Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 23-2-15 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The women were going mad for him. Too bad a lot of the guys hate him. :D

A lot of kids want to be him as well remember.

I cannot believe they made Bryan do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I actually thought it was teasing a heel turn.

The stuff Heyman was saying was designed to piss people off (which worked a treat reading some comments here :pac:); also Heyman saying, 'you're the guy' (i.e. a tease that he may be a Paul Heyman guy).

I wasn't thinking they'd turn Reigns heel at Mania but that promo did suggest a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Great promo from Roman. Some man to talk himself up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DEL RIO mark

I actually thought it was teasing a heel turn.

The stuff Heyman was saying was designed to piss people off (which worked a treat reading some comments here :pac:); also Heyman saying, 'you're the guy' (i.e. a tease that he may be a Paul Heyman guy).

I wasn't thinking they'd turn Reigns heel at Mania but that promo did suggest a possibility.

heel turn with heyman as his mouth piece is the only way forward

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just what we need, the threat of another long winded Wyatt promo.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Just what we need, the threat of another long winded Wyatt promo.

atleast his promos are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

atleast his promos are good

No they're not. Every promo is the same, he just throws in the odd chuckle, giggle, random irrelevant sentence followed by 'he's got the whooole world...' To make it sound more interesting than it actually is.

Why is Swagger beating a guy who is actually being pushed? It should be the other way around!

Also LOL at Cole hammering home the point that Cena never gave up to Rusev, he just passed out (presumably due to Cena's young fanbase, the never-give-up shirts etc.) and then JBL chimes in, 'isn't it the same thing?'

I bet Vince was screaming at him through the headset for that one. He looked like he was getting an earful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Stuck in the Acolyte.

Well done there John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

andyman wrote: »
    No they're not. Every promo is the same, he just throws in the odd chuckle, giggle, random irrelevant sentence followed by 'he's got the whooole world...' To make it sound more interesting than it actually is.

I'm quite a sucker for his promos as well. I enjoy his riddling, even if it is senseless half the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sufferin' Jesus Christ.....

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sufferin' Jesus Christ.....
    Please tell me we are thinking the same thing. I feel like throwing up.......

Angron wrote: »
    Stuck in the Acolyte.

Well done there John.

Farooq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

As nauseating as it is, its quite clever of the WWE to book Cena in a patriotic feud, I don't think you'll find too many Americans booing him.

Whosthis wrote: »
    As nauseating as it is, its quite clever of the WWE to book Cena in a patriotic feud, I don't think you'll find too many Americans booing him.

True, and I bet they'll bring in some marines and give him a big American-themed entrance. Rusev will have to rely on the European and Canadian fans for support.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It is a work they said.

Every year since 2009 I've been saying to myself "maybe this year" "maybe this year" "maybe this year"....

So for the Undertaker to get inducted: Maybe this year??

Leave him last to be inducted like I keep hoping for since 6 years ago.

Also, while he's on; This is a stupid gimmick Curtis Axel has adopted

got to give it to ryback getting better all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

No Undertaker, no Lesnar, no Sting, no Sheamus, no Bryan rivalry yet. Poor start to the WrestleMania build.

Yeah, not a great Raw. I thought for sure Orton would go RKO-crazy but they're gonna drag it out, which might end up being quite good in fairness to them.

I don't think there was anything that was must-see about this episode. Those who didn't watch Raw and visit the board will probably see the thread is past 5 pages and think that a lot of exciting stuff went down.

Don't worry, folks. You haven't missed much.

• Advertisement

No Undertaker, no Lesnar, no Sheamus, no Bryan rivalry yet. Poor start to the WrestleMania build.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/570010560189870080

No Bo Dallas.

It was just a show. Wasn't horrifically bad or anything but definitely don't bother watching the entire thing tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That was shíte. Your standards have been lowered to terrible levels if you thought any different.

Bryan and Heyman's putting over of Reigns was so forced, pathetic and really sad. Also, hugely insulting to long-time fans.

Bryan coming off like a díck stealing Reigns' win.

More Wyatt horseshít.

Ambrose continues to be a gobshíte.

Orton, Steph, HHH, Kane and Big Show kicking off Raw in 2015. Kill me.

Orton was the only vaguely interesting thing on the show.

Rollins is being portrayed as less of a star every week after having the show pretty much built around him for months.

It's easily the most underwhelmed I have ever been heading into Wrestlemania season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Didn't watch. Seems like it was 3 hours of boring ****e and Roman Reigns being given fellatio?

That about right?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Didn't watch. Seems like it was 3 hours of boring ****e and Roman Reigns being given fellatio?

That about right?

SlickRic skipped over the Uso vs Cesaro/Kidd match and the cool Sting video.

rovert wrote: »
    SlickRic skipped over the Uso vs Cesaro/Kidd match and the cool Sting video.

i did.

i just didn't think they redeemed the show!

RE: the Sting vid, it was great to see them give the audience a reason why they might care about Sting. so far, they've not been given much of a reason bar him screwing the Authority for no discernible reason.

Cesaro/Kidd is an enjoyable act, and I'm glad they're likely to get a WM match. but there's no point in getting behind them. they'll be broken up and be thrown back into lower/mid card hell before long.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm honestly shocked at how poor the Orton story was handled. After 4 months, he returns to one of the biggest reactions any face has in WWE right now....so they immediately turn him heel!??! :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate they are still going to have him turn back again, but to me, last night sucked his momentum away; he had plenty of chances to get revenge but still fell back in with the Authority and was slapping backs with Rollins to end the show. Even if he does turn on him, I feel they missed their chance, and the reaction will be muted. The fans were hungry for the face turn and rather than captialise on 4 month injury, they've seemingly decided to string it along even more.

Meanwhile, Bryan still doesn't have a plan for Mania. :(

oh, and I didn't even mention the fact Brock had been advertised but wasn't on the show, while the tease of an Undertaker response came to nothing.

they really do like fúcking their audience in the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm honestly shocked at how poor the Orton story was handled. After 4 months, he returns to one of the biggest reactions any face has in WWE right now....so they immediately turn him heel!??! :confused:

I find Orton struggles to be a face, everything he does is heelish even when he is the good guy.

Mike Johnson said BROCK WAS BACKSTAGE and Dave Meltzer hinted at things not being rosey between Brock and WWE.

An interesting note is that on Sunday night Mir won dominate fashion against a burnt out husk of a fighter in Bigfoot Silva but still highlight reel stuff. Mir said he is open to another fight with his career rival Lesnar:

SlightElaborateAmericancicada.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    Mike Johnson said BROCK WAS BACKSTAGE and Dave Meltzer hinted at things not being rosey between Brock and WWE.

An interesting note is that on Sunday night Mir won dominate fashion against a burnt out husk of a fighter in Bigfoot Silva but still highlight reel stuff. Mir said he is open to another fight with his career rival Lesnar:

Didn't Meltzer say something recently about Brock's concussion history giving him cold feet around the time the new drug testing policy came about?
    Said policy is probably the same reasons why Bigfoot looked a bit leaner in the arms.
    A fight with Mir/Murr makes sense since he is not a top level fighter like a Velasquez, Dos Santos or Werdum & a trilogy decider makes sense.

Advertisement