Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aliexpress good or bad

Options
  • 23-02-2015 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Any one buy from aliexpress.com. I'm looking to get a few bits but the site seems to have mixed reviews.

Cheers for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its a marketplace nothing wrong with aliexpress just need to check feedback on sellers. I have found the customer service good only had a couple of sellers not come through and each time it was sorted out really quickly.

Its the biggest ecommerce site in the world so its always going to have a few people who have had a poor experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Try Ali baba as well as they can be cheaper. Usually this is for volume only but there are sellers who will do small numbers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just to be aware that if you are looking to resell, be careful of item that don't meet European standards.

Friends of mine bought kids clothing from a reseller and it had ties that were too long, ie <15cm.

Best to check the ISO website before offering anything for resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Pie and Mash

Clothing and foot wear are particularly small , always check the measurements .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

When you order stuff from here do you have to pay duty on it when it gets to ireland, if so how much ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

shamrock55 wrote: »
    When you order stuff from here do you have to pay duty on it when it gets to ireland, if so how much ?
    Yea, if it gets caught.

Anything over €22 is liable.

citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html

revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html

Advertisement