Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brew belt in Dublin city?

Options
  • 23-02-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I prepared my first brew last night, an IPA. I reckon I'm going to struggle to keep the ambient temp consistently above 18 degrees and I'd feel more comfortable with a brew belt in place. I got the kit from The Mottly Brew but won't be near the area until later in the week, anyone know where I might pick up a brew belt in Dublin city in the short term? Concerned I might spoil the brew if I leave it below the recommended temp for a prolonged period....

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If your temperature is anything between about 15 and 23 it'll be fine. A brewbelt is more likely to damage the beer than help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Thanks Beernut, may be a case of first brew nerves, I'll leave as is and wait for fermentation to kick off properly before getting too concerned. Its a Milestone IPA btw, interesting to see how it turns out.

Advertisement