Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Old Distillery Apartments

Options
  • 23-02-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am purchasing an apartment in The Old Distillery, Smithfield. Can anyone give me some insight into the area. I have been there a few times and it seems very nice.

Has anybody lived in the building. We are planned to be in the old stone part.

Does anybody anticipate further redevelopment of this area?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Roving bands of feral children but apart from that it's not too bad. I've never had any trouble around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Girlfriend used to live there. It's alright. Gangs of feral children is sadly fairly accurate, but no real bother off them. Close to Capel S and Jervis obviously, and also Smithfield for cinema and eats and drinks. I've heard their turning the fruit and veg wholesalers market into an English Market style area, so that would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

DmanOL wrote: »
    I am purchasing an apartment in The Old Distillery, Smithfield. Can anyone give me some insight into the area. I have been there a few times and it seems very nice.

Has anybody lived in the building. We are planned to be in the old stone part.

Does anybody anticipate further redevelopment of this area?

Thanks
    I wouldn't personally...lived there for about 3 years.
    Lots of bike thefts, cars smashed etc.
    Lots of screaming children in the courtyard constantly as well, If you are buying I would make sure it a high floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DmanOL

Thanks for the Feedback. I do have a substantial distain towards feral children but fortunately I am up near the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I was in an apartment on the 21st floor in Toronto, amazing the sound that travels!

Just make sure you visit the place a few times. Other than that I quite like Smithfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SweetT

Hi can I ask if went ahead with the apartment. I am also looking at the area and would interested to know how you're finding it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 filog

I have been living in Smithfield Village complex for a few years now and the children are a bit annoying, as it is the noise sometimes from the hotel next door. I have been in two different blocks and noise has always been an issue. It is common to hear people yelling in the street, even from the top floor, drug related, many people with this problem. I have been renting. People come and go and in some 2-bedroom apartments you find 6 or 7 foreigners living there. I would not buy here. It is overpriced. The buildings have very thin walls and dampness is an ongoing issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

I am also moving here soon and am looking for any feedback :)

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 swflo

Hi guys,

I'm looking for any help in finding a car space in the old distillery apartments.
    I've recently moved in and have tried all the obvious avenues:
    posting notices around the complex
    Daft/parkingmotel/google etc...

Does anyone know if there's an office number for the complex for security or maintenance etc that I could try?

Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You're unlikely to get one in there but you might have some luck in one of the other complexes or across the River. I assume the lady who rents mine and lives in Smithfield has been looking for one for the two years she's had the spot so I assume that means they're tough to get or maybe she just likes the walk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

This website could be useful & you may find a parking space in the locality.

http://www.rent.ie/parking-spaces/dublin/smithfield/

Advertisement