Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

D'Agger wrote: »
    My question for the day, if you were choosing what English player to blow a small fortune on would you choose Bolsaise or Berahino?

Can I choose John Stones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My question for the day, if you were choosing what English player to blow a small fortune on would you choose Bolsaise or Berahino?

Neither just neither. I'd sooner pay more for Harry Kane as he would be a much better buy while weakening a direct rival (until March when they pack it in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Silly season going into early overdrive it seems.

Following twitter rumours is such a waste of time and energy. Either they end up holding the jersey or they don't and summary articles will appear that recap alleged reasons a deal broke down. I don't need to know a few hours before it pops up on lfc.tv tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Hookers and Coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Bolasie isn't English but ignoring that I'd take Bolasie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you mean Palace or am I just not getting the West Brom part? :confused:

Yes. Yes I did. :o:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bloasie is 26 in May. 26. He is not a young English talent coming through. He has scored in 2 games this season.

Come on guys. Stop talking about signing him please.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Following twitter rumours is such a waste of time and energy. Either they end up holding the jersey or they don't and summary articles will appear that recap alleged reasons a deal broke down. I don't need to know a few hours before it pops up on lfc.tv tbh.

I agree entirely, except for the fact that reading here or even twitter stops me thinking about work for a while, and that has to be a good thing.

I agree entirely, except for the fact that reading here or even twitter stops me thinking about work for a while, and that has to be a good thing.

Cheer up Dom. Love your life or change it...or some bollocks I read on someone's social media profile that I blocked immediately after reading same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Cheer up Dom. Love your life or change it...or some bollocks I read on someone's social media profile that I blocked immediately after reading same.

And here, have some Linseed on your Organic Granola and a Loganberry Tea...

• Advertisement

Necessary evil Lloyd. It's the least worst option after crunching the numbers. It still doesn't mean I have to like the least worst option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Berahino has the same agent as Sterling and has already caused crap this season over a pay rise or transfer so if we sign how long till he does a Sterling with us looking for £750k or an is doing an interview with the BBC saying he does want any of that.

Nether i would hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FitzShane wrote: »
    Bloasie is 26 in May. 26. He is not a young English talent coming through. He has scored in 2 games this season.

Come on guys. Stop talking about signing him please.

But all I hear is we can't sign top players so maybe he is the best we can sign :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

klose wrote: »

Ah here, they're just leaning on purpose now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Considering Henderson is getting 100k a week.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/23/jordan-henderson-five-year-liverpool-contract

How much should Sterling accept?

120k?

RasTa wrote: »
    Considering Henderson is getting 100k a week.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/23/jordan-henderson-five-year-liverpool-contract

How much should Sterling accept?

120k?

Henderson is better so 90k...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Leaning from the knees so he is,some skill that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Centre midfielder comparison. taken from @reverse_ball

CDRf8vdUIAACKlo.png:large

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

noodler wrote: »
    Henderson is better so 90k...

80k considering he's being a bold pup about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

11188455_973218882710121_6935342349610231016_n.png?oh=0b6a098c6ec9d6bf175d294922f42446&oe=55E39E35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

klose wrote: »
    We are not signing depay lads, just thought I'd get it out there.

You're the new FutureGuy

Neither just neither. I'd sooner pay more for Harry Kane as he would be a much better buy while weakening a direct rival (until March when they pack it in)

Harry Kane would be 80mill sure
    djPSB wrote: »
    Hookers and Coke.

The dynamic duo could be just what we need :pac:
    x43r0 wrote: »
    Bolasie isn't English but ignoring that I'd take Bolasie

My bad on that count - would take Berahino first tbh - him, Sterling, Ibe as a front 3 would have enough pace to cause serious problems & Berahino is well able to put them away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Some Rodgers quotes from the press conference
    Rodgers on Klopp talk: "When you are at a club like Liverpool, will be lots of names mentioned. It goes with being at a big club."
    Rodgers: "If take emotion out of last weekend, this is a team who over achieved last season. It had a world class striker & nearly won title
    Rodgers: "Our ambition is to be better and plan forward, that means bringing in players in the summer. Plans to do that are well underway
    Rodgers says that being fifth and getting to two semi finals is "on par" to where Liverpool are at right now.

Rodgers on transfer committee: "There's no need to clarify. There's a group of people who will identify and recruit players just like at most clubs."
    Rodgers says three months ago he was a "tactical genius" - he doesn't get carried away when they win.
    Rodgers: "I don't think there's anyone better (to manage #LFC). I have a strong relationship with the owners."

Rodgers should have hust said the season has been disapointing. Don't understand how it can be on par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Using a word like overachieving won't do him any favours with the fanbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rodgers should have hust said the season has been disapointing. Don't understand how it can be on par.

Well just be logical, there's 4 teams above Liverpool, which of those teams do you genuinely feel you have better players than? IMO the 4 teams above Liverpool have better players than them (and probably higher wage bills to go with it) and so they should be expecting to finish above Liverpool.

And 2 cup semi finals equates to 2 very good cup runs, obviously a disappointment not to win either or at east reach a final but a semi final is still a bloody good cup run.

I'm not a fan of Liverpool but to me anyway I think the issue is they've just spent so much money on players that were no better than what they had already in a lot of cases. Like say they gave the guts of 50m (and probably about another 10m in wages to the 3 players already this season) to Southampton and have any of those 3 really improved things? Not really I'd say, Lallana has had his moments but for 25m you'd expect a lot better.

They've sort of done what Spurs did after they sold Bale, and basically sold 1 world class player and tried to replace him with 4 or 5 decent ones and it just hasn't worked out. It's just so hard to replace a real top class player as both teams have discovered.

But it's easy to say to go out and buy the real top players and pay whatever it takes etc but these guys are in very low supply and very high demand which makes them very hard to get.

And as we've seen from United this season even going out and buying those world class players is no guarantee they'll be a success, Falcao has been horrific and Di Maria has been very good in patches but very inconsistent.

It's not like we have 5th locked up either.

• Advertisement

Fabregas, 7th on the list, and out of the league for three years :pac:

Rodgers says that being fifth and getting to two semi finals is "on par" to where Liverpool are at right now

I wouldn't disagree with that, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's not like we have 5th locked up either.

If there is a chance of 8th I think Liverpool need to at least try for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

"If take emotion out of last weekend, this is a team who over achieved last season. It had a world class striker & nearly won title"

Funnily enough BR agrees with me that Suarez is the main reason why LFC nearly one the title last season. I actually feel a bit sorry for him that he's gonna get the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Yes... BR agreed with you.

"If take emotion out of last weekend, this is a team who over achieved last season. It had a world class striker & nearly won title"

Funnily enough BR agrees with me that Suarez is the main reason why LFC nearly one the title last season. I actually feel a bit sorry for him that he's gonna get the bullet.

Will you be our next manager please? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Knex. wrote: »
    I wouldn't disagree with that, tbh.

Not sure how any sane person could disagree with that, in fact 5th place and two semis is probably a good-ish season when you look at the bigger picture of financials and stuff

Delusions of grandeur from some Liverpool fans aren't helping the current situation at all

What do we need a particular manager for if 5th is where we are going to end up regardless?

Absolute cop-out talk. He wasn't saying stuff like that at the start of the season to the best of my knowledge.

An absolute peach of a run to an FA Cup final pissed away - but its okay as a semi-final appearance is "on par".

If we finish 6th or 7th, can we hold him to his words and get him to admit he has been a failure because we didn't reach the "par" of 5th?

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Using a word like overachieving won't do him any favours with the fanbase.

Those of the fanbase with some brain cells knew last year was an overachievment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

"If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

Changed his tune hasn't he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

All i can say is this place is getting worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It says it all when a ****ing United fan posts sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah, I'm leaving and going to rawk for a more level headed, non bias level of conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jan 2015
    “The reality was, with so many changes, we were not going to win the league this season. I believe we will be ready to challenge for the title next year,” said Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Augeo wrote: »
    Those of the fanbase with some brain cells knew last year was an overachievment.

I don't disagree with you but that kind of bullishness won't do him any favours when he's already under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Blame the manager all you want but some poster refuse to believe that the FSG transfer policy is an even bigger issue.

I don't care how good of a manger you are, if you aren't given a few players to coach of a skillset on par or better than the rest of the top 4 then you cant compete. You would struggle to choose many players in the Liverpool squad who would start in any of the Top 4 squads. That is the reality and we will be surpassed further this summer if recruitment doesn't improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Not sure how any sane person could disagree with that, in fact 5th place and two semis is probably a good-ish season when you look at the bigger picture of financials and stuff

Delusions of grandeur from some Liverpool fans aren't helping the current situation at all

the audacity of certain liverpool fans thinking they should be more than a point ahead of southampton having spent more than everyone in the league this past 3 years under rodgers bar man utd and chelsea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

4th isn't over until it's over.

I cannot see us winning 6 matches in a row the way we are playing, but stranger things have happened.

If we do, we finish on 75 points and then either
    - United lose two (I'm looking at you Everton (a) and Arsenal (h)
    - City lose on and draw one (Spurs and Southampton)

Clutching at straws to say the least. West Brom to put me out of my misery at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Oh you!

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Blame the manager all you want but some poster refuse to believe that the FSG transfer policy is an even bigger issue.

I don't care how good of a manger you are, if you aren't given a few players to coach of a skillset on par or better than the rest of the top 4 then you cant compete. You would struggle to choose many players in the Liverpool squad who would start in any of the Top 4 squads. That is the reality and we will be surpassed further this summer if recruitment doesn't improve.

Every aspect has its part to play. If you believe some of those aspects can be upgraded my belief is that you should pull the trigger - even if other aspects remain less than acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement