Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation - dry skin

Options
  • 23-02-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

I have very dry skin on my face, esp forehead, and normally use Clinique Supermoisture make up. It's not overly expensive but would love to find a cheap alternative for every day use as on a budget these days.
    Can anyone with dry skin recommend a cheap foundation? 'Normal' foundations just stick in they dry bits and look awful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

sillysocks wrote: »
    I have very dry skin on my face, esp forehead, and normally use Clinique Supermoisture make up. It's not overly expensive but would love to find a cheap alternative for every day use as on a budget these days.
    Can anyone with dry skin recommend a cheap foundation? 'Normal' foundations just stick in they dry bits and look awful.

Have you tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum one? The serum in it makes it more moisturising than the regular Healthy Mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi OP, you need to get rid of the dry patches or else no foundation will work on it.

Just use a simple exfoliating face wash morning and night, then apply moisturiser..I like Johnson's 24 Hour Essentials Moisturising Cream, it's only €5.99. Let that sink in for two minutes, then apply your foundation.
    You should notice a difference after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah I have a good moisturizer and exfloliate and generally there's not always dry patches, but I find if I use a drying foundation it makes the skin worse regardless of how much I moisturise. Suppose because it's on the skin all day it can dry it as the day goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I second the bourjois healthy mix serum foundation. I've got lots of compliments about my foundation recently. It's lovely and dewy and lasts the whole day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I use bourjois healthy mix serum foundation and find it very good as well.

I have psorasis but usually I don't have it on my face. However the cold weather irritates my face and causes dry patches. When my skin is acting up my foundation highlights all the dry patches on my skin. I actually stopped wearing foundation as it made me look even worse. I should mention as well that these dry patches are visible without foundation. One day I was at the doctor and she prescribed me a cream for the dry patches on my face. It works really well. Maybe the weather might be a reason as to why your skin is so dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

have you tried loreal true match lumi, its formulated for dry skin and its buildable so you could put one layer on for daytime and build up to a fuller coverage at night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ I have it the second shade up. My skin is very light, but not the whitest. And has a bit of a yellow tint. I can't see the lightest shade being too dark for anyone if I need the second shade up!

And yes, great foundation! Especially for dry skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm very pale with rosacea so always slightly red. I use vanilla shade and I find it's a great match.

I'm almost finished a bottle and I'll definitely buy it again.

Thanks all! I'm very pale too, and slightly rosy cheeks so that sounds good How Strange. Went to a few local chemists yest but none had it so going to try get to Boots tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I use 52 Vanilla too. Mush be an "Irish" shade! For anyone who wants to stock up, it's on 3-4-2 in Boots at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Bought it today, also in shade 52, used it earlier and it felt nice. Thanks to all for the recommendations. Hoping it'll work out....a third the price of my Clinique one!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I have really dry skin too and I use Rimmel Match Perfection. I'm also really pale so I use the shade Ivory. If I'm looking for a little more colour (if I'm wearing fake tan) I mix in some Garnier BB cream. Even the lightest shade of that is tanned for my skin! The BB cream also add a little bit more moisture if I'm needing it.

I've tried the Healthy Mix foundation and find that it turns a bit orangey on me, even in the lightest shade, after it's been on for a few minutes. Tends to look a bit cakey on me too. Might just be me because everyone else seems to love it :)

On a side note, I've been using Quick Fix Facials Exfoliating Scrub Mask for blackheads and blocked pores (the purple one). It's the only thing that gets rid of all my dry, flaky skin without leaving me looking like my skin has been burnt off. Takes away a lot of redness too and makeup always goes on like a dream afterwards. Good old fashioned Nivea Cream as a moisturiser too.

Sorry for the essay, just took me ages to find something that worked for my skin so thought I'd pass on the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I've tried the Healthy Mix foundation and find that it turns a bit orangey on me, even in the lightest shade, after it's been on for a few minutes. Tends to look a bit cakey on me too. Might just be me because everyone else seems to love it :)

Did you try the original or the serum version? Just curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Did you try the original or the serum version? Just curious :)

Ah that might be it. I think it was the original one I used. It was a while ago and I gave it away. Might try the serum one :)

Advertisement