Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Just watching the City game now on Match of the Day here now to warm up for the game tonight. Looking at the age difference between both teams and even the ages of the 'main plsyers' at the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, etc... it's scary to think where we could be in 5 years if all our young pups stay together under Daddy Brendan.

Our years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Just watching the City game now on Match of the Day here now to warm up for the game tonight. Looking at the age difference between both teams and even the ages of the 'main plsyers' at the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, etc... it's scary to think where we could be in 5 years if all our young pups stay together under Daddy Brendan.

Our years.

He's bought some very promising young players, then throw in what was already at the club, the likes of Sterling, Ibe and sinclair.

Good times ahead for us reds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

On SSN there that Gomes just collapsed in the Spurs Swansea game. Chris Kamara looked like he'd seen a ghost. Jesus hope all is ok. They mentioned the Muamba incident that happened there before. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hes awake and talking, thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DVDM93 wrote: »
    On SSN there that Gomes just collapsed in the Spurs Swansea game. Chris Kamara looked like he'd seen a ghost. Jesus hope all is ok. They mentioned the Muamba incident that happened there before. Fingers crossed.
    Vicxas wrote: »
    Hes awake and talking, thank god.
    Swansea City striker Bafetimbi Gomis collapsed on the pitch and had to leave on a stretcher during his side's Premier League game at Tottenham.
    Gomis, who has collapsed several times in the past, appeared to fall down immediately after Spurs had taken a sixth-minute lead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31740285

Hopefully nothing serious if he has a history and is allowed to play.

A bit of good new for Newcastle and Jonas guteriz (spelling) comes on against man u for the remaining 30 minutes after being out with testicular cancer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Be about 3-0 or more, no contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Keep Henderson in the opposition half and he is a different player. Great game so far every time he gets forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Go Gordon go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Disappointing but lets be honest, the more drawn out the wheels falling off the United bandwagon becomes the more enjoyable it will be when it eventually happens. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Tim krul throws one for the old boss. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

United are absolutely haunted this season.

Tim krul throws one for the old boss. Shame.

He did pull off some great saves.

I take the above back.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=tim%20krul&src=typd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Sooner De Gea goes to Madrid the better. They are abysmal thou. Looking forward to playing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

That United goal was comical tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

54f7767c5ef1d.jpg

The 2nd half of the season continues as expected (potentially better than expected) :D

After 28 games we have 51 points :)
    10 games left to attain 4th, we have a very decent chance.

We are 37 points from the last 16 matches, 2.3125 ppg (Since the Man Utd game)

Another clean sheet, Utd and Arsenal also collecting 3 points each tonight but I am confident that Liverpool will overhaul at least one of them, if not both :)

The ole goal difference is improving too, not quite as impressively as our points tally but nice to see :cool:

Good times, fingers crossed it continues to season's end, the table doesn't lie as we all know.

At least we made ground on goal difference.

Nice one lads :)

30 points from the last 36 on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Awesome control in tonight's performance. Very intelligent and composed team performance.

I know it's Burnley at home and only 2-0 but it was an excellent performance imo.

Felt like game over at 2-0 which we wouldn't have said last season. The football is not quite as entertaining or irresistible as last season but it is still a joy to watch at times. Everyone appears very comfortable on the ball and there is a lot of confidence in the team.

Add to this players like Coutinho and Henderson really stepping up as match winners and it looks really positive.

Skrtel, Can, Henderson and Coutinho are playing as well as any other player in their position in the league at the moment. But an all round very composed and impressive team performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Here it is in its glory :(

https://vine.co/v/O0tLFgtMEZ3

Disappointing other results tonight but we march on. More confident that we will get a top 4 place looking at the remaining fixtures and how everyone around us is playing. Just have to keep the head down.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

5starpool wrote: »

I told you not to turn arou.. Watch the goal.

Motd is on at 22.45 using Filmon.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Disappointing but lets be honest, the more drawn out the wheels falling off the United bandwagon becomes the more enjoyable it will be when it eventually happens. :D
    United are absolutely haunted this season.
    Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Sooner De Gea goes to Madrid the better. They are abysmal thou. Looking forward to playing them.
    I told you not to turn arou.. Watch the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Timmyctc wrote: »

10 points in december now 2 in march ;)

Timmmaay !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm not worried at the moment.

A team that ****e can't get results indefinitely.

Tonight was exactly what was needed after a pretty hectic last few weeks.

A dead boring 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

This is worth book marking. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Swansea the next league game now, win that and we're in position to overtake United if we beat them at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great performance as comfortable I have seen us at home all season. As some one said I felt safe saying game over at 2-0.

Lallana is a fantastic player the way he finds space is like Alonso.

That united goal took the gloss off a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

This is worth book marking. :)

Make sure you do, one of yer lot said Liverpool would have an easy win against us back when we beat ye and I forgot to bookmark it :( Never got my victory dance.

The Ev are lucky there will probably be 3 worse sides below them in the league this season. They are in freefall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Great stuff again. Absolutely no fear of anyone at this stage.

Next 3 games are huge. Arsenal away being the toughest of those games. 7/9 points and we are well on course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Make sure you do, one of yer lot said Liverpool would have an easy win against us back when we beat ye and I forgot to bookmark it :( Never got my victory dance.

I would really enjoy the utd and Liverpool match to finish the exact same way as tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I wonder, in the quite moments when Stevie isn't sticking pins in his doll , does he look at Hendo and smile thinking 'yep ,I'm leaving these guys in good hands'.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I would really enjoy the utd and Liverpool match to finish the exact same way as tonight.

Me too. A 2-0 win for Liverpool would be fantastic.

• Advertisement

Couldnt care less if it does once we finish top 4.

Believe it or not not everyone is obsessed with utd! Plenty of eejits are in Ireland and vice versa. Just another team these days like ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

6 clean sheets in our last 8 league games is a real positive.

There's a sense now that if we get the first goal it will be very difficult for the opposition to come back into it, especially against the perceived weaker teams.

Sakho to come back should really help too (although credit to Lovren who's done a capable job in his absence)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Me too. A 2-0 win for Liverpool would be fantastic.

You win this round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Couldnt care less if it does once we finish top 4.

Believe it or not not everyone is obsessed with utd! Plenty of eejits are in Ireland and vice versa. Just another team these days like ourselves

Think the obsession may be justified at the moment considering they're our main rivals for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How do you think you'll fare in your 3rd attempt at winning the international world champions cup off United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

The match thread for the liverpool united game could well break boards.ie id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nice to see Lovren getting back to decent form also.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

How do you think you'll fare in your 3rd attempt at winning the international world champions cup off United?

Dunno.

How will ye lot fare in teh Europa league against Dynamo Unpronouncables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is anyone else worried about Gerard coming back. Will rogers buckle under the "this gerards last game against united\arsenal" bollocks that they media role up with

Morzadec wrote: »
    6 clean sheets in our last 8 league games is a real positive.

Rodgers must of brought in that defensive coach, most of us called for.

Think the obsession may be justified at the moment considering they're our main rivals for 4th.

Not really, Arsenal are only 1 ahead of Utd and Spurs will be a point behind us if they win their game in hand. It's a 4 horse race imo without a doubt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement