Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone water damage

• 23-02-2015 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I dropped my iphone into water yesterday evening. I have since put it in a zip bag with rice and have not tried to turn it on since. While I was looking for info on what might help me save the phone I found a link (sorry can't post the actual link because I'm a new user) that ************ in Abbey St. Dublin do a water damage repair service

The place claims to have a 90% recovery rate of the phones and a no fix no fee deal. I'm just wondering is there anything they will do to repair the phone other that what i have done. I would obviously rather pay the charge that they are looking for if it was to be back working but I don't want to pay them for nothing and it isn't the easiest place for me to reach.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can buy an alcohol solution online that claims to remove all the minerals that cause damage to a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

Do u have a link to it or know what it's called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

crazy eyes wrote: »
    I dropped my iphone into water yesterday evening. I have since put it in a zip bag with rice and have not tried to turn it on since. While I was looking for info on what might help me save the phone I found a link (sorry can't post the actual link because I'm a new user) that ************ in Abbey St. Dublin do a water damage repair service

The place claims to have a 90% recovery rate of the phones and a no fix no fee deal. I'm just wondering is there anything they will do to repair the phone other that what i have done. I would obviously rather pay the charge that they are looking for if it was to be back working but I don't want to pay them for nothing and it isn't the easiest place for me to reach.

Thanks for any help.

I assume you didn't type Stars, I think the reason that name doesn't show up is a hint to experiences by other boards users with this business...
    What they (and other repair shops) generally do is take it apart and properly dry it then see if anything needs replacing.
    Said and posted here many times before but apple do an out of warranty repair (read replacement) for water damaged iPhones. You didn't say which type but it's not cheap, between €160 to about €350 (could be more). Just check out apple.com/ie
    If you want to use a good repair shop check out e-tech in dundrum.

Advertisement