Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Theme from minder = emre can song... Could be epic..will link tune from laptop later...orrrr someone oblige please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's this flavour of the month buying that has Liverpool where they are now. Paying over the odds for average Premier League players who happen to be in-form, like Lovren, Allen, Lambert and Lallana is a fool's game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Theme from minder = emre can song... Could be epic..will link tune from laptop later...orrrr someone oblige please

Or as a (crap) alternative...

To the tune of Life Goes On (by the Beatles initially, appropriately enough).

"In midfield, in defence, Emre Can, YAAAAHHHH, OOOOOOOOO, Emre Can".

The above might require a little imagination. Yes, I'm bored and clock watching until it's time to go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Jordy Clasie, Lacezzete, Milner, A right back, A left back, A GK.

Apparently its along the lines of
    "Emre, Emre, Emre Chan
    Emre Chan, Emre Chan"

I'd much prefer
    " Don't we love you Emre,
    Don't we love you, Ooooooh"

Went missing when it counted last weekend.

Still incredibly inconsistant and living off a handful of decent games, same as Moreno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

5starpool wrote: »
    I disagree. Look at the use of Henderson, Ibe, Markovic especially at wing back at various times this season. They are not full backs/wing backs by any definition, and while all did ok at certain aspects, it did show that they certainly lacked in certain areas. Markovic looked uncertain defending, Henderson was much less effective than usual, and Ibe, well Ibe was pretty good in the limited appearances he had.

Even Moreno, who is a full back nominally looked much more exposed, and while the extra CB in theory covers it doesn't work as effectively. Full backs are much more attacking normally now than what was expected 20+ years ago, but defending is still their key responsibility.

I just think personally a settled back 4 is my preference, but we need some protection from midfield as well for it to work, especially with the personnel we have available at the back, but I don't think 3-5-2 is the answer long term.

It was more of 343 this season, In last years system the full backs pushed so high up they may as well have been wingers. The players didn't suite the roles asked of them this year but the duties of a full back and wing back in this years and last years system are near identical imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mignolet

-Right Back----Skrtel--Sakho---Moreno-

Illarramendi

Henderson
    Pjanic

Coutinho

Sterling
    Fit Striker

Bench---Goal Keeper, Can, Lovren, Lucas, Allen, Ibe, Markovic, Sturridge (If fit)

Other youth players... Yeşil, Teixeira etc to be involved around the first team squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mignolet

-Right Back----Skrtel--Sakho---Moreno-

Illarramendi

Henderson
    Pjanic

Coutinho

Sterling
    Fit Striker

Bench---Goal Keeper, Can, Lovren, Lucas, Allen, Ibe, Markovic, Sturridge (If fit)

Other youth players... Yeşil, Teixeira etc to be involved around the first team squad.

Origi? He cost £10m you can be sure he will get a proper run next season. I'm actually very excited about him and seen what he can do,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I disagree. Look at the use of Henderson, Ibe, Markovic especially at wing back at various times this season. They are not full backs/wing backs by any definition, and while all did ok at certain aspects, it did show that they certainly lacked in certain areas. Markovic looked uncertain defending, Henderson was much less effective than usual, and Ibe, well Ibe was pretty good in the limited appearances he had.

Even Moreno, who is a full back nominally looked much more exposed, and while the extra CB in theory covers it doesn't work as effectively. Full backs are much more attacking normally now than what was expected 20+ years ago, but defending is still their key responsibility.

I just think personally a settled back 4 is my preference, but we need some protection from midfield as well for it to work, especially with the personnel we have available at the back, but I don't think 3-5-2 is the answer long term.

Good post, while I think the full backs have worked well in certain games, I don't think in general we have got enough from the them this season no matter who plays.

It has been strange that earlier in the season they looked to be pushed really high up the pitch at all times. As the season has progressed they have tended to be more and more defensive which obviously doesn't suit many of the choices that play in that position. I think often we are requiring far too much of the players in that position. They have to work hard up and down the line but we seem to expect them to be all things to all men. If you are giving them license to push on you have to expect to be caught out and more open at the back. I would rather Rodgers stuck to his attacking philosophy, pushed them on and tried to utilise them in attack as much as possible.

The problem is that we expect them to attack with abandonment but to be back in position all the time when the ball is turned over. The amount of work they cover is too much for one player. It should be more tactical in that you have a holding midfielder who shuffles across when danger arises and the system is fluid in many respects but I have doubts to the amount Rodgers works on any defensive tactical analysis.

I especially think this has been true of Markovic and why I have loads of sympathy with him while others have slated him. I would say he has never worked as hard in his career. Many times when you would see him have a good game or two he would disappear in the next few just being solid. His performances have really trailed off in the last month or two. I honestly believe this is just the energy levels are beyond him. I think they are beyond any player on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rob316 wrote: »
    Origi? He cost £10m you can be sure he will get a proper run next season. I'm actually very excited about him and seen what he can do,.

Yep, as I posted earlier (and only slightly in jest)
    ----Can---Skrtel--Sakho
    Illarramendi
    Hendo---Pjanic
    Sterling---Coutinho---Depay
    Origi (hey why not?!)

I actually think Sterling will be off, I can see no other reason to court Depay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

rob316 wrote: »

Ya looks a promising player, If only we took him last summer and left balo where he was defiantly couldn't be any worse off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Do not want IIIarramendi at all. I feel he could be another Granero & has been very poor at Madrid. For me he is less mobile Joe Allen & would struggle in the PL.

I thought it was completely in jest!?? After you banging on about the failure of the club to acquire a top striker last summer you now want to go with a 20 year old kid who has 8 goals in 38 games in the French league this season.

I thought it was completely in jest!?? After you banging on about the failure of the club to acquire a top striker last summer you now want to go with a 20 year old kid who has 8 goals in 38 games in the French league this season.

He's started 26 games in all comps this season for those 8 goals, playing for a side that was set up for a 0-0 for much of the season, and obviously we need a top striker. Ideally Origi would be 3rd choice, 2nd when Sturridge is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Fear not Danny Ings will come to the rescue :rolleyes:

He's started 26 games in all comps this season for those 8 goals, playing for a side that was set up for a 0-0 for much of the season, and obviously we need a top striker. Ideally Origi would be 3rd choice, 2nd when Sturridge is injured.

The player himself isn't really what I was posting about. He is a decent prospect but no answer to anything next season. Why post a team of new signings with our 3rd choice striker? FSG must be going to break the bank to put together that with a top striker. You seem very found of a little hindsight revisionism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can't see Pjanic going to Liverpool. City, United and a few others around Europe would be in for him if he was to leave I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kirby wrote: »
    Surely winning the Europa league and obtaining a champions league spot is a big enough carrot now to take it seriously?

Comparing last season and this one would suggest the Europa is more a hindrance than a help. The BBC did a piece suggesting that's for most clubs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

If he does leave and it's depay and a striker for him I could live with that happening.
    If sterling wants to progress as a player sign the contract with LFC and don't be too worried about money because he will become a millionaire. Right now he needs to focus on his game because of his young age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hurhurhur Harry said Fanni.

beavis_and_butthead_transparent_template_by_gmannytheanimator-d5fagfm.jpg

Liam O wrote: »
    Can't see Pjanic going to Liverpool. City, United and a few others around Europe would be in for him if he was to leave I'd say.

We might as well just give up really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

What makes you so sure Sterling is off Harry? We may be a disaster buying but we seem to know how to play hard ball selling (Suarez, Torres, even the money we somehow recouped on Carroll).

To me FSG will have a price in their head for Sterling and there will be no wavering on it regardless of how much the player moans.

I'm sure it's a hefty valuation and I just can't see any club matching it.

Around the same age as Kolo i'd guess Kolo is off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

rarnes1 wrote:
    Still incredibly inconsistant and living off a handful of decent games, same as Moreno

The whole team went missing last weekend...

Emre is still only 20 and playing out of his favourite position. I believe he will come good.

Also believe once Moreno learns to not keep putting his arms behind his back he'll be a better defender

Jon Stark wrote: »
    What makes you so sure Sterling is off Harry? We may be a disaster buying but we seem to know how to play hard ball selling (Suarez, Torres, even the money we somehow recouped on Carroll).

To me FSG will have a price in their head for Sterling and there will be no wavering on it regardless of how much the player moans.

I'm sure it's a hefty valuation and I just can't see any club matching it.

Its possible a decision has already been made of course (and that a club has indicated they are willing to meet a price) otherwise I just can't see the logic to Depay - (who is in Liverpool this evening apparently)

Sterling/Ibe/Markovic/Depay added to Coutinho, Lallana is definitely over-egging the pudding unless Rodgers has a vision of trying to develop a striker free attack for when they are all injured!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Its possible a decision has already been made of course (and that a club has indicated they are willing to meet a price) otherwise I just can't see the logic to Depay - (who is in Liverpool this evening apparently)

Sterling/Ibe/Markovic/Depay added to Coutinho, Lallana is definitely over-egging the pudding unless Rodgers has a vision of trying to develop a striker free attack for when they are all injured!

It's obvious, Liverpool aren't signing Depay.

I can't take the Depay rumour seriously though, any link we have with him gives me the Shaqiri vibe i.e a player just using us as bait to make other clubs force their hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Oranage2 wrote: »
    It's obvious, Liverpool aren't signing Depay.

Don't know how you come up with that , it could happen he might decide I want to play in the premier league and be a starter and of all the teams looking at him he is a stater for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

I suppose anything is possible if you're willing to pay enough, we aren't though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Out of interest has anyone seen this yet?

https://twitter.com/greedysterling

Who love's a bit of net spend on a Friday?

CDXxqK7W4AEXLOF.jpg

and people wonder why we're 5th-ish! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Out of interest has anyone seen this yet?

https://twitter.com/greedysterling

Funny as an STD.

I love an oul net spend debate but last summer's spending has left us no where to hide.

£20m on Marko who is apparently homesick.

£16m on Mario who looks out the door.

£25m on Lallana who seems injury prone and who at best can only described as an energetic tryer.

And then there's £12m on Moreno who while talented is still as green as he was when he made his debut against City.

Can't hide behind net spent when your buying is that utterly woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I love an oul net spend debate but last summer's spending has left us no where to hide.

£20m on Marko who is apparently homesick.

£16m on Mario who looks out the door.

£25m on Lallana who seems injury prone and who at best can only described as an energetic tryer.

And then there's £12m on Moreno who while talented is still as green as he was when he made his debut against City.

Can't hide behind net spent when your buying is that utterly woeful.

Bit harsh on Lallana (leaving aside the price tag) who I think is a lot better than an "energetic tryer". Especially at his best. Unfortunately he was either injured or coming back from injury for about 80% of the season.

Sorry if it was posted already, I had something in my eye after watching it while searching to see if it was posted before.

Far from me to be sceptical, but where did you hear this nugget of information? Why would he be in Liverpool this evening? It's not like he is liable to sign or agree anything at this time of the season?

As said above, the only way we'd get him ahead of the rumoured competition is if he values first XI football and thinks we are the best chance.

Bit harsh on Lallana (leaving aside the price tag) who I think is a lot better than an "energetic tryer". Especially at his best. Unfortunately he was either injured or coming back from injury for about 80% of the season.

Maybe harsh but for fear of beating a dead horse, I'm just incredibly frustrated at how the kitty was spent.

I'd just expect a lot more for what was our most expensive signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Bolasie is being mentioned because he played well against Liverpool. It's a matter of time before it's Grealish and Delph. Happens every window, same as the semi-annual Ashley Williams and Salomon Kalou links.
    Liverpool made an offer for Delph in January so the interest was genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Far from me to be sceptical, but where did you hear this nugget of information? Why would he be in Liverpool this evening? It's not like he is liable to sign or agree anything at this time of the season?

As said above, the only way we'd get him ahead of the rumoured competition is if he values first XI football and thinks we are the best chance.

FFS. Stupid question. He's in Liverpool tonight to pull some old bird in The Vines after he's murdered Sweet Caroline on the karaoke.
    Honestly, have you ever been?

mosstin wrote: »
    FFS. Stupid question. He's in Liverpool tonight to pull some old bird in The Vines after he's murdered Sweet Caroline on the karaoke.
    Honestly, have you ever been?

The Vines is a special place alright.

googled eyes, could you post the link where that is taken from please.

I just made it all up..........

Not really. Ill find it and put it up soon

He is on tour - Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG and Bayern have all expressed an official interest it seems and Depay and his people are talking to all of them. I was wondering about playing this weekend but PSV have already won the league so maybe he'd been given the time off he needs. The club know they are loosing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

He is on tour - Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG and Bayern have all expressed an official interest it seems and Depay and his people are talking to all of them. I was wondering about playing this weekend but PSV have already won the league so maybe he'd been given the time off he needs. The club know they are loosing him.

So there's a chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Well at least we're 4th in the table in that list of teams of who he's most likely to be interested in/most likely to sign him.

1. Bayern
    2. PSG/United
    4. Liverpool

European tour just like the one Hazard was on lol.

So Depay is doing an Odegaard... Well we have no hope then.

googled eyes, could you post the link where that is taken from please.

A guy called @kopice86 tweeted it to Andy Heaton earlier on and it says "Stats from lfchistory.net" at the top of it if that's any help.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement