Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We couldn't beat a Chelsea team that parked the bus,this team had even less attacking intent..it really isn't so simple to get past two walls of 4 plus 1 ..

Its pretty obvious the lads who just wanna moan at every opportunity but we threw everything at them really..we just don't have quality to finish off attacks these days...sterling is less a threat than ibe these days. Despite what a lot think,balotelli is not a quality player not trying.. He is a decent player not trying. When he's good he is just decent.

Be a lot of moaning before the end of season about the same things..why bother..our season is done really,just playing for pride..I'd leave Stevie out except for last home game..no point him injuring himself before he moves..and finish the season in the formation the manager wants us playing more often then not,with actual wing backs or full backs,can in midfield so we can see what he is like there,Ibe a winger only,Marko playing in attacking role only..

Let's see what they are actually like in their preferred roles for a few games continuous.

Mish mash team all season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fully deserved, has overtaken Courtois in the last few months as the best keeper in the league.
    Dave DeGea says hello ;)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fully deserved, has overtaken Courtois in the last few months as the best keeper in the league.

Madrid bid incoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

irishfeen wrote: »
    Dave DeGea says hello ;)

He can say hello all he wants he is behind the Mig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dave DeGea says hello ;)

Pfffft, has he even saved one shot that hasn't been straight at him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well you said it yourself, its more mongo than Mongo

Apparently its true.

B6nkDFyIUAAM5Le.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

darced wrote: »
    Shows you how poor our season has been tbh. The PL has been weak this season too full of overpaid players.

That article is from January.

Liverpool conceded few since then per game

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Dave DeGea says hello ;)

Simon Mignolet says fcuk off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That article is from January.

Liverpool conceded few since then per game

15 conceded in 22 by my count so it prolly does reduce the over all alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

darced wrote: »

I was expecting exactly that. Doesn't make it any less frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

On the bright side,Watford were promoted today so that should be a handy 6 points next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For me it's all about pace and goals.

Last year our pace was relentless, we ran teams ragged and attacked from all angles and this was followed up with goals, victories and confidence.

This year we have no pace as we don't have a dynamic duo up front, so less pace, predictable attack, less goals, victories and confidence.

It's depressing but can all change with the right, attacking signings in the summer.
    Also thought Sterling was poor today. Makes me wonder should we cash in.

niallo27 wrote: »
    He can say hello all he wants he is behind the Mig.
    Your in Dreamy Dreamy land my dear boy... De Gea in a different class!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Except when it comes to clean sheets, I wouldn't be surprised if Madrid come in for Mignolet instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

United have probably spunked a lot more on defenders too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stats! :mad: :p

So the issue was goals conceded rather than games lost. Last season LFC were letting in goals for fun and nearly won the league, this season the side are one of the best for shut outs and will be lucky to finish 5th which goes to show the correlation between goals conceded and points won is actually weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I won't ruin the joke. But it may have been sarcasm.

ronjo wrote: »
    United have probably spunked a lot more on defenders too...
    Paddy McNair says hello ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I won't ruin the joke. But it may have been sarcasm.

What's the joke he is behind Mig for the golden glove.

Honest question for ye lads (and yes I know CL not technically gone yet) but would you lot prefer to stay out of the Europa League next year if 4th gone? - for me United not being in it this year was a major advantage in turning things right.

Hi Paddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

niallo27 wrote: »
    What's the joke he is behind Mig for the golden glove.

Yes, did I say otherwise?? I meant the other bit.

I thought it was just Di Maria struggling with grasping the English language? The majority of yer squad seems limited to just the one word; "hello". Wink face.

Anyone else want to say hello while you're at it? :P

Can't understand that Northern accent, he may as well be saying "5 European cups."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A Big Hello to Paddy McNair HELLO

De Gea is in Wet Dreamy land. He can't keep his sheets clean ;)

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can't understand that Northern accent, he may as well be saying "5 European cups."
    "European Cup" ... sounds like it was around when nana and grandad were in their prime - what of this new blasted "Champions League" and "Premier League" thing?? :);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

DVDM93 wrote: »
    De Gea is in Wet Dreamy land. He can't keep his sheets clean ;)

With a missus like this can you blame him?:p

600full-edurne-%28-garcia-almagro%29.jpg

Honest question for ye lads (and yes I know CL not technically gone yet) but would you lot prefer to stay out of the Europa League next year if 4th gone? - for me United not being in it this year was a major advantage in turning things right.

Subjectively no, objectively I suppose its not in anyone's interest to actively avoid the Top 7 as it would reflect terribly on everyone.

Play the kids and the bench in the group stage and see if they qualify. If so then boost the squad and hope that the manager doesn't take his eye off the Prem ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

zerks wrote: »

Hello

Subjectively no, objectively I suppose its not in anyone's interest to actively avoid the Top 7 as it would reflect terribly on everyone.

Play the kids and the bench in the group stage and see if they qualify. If so then boost the squad and hope that the manager doesn't take his eye off the Prem ball.
    Yeah I agree with you there - I think its very risky playing even 4 or 5 first team players in the group stages... is the Liverpool squad big enough to cope with it? (assuming you have to name the squad before going into the competition)..

Had we (United) been playing in it this year I think we would have fell apart with our injury crisis - I don't know what kind of teams we might have had to field.

FAP says hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Homnestly when arsenal inevitably end up in the Europa I hope we give it a go. if a squad cant handle europa Then is it capable of handling champions League?
    I think Liverpool would be capable of winning the Europa and getting a Champions League spot via that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

No CL football, no real draw in terms of players like Gerrard would have been for years, geographically challenged, not willing to pay top wages, coming off the back of a poor season and a manager who is of no attraction. That all adds up to a bleak transfer window, I think we desparetly need a manager who can offset those disadvantages to some degree.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Homnestly when arsenal inevitably end up in the Europa I hope we give it a go. if a squad cant handle europa Then is it capable of handling champions League?
    I think Liverpool would be capable of winning the Europa and getting a Champions League spot via that route.
    Would the 4th placed PL league team lose their spot then like Spurs??

DVDM93 wrote: »
    FAP says hello.

*Football Association President

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree with you there - I think its very risky playing even 4 or 5 first team players in the group stages... is the Liverpool squad big enough to cope with it? (assuming you have to name the squad before going into the competition)..

Had we (United) been playing in it this year I think we would have fell apart with our injury crisis - I don't know what kind of teams we might have had to field.

Right now I'd say no bearing in mind the likely exits (the likes of Borini and Johnson who are the definition of squad players will be gone) and if Liverpool do have to play qualifiers in early July then you'd hope that gets the club off its arse and doing deals ASAP.

Personally I have such faith in the reserves I'd give them the bulk of places - O'Hanlon, Rossiter, Branagan, Wilson, Philips, Canos, Ojo, Sinclair, Yesil, Kent can give any likely first round opposition a good game.

Shîte hair, no sleeve tattoo, not leaning.

2/10 would not bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Imagine how good Mignolet would be with a proper defence and midfield in front of him he would be nailed on for the Golden Glove.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I certainly want us to take EL serious next season (if we are in it) but not everyone thinks the same. I don't think we've a good chance of winning it though given how bad we've done in Europe recently when we've been in it.
    Would the 4th placed PL league team lose their spot then like Spurs??

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Imagine how good Mignolet would be with a proper defence and midfield in front of him he would be nailed on for the Golden Glove.

Wasn't he dropped in favour of Brad Jones not long ago?
    Weren't half the posters in here calling for his head?
    He's a fine keeper, but to suggest he's in the same class as De Gea or Courtois is daft.

Puke, the result today is even more annoying now.

• Advertisement

Wasn't he dropped in favour of Brad Jones not long ago?
    Weren't half the posters in here calling for his head?
    He's a fine keeper, but to suggest he's in the same class as De Gea or Courtois is daft.

Golden glove baby!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Of course city are drawing..... Typical.

Edit: well, that shut me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Typical.

Nah. Even if City had lost earlier today and we were on after them, we'd still bottle it. So meh. Don't do it to yourself.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sigh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement