Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Now we can concentrate on 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Golden glove baby!!!

If that's the rationale, Lovren and Johnson must be in line for the PFA Team of the Season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

If that's the rationale, Lovren and Johnson must be in line for the PFA Team of the Season.

Lovren and Johnson haven't played as many games. However, I'd have them as subs on the PFA Team of the Season though. Skrtel, Sakho and Can starting obviously.

Coutinho PFA player of the Year already, Golden glove Mignolet, impressive tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

What a depressing day today.

Same old Sh**e trying to break down a crap team.

Is Rodgers the right man for the job next season?

And if he is we need new strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I think Mig being up for the Golden Glove playing with Lovren and Johnson in front of him is like he has a 3 game handicap.

Just give him the award already

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are Lovren and Johnson in line to get an award for most clean sheets too or are you just talking through your hoop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wasn't he dropped in favour of Brad Jones not long ago?
    Weren't half the posters in here calling for his head?
    He's a fine keeper, but to suggest he's in the same class as De Gea or Courtois is daft.

You may find the following illustration beneficial:

YwgbT16.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Stats! :mad: :p

So the issue was goals conceded rather than games lost. Last season LFC were letting in goals for fun and nearly won the league, this season the side are one of the best for shut outs and will be lucky to finish 5th which goes to show the correlation between goals conceded and points won is actually weak.

How about we let goals in for fun and lost the league.

You get the same points for winning 4-0 as 1-0. conceding loads costs us points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Lovren should be there beside John Terry, if Johnson had played more games then he would have been a shoo-in. Phenomenal defenders who make Mignolets job easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

martyos121 wrote: »
    You may find the following illustration beneficial:

YwgbT16.gif

Thanks,I feel better now.I thought they were serious.

• Advertisement

Thanks,I feel better now.I thought they were serious.

Stop being such a sheep Sheap following the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How the hell did I get a job that pays me £35k a week just to sit here every week and why is everyone else such gloomy pants.

20887_1079469608735115_6774672301304130102_n.jpg?oh=9cf2943056493217233c29e5dbe0ab83&oe=55E2258D

How the hell did I get a job that pays me £35k a week just to sit here every week and why is everyone else such gloomy pants.

20887_1079469608735115_6774672301304130102_n.jpg?oh=9cf2943056493217233c29e5dbe0ab83&oe=55E2258D

Our season in one picture.

He was pleased.:eek:

Brad Jones looks like he's a spectator who has just seen himself on the big screen, I suppose he doesn't get a lot of time on the telly.

Didn't realise our centre backs qualify for the golden glove also. This day gets better.

Would they share the awards with Migs or do the FA supply individual ones?

Someone looks like they've been eating cake :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

To be fair to all of them, that's the same expression I have every time Johnson gets the ball.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

He was pleased.:eek:

This for me is the last straw with Rodgers. To accept such mediocrity and call that performance 'outstanding' shows how far we've fallen. I don't care how much money it'll cost to bring him, but I hope Henry sees this bullsh*t as enough to convince him that Brendan isn't the right man and goes for Jürgen instead. Hell I'd even take Rafa at this point.

I like Rodgers and I really wish he'd succeed here, but his attitude the last few weeks has been shambolic at best, and he's been outplayed in his tactics by Pulis yet again. Even Tim f*ckin Sherwood outplayed him last week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Penny for them . . .

CDcvEoTVAAAqegi.jpg

No icebox for me...what are they trying to tell me?

This for me is the last straw with Rodgers. To accept such mediocrity and call that performance 'outstanding' shows how far we've fallen. I don't care how much money it'll cost to bring him, but I hope Henry sees this bullsh*t as enough to convince him that Brendan isn't the right man and goes for Jürgen instead. Hell I'd even take Rafa at this point.

I like Rodgers and I really wish he'd succeed here, but his attitude the last few weeks has been shambolic at best, and he's been outplayed in his tactics by Pulis yet again. Even Tim f*ckin Sherwood outplayed him last week.

The last straw is an interview?

The rolly eye smiley wouldn't even do that justice

rarnes1 wrote: »

The performance was bad, granted that happens in football.

But to accept that garbage and laziness from players, aside from Phil and Lovren, is unacceptable, and to call it 'outstanding'? Give me a break.

The standards Liverpool set have fallen mightily if we consider a draw against West Brom to be 'outstanding'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Rodgers has the demeanour of a man who knows his time is up. A pity because I think most if us really wanted him to succeed. If he goes I hope we make a real charm offensive to Klopp. Unfortunately our record in getting the signings we want leads me to think we have some clown managing a pub side already lined up as our 'hungry young manager'

With Ian Ayre maybe leaving in the summer I wonder will there be wholesale changes throughout the club?

The performance was bad, granted that happens in football.

But to accept that garbage and laziness from players, aside from Phil and Lovren, is unacceptable, and to call it 'outstanding'? Give me a break.

The standards Liverpool set have fallen mightily if we consider a draw against West Brom to be 'outstanding'.

I'd be critical of Rodgers for many things but what managers say to the camera I'd take with a large pinch of salt.

I'd be wary of anyone that takes football managers interviews seriously!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

The way he's talking you'd swear we won 10-0, becoming more Hodgsonesque by the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Penny for them . . .

CDcvEoTVAAAqegi.jpg

"Ice...ice....Brendan....."

Feckin song is in my head now.

I'd be critical of Rodgers for many things but what managers say to the camera I'd take with a large pinch of salt.

I'd be wary of anyone that takes football managers interviews seriously!

It's not just this interview though, granted it's the last straw for me, but it's his demeanour these past few weeks that leads me to believe he can't succeed here, unless drastic changes happen fast.

He seems defeatist, and acceptant that it's ok for us to draw with West Brom or lose to Villa or get hammered by Arsenal, and then to say that 'we played well' or 'showed character' (God I hate his catchphrases).

At least if we draw to West Brom I'd hope the manager would say that we didn't play well, it's unacceptable to draw to a side who were fighting against relegation a while back and that we should try to play better next week. But this 'outstanding performance' bullsh*t just doesn't stand with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is Ian Ayre leaving ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Is Ian Ayre leaving ?
    Yeah, apparently he didn't get an ice-box either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn't realise our centre backs qualify for the golden glove also. This day gets better.

Would they share the awards with Migs or do the FA supply individual ones?

Everyone gets a finger.

image18.png

Is Ian Ayre leaving ?

Yes, you could say him and the club are clearing the ayre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Even take Rafa? Rafa is a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

To be fair to him he has been more upbeat about worse performances this season. His team needs to show some spark in the next 5 games because sound bites are not going to mean anything when FSG review the season.

Talisman wrote: »
    To be fair to him he has been more upbeat about worse performances this season. His team needs to show some spark in the next 5 games because sound bites are not going to mean anything when FSG review the season.

His team should get the spark from him if he is telling the whole world after every game that they are outstanding that doesn't help maybe they start to believe that.

The team in general probably needs a public dressing down.

Talisman wrote: »

The next 5 games don't count for sh*t imo, the season's over and we've failed to achieve any sort of targets. Ok it's always nice to get momentum and if we somehow beat Chelsea it'll make for a nice week.

But if Henry and FSG are planning on making a decision with Brendan, they've probably already made it as there's nothing to play for anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Rafa has been in 7 European semi finals in the last 12 years. Two of those years he wasn't in football managment. - WOW

Rafa has been in 7 European semi finals in the last 12 years. Two of those years he wasn't in football managment. - WOW

His European record is outstanding, but his league record hasn't matched that really.

See, this is what annoys me. We dominated possession (80% I think), completely controlled the game and bar one Skrtel **** up, never looked in danger of conceding. You cannot, however, blame the manager for a players ineptitude when it comes to finishing a chance, putting in a decent cross or playing a simple forward pass.

Rodgers blatantly said this has been our downfall for the majority of the season. You put a fully fit Sturridge or any other mobile striker in this team for 33 games this season and we are comfortable in the top 4 in my mind. Give out about the manager when he gets things blatantly wrong, today was not one of those days. Some of the posters here remind me of the people who ring today fm after a match to vent when they blatantly have a clue what they are talking about.

See, this is what annoys me. We dominated possession (80% I think), completely controlled the game and bar one Skrtel **** up, never looked in danger of conceding. You cannot, however, blame the manager for a players ineptitude when it comes to finishing a chance, putting in a decent cross or playing a simple forward pass.

Rodgers blatantly said this has been our downfall for the majority of the season. You put a fully fit Sturridge or any other mobile striker in this team for 33 games this season and we are comfortable in the top 4 in my mind. Give out about the manager when he gets things blatantly wrong, today was not one of those days. Some of the posters here remind me of the people who ring today fm after a match to vent when they blatantly have a clue what they are talking about.

We dominated possession because West Brom let us, as per Pulis' tactics of sit back and soak pressure. And we conceded few chances because it's West Brom we're playing and, again, they sat back for 90mins. A pub team could've dominated that pitch today and got a clean sheet.

And the striker part may be his fault, depending on who in the committee sanctioned the purchase of Mario and Lambert, but Borini was Rodgers' man and he did feck all when he came on. And he can be blamed for player ineptitude because he was part of their purchases, he coaches them everyday and he selects them to play.

• Advertisement

His European record is outstanding, but his league record hasn't matched that really.

Yeah two league titles in Spain don't count as it's an inferior league to the best league in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Rafa for Dof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yup his teams also struggled in games like today.

The players today seemed happy to just let everything go through Coutinho but he was far too predictable and always looked to shift the ball onto his right for shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

100% agree. If FSG review anything, it's how they didn't have a viable alternative to pursuing Alexis Sanchez. We need the quality striker that Rogers talks of, since the start of the season. That's not his fault. And what the hell are we being linked to Danny Ings for ? Buy quality ffs.

Yeah two league titles in Spain don't count as it's an inferior league to the best league in the world

His record at Valencia was brilliant, but he never really succeeded in the league at Liverpool, Inter, Napoli.

Don't get me wrong, he's a top manager and when we played in Europe, I always believed we would win because his tactics were spectacular, but our league form was never outstanding aside from '08, and we drew too many games.

And the striker part may be his fault, depending on who in the committee sanctioned the purchase of Mario and Lambert, but Borini was Rodgers' man and he did feck all when he came on. And he can be blamed for player ineptitude because he was part of their purchases, he coaches them everyday and he selects them to play.

It may be, it may not be. Rodgers obviously wanted Sanchez, the one player who I feel could have matched Suarez scoring aswell as his work rate. For whatever reason, it didn't happen and there was no contingency plan in place so we ended up with Balotelli. That's the issue with the team this season, there is no pressing from the front like we had last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

His team should get the spark from him if he is telling the whole world after every game that they are outstanding that doesn't help maybe they start to believe that.

So you want Rodgers to throw the team under the bus!? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Aren't you the same guy who always criticises Rodgers for doing exactly that? I think "throwing under the bus" you call it.

So you want Rodgers to throw the team under the bus!? ;)

It might be one way to get passed a parked one if he did :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

With Ian Ayre maybe leaving in the summer I wonder will there be wholesale changes throughout the club?

Ian ayre leaving!? Since when?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement