Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do near blackrock with a baby

Options
  • 22-02-2015 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm dropping and collecting someone to and from blackrock clinic this week. I'll have my 9 month old daughter with me. I've no idea how long we will be waiting but I'm guessing it will be four or five hours anyway and waiting at the clinic isn't an option. I'm not familiar with the area at all. I'm wondering what to do to kill time while we wait? I'll have the buggy and we love waking... Could u recommend a nice walk close by? Happy to drive to get there.. Or anything else that would be nice to do and baby friendly to kill a few hours? Thanks in advance, all suggestions appreciated :) I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Right across the road from the clinic is blackrock park, but if you wanted a substantial walk it'd be too small.

It'd be about a 10 minute driver Dun Laoghaire, to walk the pier, or 15 minutes to Killiney if you wanted to go up Killiney hill.

Blackrock clinic is probably a 5 minute drive from Sandymount strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Panda play cafe in ballsbridge/donnybrook is amazing
    http://www.pandaplaycafe.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

detoxkid wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm dropping and collecting someone to and from blackrock clinic this week. I'll have my 9 month old daughter with me. I've no idea how long we will be waiting but I'm guessing it will be four or five hours anyway and waiting at the clinic isn't an option. I'm not familiar with the area at all. I'm wondering what to do to kill time while we wait? I'll have the buggy and we love waking... Could u recommend a nice walk close by? Happy to drive to get there.. Or anything else that would be nice to do and baby friendly to kill a few hours? Thanks in advance, all suggestions appreciated :) I

walk into the park opposite the clinic over towards the sea and follow the railway towards Blackrock. Keep walking with the sea on your left and you can walk all along to Dun Laoghaire in about 25 -30 minutes. You can go along right by the sea in a number of places. In Dun Laoghaire there are plenty of cafes, coffee shops and a couple of playgrounds. One in Dun Laoghaire park and another on library road. If the weather is nice you can keeping walking along the seafront to Sandycove. If you want you can also walk either pier in Dun laoghaire. the West pier is a mile long and you will pass it walking from Blackrock before you get to dun laoghaire proper. East Pier is about 3/4 mile long.
    You can call into the new library on Dun Laoghaire seafront and relax for a bit.

Also if you need to return to Blackrock at short notice you will be near DART stations all the way along.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Great suggestions, many thanks. We had a great time at blackrock park and then walked into dun l as suggested. So fab u guys are lucky to live there! Great to have option of the play centre had the weather been crap too

Advertisement