Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill Elvery Run 400 reset

Options
  • 23-02-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Can anyone help me, I have an J.W. Elvery Run 400. An error message came up BELT. I contacted Elvery's they want €75 to come out and enter a code. They say it has gone over 150 km and needs to be serviced and a code entered, they are the only ones with the code.
    I need a work around I refuse to be forced into a service and restricted to one engineer.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭paddie9

Turns out the guy at elvery's was wrong, checked the belt tenison, adjusted. Tried pressing different keys together and eventually hit on the right combination.
    Just shows how €75 can be spent easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭easygoing1982

paddie9 wrote: »
    Turns out the guy at elvery's was wrong, checked the belt tenison, adjusted. Tried pressing different keys together and eventually hit on the right combination.
    Just shows how €75 can be spent easily.

just be careful if it is due a service. It'd be no harm to buy lubricating oil for under the belt. There is a load of YouTube videos on how to do it. Unfortunately i never did on one of mine and it was too late when i let the motor burn out. It would have been €400 for replacement so i just added 200 and got a new one.

Surely Elverys policy is wrong if i read it right. Does a customer not have a right to get whoever they like to maintain their own machinery. They can't be only people over a barrel like that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,592 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Surely Elverys policy is wrong if i read it right. Does a customer not have a right to get whoever they like to maintain their own machinery. They can't be only people over a barrel like that

Sounds like they were suggesting that their engineer needed to service it as he would have the code to get it back in working order, i.e. another engineer wouldn't have that code.

Been away didn't get a chance to catch up. There verily simple mechanically to lubricate and tension.
    Yes they suggested only their engineer would have the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerryodon

hi I have the same issue, did you have to pay for a service engineer...I can access the diagnostics but do not know how to reset the belt error.....treadmill runs fine in diagnostic mode, so no issue. I have also lubricated the belt etc....just cant reset the belt error

• Advertisement

gerryodon wrote: »
    hi I have the same issue, did you have to pay for a service engineer...I can access the diagnostics but do not know how to reset the belt error.....treadmill runs fine in diagnostic mode, so no issue. I have also lubricated the belt etc....just cant reset the belt error
    I just pressed and held different combinations of buttons, 2 at the same time. Hold for 30.
    I eventually hit on the right combination and it reset.
    I didn't access the diagnostics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerryodon

SUCCESS Eventually, have to say thanks Elverys for the help, I went back to the store I purchased it from with the model number etc. they said that they would get back in touch, it took a couple of days but got a call from the Engineer who in turn gave me the reset instructions over the phone - No payment rqd.....THANKs
    To reset the BELT error on this model, HOLD DOWN THE STOP BUTTON FOR APPROX 10 SEC, the display returns to normal....

I think that this appears so that you check the belt etc....so also lubricated the belt & checked condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ronan6700

Hi, is this a good treadmill? Thinking of buying one second hand. Thanks

Advertisement