Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

dfx- wrote: »
    Rodgers appears to be able to work with one area of a team at a time. He came in and it was the midfield and issues in both boxes.

Then last season, he had the strikeforce firing, but poor in defence. Now he has the defence, but at the expense of the goalscoring.

He has yet to put everything together at once.

It's not that simple. If he keeps changing formation, what do you buy. A guy who can take one chance or a guy who brings others into it or a guy who creates lots, but perhaps is profligate. Rodgers keeps changing what is needed from the striker.

He needs to pick one way, stick to it and put defence and attack together with it.

Keeps changing or forced to? Balotelli and Lambert didn't inspire early on so he went with Sterling, who did all right. Sturridge just hasn't been fit enough to be a regular option.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

K-9 wrote: »
    That would have been very worrying considering we were in the top 3 spenders at the time. No City or Spurs as threats.

Context and realism and living in the present is lost on some.

Rodgers does have the benefit of working with people who aren't trying to undermine him or destroy the club. Rodgers has stability. Rafa had no such luck in that respect.

Also it seems that Rodgers is getting a free pass in the press (despite saying some stupid things) something Rafa never got.

At the end of the day Rafa made up for some of his faults with trophies and decent performances in Europe.

Rodgers has yet to do either of those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

NukaCola wrote: »
    I think BR will come to regret those comments.

On par on 5th should not mean fighting it out for 5th while putting no pressure on top 4. No guarantee we'll even hit par either.

I can't help but think Rodgers knows he's gone in the summer. The worrying bit is who they might replace him with. I think most of us would for the most part like Klopp or someone similar (I'm no totally on love with the idea myself but I wouldn't be gutted either). However with fsgs record of getting their man at the top tier I can't see that happening. Lack of CL next season won't help either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I don't think creating chances is the problem tbh.

Converting them is.

My real concern at this stage is that we have regressed to a stage where its just not our conversion rate that is the issue but the fact we are not creating chances or looking dangerous despite good possession. Bar a great 10 game streak this season we have being so poor in the final 3rd.

101 goals last season, 47 now. If we were missing chance after chance i would take some consolation from recent results but we have regressed to a point at the moment where we looks utterly devoid of ideas and if we dont score the rare chances we get 3 points looking doubtful.

Sterling, balotelli and Ibe looked so isolated in possession yesterday, why BR continues to avoid playing 2 strikers is having a very negative impact on the team. When your starting striker yesterday has 1 goal in the league all season and your midfield being kept in check by the likes of jack grealish and darren flecther i think rodgers has a huge task getting the team right for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People didn't know what they had til it was gone with Rafa, despite all the warnings. The same is true with Rodgers. If the disaster of him getting sacked happens I hope all the fans will be thrilled when we appoint a less talented young manager who leads us to the bottom half of the table.

Our fans never learn!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

At no point did I say I wanted him sacked.

You said by today's standards he should have been sacked. They are fairly high standards you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I'm not sure where people are seeing Rodgers getting an easy time of things, quite the opposite in fact. That's par for the course being a Liverpool manager unfortunately.

During most Rafas time we mostly had to finish ahead of Everton or villa to finish top 4 so comparing it to now it was easier. But the man delivered trophies while delivering top 4 but people seem to forget Rafa spent his fair share aswell, he spent £70 odd million in the 07/08 season at a time when player valuations were a lot lower than they are now, for example compare the profile and cost of Costa this year to Chelsea's and profile of what we paid for Torres.

Either way it's kinda pointless comparing Rafa and Rodgers, one is an experienced coach who done everything he could for the club and has won multiple trophies everywhere he's been, the other is a young manager in a game with very real potential, one is currently Liverpool manager and the other has zero chance of ever being manager here again as long as FSG are in charge.

There is a difference in being the 5th best team which we may not yet be and looking at it as par for the course but the least expected is a fight to the end to finish higher, effectively its season over with 5 games to go and the last month has been an unmitigated disaster. When the pressure came on our players folded and to be honest when I look at the players we have its not suprising. Gerrard is finished, has been since the start of the season so where's the winners and fighters in the squad. Where's the characters, the men with the battle scars of being there and done that.

We don't have them, we have a team that's mentally weak and young, you see that's what the FSG policy gets you, youthful promise with a good resale value is great for spreadsheets. Potential to be world class is great but what's the point when you sell those players when they reach world class (and make no bones about it that's the FSG plan) we need these players now, we don't need what these players might be in a few years. What's more we have the same on the sideline, youthful promise with potential.

We have a failed system and policy behind the scenes which has resulted in us Getting the players we have now and by the sounds of things that is going to continue.

So people can wish for whatever manager they want, keep Rodgers or not nothing is going to change until the owners change their focus. Forget Klopp, Rafa etc, they ain't going to happen. They are established managers who will demand too much power, if Rodgers goes it will be an almost like for like replacement, a young manager with promise willing to accept certain mandates to have a chance at a club like Liverpool followed by players signed on low wages from clubs just below us in stature where the wage demands don't put off the owners.

Im afraid until things change behind the scenes this is it, no matter who does the press conferences after matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

the kelt wrote: »
    I'm not sure where people are seeing Rodgers getting an easy time of things, quite the opposite in fact. That's par for the course being a Liverpool manager unfortunately.

During most Rafas time we mostly had to finish ahead of Everton or villa to finish top 4 so comparing it to now it was easier. But the man delivered trophies while delivering top 4 but people seem to forget Rafa spent his fair share aswell, he spent £70 odd million in the 07/08 season at a time when player valuations were a lot lower than they are now, for example compare the profile and cost of Costa this year to Chelsea's and profile of what we paid for Torres.

Either way it's kinda pointless comparing Rafa and Rodgers, one is an experienced coach who done everything he could for the club and has won multiple trophies everywhere he's been, the other is a young manager in a game with very real potential, one is currently Liverpool manager and the other has zero chance of ever being manager here again as long as FSG are in charge.

There is a difference in being the 5th best team which we may not yet be and looking at it as par for the course but the least expected is a fight to the end to finish higher, effectively its season over with 5 games to go and the last month has been an unmitigated disaster. When the pressure came on our players folded and to be honest when I look at the players we have its not suprising. Gerrard is finished, has been since the start of the season so where's the winners and fighters in the squad. Where's the characters, the men with the battle scars of being there and done that.

We don't have them, we have a team that's mentally weak and young, you see that's what the FSG policy gets you, youthful promise with a good resale value is great for spreadsheets. Potential to be world class is great but what's the point when you sell those players when they reach world class (and make no bones about it that's the FSG plan) we need these players now, we don't need what these players might be in a few years. What's more we have the same on the sideline, youthful promise with potential.

We have a failed system and policy behind the scenes which has resulted in us Getting the players we have now and by the sounds of things that is going to continue.

So people can wish for whatever manager they want, keep Rodgers or not nothing is going to change until the owners change their focus. Forget Klopp, Rafa etc, they ain't going to happen. They are established managers who will demand too much power, if Rodgers goes it will be an almost like for like replacement, a young manager with promise willing to accept certain mandates to have a chance at a club like Liverpool followed by players signed on low wages from clubs just below us in stature where the wage demands don't put off the owners.

Im afraid until things change behind the scenes this is it, no matter who does the press conferences after matches.

This is right on the money IMO.

I imagine FSG are happy out with Rodgers, they might well reckon its not unlikely he will get the squad that's there now (with some unnotable to an extent additions) to top4 next year given what they saw this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

brevity wrote: »
    There are a few differences between Rafa and Rodgers but one that stands out to me is that if Rafa had said this

after spending 100 million euro on players (and failing miserably in Europe) then he most likely would not have the support of the fans or the press. In fact, I would say the press would have a field day with the whole thing and compound issues even further.

Re Liverpool's current league position, it is about a true reflection. For me it's 4th or 5th. I do think they should be closer points wise to 4th.
    His comments on the 2 cup semi finals. Going out of the LC to Chelsea isn't a shock or disgrace. They are the best side in the country. Going out of the FA Cup semi final to Villa via a lacklustre performance and claiming that's an accurate reflection!!! That's where I completely veer away from Rodgers comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

But we have the fifth best squad... I don't get the hate on his comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Mignolet, Toure, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Balotelli, Suarez, Adam, Downing, Enrique and quiet a few others show that the owners have no problem buying established players. Its not like we are only buying kids constantly. We are just buying the wrong players, now whether it is the committee or Rodgers that's a different argument, but its not like Rodgers hands are tied just buying young players.

mav79 wrote: »
    Mignolet, Toure, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Balotelli, Suarez, Adam, Downing, Enrique and quiet a few others show that the owners have no problem buying established players. Its not like we are only buying kids constantly. We are just buying the wrong players, now whether it is the committee or Rodgers that's a different argument, but its not like Rodgers hands are tied just buying young players.

All established, none of them bar Suarez world class, all players signed from clubs below us in terms of wages etc where wage de,ands moving to Liverpool are not going to be extortionate.

It's not just young players, it's the profile that FSG are looking at.

Even more so than transfer fees wages are key in today's game and this is where the FSG policy has let us down and will continue to do so.

Look at the sterling fiasco, look at how long they took to offer Gerrard a new contract, the same now is coming out about Skertl, Suso is lost due to the delay in sorting out a wage and contract.

Wages are what they are, a player is worth what a club, any club is willing to pay them, that's a policy FSG don't get unfortunately.

You want world class player then pay the wages if not then you end up with Suarez aside the list of dross mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

All established, none of them bar Suarez world class, all players signed from clubs below us in terms of wages etc where wage de,ands moving to Liverpool are not going to be extortionate.
    While you have the wind in your sails, would you be so kind as to tell us who were the world class players signed by the club prior to the arrival of the current owners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's not just young players, it's the profile that FSG are looking at.

Even more so than transfer fees wages are key in today's game and this is where the FSG policy has let us down and will continue to do so.

Look at the sterling fiasco, look at how long they took to offer Gerrard a new contract, the same now is coming out about Skertl, Suso is lost due to the delay in sorting out a wage and contract.

Wages are what they are, a player is worth what a club, any club is willing to pay them, that's a policy FSG don't get unfortunately.

You want world class player then pay the wages if not then you end up with Suarez aside the list of dross mentioned above.

Do you really think that was an accident? I certainly don't. Suso was not going to make it at Liverpool sadly, his qualities (and this is not a hindsight judgement) are more suited to a Mediterranean league than the Prem. I think the club were happy enough to let him go. Skrtel will be signing by all accounts having rejected a move to Wolfsburg who lets not forget are 2nd in the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    People didn't know what they had til it was gone with Rafa, despite all the warnings. The same is true with Rodgers. If the disaster of him getting sacked happens I hope all the fans will be thrilled when we appoint a less talented young manager who leads us to the bottom half of the table.

Our fans never learn!!!

We have a guy who hasn't a clue what he is doing, wasted millions on rubbish players, spouts nonsense in interviews and after 3 years at the club has won nothing, a record for an LFC manager.

Talisman wrote: »
    While you have the wind in your sails, would you be so kind as to tell us who were the world class players signed by the club prior to the arrival of the current owners?

Very few to be fair, maybe world class was the wrong term to use, maybe top class would be a better term but agin there are very few. Yes see Liverpool pre premiership wasn't built like that.
    We got best of British and Irish and it was enough, it isn't now.

And hence the reason we have never won the premiership. If our 4 other rivals for the premiership top 4 weren't signing top class then it wouldnt be such an issue.

It's isn't just a failing of FSG, it's a failing that's been there for nigh on 25 years. The fact is it isn't going to change unless the owners outlook or the owners change.

Football is now a simple equation. The clubs with the top players win the trophies and the top players play for the clubs that pay the highest wages.

Match them and you have a chance, don't and your fifth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ardent wrote: »
    Random thought: anyone know what Anthony Le Tallec is up to these days. Remember being very excited when we signed him and Pongolle.
    Take a look at the LFChistory app for your phone or LFChistory.net for your computer, lots of stuff on both.
    "We need a new Centre Half, Centre Mid and Striker" eh? Ones that will walk into the first 11 and be upgrades on what we have! It is not so simple with our wage structure and transfer policy.

We need to face reality here and accept that IF there was an affordable Striker out there that fit our wage bill and was willing to come here he would opt for United/Chelsea/City/Arsenal ahead of us for starters!!! Also, IF, we go for something a little more risky and unproved in the PL we can be hit and miss.

Soldado - who knew that one would go so badly! 25million!
    Pelle - 50 odd goals for Feyenoord over 2 seasons then comes to the PL and gets 11 so far. 8 Million.
    Ballotelli - Been pretty much a disaster. One minute BR says he cannot play our system of high pressure but then relies on him in times of need. Fell badly short, i wasn't elated when we got him but still expected to see 8-10 goals minimum from him??? 15mill.

... different strikers from all spectrums. Just saying you never know what you'll get. If they will fit your system or start out on fire. FSG seem to want to promote youth policy and seem destined to try 3*10mill potential players rather than 1*30mill player ... unfortunately we will have to see a few more fail before we find the rough gem!

Same goes for Centre halves and mids ... everyone is looking for proven quality players.

Before this season started and after our summer transfers i was happy (Kinda of excited about) with Lallana/Lovern/Can/Moreno/Lazar as they all seemed to be decent buys although the transfer fees for Lazar/Lallana/Lovern were a little scandalous. I guess i could quite easily just say "Ah sure i knew it would all end badly and the signings were ****e and it's BR's fault" ...

We badly need to buy a quality striker, or discover a striker. We've actually done ok considering we haven't had a decent striker all season.
    I think that is down to finances, tbh.

I know it's derided as not sexy enough and of interest only to nerds and accountants but to chart the course of Liverpool over the next few years, you have to look at the clubs income.

FSG have said that there will be no money coming in from FSG to fund the club or any spending by the club. All stadium spending and player transfers/wages will have to be paid from the clubs own resources so ticket sales/sponsorship will be funding the stadium and any transfers.

As sponsorship increases, so will the funds available to buy players and pay their wages. I think over the next few years we will see a better caliber of player targeted and the first team will also improve because of this. Just don't forget that increased income delivered will be the driver of the club, similar to the decade of 'failure' suffered by Arsenal.

It's not going to be quick enough for some who will keep looking for millions to be spent on players every window but unless we are purchased by petrodollars that is the course that we are on.

mav79 wrote: »

Well if we compare liverpool to utd which is the direction we want to go. They bought young from villa and liverpool bought Downing. They bough shaw last year when liverpool bought lovern and lallana. Adam was player of the year and was bought cheap enough. Toure and lambert were free or cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

niallo27 wrote: »
    You said by today's standards he should have been sacked. They are fairly high standards you have.

I don't want Rodgers sacked, just like I never wanted Rafa sacked. I was making the comparison for people who do want Rodgers gone.

We have a guy who hasn't a clue what he is doing, wasted millions on rubbish players, spouts nonsense in interviews and after 3 years at the club has won nothing, a record for an LFC manager.

Bar the winning nothing line, you could easily be talking about Rafa. Are you old enough to remember the whole fachts nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bar the winning nothing line, you could easily be talking about Rafa. Are you old enough to remember the whole fachts nonsense?

Rafa's facts presser was cringey. You are right. But it happened once. Rodgers embarrasses himself with his waffle every game. I'd take a good old fashioned "Thats a fact!" lecture over Rodgers insisting that everything is excellent and everyone is outstanding.

Kirby wrote: »
    Rafa's facts presser was cringey. You are right. But it happened once. Rodgers embarrasses himself with his waffle every game. I'd take a good old fashioned "Thats a fact!" lecture over Rodgers insisting that everything is excellent and everyone is outstanding.

I won't scour the Internet for evidence but Rafa came out with a lot of horrible quotes too. Nostalgia seems to be warping a lot of minds here. Am I the only one who remembers being 1-0 down and he took off Torres, cue the camera panning to Gerrard scratching and shaking his head.

I remember that alright. Gerrard walked over and asked Torres was he injured and he shook his head.....cue disgusted look from Gerrard.

But that's just a managerial decision. Everyone makes those. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Had the sub who came on for Torres scored, I think it was David Ngog, it would have been hailed as brilliant move. He didn't and it wasn't but that's football. You can hardly use that as a stick to beat him.

Sure Rodgers put on a defender when chasing a goal a couple weeks back.....and put Lambert on in injury time. And also has frequently named a squad of 18 with no striker in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That just sounds like sheer childishness.

We can't have them now, so suck it up.

Our current squad won't always be young, we won't be selling all of them and we certainly won't be selling all of them in one go.

You always need to have started these systems 5 years earlier. That's always going to present problems in the here and now, before the system delivers, but that doesn't mean we're doing the wrong thing.

• Advertisement

I won't scour the Internet for evidence but Rafa came out with a lot of horrible quotes too. Nostalgia seems to be warping a lot of minds here. Am I the only one who remembers being 1-0 down and he took off Torres, cue the camera panning to Gerrard scratching and shaking his head.

People always bring up that game but Torres was ****ed. I don't think he played again that season after that game through injury. He also took Gerrard off for Lucas in the Derby and went on to win the game with Lucas winning the pen but no one brings that up.

I don't want Rodgers sacked, just like I never wanted Rafa sacked. I was making the comparison for people who do want Rodgers gone.

That's fair enough but you are saying their first 3 season are of the same standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lol record for a Liverpool manager, no it is not you do know Liverpool have been going since 1892 not 1960

Sunday Transfer Gossip from various publications (some in more than one)

Independent (UK) and Express
    Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is reportedly becoming increasingly confident of landing Manchester City pair James Milner and Stevan Jovetic this summer.

According to reports, City are resigned to losing the England midfielder in the summer and the Reds believe they have beaten Arsenal and Roma to his signature.

An Anfield source, speaking to the Daily Star, described it as a "done deal" that Milner will choose the Reds instead.

Christian Benteke/Lambert swap (with cash one presumes!) - the Metro (yeah yeah)

Depay done deal - the Metro (yeah yeah yeah)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Kirby wrote: »

But that's just a managerial decision. Everyone makes those. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Had the sub who came on for Torres scored, I think it was David Ngog, it would have been hailed as brilliant move. He didn't and it wasn't but that's football. You can hardly use that as a stick to beat him.

That's the nature of the game. Rodgers changed things up formation wise, an upturn in form followed and wins on the board. Now form has fallen off a cliff, cue cries that Rodgers needs to pi know a formation and stick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'd be happy with jovetic, milner and benteke. A holding midfielder and a good winger and it would be an excellent transfer window

lol record for a Liverpool manager, no it is not you do know Liverpool have been going since 1892 not 1960

Football only began for that particular poster in 1992 it seems.

Coutinho named in the PFA Team of the year.

ricero wrote: »
    I'd be happy with jovetic, milner and benteke. A holding midfielder and a good winger and it would be an excellent transfer window

I just checked the City forums, they'd drive him to Anfield for 16m! I can understand their reaction given his injuries but while I reckon he would be a pretty good buy I'd sooner Benteke for his greater strength and ability to win a ball in the air (best in the league this season)

Sturridge/Benteke/Origi with Depay playing as an aux striker when needed would be pretty decent range of options ahead of Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe, Markovic, Milner, (Sterling?)

Add CM and GK plus a freebie RB like Fanni or better still Alves

@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: PL @PFA Team of the Year - De Gea; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Bertrand; Hazard, Matic, Coutinho, Sanchez; Kane, Costa #SSNHQ

CDg1Ux3WMAAkVSP.jpg

Sterling is definitely off! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

We were all desperate not to sign Bertrand in the summer - looks like he would have been a smart piece of business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Wow, Jovetic is only 25! I thought he was much older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I would love to see Jovetic play for us. Given sufficent playing time I think he could go on to fulfil the potential he showed at Forintina (sp).
    Benteke would also be a decent buy and could get 10-15 league goals a year. Both could be gettable as well and I would imagine they would like to play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

He just doesn't seem like a motivator of players to me. Maybe he is just a very good coach and not a good manager.

The players aren't immune to his bullsh!t , pseudo self help-esque, management speak. Think about it ... if you know he's a bluffer and is known to spout complete untruths - are you honestly going to be inspired by him when he tries to have a 1:1 "motivational" chat with you or are you going to think "here's the waffle" :rolleyes:.

I've said it before ... I hate hearing him speak and I guess by that yardstick , I don't like him.

I just checked the City forums, they'd drive him to Anfield for 16m! I can understand their reaction given his injuries but while I reckon he would be a pretty good buy I'd sooner Benteke for his greater strength and ability to win a ball in the air (best in the league this season)

Sturridge/Benteke/Origi with Depay playing as an aux striker when needed would be pretty decent range of options ahead of Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe, Markovic, Milner, (Sterling?)

Add CM and GK plus a freebie RB like Fanni or better still Alves

CDg1Ux3WMAAkVSP.jpg

Sterling is definitely off! :p

I might just have had Clyne ahead of Ivanovic. But the team seems spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I would love to see Jovetic play for us. Given sufficent playing time I think he could go on to fulfil the potential he showed at Forintina (sp).
    Benteke would also be a decent buy and could get 10-15 league goals a year. Both could be gettable as well and I would imagine they would like to play for us.
    I wouldn't. Rarely fit & done nothing at city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I might just have had Clyne ahead of Ivanovic. But the team seems spot on.

Fonte ahead of Cahill every day of the week.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've no idea why people would want us to sign Jovetic. We have enough problems keeping Sturridge fit, we don't want to double it with Jovetic. IF he could stay fit he could be a good player, but it's too much of a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Any particular reason for Tranmere Rovers fall - from second tier regulars who flirted with promotion to the EPL in the 90s, to third tier 'just miss the playoffs but prone to go on a good cup run' regulars in the 2000s, down to fourth tier this decade and now non-league as of yesterday?
    Thought it was sad to see as generally had a bit of time for them, they were always one of my 'keep an eye on their results' teams back in the day, along with the likes of Crewe.

(Not really a Liverpool FC thread issue but some people here probably have some knowledge.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Cahill in the TOTY?? Any time I've seen him he looks a liability.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I wouldn't. Rarely fit & done nothing at city.

He would be a gamble but I feel its one that could pay off. He never got a decent run in the City team and could never prove himself. A decent player with a point to prove that wouldn't cost to much. Could do very well for us.
    Yes the injuries are a concern I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    I've no idea why people would want us to sign Jovetic. We have enough problems keeping Sturridge fit, we don't want to double it with Jovetic. IF he could stay fit he could be a good player, but it's too much of a risk.

Young Italian striker, bags of potential. What could possibly go wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Milner Benteke and Jovetic, would be a step in the right direction. We still need a pair of full backs and a second GK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »

*shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Jovetic has 11 goals in 38 Apps for city. I say a high percentage of them apps were subs. He hadn't done to bad, and I'd take a punt on him.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »

Italian? He's from Montenegro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement