumping that much money in and only finishing 3rd or 4th.

the kelt wrote: »
    Its simple math!

We took in £79m roughly in transfer fees in 2015, in the summer we spent £117m so that gives you a figure of £38m net spend.

However £20m had been set aside in january which was never spent and went back into the kitty. Widely reported at the time that this was the case after the fiasco with Konoplyanka and Salah to appease the fans. So effectively, yes £18m.

I can do in the style of the Ann and Barry books if it makes it easier for ye.

To out it into perspective in 2015 alone Man Utd responded to a disastrous season by hiring a world class manager and pumping £141m net (plus the loan fee for Falcao) into their team.

In 2015 we pumped £38m net and sold our best player and main source of goals to fund that. And people wonder why we struggle

But ive no doubt if FSG do get rid of Rodgers they will cite the figure of £120m etc etc and people will go oh yeah £120m spent etc etc without actually engaging themselves to look at the big picture.

Like i said, controlling expectations since 2010.

FSG are never going to do enough for us as a Club for us to challenges at the top on a consistent basis no matter how many mangers we change. Look at Utd, Champions only 2 seasons ago so already at a higher level than us pumping that much money in and only finishing 3rd or 4th.
    United are spending their own money, not their owners money.

Like us, spending our own money not the owners money. The more our income increases, the more we will be able to spend. We will NOT be getting money from FSG to buy and/or pay wages for any players.

FFP has put a finish to massive funds coming in from an owner to splurge on players. Even if we were bought by 20 oil sheiks, we would still only be able to spend what we bring in!

United are spending their own money, not their owners money.

Like us, spending our own money not the owners money. The more our income increases, the more we will be able to spend. We will NOT be getting money from FSG to buy and/or pay wages for any players.

FFP has put a finish to massive funds coming in from an owner to splurge on players. Even if we were bought by 20 oil sheiks, we would still only be able to spend what we bring in!

I genuinely think that a large part of the support base still doesn't get what has happened. The draw bridge has been pulled up. Every PL club that is not Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd is now going to have to box clever and hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Its simple math!

Time traveller, eh? So many questions ... Do they have flying cars in the future? Any chance you could give us the winning numbers for the EuroMillions jackpot on April 24, 2015? Where did Klopp go? Did Rodgers make any impact before the end of the 2014/15 season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

L'Equipe linking us to DM Geoffrey Kondogbia of Monaco.

L'Equipe linking us to DM Geoffrey Kondogbia of Monaco.

Absolute best scenario, himself and Illarramendi come in and replace Gerrard and Lucas.

Would be ecstatic with that.

One can dream, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Absolute best scenario, himself and Illarramendi come in and replace Gerrard and Lucas.

Champagne would literally flow from the heavens if that happened.

Along with a new striker....

Are we linked with any new strikers?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Champagne would literally flow from the heavens if that happened.

Along with a new striker....

Are we linked with any new strikers?

Only Ciro Immobile :(

Listening to a podcast yesterday I forget which one now they all kind of blend together but they were saying Markovic is suffering quiet badly for homesickness and that is playing a part in his lack of confidence this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Listening to a podcast yesterday I forget which one now they all kind of blend together but they were saying Markovic is suffering quiet badly for homesickness and that is playing a part in his lack of confidence this season.

Homesickness.. but he's from Serbia and he joined us from Benfica. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm with tok9 in calling bullshít on that one

He just needs time to settle and hopefully develop

tok9 wrote: »
    Homesickness.. but he's from Serbia and he joined us from Benfica. :P

It could be but he was only at Benfica for about 10 months before joining us you would wonder how many of his family came to Liverpool with him to help him integrate into a new Country and language.

Also along with playing out of position and not getting full games is going to affect confidence I would guess.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Defo, needs to adjust to his new positioning and that defenders are going to put the boot in alot more in English football.
    He's had flashes of brilliance so far, but needs more time to get settled.
    Doesn't help that there is more competition for him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Talisman wrote: »
    Time traveller, eh? So many questions ... Do they have flying cars in the future? Any chance you could give us the winning numbers for the EuroMillions jackpot on April 24, 2015? Where did Klopp go? Did Rodgers make any impact before the end of the 2014/15 season?

The Euromillions are mine mate!

I use the money to buy the rights to The Borussia Dortmund Footbonaut and make 100's of millions selling it to dodgy US investors who havent a clue about 'soccer'.

From that money i buy Liverpool FC after John Henry accepts my offer, only after i promise to release Linda Pizzuti from my secret underground lair built deep into the blackstairs mountains, (from Enniscorthy, head to Kiltealy and follow the signs for secret underground lair)

With the Club in my hands i aim to solve a riddle that has plagued us Liverpool fans and i hire Klopp, Rafa and Rodgers, i give them each 12 games in the league and £200m each to see who comes out on top. We go into the last 2 games against relegated opposition 6 points clear with a goal difference 21 goals better than UTD in second so i hand the management of the last 2 games over to the boards Liverpool FC superthread with team selection, tactics and changes to be voted upon.

We somehow manage to lose the league with various posters still blaming, Rafa, Rodgers and Klopp depending on their outlook. I therefore assume management myself, hunt down and kill the warring factions on boards using their hate figures to hunt them down, Tipsy being taken out by Rodgers is quite blood curdling and i wont tell you what rafa's favourite method of killing is!!!

Linda develops Stockholm syndrome and comes running back to me and only the rich and powerful have flying cars, Linda and i do, you dont!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

marko needs a loan like ibe and tex,in the uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The best scenario would be getting Khedira....but we know that won't be happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I genuinely think that a large part of the support base still doesn't get what has happened. The draw bridge has been pulled up. Every PL club that is not Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd is now going to have to box clever and hope.

Mike that's bollox we should be in for Messi this summer :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

marko needs a loan like ibe and tex,in the uk

Might actually be an impactful player at Championship level alright. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Only Ciro Immobile :(

Jeez...we already have enough immobile strikers as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

MD1990 wrote: »
    FSG have done a good job with Liverpool since 2010. We spent over 100m poorly last summer which is not there fault. I blame Ayre,The Commitee & Rodgers not FSG.

Considering some of the duds bought and that many would doubt the effectiveness of the overall buys, they've lucked out with Rodgers and his title challenge.

Carroll, Downing, Adam, Lovren, Balotelli, nothing much there for £100 Million odd.

Plus barring Coutinho our buys in the 18-20 year age bracket have been underwhelming.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The Euromillions are mine mate!

I use the money to buy the rights to The Borussia Dortmund Footbonaut and make 100's of millions selling it to dodgy US investors who havent a clue about 'soccer'.

From that money i buy Liverpool FC after John Henry accepts my offer, only after i promise to release Linda Pizzuti from my secret underground lair built deep into the blackstairs mountains, (from Enniscorthy, head to Kiltealy and follow the signs for secret underground lair)

With the Club in my hands i aim to solve a riddle that has plagued us Liverpool fans and i hire Klopp, Rafa and Rodgers, i give them each 12 games in the league and £200m each to see who comes out on top. We go into the last 2 games against relegated opposition 6 points clear with a goal difference 21 goals better than UTD in second so i hand the management of the last 2 games over to the boards Liverpool FC superthread with team selection, tactics and changes to be voted upon.

We somehow manage to lose the league with various posters still blaming, Rafa, Rodgers and Klopp depending on their outlook. I therefore assume management myself, hunt down and kill the warring factions on boards using their hate figures to hunt them down, Tipsy being taken out by Rodgers is quite blood curdling and i wont tell you what rafa's favourite method of killing is!!!

Linda develops Stockholm syndrome and comes running back to me and only the rich and powerful have flying cars, Linda and i do, you dont!
    Is that you, OwaynOTT?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

No problem, we'll use the extra £30m a year from Standard Chartered to convert Concert Square in to Serbiantown, a similar idea to Chinatown in the likes of New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

See that's creative problem solving. Unlike the REST OF YOU WHINGERS :)

DVDM93 wrote: »
    No problem, we'll use the extra £30m a year from Standard Chartered to convert Concert Square in to Serbiantown, a similar idea to Chinatown in the likes of New York.

That £30m wouldn't even cover Sterlings £1m a week wage demands:pac:

That £30m wouldn't even cover Sterlings £1m a week wage demands:pac:

The lad has 37 kids to pay maintenance for, I say we cough up the money he wants... and double it!!

kfallon wrote: »
    The best scenario would be getting Khedira....but we know that won't be happening!

True, only khedding ourselves if we think that will happen.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »

Anyone know of someone who is free to join the club and might have some influence in getting us a few German players like Khedira & Reus:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The lad has 37 kids to pay maintenance for, I say we cough up the money he wants... and double it!!

Throw in all the hippy crack a young lad could ask for....and fanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Great news

"I am not leaving anywhere, not to Wolfsburg, nor to Naples"
    Martin Skrtel

NukaCola wrote: »
    Throw in all the hippy crack a young lad could ask for....and fanta

That's a FANTAstic offer tbf, can't see him turning that down. Unless Arsenal put a €1 on top of it.

True, only khedding ourselves if we think that will happen.

picard_shame.gif
    That's a FANTAstic offer tbf, can't see him turning that down. Unless Arsenal put a €1 on top of it.

l2sJi.gif

picard_shame.gif

l2sJi.gif

Don't be jealous x

Jesus... the schools off today?

Ok for those who say we have the 5th highest wages therefore 5th is where we will finish most seasons as we can't afford to compete with the top 4 year in yearout for CL football.

Then surely we must focus on the the EL title as a way into the CL every season.

If winning that becomes our best way into CL football and the money that goes with it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement