Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 23-2-15 *SPOILERS*

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ERG89 wrote: »
    Didn't Meltzer say something recently about Brock's concussion history giving him cold feet around the time the new drug testing policy came about?
    Said policy is probably the same reasons why Bigfoot looked a bit leaner in the arms.
    A fight with Mir/Murr makes sense since he is not a top level fighter like a Velasquez, Dos Santos or Werdum & a trilogy decider makes sense.

Jim Ross did and then Meltzer chimed in.

The Wrestling media doesn't seem to have a breeze yet to be honest. Maybe Brock taped a load of backstage interviews for the next 4 weeks and everything was fine BUT still WWE advertised Lesnar locally for Raw to fans.

Lesnar did throw a temper tantrum before over Creative when after the Extreme Rules match Cena didn't do the planned stretcher job and instead cut a WEIRD promo about stepping away from WWE for a while. The Cena promo was seemingly inspired by his then wife filed for divorce but no one heard about that until weeks/months later.

Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

J. Marston wrote: »
    It seems like a very bitter promo.

"Lets have Bryan and Heyman praise him through the roof just to piss off them internet fans."

It really did feel like a middle finger up.

They're not even succeeding in having Reigns piggyback on the back of Bryan's overness.

Highly offensive 15 minutes of television to the fans.

If I had to pick a Mania match I'm most interested in its Cena v Rusev. The only feud that's been worked well by all involved from the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CSF wrote: »
    If I had to pick a Mania match I'm most interested in its Cena v Rusev. The only feud that's been worked well by all involved from the beginning.

Spot on.

going into Mania looking forward to seeing Cena shows just how much Vince has screwed the pooch on poor Roman.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Spot on.

going into Mania looking forward to seeing Cena shows just how much Vince has screwed the pooch on poor Roman.
    Wouldn't say poor Roman, myself. Most of his shortcomings are his own. They've done about all they can to turn the tide, he just isn't over and isn't going to be, probably ever now with the way this is panning out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't say poor Roman, myself. Most of his shortcomings are his own. They've done about all they can to turn the tide, he just isn't over and isn't going to be, probably ever now with the way this is panning out.

I would say poor Roman. He's not ready but anyone who says they'd reject the chance he's gettong of they felt they weren't ready is a liar anyone who believes he shouldn't try to grab the brass ring is naive.

The goofy promos at the beginning killed him.

• Advertisement

andyman wrote: »
    I would say poor Roman. He's not ready but anyone who says they'd reject the chance he's gettong of they felt they weren't ready is a liar anyone who believes he shouldn't try to grab the brass ring is naive.

The goofy promos at the beginning killed him.
    He isn't ever going to be ready. I don't feel any worse for the crowd rejecting him than I do any of the stars who've tried and failed in the WWE.

At least this guy will only likely ever fall as low as the upper midcard if even.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't/won't pretend to feel sympathy towards Reigns. From a few interviews posted here from him he's come across as an arrogant jackass, so when he's getting shat on I don't feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm starting a rumour that Undertaker and Lesnar didn't appear because they had a fight backstage over Lesnar not showing the correct respect to Lesnar over him ending the streak.

Then it will turn out to be a work to set up their rematch. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Having now seen the DB/Reigns/Heyman segment, I feel sick.

Everything involving Reigns is so artificial and forced. It's just totally wrong to me as a lifelong wrestling fan.

I wonder how Heyman felt delivering that promo. As facetious as his delivery was, the words were an insult to fans imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There was no need for Daniel Bryan to come out and endorse Reigns again, they had their match at FL and that was the end

The more WWE put Reigns with Bryan in any situation, the more it is going bad for Reigns as Bryan is so over

I would have preferred if Reigns didn't do so much speaking, he should have taken out Heyman last night imo

I agree with Lord TSC about Orton, he is was well over last night, he should have RKO'D Steph and build up his feud with Rollins if their match at WM is happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I agree with Lord TSC about Orton, he is was well over last night, he should have RKO'D Steph and build up his feud with Rollins if their match at WM is happening

I love explosive anger Orton an' all but the implication is that he's playing the long game (so three weeks?) with Rollins. The announcers acknowledge that his holding back is out of character and Rollins doesn't trust him.

He's waiting for his moment to RKO outta nowhere and that's the build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ridley wrote: »
    I love explosive anger Orton an' all but the implication is that he's playing the long game (so three weeks?) with Rollins. The announcers acknowledge that his holding back is out of character and Rollins doesn't trust him.

He's waiting for his moment to RKO outta nowhere and that's the build.

What Rollins cashes in at WM and Orton costs him to lose there

I would have preferred lots of RKOs last night :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What Rollins cashes in at WM and Orton costs him to lose there

I would have preferred lots of RKOs last night :p

I expect it'll be an RKO on Rollins then the match made at WM, They're just playing it differently to having to write variations on Authority beating up Orton-Orton clearing out ring for a little while.

The only thing I want from Reigns/Lesnar is Rollins walking out champion. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Moneymaker wrote: »

I wonder how Heyman felt delivering that promo. As facetious as his delivery was, the words were an insult to fans imo.

There is a moment when his eyes changed having to say the Stone Cold one. If he ever leaves WWE on bad terms again Id say we'll get an interesting few words from him about that promo in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dep! wrote: »
    There is a moment when his eyes changed having to say the Stone Cold one. If he ever leaves WWE on bad terms again Id say we'll get an interesting few words from him about that promo in particular.

I wasnt going to bother watching but i gotta hear how they got Stone Cold into a promo about Reigns

Just watching the promo now, how stupid does Reigns look just standing there listening to Heyman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

I wasnt going to bother watching but i gotta hear how they got Stone Cold into a promo about Reigns

A small part of your love of wrestling will die inside.

Im no doubt in a minority of one when i say this, but listening to Reigns there and couldnt help thinking had he dropped a few ''oh yeah'' into that, it would've been something like a Macho Man promo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just watching the promo now, how stupid does Reigns look just standing there listening to Heyman.

Stand over here! *points* and post that again! :mad::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is there a video of it going around anywhere

Ruu wrote: »
    Stand over here! *points* and post that again! :mad::pac:

Ha, i swear he looked at one stage like he was about to nod off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shame really that the NXT Divas will be getting that treatment when you see the exciting matches they have.

Maybe they should do some form of protest like Gail did when she eliminated herself from that battle royal? Or maybe that wasn't a protest and she just couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be honest most of the male roster is being treated the same way as the Divas and that is as a second though.

If the male stars are afraid to leave it's going to be even harder for the Divas to do so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have to agree. Just watching him stand there squinting at Heyman annoyed the hell out of me.

Loughc wrote: »
    Have to agree. Just watching him stand there squinting at Heyman annoyed the hell out of me.

He should've interupted him, grabbed him by the tie, shout at him, show some emotion, its the main event of the year for the company, biggest match of his career, but to just stand there looking half asleep was just silly.

Advertisement