Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildangan ADSL2

Options
  • 22-02-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi 

Im connected to the Kildangan Exchange and from what I've read online the exchange is meant to be ADSL2 enabled however having been with Eircom almost 6 months i've only ever synced using ADSL1 at the max 8MB. Can you let me know why this would be the case? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

claytonie wrote: »
    Hi 

Im connected to the Kildangan Exchange and from what I've read online the exchange is meant to be ADSL2 enabled however having been with Eircom almost 6 months i've only ever synced using ADSL1 at the max 8MB. Can you let me know why this would be the case? 
    Hi claytonie

If you would like to PM me your land line number I'll be happy to look in to this for you

Cheers
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for PM'ing the details claytonie

I have looked in to this in detail and I can confirm that the reason your can only get 8Mb at present is because you are on the "low version" of your subscription however you can upgrade to the "high version" which offers up to 24Mb.

Please note that although the high version offers up to 24Mb your line will be incapable of holding more than 12Mb due to it's distance from the exchange (distance affects speed across the board) - this is largely why speeds are provided on the condition of "up to" the advised speed (24Mb in this case).

If you would like to upgrade to the "high version" please contact eircoms sales department via webchat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1800503303.

I can also confirm the upgrade would be free and at no extra monthly cost :)

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement