Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Agree with your there. a Good summer would be getting rid of the dead wood

OUT
    Glen Johnson- released 90,000 of wages gone;
    Enrique - 4 million 65000 of wages;
    Coates- 2 million 50,000 of wages;
    Toure released 60,000;
    Gerard - 140,000 of wages;
    Lucas - 5 million 65,000 of wages;
    Rahem - 40 million 40,000 wages;
    Rickie lambert 1 million;
    Borini 8 million 60,000;
    Ballotelli 12 Million 110,000 wages;

IN
    Flanagan (like a new signing when he come backs)
    Ilori recalled
    Wisdom recalled
    Tex recalled
    Origi recalled
    Milner Free
    Ings free
    Delph 15 million
    There should be a big splurge on a striker. Go all out and get depay

We've had some bad windows but that's just throwing rocks through them for pure divilment!

Selling Lucas for 5 million or indeed at all would be a bad idea, he'll be needed for a season yet I think. You list would (in your view) raise about 60m and yet you'd only be looking to buy Delph and a striker (or striker plus Depay?) I think Liverpool can do better and will do better.

I'd play Depay as a striker in a 4-4-2 diamond or as part of an attacking 4-3-3, if he arrived

Sturridge-Origi-Depay
    Markovic--Sturridge--Depay
    Ibe----Sturridge---Depay
    Origi---Strridge--Depay
    Markovic---Origi--Ibe
    Markovic--Depay--Ibe

and Sterling stayed then you'd have more variations than days in the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Monchi (Sevilla DoF) to Liverpool is doing the rounds on twitter this morning.

Seems to be a few corroborating sources over this but still very thin. Guy on twitter Mike Bernard who claims to be a former LFC lawyer tweeted a few days ago that FSG looking for a DOF, they were recommended Monchi who they have sounded out. Tweets now from people who claim to have seen him at Liverpool offices this week. Ah we all love a bit of gossip :)

It would be abosolutely massive news if true as he is widely regarded as one of the best in the business. I would breath a massive sigh of relief if we could get someone like him overseeing things.

It would be an interesting tactic by FSG - basically they'd be saying "our way or the highway, did you hear Jurgan Klopp is available?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

OUT
    Toure released 60,000;
    Borini 8 million 60,000;
    Ballotelli 12 Million 110,000 wages;

IN
    Ilori recalled
    Wisdom recalled
    Tex recalled
    Origi recalled
    Milner Free
    Ings free
    Delph 15 million

I'd be happy with that bit of business.
    would like to see us play the following team where possible for the remaining games
    ibe Sktrel Sakho Flanagan
    Can coutniho Henderson
    Markovic Sturridge (borini)Sterling

Sterling is our best player and everything should be done to keep him. Get rid of Sturridge, Markovic and Lovren. No matter what happens next season will be more of the same garbage unless a top manager comes in.

For anyone who would like to know a little more about the rumoured DOF target - http://www.espnfc.com/name/15/blog/post/1981765/headline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

A proper DOF like Monchi would be a step in the right direction and if it happens then a good move. The committee along with someone like Monchi can work but not the way it currently does.

bayern have a committee but crucially a player isn't signed unless everyone agrees on the committee unlike our X factor system where the majority vote wins.

It would be an interesting tactic by FSG - basically they'd be saying "our way or the highway, did you hear Jurgan Klopp is available?"

I wonder though how Brendan feels towards a DOF at this stage. Fair enough when he came in he was full of the idea that he wanted to be Mr Billy big balls but I wonder how much of that vision has faded with experience and seeing how things actually work. If I was him I think at this stage I would have done a complete u-turn on the need for a DOF.

I'm only really learning about this guy now but he seems right up FSG's street. Buys and develops young talent to sell on for big profits.

Dirky is doing his bit for Liverpool re Depay - says its important he goes to a club where is will get the most game time. ie certainly not Bayern Munich or PSG and probably not Utd either esp when you look at the number of wide men they have - Di Maria, Young, Mata, Januzaj (okay he'd go on loan I'd say), Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Dirky is doing his bit for Liverpool re Depay - says its important he goes to a club where is will get the most game time. ie certainly not Bayern Munich or PSG and probably not Utd either esp when you look at the number of wide men they have - Di Maria, Young, Mata, Januzaj (okay he'd go on loan I'd say), Valencia

He has a very good relationship with Van Gaal, apparently. That could swing it

That's been the assumption from the start but going from the Dutch media Utd seem to be becoming less likely rather than the obvious destination. Could all change in a moment of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

OUT
    Toure released 60,000;
    Borini 8 million 60,000; - Played virtually nothing this season is is clearly not part of BR's plans, if ye get 4 or 5 ye will be doing well.
    Ballotelli 12 Million 110,000 wages; - A liability in every way, shape and form. I can see him being loaned out to some Italian team with LFC paying half his wages or if he is sold, no more than 7 or 8 million.

IN
    Ilori recalled
    Wisdom recalled
    Tex recalled
    Origi recalled
    Milner Free
    Ings free
    Delph 15 million

I'd be happy with that bit of business.
    would like to see us play the following team where possible for the remaining games
    ibe Sktrel Sakho Flanagan
    Can coutniho Henderson
    Markovic Sturridge (borini)Sterling

Bolded bits imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bolded bits imo.

Hard to argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If he thinks he has the talent why wouldn't he go to a big team? Hasn't he got enough game time with PSV? Coming off the back of winning a league

If those are his options I'd go

Munich
    United
    PSG
    Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

It seems the Monchi links with Liverpool are more to do with a possible deal for Aspas rather than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

the kelt wrote: »
    It seems the Monchi links with Liverpool are more to do with a possible deal for Aspas rather than anything else.

Monchi for Aspas I think we are getting the better of that deal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Monchi for Aspas I think we are getting the better of that deal :pac:

Depends on how Monchi is on corners though.

Sterling is our best player and everything should be done to keep him. Get rid of Sturridge, Markovic and Lovren. No matter what happens next season will be more of the same garbage unless a top manager comes in.

Sturridge was bought for pennies... His goals played a huge part in getting us CL football. We can't repeat having no alternative to him but selling makes no sense.

He will no doubt imo play lots of games over the next few years... Much like many other sick notes do.

I'm not sure that Brendan and Daniel get on that well. Didn't Brendan question is willingness to play through the pain barrier earlier in the season and now this latest interview about him from Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm not sure that Brendan and Daniel get on that well. Didn't Brendan question is willingness to play through the pain barrier earlier in the season and now this latest interview about him from Brendan.

He's frustrated he's the only decent striker we have and he keeps breaking down over the slightest issues. Its in stark contrast to someone like Suarez who he coached who played through injury many times.

• Advertisement

Some will say Brendan doesn't get on with many players past or present.

Some will say but Suarez never said anything bad about to counter that.

Southampton giving Tottenham a football lesson at the moment.

Edit ha, Spurs make it 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Some will say Brendan doesn't get on with many players past or present.

Some will say but Suarez never said anything bad about to counter that.

I don't think it's a case of getting along with the play I think it's more a case of the fact Sturrigde seems to be made of glass and it's fustrating the life out of BR. If he has Sturrigde all year then who knows what could have happened this season.

He has a very good relationship with Van Gaal, apparently. That could swing it

That is what we are missing at the club right now.

No one at the club would that kind of relationship with the kind of players we need.

I don't think it's a case of getting along with the play I think it's more a case of the fact Sturrigde seems to be made of glass and it's fustrating the life out of BR. If he has Sturrigde all year then who knows what could have happened this season.

It's one thing if a player is made of glass, genuinely injured and can't play. The leaks from the club earlier in the season were suggesting if Sturridge had a little more mental strength and was prepared to put his body on the line he could have played many of the games he didn't play through injury.

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Can, Ibe, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Balotelli

• Advertisement

Johnson, sigh. Gerrard in a midfield two? Sigh! Happy to see Balo get a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ballotelli and Johnson start.

They really don't wanna win do they...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd love to know the last time Suarez missed a club match because of injury (I know he missed some Uruguay ones before the world cup and the first group game). I don't think he's missed one for Barca, fairly sure he never missed one for us. That's some level of indestructibility. Chalk and cheese to our current players sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd love to know the last time Suarez missed a club match because of injury (I know he missed some Uruguay ones before the world cup and the first group game). I don't think he's missed one for Barca, fairly sure he never missed one for us. That's some level of indestructibility. Chalk and cheese to our current players sadly.

He gets his rest in other ways!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Yeah he even played on when he got that knee injury vs Newcastle even if it was only 10 mins.

Soton v Spurs 2-2. Good result if Liverpool can win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

5th is ours!

2-2 in the early game is a good result for us. 3 wins in the next 8 days (no small feat though the way we are playing) against lower table teams should all but secure 5th for us anyhow. Take it one game at a time though, although I instinctively expect to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Just looked him up and http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luis-suarez/verletzungen/spieler/44352
    No entries available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Balotelli starts!!

andy.gif?w=650

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

It's one thing if a player is made of glass, genuinely injured and can't play. The leaks from the club earlier in the season were suggesting if Sturridge had a little more mental strength and was prepared to put his body on the line he could have played many of the games he didn't play through injury.

Didnt Hodgson suggest something similar?
    Which resulted in plenty venom going his way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I'm sorry, did I read that right? You want to sell our best midfielder for 5m?
    Hidalgo wrote: »
    And then pay £15m for Delph??,
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Delph and Ings?

Selling Lucas for 5 million or indeed at all would be a bad idea, he'll be needed for a season yet I think. I think Liverpool can do better and will do better.

!

I should have clarified at the start of that post that's not what I would do but what I think FSG would do based on previous transfers and the rumours etc.

Re Lucas I think he will move on, long time at the club. has won nothing. the manager didn't show much fate this season and he will certainly be buying 1 maybe 2 CM this window. I mentioned delph because that was who we were after in January. he looked good against us last weekend!
    I think it would be madness to lose lucas without getting a top drawer replacement. Will FSG stump up the money to get one though?
    If you could have Panjec but lucas had to go would you take it?

RE sterling: he was part of a lethal front three that decimated premier league defenders with ease. Suares was on 250, sturridge 100(now 140) and he is left on 30,000. If I was him i'd be pissed. I think he is off.
    I think the FSG are running a PR campaign that when he those take off the will look blameless. I think it shocking how the club handled the situation. His contact should have been renewed last year and put him on 70,000 for 5 years and we would had none of this non sense. Instead I think he is well within his right to be looking of upward of 150,000 although his poor finishing suggests otherwise

RE Milner & INGS - I think Milner is a no brainer. solid proven premier league player, can play right back, right wing, centre midfield , score goals , crosses and seems like a genuine article. I hope FSG & Rogers think the same way
    From what I see of INGS is a lovely player that busts his bollocks. I think benteke will go to united and ings will end up in villa/Newcastle. I don't think we need to go near him but that is not to say that FSG will see him as cheap option.We have Sturridge, origi, depay(or someone of that ilk), and yesil hopefully coming through but it might not be to much of gamble to get Ings on a free considering all of the above mention are not proven yet.

Last years signing were all underwhelming and we need to get rid of pretty much all of them soon as possible. I think Rogers should get more time,The moving on of Gerard will allow him to implement his team he actually wants to play instead of accommodating Gerard.
    Rogers should get the players he wants. He wanted Betrand, Bony and Williams last summer. Big difference to this season if we had of got those players. although he did want lovren too so hard to know how it all works

Away fans are brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I think we should keep Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cool site.
    Just checked Balotellis profile and he actually has more entry's than Sturridge.

How is that even possible; )

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Cool site.
    Just checked Balotellis profile and he actually has more entry's than Sturridge.

How is that even possible; )

Sturridge didn't play enough to get injured before he came to us probably. Balotelli likes sickies for a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sturridge didn't play enough to get injured before he came to us probably. Balotelli likes sickies for a week or two.

One entry had contusion. On first glance I was thinking did he get the Match day mixed up.

Well looks like I'm missing nothing.

Absolute rubbish performance so far. The players are playing like there's nothing left to play for and let's be honest there isn't.

It would be nice to see Liverpool players come onto the pitch looking like they are up for a game.

The players this season really never look like they are up to playing a game let alone winning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

brevity wrote: »
    I think we should keep Mario.

I don't, he's useless to put it mildly.

This summer can't come fast enough, it'll be great to see the back of the likes of Balo, Johnson, Gerrard. They have been phoning it in to varying degrees all season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

brevity wrote: »
    I think we should keep Mario as far away from Liverpool as possible.
    FYP.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement