Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

Bloody hell Everton lost again.

Dodged some bullet not getting Martinez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bloody hell Everton lost again.

Dodged some bullet not getting Martinez

They are lucky Leicester, QPR and Burnley are in the league this year. Otherwise I think they could be in real bother.

Actually annoyed now that we only drew twice with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Second half was a bore-fest, delighted with that and the 3 points.

Allen and Lovren's redemption continues apace, Allen in particular looking assured and adept.

Hendo showing leadership and great technique.

Sturridge removing the rusticles bit by bit, Can displaying great energy, the Count doing what the Count is wont to do, Llama linking well

Opposition strikers floundering on Skrtel's rock-like presence and the Mig taking no prisoners.

A great night's work and just a shame that the top 7 all won. We go again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is anyone else worried about Gerard coming back. Will rogers buckle under the "this gerards last game against united\arsenal" bollocks that they media role up with

I am. I have not seen anywhere in this system he'd fit as well as the alternatives that are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Dunno.

How will ye lot fare in teh Europa league against Dynamo Unpronouncables.

Hopefully better than Liverpool in the Cl, then subsequently the EL
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Still dont trust Lovren.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Thats who I would've went for at the time.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is anyone else worried about Gerard coming back. Will rogers buckle under the "this gerards last game against united\arsenal" bollocks that they media role up with

I'm not worried about it. Rodgers cares more about what the Liverpool fans think than the english media, and there can't be many locals who want a return to the form of latter-2014. We will see him start cup games and come on for cameos in more important league matches where we need something special, imo. Allen, Can and Llama need to keep making it difficult not to pick them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I know Henderson has been putting in some stirring performances as captain lately but Martin Skrtel has been immense in controlling that backline. That no 23 buck can play a bit too I suppose. 10m:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Henderson was f*ckin boss tonight. Besides the goal and the assist, he was constantly slotting in and allowing other players to roam a bit. Sterling covered 3 positions, but I reckon the only one Henderson didn't play tonight was in the sticks. I'd say he was ready to glove up though when Mignolet got that bang on the head.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Thats who I would've went for at the time.

Takes a big man to admit that, you must have a mighty pair of knackers on ye :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Hopefully better than Liverpool in the Cl, then subsequently the EL
    x

Would rather get knocked out of two European competitions than be in none all the same though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Delighted with that win tonight, that could have been really tricky but was dealt with superbly.

Great stuff from Rodgers to buy back Suarez so he could pull us through this like he did solely last year.

garra wrote: »
    Takes a big man to admit that, you must have a mighty pair of knackers on ye :P

One thing for sure.. I did not want Rodgers near Liverpool.

How wrong I was.

Charlie19 wrote: »

How wrong I was.

I doubt there are any posters here who can claim they wanted Rodgers before it came down to a choice between Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert. Even then I'd say he wasn't most people's choice.

I doubt there are any posters here who can claim they wanted Rodgers before it came down to a choice between Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert. Even then I'd say he wasn't most people's choice.

Id say most were skeptical of all 3 tbh

When the pics of Martinez and Henry surfaced, I remember thinking only matter of time before he be announced.

• Charlie19 wrote: »

How wrong I was.

Honest question: Would you have been thinking the same thing before Xmas? Seems like a lot of opinion on Rodgers has flipped like a coin yet again.
    Think the judgement should be left to the end of the season.

• Advertisement

For those who missed it, the early chance for I Sturridge (i Think) was orgasmic, the quick movement in the build up was quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

klose wrote: »
    The match thread for the liverpool united game could well break boards.ie id say.

I might skip the match and just watch the thread tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Out of those 3 I wanted Rafa.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honest question: Would you have been thinking the same thing before Xmas? Seems like a lot of opinion on Rodgers has flipped like a coin yet again.

Since he came in, I can honestly say he got my full backing. Of course i gave a little bit of criticism here and there but never called for his sacking.

Unlike Roy, Rodgers always looked like he had a plan and a way of playing.

Just in case I'm not the last person to realize this, use Hola to browse from UK and watch Match of the Day NOW using link:
    http://www.filmon.com/tv/bbc-one

... don't forget a lot were fully behind him before Christmas. Also don't forget many who post here are still not at all behind him.

• Advertisement

• Charlie19 wrote: »
    Since he came in, I can honestly say he got my full backing. Of course i gave a little bit of criticism here and there but never called for his sacking.

Unlike Roy, Rodgers always looked like he had a plan and a way of playing.

To follow up on the above; what's the minimum you expect for Liverpool this season? As in finish to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Massive kick in the teeth with the UTD result.

Type of thing that can reignite form m.

• Augeo wrote: »
    ... don't forget a lot were fully behind him before Christmas. Also don't forget many who post here are still not at all behind him.

Fair point, would you be the latter?

Fair point, would you be the latter?

No Mick, I was fully behind him all season, even when Utd beat us I thought the signs were there that he was trying the right things and that the rest of the season would be much better.

Over 2 months ago I pencilled in 67 points as the realistic aim/target and mentioned that more could be possible with what I call the "Sturridge factor".

• Augeo wrote: »
    No Mick, I was fully behind him all season, even when Utd beat us I thought the signs were there that he was trying the right things and that the rest of the season would be much better.

Over 2 months ago I pencilled in 67 points as the realistic aim/target and mentioned that more could be possible with what I call the "Sturridge factor".

I don't think its Sturridge at all

Its Jordan Henderson without Steven Gerrard

Most of you may say I have nothing positive to say about Liverpool but I have always mentioned him in good light.

• Advertisement

To follow up on the above; what's the minimum you expect for Liverpool this season? As in finish to the season.

I wouldn't really set a minimum, it be more down to performances.

Taking into account the start we had and the quality of the squads we're up against, then a place qualifying for the Europa league would be great, but the form we're in, honestly I'd be gutted not getting fourth spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Start of the season finish in the top 4 and and give some bit of pace with Chelsea and city.
    Then it became challenge for top 4.
    Now my minimum expectation is a top 4 challenge to the last day and a fa cup final.

But to be honest with the way we dragged ourselves back into the mix I would be sore if we didn't finish in the top 4.

I don't think its Sturridge at all

Its Jordan Henderson without Steven Gerrard

Most of you may say I have nothing positive to say about Liverpool but I have always mentioned him in good light.

I know it's not Sturridge, 2 months ago I said 67 was the target and we might get more if Sturridge contributes goals when he came back.

I didn't want him gone but I stated that FSG would have been within their rights to start considering the scouting of replacements behind the scenes.

I'm delighted it hasn't come to that as I enjoy watching the football he produces, he has still a lot to learn in terms of winning important one off games and has feck all European nous, but these are things that will come with experience.

He excels in basics of spotting talent in players and getting his teams to perform as a cohesive unit, he is adaptable and a quick learner so if given the time he is just as likely to bring the good times back as anyone else, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I might skip the match and just watch the thread tbh.

You'd see less ****e and bile thrown around watching 2 girls 1 cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg[/IMG]

a graphical description of Lambert managing liverpool, having said that Woy was a bit like this...

http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg[/IMG]

a graphical description of Lambert managing liverpool, having said that Woy was a bit like this...

Looks like Joe Kinnear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Lol your right, bizarrely enough I was watching the Geordie rant guy commenting on the the kinnear interview today... I reckon his head might have exploded after the result today :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The good news is Tottenham play united next so one drops points or hopefully both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rob316 wrote: »
    The good news is Tottenham play united next so one drops points or hopefully both.

Why worry about Spurs, we are chasing people above us.

Just focus on our own results. Keep winning and you'll climb the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Would love us to sign Moussa Sissoko. Has huge potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

United still winning when playing poorly just seems too ominous to me :(

Newcastle should have had a penalty, and Evans possible red for spitting on Cisse (he could get a retrospective ban though). To be fair, the Cisse tackle on him did look bad. Far from excuses the spit, though.

• Knex. wrote: »

Newcastle should have had a penalty, and Evans possible red for spitting on Cisse (he could get a retrospective ban though). To be fair, the Cisse tackle on him did look bad. Far from excuses the spit, though.

Cisse also spat on him, both guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I know Henderson has been putting in some stirring performances as captain lately but Martin Skrtel has been immense in controlling that backline. That no 23 buck can play a bit too I suppose. 10m:pac::pac:

Yep Skrtel put in another flawless performance tonight and looks like he was born to play the role he's in.

He would be my number 2 man of the match tonight after Hendo - I know we weren't under a great deal of pressure but I thought he was just superb in everything he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Knex. wrote: »

I think Utd will come unstuck when they play a decent team and they have a lot of big games coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think Utd will come unstuck when they play a decent team and they have a lot of big games coming up.

But sure they weren't playing in Europe this season so they'll win the title.

• djPSB wrote: »
    But sure they weren't playing in Europe this season so they'll win the title.

;) repeat of your season last year eh?

Cisse also spat on him, both guilty

Christ, didn't even see that. Had MOTD on mute too.

What where they at?

Also, while not as good, the Henderon goal tonight had shades of Gerrard v Olympiakos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, while not as good, the Henderon goal tonight had shades of Gerrard v Olympiakos.

He's the next John Welsh alright #nopressure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement