Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luiminaire Bulb compatibility

Options
  • 23-02-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I have replaced the downlighters in my kitchen with a double spot light fitting from B&Q... it came with crap GU10 bulbs (different colour light too) and as i have spotlights in my kitchen that are "cool white" colour i replaced them with cool white OSRAM LED's.. it all worked perfectly

I have a second downlighter that i have bought a triple spotlight fitting (same type) and when i got home i noticed the label on the side of the box says its only suitable for bulb of energy class C&D.. the OSRAM LED's are A rated

The box tells me the fitting is not suited to A rated bulbs which doesn't make sense to me as they should use less energy(where's the risk??)

Obviously they didn't put it on the box for no reason. Anyone tell me if this fitting would be risky with A rated bulb? The other one works perfect and has been up for a few weeks with no issues... I wouldn't even consider this if i had just moved into a place with fittings already there....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

It might be possible to get B rated incandescent bulbs, which would run very hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

It might be possible to get B rated incandescent bulbs, which would run very hot?

Sorry i'm not sure what you mean by this.. I have A rated GU10 LED bulbs already.. My question is why the light fitting claims it can only accept C&D energy rated bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

can u post a foto of the exact text or post details of the exact B&Q item, I in there today but couldn't see any triple play lights

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

can u post a foto of the exact text or post details of the exact B&Q item, I in there today but couldn't see any triple play lights

Cheers...here's the front of the box and the label underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks, am puzzled.
    If they have them in Swords branch will ask.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I don't think the label is suggesting that the luminaire is not suitable for class A lamps, just that the included halogens are compatible with other class C and D lamps.

Advertisement