Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My obsession - G1

• 23-02-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I was asked a while ago when I joined this forum for a picture of my small G1 collection (think it was about 5 years ago :o ) and I was moving stuff and had some boxes out and decided to snap a couple of them. Here is a "couple" of them. (Picture 1)

I then got set upon by my 4 yr son and in a fire fighting exercise I gave him one of my non-G1's to keep him happy. (picture 2)

Didn't work. :( (Picture 3)

I will update this with the rest of the collection as there is a lot missing from the photo. The bag at the front middle is Reflector and just behind him is Mirage whom you can't see. Also, the other bag is a collection of the first wave of the Micromasters, which I had an odd liking for. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,649 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Great collection dude :) I had a lot of those myself but not the only-available-in-America ones :( There was a kid round the corner from me who had Trypticon.. couldn't get him to swap no matter what I tried! :p
    I did have Scorponok and Metroplex though.

I think there's probably still a load of them in the attic at home. Must dig them out sometime and see what survived...

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I have a lot more to photograph, nearly the complete set with a few headmasters and targetmasters missing and Menasor and that's it. :-)

Might break them down into the way they were released, in their sub categories. Just getting the time to it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

DBK wrote: »
    I have a lot more to photograph, nearly the complete set with a few headmasters and targetmasters missing and Menasor and that's it. :-)

Might break them down into the way they were released, in their sub categories. Just getting the time to it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

DBK wrote: »

Spread it out over a few weeks. That way you don't feel the pressure to do it all at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Very nice collection :eek:
    And you have the Headmasters! :) Do you also have Brainstorm? I can see the other three in the photo but not him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Yep, have Brainstorm somewhere and Fort Max but didn't see Brainstorm or Misfire in the boxes I was going through. Hope I didn't leave them in the old house or I'll have to un-tick them from the list :( . Never got around to getting the Decepticon headmasters except for the Horrocons (which I loved at the time).

Yeah, good idea for doing over a couple of weeks. That way I can keep my son from starting his own collection :) Predaking was "borrowed" before the photo and I didn't really notice until after I took the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Generalist

I must say, nice collection. They all look so new. Anybody into collecting AFA graded transformers?

Generalist

Advertisement