Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    How are the drugs things, good Sir?

Not strong enough.
    We might as well just give up really.

And take the whole lot down with us in spite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And take the whole lot down with us in spite.

Sounds good. I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The club know they are loosing him.
    PSV are keen to cash in, there was plenty of interest in him last summer but he refused to leave. If PSG sign him then we should try to get Bahebeck on loan with the option to buy. He's already behind Cavani, Lavezzi and Pastore so he's not likely to get much playing time if Depay joins them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Well at least we're 4th in the table in that list of teams of who he's most likely to be interested in/most likely to sign him.

1. Bayern
    2. PSG/United
    3. The Vines F.C.
    4. Liverpool

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

mosstin wrote: »
    ;)

I don't get it :(

I don't get it :(

You're guaranteed to get it at The Vines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

A guy called @kopice86 tweeted it to Andy Heaton earlier on and it says "Stats from lfchistory.net" at the top of it if that's any help.

Ah thanks, I wasn't doubting the info I just thought their might have been an article with anyalsis to go with it.

It makes you think if FSG hadn't been been very lucky over the last few years with two very big sales to put money into spending how much more negatively they would be viewed given the kind of net spend they have made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

mosstin wrote: »
    You're guaranteed to get it at The Vines.

Ah yes ;)

Sadly, my first night in Liverpool which was also my first Liverpool game wasn't as memorable. Monday night, Gerrard missed a peno, Luakaku and West Brom walked through us to win 2-0. My first game and a loss.

Fcuk it, still a night out in Liverpool to be had. Get to concert square, empty. There wasn't a place open or sign of human life anywhere. Where did I we end up? Pop world. Jesus. It was all but empty except for 3 girls and a fella from Dublin. Got talking to them while my brother went to the bathroom. Had to cut the convo short when I noticed he has been gone quite a while. Go up to find him puking his ring up. Had to literally carry him over my shoulders back to the Ibis hotel down, the one right across from The Beatles Story/Big Wheel place.

edit: forgot to mention we were originally supposed to be staying in the Brittania Adelphi hotel. Got there, long story short there was a mix up with booking and the room we had booked was gone. Couldn't check in. Spent half an hour at reception whilst they tried on the phone to find a place for us elsewhere (Ibis when they did) Just about made kick off between all that happening as we flew over that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

what have I just walked in on.. ? I only came in to make the following joke and out

Apparantly we are getting Depay.

Depay too much money!!! hahahhah

That was it.. soz

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah yes ;)

Sadly, my first night in Liverpool which was also my first Liverpool game wasn't as memorable. Monday night, Gerrard missed a peno, Luakaku and West Brom walked through us to win 2-0. My first game and a loss.

Fcuk it, still a night out in Liverpool to be had. Get to concert square, empty. There wasn't a place open or sign of human life anywhere. Where did I we end up? Pop world. Jesus. It was all but empty except for 3 girls and a fella from Dublin. Got talking to them while my brother went to the bathroom. Had to cut the convo short when I noticed he has been gone quite a while. Go up to find him puking his ring up. Had to literally carry him over my shoulders back to the Ibis hotel down, the one right across from The Beatles Story/Big Wheel place.

edit: forgot to mention we were originally supposed to be staying in the Brittania Adelphi hotel. Got there, long story short there was a mix up with booking and the room we had booked was gone. Couldn't check in. Spent half an hour at reception whilst they tried on the phone to find a place for us elsewhere (Ibis when they did) Just about made kick off between all that happening as we flew over that day.

Sunday/Monday nights in Liverpool are dead pretty much. I'm heading over with a few next weekend for the QPR game for a couple of nights.

Will probably avoid the Vines though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think Lallana is going to be a very good player for Liverpool next season with a good preseason behind him and going into the season with something to prove as he moves into his prime years. I'm anticipating a ten odd goal season and a good few assists if he's given his chance and can avoid injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Guardian flanning fames er you know what I mean
    Brendan Rodgers casts doubt on Daniel Sturridge’s future at Liverpool

Brendan Rodgers has cast doubt on Daniel Sturridge’s status as Liverpool’s first-choice striker by admitting the club must sign a consistent goalscorer this summer who can perform “at a top level every week”.

Asked whether Sturridge can be considered as Liverpool’s main striker for next season given his injury problems, Rodgers replied: “He’s not fit and once he can show that consistency and fitness, you can see in his performance level that it’s a high one. But obviously he has missed a lot of the season so we need to assess it. Either way, if he’s not available, we need to have that support.”

Rodgers added: “We have to hope with Daniel that this year was just an unlucky season and he can come back super-fit and super-strong because he has an immense talent. You can’t argue with that. He can be as good as any striker in the world with his talent.”

Nevertheless, Rodgers admits adding a top-class goalscorer will be essential to correcting this season’s faults. He said pointedly: “I need one that is going to be playing and at a top level every week.”

The Mirror man is getting excited, David Madock writes

I'll let you click that foul ****ing social media infested web page. Why do they put people off with the automatic loading videos and picture gallery crap? :mad:

Id rather eat Dunnes stores cheese than listen to Madock.. its been that way for some time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So are FSG going to Depay the price for Depay or low ball it.

I had to read that twice!

The Express have jumped aboard the Depay Express citing how impressed the young chap was with the vision outlined by Brendan Rodgers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Paul Joyce says we are favourites
    An Anfield delegation met the PSV Eindhoven star for discussions along with his agent Kees Ploegsma.

Depay, 21, is understood to have been impressed by the vision outlined by Liverpool and the club will now approach Dutch champions PSV about striking a fee of around £20m for a player who has also interested Manchester United and PSG.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is keen to bolster his attacking options and Depay scored 21 goals as PSV won their first title in seven years.

It comes with injury-hit Daniel Sturridge's long-term future at the club plunged into doubt as Rodgers claimed he will buy a forward who can play at a "top level every week" for next season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/572838/Liverpool-Memphis-Depay

still don't think we will sign him

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MD1990 wrote: »

Large chunk of salt imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

So today, United have been strongly linked with two players, both on skysports this week. Depay and Gundogan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

MD1990 wrote: »

Is he a reliable source ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Is he a reliable source ?

Paul Joyce is one of the best when it comes to LFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Really is a must win tomorrow, if anything just to slow down all the speculation.

5starpool wrote: »
    Large chunk of salt imo.

You're suggesting more salt on Depay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

klose wrote: »
    Playing depay at wing back would be a horrendous idea (not that we are signing him....)

I'm sick of seeing players being played out of position... put the pieces in the right places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

mada999 wrote: »
    I'm sick of seeing players being played out of position... put the pieces in the right places

We want Flanagan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Does anyone think Liverpool are in a tricky situation with Sturridge? He's on massive wages and when he's fit he's probably as good a striker as we will have playing for us in the next few seasons, however he really cannot be relied upon to be fit as we've seen this season. I can't see the owners spending £20m+ on a top class striker when we already have Sturridge, yet I think one is badly needed because if Sturridge is plagued by injury again next year we're going to end up in a similar situation to this season. I've a bad feeling that Sturridge, Origi, Ings and one out of Lambert/Balotelli/Borini could be our forward options next season.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Went missing when it counted last weekend.

Still incredibly inconsistant and living off a handful of decent games, same as Moreno

Let him make his mistakes in CM and not in defense imo

5starpool wrote: »
    Sunday/Monday nights in Liverpool are dead pretty much. I'm heading over with a few next weekend for the QPR game for a couple of nights.

Will probably avoid the Vines though.

like mostly every city big town except Carlow..mad shenanigans there of a monday night :)

So are FSG going to Depay the price for Depay or low ball it.

low ball it, say they tried, and get some potential in for £5-10m

KingJamsie wrote: »
    We want Flanagan.

yup at the least he'll throw a hard tackle in and show some fight,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

mada999 wrote: »
    yup at the least he'll throw a hard tackle in and show some fight,,

He'll have something hard to show alright.

We all remember that image; (

• Advertisement

Is anyone gonna watch this.. ? i mean .. cmon its totally pointless. Crnge ... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

he is right though .. if you cant be depended on to perform we will get someone in who we can depend on,we cant afford lads playing on reputation..like stevie,johnson,mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

So transfer window and FSG spin season is just around the corner and we have already seen a few opening shots as is par for the course for spin season.

There have been murmurings of £30m plus sales for the manager, funny How we always seem to get these sort of leaks around this time yet the average net spend per window under FSG has been £13m,quite a jump to £30m plus sales.

Again a few of the names being linked are encouraging, Depay, illaremendi, naingollan, pjanic are a few that stand out. Encouraging to be fair, and players that would add a lot to the team.

However Depay is being courted by others which immediately rules us out, the FSG approach being of course to bow out once another team becomes interested with the quotes ringing in our ears of not overpaying for a player. The same as Sanchez, Willian, Salah etc.

Again the other players are encouraging but we are likely to have competition which rules us out again.

Looking at the links I think we need to be more realistic, we generally haven't recently signed players from clubs that are of a higher or equal level to us unless the club wanted rid ie: players on a decent wedge of wages. We target lower wages players where Liverpool is seen as a step up in wages or as a club. Even if it means over paying.

The likes of Ings, Bolasie spring to mind and of course a couple of free transfers, Milner and Konoplyanka might arrive (kono just in time to try and help us win the league last season!)

I don't see much money being available or much being spent to be honest, Milner and Konoplyanka on frees with maybe one or two others but the others not been someone the likes of Depay for example.

Meanwhile our rivals will add numerous star players while we feed off their scraps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Whats the story with depay, i know nothing about him tbh except that he has scored21 goals in holland,but didnt kuyt score there for fun before he came,i know luis was there too and that turned out ok but most of these lads dont cut it in the pl when they come over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Whats the story with depay, i know nothing about him tbh except that he has scored21 goals in holland,but didnt kuyt score there for fun before he came,i know luis was there too and that turned out ok but most of these lads dont cut it in the pl when they come over

And what a player Kuyt turned out to be for us.. Suarez well, we'll never get that lucky again.

Plenty of Dutch attacking international players played in the Dutch League have come over & made an impact - Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie - not many have chosen PL first ,to my knowledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

the kelt wrote: »
    So transfer window and FSG spin season is just around the corner and we have already seen a few opening shots as is par for the course for spin season.

There have been murmurings of £30m plus sales for the manager, funny How we always seem to get these sort of leaks around this time yet the average net spend per window under FSG has been £13m,quite a jump to £30m plus sales.

Again a few of the names being linked are encouraging, Depay, illaremendi, naingollan, pjanic are a few that stand out. Encouraging to be fair, and players that would add a lot to the team.

That 13m figure is misleading when we're often spending 0 during the winter window.

It's no surprise that the further back you go, the less we spend. That's true of everyone.

With an increase in turnover, we can expect an increase in net spend.
    If that doesn't happen, then questions need to be asked about where the money goes.
    And it's won't be on wages - we're getting a minimum of £13m/yr off the wages and, with the likely departure of a few more players in addition to Johnson and Gerrard, it'll probably closer to double that. More will be added back on, hopefully, but I doubt it'll cover the difference.

Stadium expenses might be a factor, but I'm not sure what sort of bookeeping shenanigans we're going to do with those and how they relate to FFP.
    In the end, we're not actually spending that much on the Stadium in comparison to if we'd built a whole new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Chesty08 wrote: »
    And what a player Kuyt turned out to be for us.. Suarez well, we'll never get that lucky again.

Plenty of Dutch attacking international players played in the Dutch League have come over & made an impact - Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie - not many have chosen PL first ,to my knowledge
    I love kuyt, he was a great player for usq. But we bought him to score lots of goals. If we had got him for the job he ended up doing, no problem, but we didn't. We wanted a goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Gbear wrote: »
    And it's won't be on wages - we're getting a minimum of £13m/yr off the wages and, with the likely departure of a few more players in addition to Johnson and Gerrard, it'll probably closer to double that. More will be added back on, hopefully, but I doubt it'll cover the difference.

Agree with your there. a Good summer would be getting rid of the dead wood

OUT
    Glen Johnson- released 90,000 of wages gone;
    Enrique - 4 million 65000 of wages;
    Coates- 2 million 50,000 of wages;
    Toure released 60,000;
    Gerard - 140,000 of wages;
    Lucas - 5 million 65,000 of wages;
    Rahem - 40 million 40,000 wages;
    Rickie lambert 1 million;
    Borini 8 million 60,000;
    Ballotelli 12 Million 110,000 wages;

IN
    Flanagan (like a new signing when he come backs)
    Ilori recalled
    Wisdom recalled
    Tex recalled
    Origi recalled
    Milner Free
    Ings free
    Delph 15 million
    There should be a big splurge on a striker. Go all out and get depay

I'd be happy with that bit of business.
    would like to see us play the following team where possible for the remaining games
    ibe Sktrel Sakho Flanagan
    Can coutniho Henderson
    Markovic Sturridge (borini)Sterling

Well there you go nothing will change when it comes to transfers.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/591752368561233920

• Advertisement

Latest on Depay from Rik Elfrink @RikElfrink who is the PSV man on the "PSV" paper

http://www.ed.nl/sport/voetbal/psv/liverpool-wil-psv-er-depay-1.4880239

LONDON - Memphis Depay this week was not in England for an interview with Manchester United, says PSV. Everything indicates that he flew over the North Sea for another club Liverpool. This week came the news that Friday morning Depay for Manchester United has flown to England. Which was denied by all sides. He hath gathered with his management about Liverpool. Depay is doing a tour of various clubs and previously he already spoke with Paris Saint-Germain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Bowlardo wrote: »

OUT
    Toure released 60,000;
    Borini 8 million 60,000;

IN
    Flanagan (like a new signing when he come backs)
    Ilori recalled
    Wisdom recalled
    Tex recalled
    Origi recalled
    Milner Free
    Ings free
    Delph 15 million
    There should be a big splurge on a striker. Go all out and get depay

I'd be happy with that bit of business.
    would like to see us play the following team where possible for the remaining games
    ibe Sktrel Sakho Flanagan
    Can coutniho Henderson
    Markovic Sturridge (borini)Sterling

I'm sorry, did I read that right? You want to sell our best midfielder for 5m?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I'm sorry, did I read that right? You want to sell our best midfielder for 5m?

And then pay £15m for Delph??,

Hidalgo wrote: »
    And then pay £15m for Delph??,

I didn't even see that :)

Delph and Ings?

tumblr_m5u9kcb0fu1r7nntv.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Monchi (Sevilla DoF) to Liverpool is doing the rounds on twitter this morning.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Delph and Ings?

tumblr_m5u9kcb0fu1r7nntv.gif

Some people will just never learn. I realise we're not a big team anymore but we're much bigger than those 2 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bowlardo wrote: »

OUT
    Toure released 60,000;
    Borini 8 million 60,000;

You're forgetting Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto if we're talking deadwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Monchi would be a great signing I think.

Monchi would be a great signing I think.

Why ?

Is Rodgers changing his mind on a DoF then or FSG?

If FSG are insistent on a DoF they may be losing faith in Rodgers after backing him for so long when he said he wouldn't work under one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement