Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hold music best thing about Eircom!

Options
  • 23-02-2015 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Eircom[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I am posting this on to boards.ie as I feel I do not have any other alternative as I have rang your phone line multiple times but I am still not happy with the service you are providing as a company.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I hope that you can escalate my problem which I will outline below to a Manager who has the authority to correct my account as I have been unable to speak to a manager or supervisor so far.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Please see email below which I sent on the 11.10.14 to your complaints department:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] ________________________________________________________________________[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Dear Sir/ Madame[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I am writing this email to complain about the service I have received from your company so far which I find extremely disappointing.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I signed up at the door with one of your representatives to have efibre and telephone installed. I had arranged for this to be installed on the 28th of October, which I received a text message confirming the insulation of the phone line on this date and the efibre to follow. The phone line installer showed up one week early and was lucky to find my wife at home. After the 28th I still had not received an update on my efibre insulation.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]On the 31st of October I spent 45 minutes on hold trying to speak to one of your representatives and was eventually cut off. I rang again on the 1st of November at 9am. The call was answered by one of your staff members, however she was unable to hear me but I was able to hear her. I heard her say "that's fu*king gas. Is that an iphone 6 you've got Gemma". I hung up after this as I'd spent a long time trying to get to speak to someone the night before and was not happy with hearing this first thing on a Saturday morning.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I then rang back again on the same day and was transferred to Ian in the efibre department who told me my package had been unbundled and that he would have to add back on the efibre and I should contact eircom to confirm the insulation of the efibre. When I rang back on Monday I ended up being transferred back to the loyalty department to have my package re-bundled. I spoke to Keith Burke on this occasion, who looked at my file and told me that one system was telling him that I could get efibre and the other system said I couldn't. He then transferred me to his supervisor Glen who I explained the situation in detail to. He put me on hold while he contacted KN networks but was unable to speak to anyone there. He told me that either himself or Keith would contact me on Tuesday the 4th of November with an update on my efibre status.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]As I had not heard anything from either of them by Thursday the 6th, I rang again and this time spoke to Habeeb. I asked to speak to either Keith or Glen and was told that he could only send an e-mail to Keith requesting him to contact me. I then requested to speak to his supervisor as you can imagine how irritated I had become. I was told that his supervisor was on a call and as such not available to speak to me. I asked to be put on hold, and wait to speak to a supervisor but Habeeb refused. He was very unhelpful. I asked for either Keith, Glen or Habeeb's supervisor to contact me back that evening.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]After more waiting for a call back that didn't come, on Friday I rang again. After being transferred a number of times I eventually spoke to Pedro, who informed me that I could only receive 5mb through my phone line and not the 100 mb that I had been sold. He checked this numerous times and still came up with the same result. He also sent an e-mail to Keith asking him to contact me.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]After speaking to Pedro, I was quite shocked and rang back again to confirm what I had been told. On this occasion I spoke to Jade, who confirmed that a technician was going to inspect the exchange to see if I could get efibre. She said that I would receive a call on Monday or Tuesday this week. I have not received this call as of today.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Taking all of the above into consideration the only staff member that has been any way useful has been Jade. I am beyond annoyed with the situation and as I cancelled my last internet provider on the recommendation of your sales agent I have no internet at home. I have also been provided with a phone line but have yet to be informed of the contact number of his line. As you can imagine the situation has become extremely serious. At this stage I have wasted numerous hours on the phone to your company. I would like someone to contact me and resolve this issue immediately.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I am also informing you not to debit my account on your next direct debit run as you have failed to provide the service that was contracted.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Should you have any queries in relation to the above or if you would like me to clarify further please contact me on 087 xxx xxxx.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Kind regards
    David
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]The response I received back from Eircom[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] _______________________________________________________________________[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Dear David,[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Many thanks for your email.[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]In regards to your mail we are very sorry to hear of the many poor service issues you have raised, i will forward your mail to Customer care as feedback. We expect courteous, polite and helpful service for all customers at all times.[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]We have checked with Fibre sales regards the order and it has now been confirmed that your line unfortunately does not qualify at this time, if you could let us know what you have decided to do in reference to the account we will endeavour to assist you with that?[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]I hope this email is of some assistance to your query. [/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you. [/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Regards, [/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Jai[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Customer Care Administration Team
    Eircom Ltd.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Since the above email I have been connected to Next Generation broadband with speeds of 20MB expected. This did not work and I was then placed on to 5MB which also did not work and eventually on 28th December I was reduced to 3MB speed to keep a stable connection.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Whilst having the 3MB connected an engineer had to come out and inspect the line as I was not receiving a tone on the phone line which he corrected at the exchange. Whilst there he also confirmed to me that the exchange just needed to be connected and I would be able to receive the EFibre.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]So after 2 months I had 3MB speed and not the 100MB confirmed when I first signed up.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]So far I have not even had an internet connection in use two months but yet you have charged my account over €119. I had signed up for the deal of €24 euro per month for the first 6 months. I have rang your Customer Service / Loyalty Department /Acccount & Billing multiple times to have this resolved but with no solution. I have been told multiple times Supervisors are unable to take my call but would ring me back, but this has never happened. The last time I rang I was told that the supervisor expected back from annual leave on the Thursday was actually coming back on the Monday, another supervisor had rang in sick and the third supervisor had broken his wrist and they were unsure of when he would be back in work.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I have had Direct Debits withdrawn from my account without receiving any service. When I have emailed and rang to have future Direct Debits ceased they have confirmed they have been stopped but yet they have still been drawn from my account and I have had to inform my bank to reject them.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Last week I tried to increase the limit on my download usage but because Eircom are unable to allocate credits, so my account remains overdue. The offer I received from your staff was that I could start a new contract with a charge of €39 per month for the first 6 months even though I am still waiting to have my 6 months at €24.[/font]
    ·         [font=Times New Roman","serif]So far after 4 months with Eircom:[/font]
    ·         [font=Times New Roman","serif]I have been overcharged.[/font]
    ·         [font=Times New Roman","serif]Had no internet connection for 2 Months[/font]
    ·         [font=Times New Roman","serif]Had speed of 3MB when signed up for 100MB[/font]
    ·         [font=Times New Roman","serif]Wasted Multiple hours ringing Eircom[/font]
    ·         [font=Times New Roman","serif]Been told I could have had EFibre connected, had Eircom checked the line correctly in the start.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I expect for this to be resolved immediately as this is unacceptable to sign people up for a service which you have failed to provide.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Please contact me to for my account number[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Kind Regards[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]David[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Installation not insulation

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DavidFedup

Thanks for the correction ally.
    Hopefully eircom will also respond to my first message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

DavidFedup wrote: »
    Hi Eircom
    I am posting this on to boards.ie as I feel I do not have any other alternative as I have rang your phone line multiple times but I am still not happy with the service you are providing as a company.
    I hope that you can escalate my problem which I will outline below to a Manager who has the authority to correct my account as I have been unable to speak to a manager or supervisor so far.
    Please see email below which I sent on the 11.10.14 to your complaints department:
    I signed up at the door with one of your representatives to have efibre and telephone installed. I had arranged for this to be installed on the 28th of October, which I received a text message confirming the insulation of the phone line on this date and the efibre to follow. The phone line installer showed up one week early and was lucky to find my wife at home. After the 28th I still had not received an update on my efibre insulation.
    On the 31st of October I spent 45 minutes on hold trying to speak to one of your representatives and was eventually cut off. I rang again on the 1st of November at 9am. The call was answered by one of your staff members, however she was unable to hear me but I was able to hear her. I heard her say "that's fu*king gas. Is that an iphone 6 you've got Gemma". I hung up after this as I'd spent a long time trying to get to speak to someone the night before and was not happy with hearing this first thing on a Saturday morning.
    I then rang back again on the same day and was transferred to Ian in the efibre department who told me my package had been unbundled and that he would have to add back on the efibre and I should contact eircom to confirm the insulation of the efibre. When I rang back on Monday I ended up being transferred back to the loyalty department to have my package re-bundled. I spoke to Keith Burke on this occasion, who looked at my file and told me that one system was telling him that I could get efibre and the other system said I couldn't. He then transferred me to his supervisor Glen who I explained the situation in detail to. He put me on hold while he contacted KN networks but was unable to speak to anyone there. He told me that either himself or Keith would contact me on Tuesday the 4th of November with an update on my efibre status.
    As I had not heard anything from either of them by Thursday the 6th, I rang again and this time spoke to Habeeb. I asked to speak to either Keith or Glen and was told that he could only send an e-mail to Keith requesting him to contact me. I then requested to speak to his supervisor as you can imagine how irritated I had become. I was told that his supervisor was on a call and as such not available to speak to me. I asked to be put on hold, and wait to speak to a supervisor but Habeeb refused. He was very unhelpful. I asked for either Keith, Glen or Habeeb's supervisor to contact me back that evening.
    After more waiting for a call back that didn't come, on Friday I rang again. After being transferred a number of times I eventually spoke to Pedro, who informed me that I could only receive 5mb through my phone line and not the 100 mb that I had been sold. He checked this numerous times and still came up with the same result. He also sent an e-mail to Keith asking him to contact me.
    After speaking to Pedro, I was quite shocked and rang back again to confirm what I had been told. On this occasion I spoke to Jade, who confirmed that a technician was going to inspect the exchange to see if I could get efibre. She said that I would receive a call on Monday or Tuesday this week. I have not received this call as of today.
    Taking all of the above into consideration the only staff member that has been any way useful has been Jade. I am beyond annoyed with the situation and as I cancelled my last internet provider on the recommendation of your sales agent I have no internet at home. I have also been provided with a phone line but have yet to be informed of the contact number of his line. As you can imagine the situation has become extremely serious. At this stage I have wasted numerous hours on the phone to your company. I would like someone to contact me and resolve this issue immediately.
    I am also informing you not to debit my account on your next direct debit run as you have failed to provide the service that was contracted.
    Should you have any queries in relation to the above or if you would like me to clarify further please contact me on 087 xxx xxxx.
    Kind regards
    David

The response I received back from Eircom

Dear David,
    Many thanks for your email.
    In regards to your mail we are very sorry to hear of the many poor service issues you have raised, i will forward your mail to Customer care as feedback. We expect courteous, polite and helpful service for all customers at all times.
    We have checked with Fibre sales regards the order and it has now been confirmed that your line unfortunately does not qualify at this time, if you could let us know what you have decided to do in reference to the account we will endeavour to assist you with that?
    I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.
    If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you.
    Regards,
    Jai
    Customer Care Administration Team
    Eircom Ltd.

Since the above email I have been connected to Next Generation broadband with speeds of 20MB expected. This did not work and I was then placed on to 5MB which also did not work and eventually on 28th December I was reduced to 3MB speed to keep a stable connection.
    Whilst having the 3MB connected an engineer had to come out and inspect the line as I was not receiving a tone on the phone line which he corrected at the exchange. Whilst there he also confirmed to me that the exchange just needed to be connected and I would be able to receive the EFibre.
    So after 2 months I had 3MB speed and not the 100MB confirmed when I first signed up.
    So far I have not even had an internet connection in use two months but yet you have charged my account over €119. I had signed up for the deal of €24 euro per month for the first 6 months. I have rang your Customer Service / Loyalty Department /Acccount & Billing multiple times to have this resolved but with no solution. I have been told multiple times Supervisors are unable to take my call but would ring me back, but this has never happened. The last time I rang I was told that the supervisor expected back from annual leave on the Thursday was actually coming back on the Monday, another supervisor had rang in sick and the third supervisor had broken his wrist and they were unsure of when he would be back in work.
    I have had Direct Debits withdrawn from my account without receiving any service. When I have emailed and rang to have future Direct Debits ceased they have confirmed they have been stopped but yet they have still been drawn from my account and I have had to inform my bank to reject them.
    Last week I tried to increase the limit on my download usage but because Eircom are unable to allocate credits, so my account remains overdue. The offer I received from your staff was that I could start a new contract with a charge of €39 per month for the first 6 months even though I am still waiting to have my 6 months at €24.
    ·         So far after 4 months with Eircom:
    ·         I have been overcharged.
    ·         Had no internet connection for 2 Months
    ·         Had speed of 3MB when signed up for 100MB
    ·         Wasted Multiple hours ringing Eircom
    ·         Been told I could have had EFibre connected, had Eircom checked the line correctly in the start.

I expect for this to be resolved immediately as this is unacceptable to sign people up for a service which you have failed to provide.
    Please contact me to for my account number

Kind Regards
    David
    Hi DavidFedup

I'm very sorry to hear of the above issues, please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,
    To really top the Eircom customer service we had a guy from Eircom call to the door today telling us we can sign up to Efibre and will receive 90MB speed. When my wife explains to him we are already with Eircom and very unhappy with the service he tells her according to his records we are not customers of Eircom. He then goes on to question her as to whether she is sure we are with Eircom. How could she forgot we`re with Eircom after all I am on to your customer service nearly everynight. He was eventually convinced after he was allowed into the house to see the router. Crazy customer service from Eircom again.

Hi Al,
    To really top the Eircom customer service we had a guy from Eircom call to the door today telling us we can sign up to Efibre and will receive 90MB speed. When my wife explains to him we are already with Eircom and very unhappy with the service he tells her according to his records we are not customers of Eircom. He then goes on to question her as to whether she is sure we are with Eircom. How could she forgot we`re with Eircom after all I am on to your customer service nearly everynight. He was eventually convinced after he was allowed into the house to see the router. Crazy customer service from Eircom again.
    HI DavidFedup

I have not yet received your PM, please PM me the order or account number and I will look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Al

I have just sent to this to you again. Hopefully it will come through to you this time.

Regards
    David

Hi Al

I have just sent to this to you again. Hopefully it will come through to you this time.

Regards
    David
    Thanks DavidFedup

I have your details and I have escalated to operations to get full clarification on this. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

The main points I will seek clarification on are:

Can we arrange an efibre upgrade from start
    What can be arranged so that the previous issues will not arise again
    What can be done for the outstanding balance for the period when you had no service

I cannot promise I will have further information today but I will of course treat with urgency and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

Hi AL

I also need credits for the overcharges from when I did have the service. I should only be paying €24 for the first 6 months with it being increased to €48 after these 6 months.
    I also had the option to increase my download limit for an additional €5 but I was unable to take this last time I rang your customer service as my account was outstanding so would expect the additional charge above the €5 to be credited aswell

Regards
    Dave

Hi Al

Any update on my previous messages?

Regards
    Dave

Hi Al

Any update on my previous messages?

Regards
    Dave
    Hi DavidFedup

I am awaiting clarification from efibre operations - I hope to have more information soon and as soon as I do I'll let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan

Any update yet? I have received another bill from Eircom but it is still incorrect and not for the 24 euro I had signed up to originally.

Please have the credits issued for this to be corrected?

Regards
    David

Hi Alan

Any update yet? I have received another bill from Eircom but it is still incorrect and not for the 24 euro I had signed up to originally.

Please have the credits issued for this to be corrected?

Regards
    David
    Hi DavidFedup

Could you please PM me a contact number for me to call you on? Does 4pm suit you for a call?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al

Can you phone me to get this resolved.

Thanks
    Dave

Al

You are living up to my experience so far of eircom.

Promised every time someone will ring me and never once received a phone call.

Is this going to be sorted or do I need to go to comreg to see action.

Regards
    Dave

Hi Alan

I am still waiting on a response to my complaint.

Regards
    Dave

Advertisement