Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ffs this is how bull**** rumours spead, no way will rodgers go to city

Agreed, even if they wanted him, he wouldn't go. Managers moving between top teams is almost unheard of.

Sad that click-bait still generates clicks!

Knex. wrote: »
    Stranger things have happened. United got Moyes.

Like I said, managers rarely move between top teams! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

sweetie wrote: »
    why would he leave a team on the up for one on the wane?

Christ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It would be really retarded to move from Liverpool to City. Wont happen. Garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Happy 64th to King Kenny!

dalglish.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Rogers won't leave but it will great for him getting a long time contract with us, more power in the transfer comitte and more money to buy players if required.
    All good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

J Mysterio wrote: »
    It would be really retarded to move from Liverpool to City. Wont happen. Garbage.

Not for a second would I think that city be in for Rodgers, but from BR point of view he'd probably double his salary. So if the man was money driven, then why not go to city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Couldn't be. No Liverpool player would even make their bench, apparently.

But it was all Moyes fault last season? They were in transition to be fair, no? That goalkeeper substitution Van Gaal made in the World Cup was sheer genius and they were going to win the league? They spent 500 billion dollars? We got chocolate fire guards while they got 'world class' players in Falcao, Di Maria, the best an upcoming Luke Shaw, Blind, etc... we lost our star player, our next star striker was out injured for 5 months...

and Januzaj is better than Sterling.

Surely my maths are incorrect and we are miles off catching them this season? Nothing else would make sense given what I've been hearing all season.

Couldn't be. No Liverpool player would even make their bench, apparently.

Sakho would make their bench.

Then paint it.

DVDM93 wrote: »

Surely my maths are incorrect and we are miles off catching them this season? Nothing else would make sense given what I've been hearing all season.

Folks be amazed if we get over 60 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

DVDM93 wrote: »
    But it was all Moyes fault last season? They were in transition to be fair, no? That goalkeeper substitution Van Gaal made in the World Cup was sheer genius and they were going to win the league? They spent 500 billion dollars? We got chocolate fire guards while they got 'world class' players in Falcao, Di Maria, the best an upcoming Luke Shaw, Blind, etc... we lost our star player, our next star striker was out injured for 5 months...

and Januzaj is better than Sterling.

Sounds a bit like ours for the first few months this season!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Augeo wrote: »
    Folks be amazed if we get over 60 points.

We are going to get negative Pi points...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

K-9 wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like ours for the first few months this season!

Our issue first few months was Rodgers blind spot to the fact that Hendo is not a right wing back, and is in fact the best centre mid we have, and the anchor around which the team should be built.

Oh, and the small matter of Gerrard not being a DM & a complete liability when played there, but that issue was not confined to just the start of this year.

Stranger things have happened. United got Moyes.

Exactly!

Should be a lesson to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So I was looking there the 4th place spot finished in each of the last 4 seasons with 79,73,69 and 68 giving an average points total of 72.25 points.

So lets say 70 points can secure 4th this season.

We currently have 48 points with 33 to play for, max we can attain so is 81 points.
    So realistically we can only afford to drop 10/11 points from the next 11 games.

We need to match what we did in the last 11 games to make absolutely sure we qualify.

Going to be very tough but I'm very confident the team can do it.

rob316 wrote: »
    So I was looking there the 4th place spot finished in each of the last 4 seasons with 79,73,69 and 68 giving an average points total of 72.25 points.

So lets say 70 points can secure 4th this season.

We currently have 48 points with 33 to play for, max we can attain so is 81 points.
    So realistically we can only afford to drop 10/11 points from the next 11 games.

We need to match what we did in the last 11 games to make absolutely sure we qualify.

Going to be very tough but I'm very confident the team can do it.

If we match what we did in the last 11 games wed be on 75 points and would easily have 4th, probably 3rd.

Hard to know what points total will be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

United have arguably a tougher run in/poorer spread of games.

Back to 2 ppg and 6 pints per game then!

Home Games:
    Burnley, United, Newcastle, QPR and Palace.

Away:
    Swansea, Arsenal, Hull, West Brom, Chelsea and Stoke.

Tough, but confident.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Win our 5 home games and we will be in with a gigantic shout. All of them ave winnable and all bar United should be bankers for a team with aspirations of a Top 4 finish.

Could lose to Arsenal and Chelsea, draw with Swansea and still get 73 points

Beating United is huge though, cant lose that game no matter what happens

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If we match what we did in the last 11 games wed be on 75 points and would easily have 4th, probably 3rd.

Hard to know what points total will be needed.

Can't see utd or S'ton getting north of 70 points

Burnley are gonna aren't they?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Win our 5 home games and we will be in with a gigantic shout. All of them ave winnable and all bar United should be bankers for a team with aspirations of a Top 4 finish.

Could lose to Arsenal and Chelsea, draw with Swansea and still get 73 points

Beating United is huge though, cant lose that game no matter what happens

Let's get Burnley out of the way first. Still an uphill task but it's in our hands now.

1 game at a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I think the Spurs/United game will be more significant than the Liverpool/United game. If United don't beat Spurs they will be lucky to finish in the top 5. Even if we don't beat United we will continue to pick up more points then them in the other games. Can't see Southampton hanging on either.

Nope - Danny Ings will be thinking "I don't wanna p1ss off my future boss here", and will have a stinker... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Dickerty wrote: »
    Nope - Danny Ings will be thinking "I don't wanna p1ss off my future boss here", and will have a stinker... :cool:
    As long as he isn't thinking, I need to impress my new boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ffs this is how bull**** rumours spead, no way will rodgers go to city

Cant see why not. That portrait of him in his hall is easily moved to his new house.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Cant see why not. That portrait of him in his hall is easily moved to his new house.:)
    And he will probably take Sakho too.....the new house could do with a lick of paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wouldn't even need to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

rob316 wrote: »
    Wouldn't even need to move.

Spose' . With Gerrard moving abroad theres no potential conflict of interest of him coming up against his landlord:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Let's get Burnley out of the way first. Still an uphill task but it's in our hands now.

1 game at a time

The players should be taking it one game at a time but us muppets on the internet can look as far ahead as we like. I'm already thinking about next season.

Do people think we'll stick with the 3-4-3? We'll probably need to buy two center backs if we do. Toure will probably leave and Can should eventually be moved into midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

What about season 16/17. Major overhaul needed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What about season 16/17. Major overhaul needed

Sure let's do 15/16 first before we worry about 2 seasons time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Happy Birthday Kenny.

Let's not forget; yes, he's a legend because of what he did as a player, what he did for us as a manager in the late 80s, very early 90s, and what he did with respect to Hillsborough, but we should not underestimate what he did for us post-Hodgson.

He went at the right time IMO. he got us to two cup finals, but 8th was probably unacceptable, the Carroll, Downing and Adam transfers were a bit mental, and tbh, i think the job was always a temporary one.

but he steadied the ship after the Hodge debacle, and gave Rodgers at least something to work with when he came in - what I mean by that is, at least there was some positivity around the club again. it can't be underestimated just how much of a dire slump we were in.

he didn't have to help us out, but he did.

he's always put the club first, and for that he'll always be wished a very happy birthday from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Think I'll up my usual 3 pints per game up to 4 pints per game starting tonight. With 11 games to go that's still only 44 pints and I have a feeling if we're going to be in the running for Top 4 near the end it'll probably require over 50 pints total, nearly 5pints per game! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

• Advertisement

I remember a few years ago being at the 3-0 v Utd and the Kop singing happy birthday to Kenny. Magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Carroll was bought when Kenny was 2 weeks into his very much still temporary role.

It's mental to me why people put the signing at his doorstep. I'd strongly suggest he had minimal input other than to say he'd be open to using him in his side.

It would make zero sense for FSG to allow a temporary manager to make a record breaking transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Carroll was bought when Kenny was 2 weeks into his very much still temporary role.

It's mental to me why people put the signing at his doorstep. I'd strongly suggest he had minimal input other than to say he'd be open to using him in his side.

It would make zero sense for FSG to allow a temporary manager to make a record breaking transfer.

I'd have to agree with you on this one, which is why I find it tough to swallow when people credit Kenny with having signed Suarez also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Context. Our number one striker was definitely leaving - somebody had to make the decision of who would replace him without the luxury of time. I presume it was a discussion, but of course the man who had already been doing plenty of scouting for the club and had been promoted to manager would have been a big part of that discussion.

I would suggest he, along with the other key staff members, had a reasonably big part in the signings of both Suarez and Carroll, both of whom he had reportedly watched in his previous capacity with the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

What did FSG know about soccerball at the time? And if they weren't listening to Dalglish, who were they listening to. Comolli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

B_RnF6_WoAAY7yH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

B_RnF6_WoAAY7yH.jpg

Strong bloody team that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would like to see us get an early goal. Burnley are warriors and if they get dug in the match could turn into a long hard slog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just hope it's not a case of after the lord mayor's show tonight. Two big efforts put in away in Turkey and against Man City. Incredibly energetic display against City given the circumstances. Just hope they don't come out a bit flat this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

SlickRic wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Kenny.

Let's not forget; yes, he's a legend because of what he did as a player, what he did for us as a manager in the late 80s, very early 90s, and what he did with respect to Hillsborough, but we should not underestimate what he did for us post-Hodgson.

He went at the right time IMO. he got us to two cup finals, but 8th was probably unacceptable, the Carroll, Downing and Adam transfers were a bit mental, and tbh, i think the job was always a temporary one.

but he steadied the ship after the Hodge debacle, and gave Rodgers at least something to work with when he came in - what I mean by that is, at least there was some positivity around the club again. it can't be underestimated just how much of a dire slump we were in.

he's always put the club first, and for that he'll always be wished a very happy birthday from me.

He bought us Suarez and Henderson, so not all bad business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

SlickRic wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Kenny.

Dalglish went to every single funeral including 4 in one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Apparently Blackburn have rested six players tonight ahead of the Cup game at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He bought us Suarez and Henderson, so not all bad business

Who said it was?

I'd say all those signings were down to Comoli, good and bad. Like you say, Kenny was probably asked "Could you use such player?" I wouldn't even say any figures were mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Sterling on the right I presume - was interested to see if he would ever be used there.

Shows what a versatile player Sterling can be for us. Can play up top, in the hole, as a wide forward, and now we're using him as the right wing-back (or whatever you want to call the role in this system).

It's actually probably more indicative of how fluid Rodgers wants his system and his payers to be. Inevitably in the summer we'll be talking about needing to sign certain positions, but Rodgers will probably be looking for much more versatility/fluidity in each player he brings in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement