Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you watching the cup final ?

Options
  • 23-02-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Going out to watch it is tricky as it clashes with the rugger buggers which will make it difficult to see and impossible to hear.

I was gonna pop into into the Dublin Spurs supporters Pub (Tom Mayes) but I hear it's members only for the final - someone might clarify this ?

I might end up watching it at home in the end

Monday booked off just in case we do it again :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

At home with my feet up and a nice hot cup of tea!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I probably won't. Ireland vs England is on at 3pm that day. I'll keep it streaming on my phone, but the rugby will take priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I have a day pass and intend on making full use of it!
    Never been to mayes for a spurs game so if there's no restrictions I'd like to head there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Three of us had flights and a hotel booked in London in the hope our loyalty points would get us a ticket but not to be. We have decided to go anyway and watch in a pub full of Spurs fans somewhere near the Lane I imagine.

The rugby will be a problem alright for Irish Spurs in the pubs, bloody egg chasers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Kiith wrote: »
    I probably won't. Ireland vs England is on at 3pm that day. I'll keep it streaming on my phone, but the rugby will take priority.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Would have said Tom Mayes but if its members only (which is disappointing) then it'll have to be at home

maybe someone from the Dublin supporters club can confirm how it's gonna work ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

:eek:

As much as i love Spurs, the Ireland game is more important for me. It'll probably decide who wins the Championship. I thought the CC final was a 1pm kick off, and had looked forward to a day of sports. Alas, it's not to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

As much as i love Spurs, the Ireland game is more important for me. It'll probably decide who wins the Championship. I thought the CC final was a 1pm kick off, and had looked forward to a day of sports. Alas, it's not to be.

yeah but its game 3 in a 5 match competition, its not the deciding game.

Cup final is a cup final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

GET OUT!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I agree with Mickman. Plus you can always watch England/Ireland next year and the year after and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Going out to watch it is tricky as it clashes with the rugger buggers which will make it difficult to see and impossible to hear.

I was gonna pop into into the Dublin Spurs supporters Pub (Tom Mayes) but I hear it's members only for the final - someone might clarify this ?

I might end up watching it at home in the end

Monday booked off just in case we do it again :)

Flying out to Gatwick at 7.30am, flying home at 9.30pm, tickets sorted...fingers crossed we do them. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Evergreen Bar Turners Cross for me. Big screen for the yids and couple of 40" ones for the egg chasing chaps in the front bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Lucan Village... #cantwait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:

I had two tickets to the rugby and i told the missus to go and find someone else to go with. no way I'm missing the footy

Also.

I have a membership card for the spurs supporters club in Tom Mayes but I'm heading home to Cavan and watching it in a pub down there with about 15 other spurs supporters. Ironically the pub is owned and run by an Arsenal fan.

Anyway... If anyone wants the card then they are welcome to it.

I'd love to be going to Tom Mayes myself... should be epic but the trip the cavan for a cup final is a bit of a pilgrimage and I'm doing it for superstitious purposes as much as anything.

Looks like Tom Mayes will be missing out on a lot of revenue..

Any other spots in Dublin where spurs fans congregate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

oppiuy wrote: »
    Looks like Tom Mayes will be missing out on a lot of revenue..

Any other spots in Dublin where spurs fans congregate

As far as I know, the deal with Tom Mayes was that the Dublin Spurs were asking members to collect a wrist band to gain access next Sunday. The place will be full so they are trying to give regular Dublin Spurs members priority which is understandable. Might be worth dropping Dublin Spurs club an email or message to see what kind of numbers they are expecting from members.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    As far as I know, the deal with Tom Mayes was that the Dublin Spurs were asking members to collect a wrist band to gain access next Sunday. The place will be full so they are trying to give regular Dublin Spurs members priority which is understandable. Might be worth dropping Dublin Spurs club an email or message to see what kind of numbers they are expecting from members.

Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

From their Facebook page

REMINDER FOR DUBLIN SPURS MEMBERS!! PLEASE READ!!

Hi guys and gals. As you are all aware the Capital One Cup Final is under two weeks away. The game clashes with the Ireland vs England Six Nations rugby game so most pubs will be showing that. For this reason and many others we expect that any Spurs fans in Dublin will want to attend The Spurs Lodge for the Final. We are expecting a BIG crowd. In order to accommodate our loyal Dublin Spurs members we have made wristbands to be worn on the day which will be given to members first. We really can't emphasise it enough that we need members to collect these wristbands prior to March 1st to avoid any problems on the day. If you genuinely can't make it in to The Lodge for a match before the cup final please contact Dublin Spurs ASAP and we can try arrange an alternative. Please email us at spursdublin@gmail.com.

Please note that all Spurs fans are welcome on the day but members will be given first access for their loyalty shown throughout the season. - PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'm gonna sit at home and watch City v Liverpool, then watch Ireland v England with the cup final recording. At half time in the rugby I'll fast forward through the build up for the cup final (to be watched the next day if we win), so that when the rugby finishes, I can switch on the start of the cup final, with about 5 mins left in the first half I think.

Obviously, I'll be staying well away from my phone for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

One pub. Two TVs. Problem solved. Just get a stool that both tvs are both in easy eyeline. Monday booked off work. :)

Glebee wrote: »
    One pub. Two TVs. Problem solved. Just get a stool that both tvs are both in easy eyeline. Monday booked off work. :)

Each to their own, but for me that's madness. I find that those seats with a perfect view of both matches do exist, but they're very hard to find, in the city anyway, and if you do find them, you'd better be a few hours early for the match, as they're extremely hard to find with seats for all your mates as well.

Added to all that, personally speaking once I have a few beers I find it hard to concentrate on one match let alone two.

I wish you well!

gar wrote: »
    From their Facebook page

REMINDER FOR DUBLIN SPURS MEMBERS!! PLEASE READ!!

Hi guys and gals. As you are all aware the Capital One Cup Final is under two weeks away. The game clashes with the Ireland vs England Six Nations rugby game so most pubs will be showing that. For this reason and many others we expect that any Spurs fans in Dublin will want to attend The Spurs Lodge for the Final. We are expecting a BIG crowd. In order to accommodate our loyal Dublin Spurs members we have made wristbands to be worn on the day which will be given to members first. We really can't emphasise it enough that we need members to collect these wristbands prior to March 1st to avoid any problems on the day. If you genuinely can't make it in to The Lodge for a match before the cup final please contact Dublin Spurs ASAP and we can try arrange an alternative. Please email us at spursdublin@gmail.com.

Please note that all Spurs fans are welcome on the day but members will be given first access for their loyalty shown throughout the season. - PC

I guess the upstairs lounge ("Spurs Lodge") must be very small

Can't imagine there'll be more than 60 going in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ormus wrote: »
    Each to their own, but for me that's madness. I find that those seats with a perfect view of both matches do exist, but they're very hard to find, in the city anyway, and if you do find them, you'd better be a few hours early for the match, as they're extremely hard to find with seats for all your mates as well.

Added to all that, personally speaking once I have a few beers I find it hard to concentrate on one match let alone two.

I wish you well!

Were Spurs fans, how many mates have we really got that want to watch Tottenham:p

Glebee wrote: »
    Were Spurs fans, how many mates have we really got that want to watch Tottenham:p

Yes but how many Irish mates have you got who don't wanna watch the rugby?

And most football fans would wanna watch a cup final even if it's only Spurs v Chelsea.

I guess the upstairs lounge ("Spurs Lodge") must be very small

Can't imagine there'll be more than 60 going in

small enough but it would hold about 80-90 and even if upstairs is full the same again would comfortable fit downstairs which has 3 large tv screens and a huge projector type thing.

I have been there several times and the opening day for the West ham game had about 80 at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Forget about Sours for a minute I'd even watch the goons over the egg chasing any day of the week :D

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Forget about Sours for a minute I'd even watch the goons over the egg chasing any day of the week :D

amen to that

I can't stand it - and as for the fans, don't get me started ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

If Ireland and England were playing out my back garden in the deciding game for the 6 nations I'd close the blinds!

Advertisement