Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I know, I know. I just think he's one of the few players that we have that is capable of a moment of magic. That it could work for him here. He has scored in Europe for us and in the cups. We should gone to extra time against Villa. He'll probably be sold but I think it would be a mistake.

*Sings You'll Never Walk Alone*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

When did Ian Rush start sports writing?

There's a distinction between rambling about a game you once played and expressing a cogent and analytical view of a situation in a sport you know well.

I thought his article in the Independent about Jack Grealish was very good, and surprisingly well referenced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well this is depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Another day. Another crap performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Pure sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then a piddling point, did we expect any better.? Nope.

Lovren was probably the best player for Liverpool which says it all really. Though I'm glad for him personally as it could be allied to better generally in the last couple of games the turning point for him.

Did you see Skrtel backing off as he defended with both arms behind his back, hopeless lack of mobility by doing that.

This is sort of thing drives me nuts.

Use_of_Space.jpg

There is no angle for attack, the whole thing is as flat as the WBA defence is. The result of which sees players attempt to pick a pass in tight areas to little effect, the ball needs to be pushed quickly into space using a runner be it from deep mid or from the opposing flank (Sterling is out of shot on the right).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What a pile of shyte that was. Rodgers Out/Klopp In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Johnson lazy. Gerrard slow and trying Hollywood passes. Sterling no end product. Coutinho trying to do it all himself. Hendo lacking quality with the ball.

Skrtel and lovren looked comfortable. I thought it was obvious west brom would sit. Thought lambert would've been useful. We are so f*cking toothless it's embarrassing. Lack creativity. Season has petered out. Boring boring Liverpool atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lovren did well,not like he had much to deal with though, West Brom we're set up for the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What a pile of shyte that was. Rodgers Out/Klopp In

Rodgers Out/Anyone In

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gutless again.
    Clueless again.
    Waited until injury time before showing any urgency.
    Pathetic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Yet another load of rubbish. Rodgers outplayed by Pulis, yet again. Aside from Coutinho, the players have given up, although credit to Lovren for a good performance. I'm counting the days till Gerrard leaves. I sincerely hope BR is going after players, now that the season is all but over. United have already made their move yet BR seems to be lagging behind as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

What the hell is the problem with playing more than one striker at a time, yet again all the possession and no-one in the box for the majority of the game. We are not even making it hard for teams to defend against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Gerrard was magnificent today. I think you can see what we are trying to do here as a club. All the players were outstanding today, just needed that wee bit of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rodgers out/Benzema in

Player manager. Two birds, one stone.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I thought we were outstanding today. Couldn't fault the players for effort...

..is what Brendan will say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lovren looked excellent for what he had to do today. Hopefully he can push on from todays performance until the end of the season.

Very blunt up front. Needs a serious overhaul this transfer window. The cash for transfers and wages need to be splashed.

We must be the only team that needs a 'complete overhaul' every season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seamu$ wrote: »
    I thought we were outstanding today. Couldn't fault the players for effort...

..is what Brendan will say...

You're showing a lot of character there.

Shocking stuff again.

Emre Can brutal again. How he keeps getting picked is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We must be the only team that needs a 'complete overhaul' every season

The team is good enough to challenge for fourth with the addition of a top striker. Fit Sturridge today and liverpool win that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Meh. The season is over realistically but I was hoping they wouldn't realise that themselves. If we peter out from here over the remaining five games there will be an absence of momentum to start next season.

Neither Gerrard nor Henderson want to run forearm with the ball, they'd rather just pass it off. Can is the midfielder we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have scored 47 league goals so far this season compared to 101 last season. That's says it all really.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Shocking stuff again.

He didn't have much to do. I didn't think he was brutal. Henderson was quiet again beside Gerrard. The performance was ok just didn't get any luck.

Penny for them . . .

CDcvEoTVAAAqegi.jpg

Nothing left to play for this season, the young lads should get some games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

darced wrote: »
    We dominated the game but as usual were toothless upfront,thought that was a frustrating but pretty good performance.

I ****ing HATE it that anyone can accept such mediocrity.

• Advertisement

Penny for them . . .

CDcvEoTVAAAqegi.jpg

'Again with those f*cking shorts.'

niallo27 wrote: »
    He didn't have much to do. I didn't think he was brutal. Henderson was quiet again beside Gerrard. The performance was ok just didn't get any luck.

He gave the ball away so many times,very wasteful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A pretty good performance? Jesus.

Having 80% possession(or whatever it was) but not knowing what to do with it might be domination of sorts but ultimately it's not worth a **** really,is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

and just as night follows day Rodgers says that Liverpool were outstanding after another sterile lifeless lethargic performance

'We were outstanding'
    West Brom 0-0 Liverpool
    Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers Rodgers: "We created opportunities, our only downfall was taking those chances but that has been a problem over the course of the season. I thought the players were outstanding, their courage and play on the ball. Across the team there were some outstanding performances.

"We have a game in hand and we have to chase that and fight for that but if the players play like they did today nine times out of 10 they would win. We will take this confidence into the midweek game.

"We have to rely on other teams, but we can only do our job and that is still the plan."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shocking stuff again.

Brutal again? Wasn't great today but there was plenty of worse players out there. Strange singling him out imo.

A pretty good performance? Jesus.

Having 80% possession(or whatever it was) but not knowing what to do with it might be domination of sorts but ultimately it's not worth a **** really,is it?

Yeah worrying if people think that was a good performance.

West Brom were happy to let us have the ball and soak up the pressure and we couldn't break them down.

• Advertisement

Yeah worrying if people think that was a good performance.

West Brom were happy to let us have the ball and soak up the pressure and we couldn't break them down.

Decent performance not good. Just didn't get the bounce of the ball and hitting the crossbar. There have been a lot worse performances this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

From what I saw I don't think Rodgers is wrong in what he said. We created chances but couldn't finish them. No where near the disaster that was last Sunday.

People bang on about urgency but forget where urgency got us last season against a Pulis team. We played the right game, a patient game, would have won it on another day.

And that's from someone who is indifferent towards Rodgers right now.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Decent performance not good. Just didn't get the bounce of the ball and hitting the crossbar. There have been a lot worse performances this season.

We're just getting worse at being better. That's the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fella on today fm saying that BR has the worst defensive record of any previous LFC manager over the same period of time, could that be true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

wba lost their last two home games to those football behemoths and all-out attacking powerhouses that are qpr an leicester city

lfc, a wounded animal, stung by the relentless criticism that came their way after yet another big game in which they failed to show up, and with the slim but real possibility of CL still glittering like a fading light in the distance, responded with such a show of force, the very definition of character and spirit as they held out bravely and defiantly against the tactical stranglehold employed by Tony Pulis as his back 10 threatened to ravage us and we stood stong, an outstanding point!

• Advertisement

Fella on today fm saying that BR has the worst defensive record of any previous LFC manager over the same period of time, could that be true?

Google will probably have the answer

In what regard? Goals conceded or actual lost games? Its neither I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Google will probably have the answer

On mobile so googling is a pain in the flange so will check when I get home.

@Harry, I'm presuming it's goals conceded, yer man was a random caller, this show tends to get some serious crack pots calling in, good for the lulz.

Another clean sheet for Mig.

Golden Glove incoming

On mobile so googling is a pain in the flange so will check when I get home.

@Harry, I'm presuming it's goals conceded, yer man was a random caller, this show tends to get some serious crack pots calling in, good for the lulz.

Well you said it yourself, its more mongo than Mongo

Suso starting for Milan again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

how to stop Brendan Rodgers using the words "outstanding", "courageous" and "brilliant"

You called it a pretty good performance. We had all the ball, created absolutely nothing against a team happy to sit and soak up the pressure. Both sides looked like they were happy to play out the season.
    It was nowhere close to being anywhere near a positive performance. If we accept that as pretty good, why bother?

Another clean sheet for Mig.

Golden Glove incoming

Fully deserved, has overtaken Courtois in the last few months as the best keeper in the league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement