Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hi Viz vest offer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If your going to wear a hi viz you may as well wear one that makes other road users pay attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Del2005 wrote: »
    If your going to wear a hi viz you may as well wear one that makes other road users pay attention

See more and more of these around great idea.
    It does catch the eye.
    The manufacturer was on Dragons Den recently and she was asked if the U.K. Police had anything to say about the design and she said that there were no issues and that it had their approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I regularly see a guy on the commute down M50 wearing one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

I have seen many bikers wear that vest, thinking about picking up that exact one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I am not one for Hi-Viz stuff but I saw this recently and its a very good price for a decent vest
    Not from ICON in the US but probably their Chinese factory selling off their stock.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-ICON-MIL-SPEC-MESH-VEST-YELLOW-motorcycle-motorbike-bike-racing-high-visibility-reflective-warning/718401421.html

Good deal there...
    Lots of these about ... Most couriers seem to have them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

The icon one looks pretty good, i got a free one of the RSA but its very loose and flappy. The Polite is a nice idea but 50 euro.. Seems like a complete rip off..

rowanh wrote: »
    The icon one looks pretty good, i got a free one of the RSA but its very loose and flappy. The Polite is a nice idea but 50 euro.. Seems like a complete rip off..

At 50 euro I wouldn't go as far to say that it's a complete rip off.
    I haven't held one, but I have seen them up reasonably close and they look quite sturdy and appear to give a bit of extra weather protection to the user.
    Add in the catchy design that does grab your attention then it's maybe about right given the UK price.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

K.Flyer wrote: »
    At 50 euro I wouldn't go as far to say that it's a complete rip off.
    I haven't held one, but I have seen them up reasonably close and they look quite sturdy and appear to give a bit of extra weather protection to the user.
    Add in the catchy design that does grab your attention then it's maybe about right given the UK price.

Well in fairness i havent seen them but if they can knock out something like this and sell it for 50 euro..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorbike-Motorcycle-CE-Armoured-Waterproof-Textile-Sports-Jacket-Unisex-/221559389904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3395f7fed0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Free Hi Vis (at least they used to be) jackets at RSA.ie -

You just need to set up an account, takes mins

http://rsa.pmms.ie/ProductDetails.aspx?Option=Group&OptionParameter=HIVIS

rowanh wrote: »
    Well in fairness i havent seen them but if they can knock out something like this and sell it for 50 euro..

The difference is how eye catching this POLITE jacket is on a bike.
    When I saw it first I thought it was an ex-Police surplus item, until I took a second look.
    If it raises a drivers attention and awareness to the bike rider, then it has to be a good idea. Sort of brings the Be Safe Be Seen to a new level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement